• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's True... Coach Woods to Conway

Started by ARDA2, November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ARDA2

Quote from: hoops22 on November 24, 2008, 09:08:06 am
What everyone needs to realize is the person or superintendant that is going to be the one that hires the next coach is DR. Murray who came from Springdale High School. He has a passion for football and for winning. He knows the success of the 7A west very well and knows those coaches very well. His first coach that he will go after is Chris Wood from Har-Ber. YOu can all say what you want, but Dr. Murray and Chris have a great relationship and Chris has been very successful every where he has been. He is a winner and Dr5. Murray likes that. Don't be surprised if that is who he goes after. In my opinion, Conway is one of the best coaching jobs in the state.

hoops22 apparently was right on the money.  Several sources around the state are confirming Woods plans to announce this Saturday regardless of the outcome of the Har-Ber@Southside game.  One of the coaches on Har-Ber has been leaking some of the info. 

Anyway, very interesting backdrop to the upcoming semi-final.

7AFBFAN

This is good news for the game Friday night, more distraction for them.

Billyo62

Is he going to drag his big time coaching staff with him?

If so 479BoyZ will have a COW!

Smithian

I doubt he leaves, but if he does... Hahahahahaha....

Play this up! Cause a distraction for their players!

ARDA2

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 26, 2008, 09:43:17 am

I don't know all the details, but I am sure Woods will not bring the coach who has been leaking.

Billyo62

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 09:47:44 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on November 26, 2008, 09:43:17 am

I don't know all the details, but I am sure Woods will not bring the coach who has been leaking.

LOL- I meant everybody but him!  ;D

Baitshop

Actually, Earl PMed me with some info in regards to this on Monday night.......I don't want to misquote him so, hopefully, he can jump in and, if he chooses, release the info that he was told Monday day.......

If this is true the timing, by both Conway and Woods, is at best, unfortunate......those kids deserve a head coach that is not job hunting in the middle of the playoffs........

Billyo62

Quote from: baitshop on November 26, 2008, 09:53:41 am
Actually, Earl PMed me with some info in regards to this on Monday night.......I don't want to misquote him so, hopefully, he can jump in and, if he chooses, release the info that he was told Monday day.......

If this is true the timing, by both Conway and Woods, is at best, unfortunate......those kids deserve a head coach that is not job hunting in the middle of the playoffs........

I agree , but it might explain the new offense Coach Woods has been practicing all week.

The " Wimpy Wildcat, Jump Ship, Bail Out, Stage Left " Formation.

Baitshop

November 26, 2008, 10:02:13 am #8 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:11:24 am by baitshop
Hopefully Earl will be willing to share some of the info that he is privy to.......this deal could get VERY ugly.........and on several different fronts....... :-\ :-\

Again, if this is true, and you know that I am not a HarBer fan,.......the kids there are going to be the victims of some incredibly poorly timed adult decisions at the absolute worst time.......

If this deal needed to happen....why could it not have waited until HarBers season was over??..??

Conway should have never asked and, certainly, Wood should have never allowed himself to be distracted while his team was still in the playoffs.......his players and the folks who are currently paying his salary deserve more.....

Although, if this is true, it would certainly validate all of the rumors about Wood's arrogance and lack of class.........

ARDA2

Looks like Woods is going to pull a Rich Rodriguez...deny...deny...bolt.  Har-Ber might go after him like West Virginia went after Rodriquez. 

Baitshop

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 10:04:04 am
Looks like Woods is going to pull a Rich Rodriguez...deny...deny...bolt.  Har-Ber might go after him like West Virginia went after Rodriquez. 

Earl can shed some light on your contention.......from extremely credible sources.......

Earl is my Hero!!

Two things yesterday I saw and heard that made me think it was true:

1) The AAA office was all a buzz about something. I was down there yesterday tending to some officiating business for the upcoming season, and something had stirred up a hornet's nest. I got there and was told our meeting was cancelled due to a rather "urgent" issue. While I was there, I heard three names that rang a bell - Woods, Scoggins, and Rollins. What was strange was they kept saying the "Conway situation".

2) My wife and I ran into an old friend at dinner last night that happens to be very close to the Har-Ber coaching staff. He was visibly stressed, and said he had to get back they had some big meeting. He didn't come out and say what exactly, but said there were big changes on the way. We were kidding him about some new "secret weapon" for the playoffs, and he said "no, this is about coaches".

After that, the pieces kind of fell together in my head. Of course, I came home and posted this last night...

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 25, 2008, 11:10:48 pm
Quote from: Tiger_Dad_14 on November 25, 2008, 08:54:31 pm
Har-Ber Coach leaves for Conway as their new football head coach and makes more money then Bentonville Coach does.

That's not the first time I heard this today. I think this story has some legs to it.

I figured Woods was going, and it sounded to me like the Springdale Administration was not happy with how it was going down!

BB9

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: BB9 on November 26, 2008, 10:24:49 am
Tell Springdale to offer more money. :D

The peso is now the official currency of Springdale.

7AFBFAN

I say show him the door this afternoon.

keepkool101

oh quit it!  Sob, sob....what is going to happen to a program that has only been around for three years?  Something tells me that in the end regardless of where 'He" ends up his pockets will be fatter....

ARDA2

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 26, 2008, 10:29:40 am
Quote from: BB9 on November 26, 2008, 10:24:49 am
Tell Springdale to offer more money. :D

The peso is now the official currency of Springdale.

I don't know if the Springdale admin. are going to offer a perfidious coach more dough.  It will be hard to trust him after this.  I am sure he is already denying it.

Earl is my Hero!!

Personally, I can't blame the man for wanting to make more money, but I have to question the timing. Couldn't they wait two more weeks? Really sucks for the kids.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 10:40:57 am #18 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:00:00 pm by 479BOYZ

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 26, 2008, 10:35:03 am
Personally, I can't blame the man for wanting to make more money, but I have to question the timing. Couldn't they wait two more weeks? Really sucks for the kids.

People that are Arrogant don't realize things like timing and how or when they pull these things behind the scenes will be perceived.

In the corporate world you MUST be a lot Sneakier... evidently he doesn't have those skills.

ARDA2

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 10:40:57 am
IF true i feel sorry for the kids on har-bers team bad timing! Whoever takes over will have a loaded junior class.

479 have you heard anything from the guys on the team?

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 10:48:15 am #21 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:00:18 pm by 479BOYZ

Smithian

Is this not a joke...?

I thought this was a joke at first, but does this have some legs?

Someone who knows something, send me a PM, thanks.

Iknewthemwhen

May be more talk on here than around the school and the kids.  They may be worried about football.   Anyway, if the man does take another job isn't that his business and isn't it first of all about what is in his and his families best interest?   I doubt he had control over when Conway, if Conway, called to ask if he was interested.  He could say, I can't talk about that now, but than is an individual thing and perhaps they didn't want to wait two weeks for him to call back.  Who knows, but I don't see it as that big a deal as long as he is doing his job and getting his team ready for Friday night.

Billyo62

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 26, 2008, 10:56:14 am
May be more talk on here than around the school and the kids.  They may be worried about football.   Anyway, if the man does take another job isn't that his business and isn't it first of all about what is in his and his families best interest?   I doubt he had control over when Conway, if Conway, called to ask if he was interested.  He could say, I can't talk about that now, but than is an individual thing and perhaps they didn't want to wait two weeks for him to call back.  Who knows, but I don't see it as that big a deal as long as he is doing his job and getting his team ready for Friday night.

I don't think it will make any difference on the game Friday at all.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 11:03:00 am #25 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:00:45 pm by 479BOYZ

Iknewthemwhen

Good thing you didn't break the ice, huh?

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 11:06:15 am #27 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:01:02 pm by 479BOYZ

Iknewthemwhen

Did you hear anything about coach Wood, oh, I didn't either that's why I was asking you, to see if you did, because I didn't but I thought maybe, just out of the blue that you did. 

Billyo62

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 11:06:15 am
i didnt say anything to them i just asked if they have heard anything about coach wood. he said no and was like what did you hear i said nothing so hopefully it will stay on the down low.

Why would the Kids know anything at this point if it were true?

Iknewthemwhen

Kids hear stuff sometimes before anyone.  They havelots of ears.

Earl is my Hero!!

Seriously, 479, I give you a hard time, but I thought you were smarter than that!

Calling a High School kid during playoffs and asking him if he's heard anything about his coach?

Man, that should take, oh, 2 minutes to make the rounds. If they are already out for Thanksgiving it may take a little longer.

Iknewthemwhen

IF, it's true, good for Conway but I would be surprised if many Har-Ber coaches left to follow.  I would think they were settled and attached to NWA with their families.  NwA always seems to be where people want to move too, not from.

ARDA2

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 26, 2008, 11:15:16 am
IF, it's true, good for Conway but I would be surprised if many Har-Ber coaches left to follow.  I would think they were settled and attached to NWA with their families.  NwA always seems to be where people want to move too, not from.

I tend to agree.  If this true, some of the coaches would probable want to stay.  But why would one of the coaches be leaking this stuff now?

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 11:19:01 am #34 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:02:14 pm by 479BOYZ

TheReal_Deal24

Billyo if it has already been leaked then it might had got to some parents on the booster club. then they tell their kids its easy but this all might be a rumor im still not ready to say this is true i just don't see him leaving.

Billyo62

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 11:21:18 am
Billyo if it has already been leaked then it might had got to some parents on the booster club. then they tell their kids its easy but this all might be a rumor im still not ready to say this is true i just don't see him leaving.

If it is true it was handled very poorly!

TheReal_Deal24

ARDA2

November 26, 2008, 11:31:13 am #38 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:32:48 am by ARDA2
Does anyone know any reporters in Cabot or Springdale who can confirm or deny this story?  Maybe a few inquiries to certain parties over the next couple of days might resolve this.  If this is true, I have doubts coach Wood will admit to any of until after the Friday night game.  But maybe one of the assistant coaches can say something off the record.

Billyo62

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 11:31:13 am
Does anyone know any reporters in Cabot or Springdale who can confirm or deny this story?  Maybe a few inquiries to certain parties over the next couple of days might resolve this.  If this is true, I have doubts coach Wood will admit to any of until after the Friday night game.  But maybe one of the assistant coaches can say something off the record.

My guess if it's true, the way it has leaked out , we probably won't get an official announcement until after the season Now.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 11:38:25 am #40 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:02:36 pm by 479BOYZ

keepkool101

sigh...there are times that playing in the 7A is like playing SEC football.  This just feels like college...know what I mean?
And, for the record I am no fan of Har-Bers, mostly because of the way some of their coaches act but for the kids I am sorry.  All of this is poor timing and you have to wonder if it is even true.  WHY would this not wait until  the playoffs are over in 8 days???????

Billyo62

Quote from: keepkool101 on November 26, 2008, 11:39:58 am
sigh...there are times that playing in the 7A is like playing SEC football.  This just feels like college...know what I mean?
And, for the record I am no fan of Har-Bers, mostly because of the way some of their coaches act but for the kids I am sorry.  All of this is poor timing and you have to wonder if it is even true.  WHY would this not wait until  the playoffs are over in 8 days???????

EXACTLY! my thoughts on this!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 11:31:13 am

I don't think it's too hard to figure out who my contact on the coaching staff is, so I'm not going to say anymore. I've probably already said too much.  :-X

7AFBFAN

Baitshop, you have new material for Friday night, you might consider mentioning Conway something during the game. Instead of the wildcats maybe refer to them as the wampus cats. If you could time it just right we may be able to start our celebration early.

stattracker

Wow. A West coach going to a Central team? Say it aint so, Joe.

Seriously though, if he thinks it's best for him that's great.

479, that has got to be the dumbest thing I have seen or heard done in quite some time.

Earl, I think it would fly a lot quicker if they are out of school (they can actually get on their phones out of school)

TheReal_Deal24

Smithian

I need phone numbers so I can perpetuate this rumor among the Har-Ber football team and tell them that Chris Wood doesn't love them.

However I can help for Friday, haha.

Earl is my Hero!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas