• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12 Days of Christmas Response - Earl and Bait Style...

Started by Earl is my Hero!!, December 22, 2009, 10:55:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl is my Hero!!

Quite Frankly

You're just tired.  Too much researching had left you listless.

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 22, 2009, 08:52:40 pm
Quote from: QF© on July 19, 2007, 06:36:22 pm
Baitshop......

will you marry me?

Your attempts to resist me are futile....... :-*

Don't fight it QF.....this thing is bigger than the both of us..... 8)

Smithian

Quote from: RGP on December 22, 2009, 08:10:40 pm
Since we're pullng out quotes from QF's past, let's not forget this jewel in reference to her 10 favorite posters:

Quote from: QF© on May 04, 2007, 05:01:46 pm
Not in order

RD
RunningGamePower
RHS
EddieGoodsen
Father Guido
Forked Tongue
Drama Mama
ArthurHawgarelli
SD Jones
KeyStone/Ivan/Asyalum/Olddog79/Ladyjack Many others

During football season there are others that don't come to mind right now.
Everyone likes their inside sources.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: RGP on December 22, 2009, 08:10:40 pm
Since we're pullng out quotes from QF's past, let's not forget this jewel in reference to her 10 favorite posters:

Quote from: QF© on May 04, 2007, 05:01:46 pm
Not in order

RD
RunningGamePower
RHS
EddieGoodsen
Father Guido
Forked Tongue
Drama Mama
ArthurHawgarelli
SD Jones
KeyStone/Ivan/Asyalum/Olddog79/Ladyjack Many others

During football season there are others that don't come to mind right now.
Awe..... at one time I made "it's" list ;D

Quite Frankly

Earl is my Hero!!

Scorp

Okay, if she's not Beck Campbell (my first guess), then my second guess is ..... tada ..... Mrs. Earl

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: QF© on August 03, 2007, 12:19:35 pm
Hey grats on the 5000th post.  Hope I stop before then!  :)

Kinda missed there, huh?

Quite Frankly

It's possible that all the posts in QF's history are not actually the author of that particular post.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: QF© on December 22, 2009, 10:27:38 pm
It's possible that all the posts in QF's history are not actually the author of that particular post.

Huh?

Earl is my Hero!!

Baitshop

Quote from: Scorp on December 22, 2009, 10:15:50 pm
Okay, if she's not Beck Campbell (my first guess), then my second guess is ..... tada ..... Mrs. Earl

Nope, I talked to Earl AND Mrs. Earl on the phone yesterday and she thinks that QF is.....you guessed it......Earl!!

Earl told her it was me......

I told them both that it was Mrs. Earl.....

Yeah.....we're real close to figuring this one out...... ::)

Baitshop

December 22, 2009, 11:21:10 pm #63 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:22:54 pm by Baitshop
Bait's DixieDoozy's:

"I'm not a sportswriter nor do I work for a school"

While technically correct, this real truth not spoken in this quote is central in the discerning of QF's true identity.....

The technicality is fairly obvious to anyone who pays any degree of attention.....

More to come....

RGP

Quote from: QF© on December 22, 2009, 08:20:01 pm
I was so naive then.  Maybe 3 of those make the cut now.
Ahhh that's tough... I'm going to have to go with
1. RGP
2. Eddie Goodson
3. RD

Am I right? Am I?

Earl is my Hero!!

QF on how he/she became known as QF:

Quote from: QF© on August 28, 2007, 06:54:44 pm
Do I really need to elaborate?

Seriously, I have always been known to be a pretty straight shooter as far back as early elementary. But several years ago BEFORE Stephen A. Smith began his Quite Frankly talk show on ESPN, several of my friends called me QF.  Apparantly one night I was arguing over something at a party and used the phrase several times to 'set a few facts straight'.

I was simply QF for about a year to several close friends.

Once Stephen A. started his show, it was only natural.

Baitshop

For those of you who don't believe in the power of the Earl/Baitshop thinktank.....

Behold....the truth has been under your nose's for over a year....."the Emperor is truly wearing no clothes"....

Quote from: QF© on October 17, 2008, 01:27:21 pm

It is time for me to stop living this lie that has become my life. I have spent the last several months leading others to believe that I am something that I am not. This terrible secret has been eating me alive since the inception of the lie. It has taken a toll on my close friends and the people here on Fearless Friday that I value and respect. The how and why of what drew me to my unfortunate situation is not important. What is important is that I apologize and try to make right the wrong that I have done. The best way that I know to begin the healing process for all of us is to admit who I really am. I believe that this revelation will do more to explain my unacceptable behavior than any 1000 apologies.

I am Walt Williams and I love Shiloh Christian football.

Earl is my Hero!!

Earl's freebie #5:

QF interviewed for a promotion on Monday September 24th, 2007

Earl is my Hero!!

Hmmm....

No clue for today? Bait, looks like we're hitting a little too close to home...

RGP

Smithian

Well, QF is a dude. Least well kept secret on the board past few days, but major revelation nonetheless now it is official.

And the drama builds.

Baitshop

December 23, 2009, 02:30:54 pm #72 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:32:29 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 23, 2009, 09:49:52 am
Hmmm....

No clue for today? Bait, looks like we're hitting a little too close to home...

Well, well, well.....QF has an 'outie'.........

Looks like the "Earl/Bait ThinkTank" has hit the nail on the head with today's revelation.....

The tension is building.....who will get to the finish line first......

Will there be a "revealer" or will it be a "revealee"....??

True Believer

I think I'm a little bit sad.  It's kinda like finding out Santy Claus is........

I don't want to spoil it for the children on here.  Some still believe.

Eddie Goodson

I see the Ace Ventura/Einhorn pic I posted on the 7A/6A board last week flew right over some people's heads.

True Believer

Eddie Goodson

Uncle Ivan

Earl is my Hero!!

BHS1

Quote from: True Believer on December 23, 2009, 04:01:13 pm
I think I'm a little bit sad.  It's kinda like finding out Santy Claus is........

But, what are you trying to say?

slapper

Amazing to me that QF was able to hide his "manhood" all these years.

BvilleTiger

Baitshop

Baitshop

Quote from: Baitshop on December 22, 2009, 09:25:21 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 22, 2009, 08:52:40 pm
Quote from: QF© on July 19, 2007, 06:36:22 pm
Baitshop......

will you marry me?

Your attempts to resist me are futile....... :-*

Don't fight it QF.....this thing is bigger than the both of us..... 8)

Ohhhhhh!!!!.......I take ALL of this post back..... :o

Earl is my Hero!!

Below is a trail of bread crumbs. A trail that lead The Earl to discover the Holy Grail...

This post:

Quote from: QF© on March 05, 2007, 10:45:35 pm
Fat money....what a good time to remind everyone of such a painful memory.  She was a great lady.  Knew her well.  She was very graceful and gave the good fight.

Thanks for the trigger of some good memories I have of her, her family and her legacy through her children.

Wally on the other hand......

Lead to this post:

Quote from: Fat Money on March 05, 2007, 10:22:52 pm
I doubt he can or ever will. It's his M.O.
When Ford was the coach, WH saw my brother-in-law (a newspaper writer at the time) talking one-on-one after a practice with Ford. Naturally the other writers wanted to know what was up.
WH found out my BIL was telling Ford my sister had been diagnosed with cancer. (Ford, by the way, told my BIL whatever bills insurance didn't cover he would help cover personally.) So WH wrote - without talking to any family member - about how wonderful it was that members of the Razorbacks were banding together to show such compassion for a women who had six months to live.
Sure, six months if she just sat around and didn't do anything.
My father called WH and asked him how he would have liked it had his kids read in the newspaper that their mom only had six months to live.
He wrote an apology to the family, but never offered one up in his column space, so the perception remained that he was the guy who wrote such a touching, heart-felt column, not that he was a guy that tried to hit the emotional home run at the expense of my sister's family's emotions and then just walk away from it like nothing happened.

And this one:

Quote from: Fat Money on March 05, 2007, 10:55:06 pm
Thanks. I can tell you knew her well because those words you used to describe her fit her to a T.
I can honestly say in the time since - 5 1/2 years - I've only read WH once or twice and even then only a couple of graphs, I guess to remind myself of why I quit reading him in the first place.

These posts along with the numerous references to Fat Money, Sonic, and Dr. Pepper illuminated an association. One with someone with whom I am familiar. That connection along with a post to be shared tomorrow allowed The Earl to connect all the dots!!!

However, I will let you  handle the reveal in your own time and in your own way...

Earl is my Hero!!

Now, examine the following series of posts (pertaining to BB coaches in S'dale) and ask yourself who would know this and have the associations detailed in my earlier post.

Sherlock Holmes ain't got nothin on The Earl...

Quote from: QF© on March 14, 2007, 07:54:37 pm
I know for a fact that there first choice interviewed yesterday.

Quote from: QF© on March 19, 2007, 02:13:30 pm
They have a very very short list and will offer in that mix and see if they get one of the first choices.  It might take a little for those/that choice to decide.  Sort of a waiting game right now.  If the coach turns it down, they wil expand the search.

If the loop expands, I'll let you know.

Quote from: QF© on March 19, 2007, 02:30:54 pm
Quote from: footballman on March 19, 2007, 02:28:01 pm
The short list is- Brad Stamps, Bill Taylor, Roger Franks- anyone else?

That might not be exactly accurate.... :)

Quote from: QF© on April 02, 2007, 03:08:42 pm
Quote from: NWAhoops.com on April 02, 2007, 01:14:46 pm
I talked to Coach Stamps about two weeks ago. He said he knew his name was out there but he had not been approached by SHS, nor had he applied. He didn't know where thar rumor came from. Now, since then he may have applied or have been contacted.

He was snowing you.  He has been a part of this process since before the basketball season ended(SD and Shiloh).  Before officially announcing the candidates, Scoggins had already been after him and Taylor.  If your conversation was after the season, he was just being polite to you.

As we have all learned by watching the U of A search, the process for hiring a coach can be a hodgepodge of misleading statements and speculation by all parties involved.  Until a formal offer comes, very few coaches will admit to pursuing a job in order to save face at their current job.

The SD school system has to interview candidates.  It's very normal to name finalists after the first round of interviews.  Several of the names mentioned were very token interviews.  This was a 2 horse race from the start.  Neither of the 2 horses has pulled out and/or given the admininstration (scoggins) reason to doubt their ability to do the job.

What's left is to choose the "A" candidate and see if he'll in fact take the job at the offered salary. Then the coach will actually have to be sure he wants to leave his "old" job.  Occasionally, he will turned down the new job.  Sometimes the cold feet occur when the reality of leaving hits.

It's Taylor or Stamps.  The only way it's not is if they BOTH turn down the job .  But at least one has indicated he will accept it on the spot.

The question I see that could be stalling this a little is what does happen to DE when he doesn't get the job.  Will he be miffed enough to leave SHS?  At least as a coach?  Will the new coach want to hire his own guy?   Can the new coach stand DE?  All those questions and answers will factor into a new coach's decision.

All the other stuff is just for show.  These 2 have been the class of this "process" before they even started the "process".

It's over very soon................  :)

It's over soon.

Quote from: QF© on April 05, 2007, 07:11:02 pm
The word will get out, but until the contract is signed and the board signs off on it(formality) I can't comment on it myself.  Several involved know who I am and I simply can't break the "official" news.

Early speculation was accurate.....

Pay particular attention to the bolded statement above...

Smithian

December 24, 2009, 11:49:23 am #87 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:51:09 am by Smithian
I will say the Fayetteville revelation is easily the most shocking of all so far for me. I should have realized it when she... God, I can't adjust, "he" was spouting off Brandon Allen as better than Mitch Mustain. The great tragedy in this is I always knew a day would come when QF would have a team and I would be able to finally trash... "Him" up and down for "his" team and revel in the glory of being a Southside fan. QF being a Fayetteville fan is a tough pill to swallow. A very tough one as a Southside fan.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Smithian on December 24, 2009, 11:49:23 am
I will say the Fayetteville revelation is easily the most shocking of all so far for me. I should have realized it when she... God, I can't adjust, "he" was spouting off Brandon Allen as better than Mitch Mustain. The great tragedy in this is I always knew a day would come when QF would have a team and I would be able to finally trash... "Him" up and down for "his" team and revel in the glory of being a Southside fan. QF being a Fayetteville fan is a tough pill to swallow. A very tough one as a Southside fan.
This is just a twist Smithian. Fayetteville was thrown out to thow you off the trail. QF is a closet Shiloh fan. I am leaning towards Bait's thoughts, especially now that I know it isn't Frank Broyles. It has to be one of the Williams brothers!

Smithian

Haha, I kind of doubt it's Fayetteville. I think that was thrown out there since that's the one school in the 7A that can really laugh at Southside. Anyone else would have resulted in bait, RGP, and I having a field day.

I can only think of a couple Faytown people who may know who the man behind Smithian mask is and, well, I have doubts it's QF.

BillyJack™

I'll let you guys continue to speculate, but I will offer to you that the 12 days are on the up and up.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 24, 2009, 12:29:59 pm
I'll let you guys continue to speculate, but I will offer to you that the 12 days are on the up and up.
I know BJ, but I had to throw the Shiloh thing in there for QF to stew about. I know how bad he hates the thought of Shiloh and Walter................................

BillyJack™

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 24, 2009, 12:32:05 pm
Quote from: BillyJack™ on December 24, 2009, 12:29:59 pm
I know BJ, but I had to throw the Shiloh thing in there for QF to stew about. I know how bad he hates the thought of Shiloh and Walter................................
I thought love was in the air when it came to those two!

fastdrop

I am glad it is a guy....I would love to meet it and kick its tail.

Unless he is bigger than me and then I would get sum homies and kick its tail.

Whatever it is...it luvs sum basketball.

and yes da devils kicked that fayetteville tail the last time they met in the state championship game....I almost felt srry for those little guys.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: fastdrop on December 24, 2009, 12:47:13 pm
kick its tail.

"It" is exactly correct.  I find it hard to believe that there were actually very many people left around here that still thought QF was a woman??  I was under the impression that theory went out the door a very long time ago...I have been hearing him referred to as "It" for quite some time.  So I wasn't aware it was still a big secret.  Guess you should never assume too much about this group around here lol...that could be dangerous.

Billyo62

Quote from: rabs_fan4life on December 24, 2009, 04:12:50 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on December 24, 2009, 12:47:13 pm
kick its tail.

"It" is exactly correct.  I find it hard to believe that there were actually very many people left around here that still thought QF was a woman??  I was under the impression that theory went out the door a very long time ago...I have been hearing him referred to as "It" for quite some time.  So I wasn't aware it was still a big secret.  Guess you should never assume too much about this group around here lol...that could be dangerous.

I was always told that QF was a Woman trapped in a Mans body ( 2nd string-Model )  :-X

True Believer

Quote from: BHS1 on December 23, 2009, 11:40:02 pm

Believe in Santa as long as you can

But as to all this stuff.   I don't believe any of it yet.   I mean.  This IS Fearless Friday.    Man?  Woman?   Or both?   

Billyo62

Quote from: True Believer on December 24, 2009, 04:32:20 pm
Quote from: BHS1 on December 23, 2009, 11:40:02 pm

Believe in Santa as long as you can

But as to all this stuff.   I don't believe any of it yet.   I mean.  This IS Fearless Friday.    Man?  Woman?   Or both?   

No need to believe ..Santa is Real...  Merry Christmas!

True Believer

Billyo62

Quote from: True Believer on December 24, 2009, 05:00:35 pm
You are going to get a stocking full of coal.  :)

TB- You have a Happy Holiday.. Love from Wally World... I have to go , the oldest son's girl friends parents are coming over and bringing Grandma from California for Dinner and festivities...  I may chime in later.. if I survive!  :-[

Merry Christmas!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas