• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Melbourne

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2018, 12:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 09:03:52 pm
19 to 13 and of 1 Osceola up
19 to 13 end of the first quarter. My bad

Made

501Arkansas

ISU7

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on February 22, 2018, 09:22:32 pm
I believe Yellville is done 🍝😂🍴
Yeah it's a wrap. They cannot handle the pressure from the noles.

Made

Yellville catching some momentum

ZoneBuster

501Arkansas

teh29

Made

56-36 atm Osceola up by 20 at 7 min mark ys cut it to 14 at 6 min mark spread back out now

501Arkansas

NEA Razorback olfan

NEABBALLFAN03

Radiotalker

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 10:12:04 pm
Osceola 61 ys 45

Final

Led by 22 at the end of Q3 and coasted to the win. Way to advance Seminoles.

501Arkansas

Quote from: The not CoachDrennan and not too bright on February 22, 2018, 11:15:46 am
After playing Yellville at district I firmly believe that Osceola stands no chance at beating Yellville. Yellville is far more superior at everything (Ex. Shooting. Defense, and athleticism) I will take all bets on this. Osceola is over ranked.
Osceola 61 Yellville 45 😂...IT WAS TOO EASY

Head Lion

Head Lion

Who do these teams play all year to rack up 19-25 wins???

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 22, 2018, 10:55:42 pm
Each other....😂

biglion1985

Hey now come on leave these guys alone lol but look who the Noles play next they play the mighty tigers watch out for the champs Noles lol 😂😂😂

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 22, 2018, 11:38:18 pm
Hey now come on leave these guys alone lol but look who the Noles play next they play the mighty tigers watch out for the champs Noles lol 😂😂😂
Might be another "easy work"😂😂

ozarkmtnsman

First off Congrats to Osceola for a good win. They were the better team. Yellville just didn't have the depth. Three starters fouling out and a crippled point guard 3 minutes into the game is just too much. If you was at the game, you would know that we handled the pressure ok, but there were definitely turnovers. Poor shooting under the goal and foul trouble are what got Yellville down.  Good thing the "noles" were not overly confident, unlike the posters on this board. There was no 30-40 point beat down. After reading all the comments on this thread, I have realized that the maturity level is lacking for several posters. As far as who Yellville has played to get 20 wins?  Some more disciplined teams that shoot a heck alot better than Osceola. The kids on both teams played hard, I will be rooting for Osceola for the rest of the tournament, but just not sure if they have all the pieces for a state championship.

YSpanther

It wasn't the "press", it was the length and especially the quickness just in the half court game.  Our point guard twisted his ankle bad in the first 3 minutes.  They taped it up and he went and let's be honest, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it sure didn't help.  But what I mean is that in the half court, Osceola was a half step quicker to get in front and stop drives that Yellville would've completed against less athletic teams.  We missed several shots that we frequently would've made during the year, primarily because of the quickness and length.  But the real difference was in our half court defense.  The constant drives inside finally paid off because Yellville was a step slow compared to the quickness.  3 of our starters, including our 3 tallest starters fouled out, especially our 6'5" post in the middle of the 3rd.  We got a few charges here and there, but just weren't fast enough to cut off the drives, that we would've handled with a less athletic team.

I suspect that there are not any 3A teams more athletic than you guys.  I don't think you will win state, but I think you will go far and will handle Valley tomorrow and will get a chance to maybe get some revenge on Manila Saturday. 

We may see some of you again in baseball regionals in a few months.  Anybody got the skinny on who should be stout over there this year in baseball, besides Manila?

After that you won't have Yellville to kick around anymore.   ;D  We'll be playing in 2A, which is what our current enrollment puts us at.  So if you are the supposed number one team in the state in 3A, I guess we are 16 points worse than the number one team in the state. I guess we'll have to live with that.  :D

501Arkansas

Quote from: YSpanther on February 23, 2018, 01:01:04 am
It wasn't the "press", it was the length and especially the quickness just in the half court game.  Our point guard twisted his ankle bad in the first 3 minutes.  They taped it up and he went and let's be honest, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it sure didn't help.  But what I mean is that in the half court, Osceola was a half step quicker to get in front and stop drives that Yellville would've completed against less athletic teams.  We missed several shots that we frequently would've made during the year, primarily because of the quickness and length.  But the real difference was in our half court defense.  The constant drives inside finally paid off because Yellville was a step slow compared to the quickness.  3 of our starters, including our 3 tallest starters fouled out, especially our 6'5" post in the middle of the 3rd.  We got a few charges here and there, but just weren't fast enough to cut off the drives, that we would've handled with a less athletic team.

I suspect that there are not any 3A teams more athletic than you guys.  I don't think you will win state, but I think you will go far and will handle Valley tomorrow and will get a chance to maybe get some revenge on Manila Saturday. 

We may see some of you again in baseball regionals in a few months.  Anybody got the skinny on who should be stout over there this year in baseball, besides Manila?

After that you won't have Yellville to kick around anymore.   ;D  We'll be playing in 2A, which is what our current enrollment puts us at.  So if you are the supposed number one team in the state in 3A, I guess we are 16 points worse than the number one team in the state. I guess we'll have to live with that.  :D
Yeah that press killed you guys all night long. But we know for sure yellville will not win state lol quit making excuses, hope your baseball team better than the basketball team lol. 20+ turnovers? That press had to been the biggest reason you guys got your back and whooped

501Arkansas

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 23, 2018, 12:59:31 am
First off Congrats to Osceola for a good win. They were the better team. Yellville just didn't have the depth. Three starters fouling out and a crippled point guard 3 minutes into the game is just too much. If you was at the game, you would know that we handled the pressure ok, but there were definitely turnovers. Poor shooting under the goal and foul trouble are what got Yellville down.  Good thing the "noles" were not overly confident, unlike the posters on this board. There was no 30-40 point beat down. After reading all the comments on this thread, I have realized that the maturity level is lacking for several posters. As far as who Yellville has played to get 20 wins?  Some more disciplined teams that shoot a heck alot better than Osceola. The kids on both teams played hard, I will be rooting for Osceola for the rest of the tournament, but just not sure if they have all the pieces for a state championship.
We know who doesn't have the pieces to win State 😂

Head Lion

February 23, 2018, 05:02:18 am #174 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:59:31 am by Head Lion
I will give YS some credit,  they did have some playmakers on the floor. Kids played hard & once they adjusted to the quickness, they played well until they ran out of gas. Good season YS, Manila returns 8 starters in baseball from state quarterfinals team.

ozarkmtnsman

501Arkansas:

Like I said "maturity" dude. I'm glad the actual players have more class than you. I also hope you are a fan or parent, not someone associated with the school in any way. Kids deal with enough trash talking, they don't need it anymore from adults.

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: Head Lion on February 23, 2018, 05:02:18 am
I will give YS some, they did have some playmakers on the floor. Kids played hard & once they adjusted to the quickness, they played well until they ran out of gas. Good season YS, Manila returns 8 starters in baseball from state quarterfinals team.
In the future I think it would be very beneficial for Yellville to try to schedule some games or tournaments in NEA. I think those experiences would definitely help in post-season. Though we are moving down to 2A, there are some NEA powerhouses in that division also. 

Good Luck, be careful driving in this crappy weather.

ZoneBuster

Who do you suggest they play? There are very few 4A+ teams in their area and teams like Harrison won't play smaller schools. They don't have much of a choice without traveling a ridiculous distance.

baller334

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 23, 2018, 05:57:26 am
In the future I think it would be very beneficial for Yellville to try to schedule some games or tournaments in NEA. I think those experiences would definitely help in post-season. Though we are moving down to 2A, there are some NEA powerhouses in that division also. 

Good Luck, be careful driving in this crappy weather.

I can tell you it will benefit every (Hill) school to play some teams in the Eastern half of the state to be ready for postseason. It just seems they play more physical and it seems like the officials let them play more physical so that's what the kids are use too. Osceola's constant pressure is what makes them so hard to beat. You have to have depth and good strong guards which is why Manila can play with them. You will not see many 3A teams like them.

NEABBALLFAN03

Predictions for tonight?

Here are mine:
Riverside over Melbourne by 10
Manila over Rivercrest by 5
MV over Hoxie by 10
Osceola over Valley by 15

Good luck to all the teams tonight and safe travels for all the fans!

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: baller334 on February 23, 2018, 06:40:25 am
I can tell you it will benefit every (Hill) school to play some teams in the Eastern half of the state to be ready for postseason. It just seems they play more physical and it seems like the officials let them play more physical so that's what the kids are use too. Osceola's constant pressure is what makes them so hard to beat. You have to have depth and good strong guards which is why Manila can play with them. You will not see many 3A teams like them.

100% agree

87DAWG

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 23, 2018, 01:42:21 am
Yeah that press killed you guys all night long. But we know for sure yellville will not win state lol quit making excuses, hope your baseball team better than the basketball team lol. 20+ turnovers? That press had to been the biggest reason you guys got your back and whooped
I believe ya'll were suppose to win that game right? I root for Osceola bc my ex mother-in-law teaches there but to boost and brag and talk down another school your suppose to beat is both sad and hilarious! I hope they make a deep run and even win it but I hope you can receive as well as you dish!!!

Head Lion

Yellville is the type team, if they had played some "Delta" schools growing up, they might have could made a run in state. Like I said, they had some kids who could make plays, played hard & together. It is just really tough to adjust to the quickness when you hadn't seen it. Best of luck to YS on the move to 2A, good squad.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 23, 2018, 05:47:50 am
501Arkansas:

Like I said "maturity" dude. I'm glad the actual players have more class than you. I also hope you are a fan or parent, not someone associated with the school in any way. Kids deal with enough trash talking, they don't need it anymore from adults.
I'm glad the players do to

501Arkansas

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 23, 2018, 10:01:04 am
I believe ya'll were suppose to win that game right? I root for Osceola bc my ex mother-in-law teaches there but to boost and brag and talk down another school your suppose to beat is both sad and hilarious! I hope they make a deep run and even win it but I hope you can receive as well as you dish!!!
I'm just going off what one guy said, he say Osceola didn't have a chance. And yeah I can dish and receive

YSpanther

Quote from: Head Lion on February 23, 2018, 05:02:18 am
I will give YS some credit,  they did have some playmakers on the floor. Kids played hard & once they adjusted to the quickness, they played well until they ran out of gas. Good season YS, Manila returns 8 starters in baseball from state quarterfinals team.
This is how you handle talking on a message board with a little class.  I look forward to seeing you guys at regionals in baseball.  Sounds like you will be salty again as usual. Yellville will have our best baseball team in probably 4 years this year.  Hope we don't get a terrible draw like we did in basketball and have to face someone like you guys in the first round.

And some of you fans need to learn some basketball.  While Osceola does run a "run and jump" press, similar to what Nolan ran back in the 90s, that is not what caused the turnovers.  We got into the half court and turned it over there like gangbusters, because of quick hands, and us not being quick enough to get by your guys because you are the quickest athletic team we have played this year.  The turnovers were because of your great half court man to man defense, not any sort of organized press.  Valley actually runs a better press, but they are like us and nowhere near quick enough to handle Osceola.  One thing they do better than us though is shoot the three from outside.  If Yellville would've shot better from outside, it might have been more like a 10 point game than a 20.  The only chance Valley has to win going forward in this region is to shoot lights out and run a deliberate half court offense, where they don't drive into double teams and ball slaps like we did all night long.

Good luck to all left.  You might hear from me when we get close to district time in baseball.  Have a good day.

luxora4life

The game was basically over when YS number 24 got injured and number 35 pick up his 2nd fouls. I thought they handle Osceola pressure well before those two things happen.  They did the two thing a team need to do against a team that pressure you with traps.  They made shots and when they did turn it over, it didn't lead to lay ups.  When those two things stopped (with 24 and 35 off the floor) things got out of hand.

YSpanther

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 23, 2018, 10:12:41 am
I'm just going off what one guy said, he say Osceola didn't have a chance. And yeah I can dish and receive
That guy was an obvious troll, probably a high school student messing with you.  Most of us with any intelligence found any comment like that laughable.  With ending up with the 3 seed out of our district that I won't discuss any more in here, to Osceola finding a way to lose by one point to Manila to drop to the 2 seed, it seems like the universe conspired to give us a good what for this year.  But that is life.

ozarkmtnsman

Judging by the replies and views, there sure is alot of passion and interest in Region 3. I will go out on this: Watching the 3A-3 the last 4 years at regionals, the thing that impresses me the most is the depth that these teams have. Osceola had 9-10 guys that they rotated in and out without missing a beat. I believe 13 different players scored. Same deal with Riverside last year.I guess it speaks volumes about these schools basketball programs.   Yellville has the numbers, but didn't really have a guy to go in take the place of our injured point guard. When the other 3 starters got into foul trouble (especially our big post guy), Yellville had kids to put in, but not quite ready for that level. Probably having a school enrollment about half of some of these schools doesn't help matter. So 2A here we come!

RedWolf275

Today I like

Riverside girls by 12
Manila by 12
Mt View girls by 14
Osceola by 15

501Arkansas

Quote from: YSpanther on February 23, 2018, 12:19:05 pm
That guy was an obvious troll, probably a high school student messing with you.  Most of us with any intelligence found any comment like that laughable.  With ending up with the 3 seed out of our district that I won't discuss any more in here, to Osceola finding a way to lose by one point to Manila to drop to the 2 seed, it seems like the universe conspired to give us a good what for this year.  But that is life.
Right smh

RedWolf275

Melbourne up 18-9 after 1 girls

RedWolf275

Girls Melbourne yo 28-23 half

RedWolf275

RedWolf275

February 23, 2018, 05:17:16 pm #194 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:26:02 pm by RedWolf275
Lady Rebels win it 44-36
Riverside dug themselves out of a 14 point hole in the 2nd quarter to move to the Finals.

biglion1985

RedWolf275

Rivercreast up 21-18 over Manila at half

biglion1985

RedWolf275

Rivercrest wins it 63-58. Vary nice win for the Colts!

501Arkansas

Good game Colts and Lions. Now let's get this W noles

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas