• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Christian Music Fans.

Started by Blue Collar, February 22, 2008, 10:43:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Collar

Anyone has a favorite band or artist in the genre?

WBF †

HorseFeathers

Relient K....Some of their stuff is christian, some of it isn't....but either way I still like em...

The Reality is back...

Audio Adrenaline's "Underdog" cd os always in rotation. Best christian cd I've ever heard.

AllSmiles

I have a lot of favorites. Here's some of them:

Tye Tribbett

Dottie Peoples

Yolanda Adams

Byron Cage

Hezekiah Walker

I have a lot more, but those are some of my favorites.

SandLizard04

February 22, 2008, 03:28:11 pm #5 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:46:24 pm by Ramblin' Man™
Quote from: HF on February 22, 2008, 02:00:03 pm
Relient K....Some of their stuff is christian, some of it isn't....but either way I still like em...

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 22, 2008, 02:31:51 pm
Audio Adrenaline's "Underdog" cd os always in rotation. Best christian cd I've ever heard.

Ditto. My favourite Christian-based band, though, is Caedmon's Call. Their stuff is absolutely incredible (Ballad of San Francisco, Bus Driver, Somewhere North of Here, Table for Two, Where I Began, Love is Different, 40 Acres, the list goes on and on). Even if you're an atheist, their music is as good as anything put out the past 10-15 years.

Other bands with Christian leanings that are awesome - Chevelle, U2, Third Day

Rizzo

ahoycorey

The Wedding,Relient K,FM Static,Thousand Foot Krutch,Hawk Nelson,Showbread,The Classic Crime,Spoken,Dead Poetic,Anberlin,Toby Mac,Nevertheless,A Starlit Platoon,Kids in the Way,The Afters,Demon Hunter,Disciple,Falling Up,Everyday Sunday,Emery,Run Kid Run,Norma Jean just to name a few...

Father Guido

Casting Crowns, DecembeRadio, Reliant K, Kutless, and of course Jackson Waters.

WBF †

Quote from: ahoycorey on February 23, 2008, 01:05:38 am
The Wedding,Relient K,FM Static,Thousand Foot Krutch,Hawk Nelson,Showbread,The Classic Crime,Spoken,Dead Poetic,Anberlin,Toby Mac,Nevertheless,A Starlit Platoon,Kids in the Way,The Afters,Demon Hunter,Disciple,Falling Up,Everyday Sunday,Emery,Run Kid Run,Norma Jean just to name a few...
Not a bad list...well, except Toby Mac. LOL

Blue Collar

Christian Rap is just something that doesn't go together i dont think.

WBF †

Quote from: Blue Collar on February 23, 2008, 05:11:03 pm
I love Lecrae. They're Christian rap. They're about the only ones that I'll listen to.

True Believer

February 24, 2008, 10:59:55 am #12 Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:04:28 am by True Believer
Todd Agnew, Point of Grace, Jeremy Camp, Big Daddy Weave, Reliant K, Newsboys, Cademon's Call. Jars of Clay. Michael W. Smith,Mercy Me,  POD,  Switchfoot, Watermark, Thirdday

The Reality is back...

Quote from: True Believer on February 24, 2008, 10:59:55 am
Todd Agnew, Point of Grace, Jeremy Camp, Big Daddy Weave, Reliant K, Newsboys, Cademon's Call. Jars of Clay. Michael W. Smith,Mercy Me,  POD,  Switchfoot, Watermark, Thirdday

Big Daddy Weave are incredible live...amazing bassist.

-Painted Fan-

Jars Of Clay.
I've seen these guys 3 times.
Deep.  Thought provoking.  Lyrical genius ("Worlds Apart" is incredible!).
To me, there's none better.
I also like Audio Adrenaline and Third Day.
But Jars will always be #1 in my book.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: WBF † on February 23, 2008, 11:43:32 pm
I love Lecrae. They're Christian rap. They're about the only ones that I'll listen to.

That's the first Christian rap artist that I've really liked.

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on February 22, 2008, 03:28:11 pm

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 22, 2008, 02:31:51 pm

Ditto. My favourite Christian-based band, though, is Caedmon's Call. Their stuff is absolutely incredible (Ballad of San Francisco, Bus Driver, Somewhere North of Here, Table for Two, Where I Began, Love is Different, 40 Acres, the list goes on and on). Even if you're an atheist, their music is as good as anything put out the past 10-15 years.

You are definitely speaking my mind.  I love Caedmon's Call.  They are pretty much broken up, but their stuff was really, really good.  Third Day has been my favorite band for years.  I've seen them probably 8 times in concert. 

Todd Agnew is another that I think you'd like Ramblin'.  His stuff is very thought provoking.  And there's pretty much always a Beale Street/Memphis song on there. 

WBF †

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 24, 2008, 10:36:47 pm
Quote from: WBF † on February 23, 2008, 11:43:32 pm

That's the first Christian rap artist that I've really liked.

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on February 22, 2008, 03:28:11 pm

You are definitely speaking my mind.  I love Caedmon's Call.  They are pretty much broken up, but their stuff was really, really good.  Third Day has been my favorite band for years.  I've seen them probably 8 times in concert. 

Todd Agnew is another that I think you'd like Ramblin'.  His stuff is very thought provoking.  And there's pretty much always a Beale Street/Memphis song on there. 
Agnew's song "My Jesus" is one of the best songs ever written in any genre. Check his website out and the t-shirt that he has on. I love it so much that I had to buy one (ehhhh Christmas actually). People ask me all of the time, "What does your shirt mean?"

http://toddagnew.musichristian.com/product.php?PRODUCT=253086

I listened to Lecrae on my way to school this morning!

WBF †

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 24, 2008, 09:52:01 pm
Jars Of Clay.
I've seen these guys 3 times.
Deep.  Thought provoking.  Lyrical genius ("Worlds Apart" is incredible!).
To me, there's none better.
I also like Audio Adrenaline and Third Day.
But Jars will always be #1 in my book.

I love Third Day too.

Can't agree with you on Jars of Clay though. I only like a few of their songs. It's not the lyrics, it's just the style of music. Some of their new songs actually and seriously give me a headache. Their stuff is sort of like Toby Mac's and I don't like either one really.

Chosen 1

Lecrea is the only Christian rap worth listening too...

Skillet, Pillar, and Haste the Day are my favorite rock bands

SouthpawSensation

Phillips, Craig and Dean here, although but there are others near the top of the list for me (MercyMe, Nichole Nordemann included).

LXXIII

I love some that have already been mentioned such as Haste the Day, Spoken, Demon Hunter, Thousand Foot Krutch and Blindside, but some that haven't been mentioned that I like are Toby Mac, Reuben Morgan, and you've got to love Hillsong.  They are the pace setters right now in worship music.

onegearruss

David Crowder, Toby Mac, Relient K, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns.

On a smaller note, The Swift and Pocket Full of Rock. Pocket Full of Rocks lead the camp i worked at last summer, they were awesome.

Ty

Quote from: onegearruss on February 27, 2008, 12:21:36 am

On a smaller note, The Swift and Pocket Full of Rock. Pocket Full of Rocks lead the camp i worked at last summer, they were awesome.
The Swift plays a concert every year at the church I use to attend. I love them.

I'm going to see Mercy Me and Newsong Thursday at the Ford Center in OKC.

onegearruss

Quote from: Tyler3312 on February 27, 2008, 12:40:12 am

The Swift plays a concert every year at the church I use to attend. I love them.

What church ?

Ty

Quote from: onegearruss on February 27, 2008, 01:01:04 am

What church ?
Farmington First Baptist.

onegearruss

Quote from: Tyler3312 on February 27, 2008, 01:34:17 am

What church ?

They were at the camp i work at in 2003 and 2005 i think. I have also seen them in Conway a few times.

Ty

Quote from: onegearruss on February 27, 2008, 10:09:30 am

What church ?

They were at the camp i work at in 2003 and 2005 i think. I have also seen them in Conway a few times.
Supper Summer?

WBF †

I seen Newsong last year at Winter Jam. Not my style of music really, but i love the song they sang. (title is slipping my head, but I'll have it later)

Chosen 1

I saw them at Extreme Winter conference in branson along with SKILLET, Sanctus Real, and Bethony Dillon... they played all Christmas stuff though

onegearruss

Quote from: Tyler3312 on February 27, 2008, 10:29:38 am

What church ?

Supper Summer?

Yes. Were you there ?

Ty

Quote from: onegearruss on February 28, 2008, 01:12:44 am
Quote from: Tyler3312 on February 27, 2008, 10:29:38 am

What church ?

Supper Summer?

Yes. Were you there ?
Yeah.

Remember Ron and Don?

the game

March 04, 2008, 06:19:00 pm #31 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:58:09 pm by the game
Quote from: Blue Collar on February 22, 2008, 10:43:47 am
Not for young children or the weak of heart but for me Mortal Treason

FootballGuy43

bleudog

March 31, 2008, 09:11:53 am #33 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:35:09 am by bleudog
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra:  http://www.denvermho.com/index.php

Salvador:  http://www.salvadorlive.com/

Yeah, I like horn bands.

If any of you get a chance, listen to The Five Blind Boys of Alabama's version of Amazing Grace.  Words are what you'd expect, but they sing the song to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.  Really sounds good.

WBF †

Father Guido

March 31, 2008, 02:45:50 pm #35 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:46:59 am by Father Guido
I love the Blind Boys from Alabama.

My son in law's band, Jackson Waters, toured with Building 429 for a few months last fall.  Keep an ear out for JW, hopefully they will be moving up the list.  They are currently putting together songs for a second CD.

Has anybody else heard the new DecembeRadio song or CD?  I heard the single this afternoon.  Was pretty good.

FootballGuy43

Quote from: WBF † on March 31, 2008, 10:44:55 am
Quote from: BigBen7 on March 31, 2008, 08:38:51 am
Building 429 & Pillar
I love B429.

They had a show at WBC (the college I attend) not too long ago. It was back in early or mid March. Right when the blizzard hit us lol.

trenchwarefare_07

April 12, 2008, 11:19:21 pm #37 Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:51:10 pm by trenchwarefare_07
Emery, The Wedding, Anberlin, Wavorly, Mute Math, As Cities Burn, Edison Glass, Deas Vail (From Russellville), Jonezetta, Flyleaf, The Myriad, Red, Skillet, The Rocket Summer, and Dizmas are a couple of Christian Rock bands I love.

Great Worship bands/artists would have to be Hillsong United, NewSong, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, and Jeremy Camp. Another good but lesser known worship band is "The Glorious Unseen".

onegearruss

Quote from: trenchwarefare_07 on April 12, 2008, 11:19:21 pm
Emery, The Wedding, Anberlin, Wavorly, Mute Math, As Cities Burn, Edison Glass, Deas Vail (From Russellville), Jonezetta, Flyleaf, The Myriad, Red, Skillet, The Rocket Summer, and Dizmas are a couple of Christian Rock bands I love.

What a great list. Most of which i have seen.

Hurricane

I do like one christian song, its called "Shout to the Lord".

trenchwarefare_07

Quote from: onegearruss on April 13, 2008, 12:42:08 am

What a great list. Most of which i have seen.

Yeah, they are all great. I still have to see Mute Math and Jonezetta live. Then I think my life will be complete.

ahoycorey

Great Worship bands/artists would have to be Hillsong United, NewSong, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, and Jeremy Camp. Another good but lesser known worship band is "The Glorious Unseen".
Deas Vail was one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was just so beautiful. The Wedding(from Fayetteville) is amazing as well. It's so great to see to see amazing Christian bands coming from the same area code as me.

jbell96

April 14, 2008, 05:46:23 pm #42 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:48:03 pm by jbell96
I'd have to say Third Day, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Todd Agnew, Mercy Me, & David Crowder band are among my favorites. EDIT: How did I forget Stryper?  :D

I got third row tickets to see Newsboys this Thursday night for my wife's birthday. I've never seen them live, but I have heard good things about their shows.

FootballGuy43

Ok if I had to pick like a top 10 in Christian music, this is how it would go:

1) Falling Up
2) Building 429
3) Pillar
4) Audio Adrenaline
5) Sonicflood
6) Mercyme
7) Skillet
8) Demon Hunter
9) Toby Mac
10) Decyfer Down

trenchwarefare_07

Quote from: ahoycorey on April 14, 2008, 04:13:00 pm

Deas Vail was one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was just so beautiful. The Wedding(from Fayetteville) is amazing as well. It's so great to see to see amazing Christian bands coming from the same area code as me.

Yeah, I forgot The Wedding was from Fayetteville. They are great. There are actually a few great Christian bands that are from Arkansas (or they have one or two of their members from Arkansas).

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chosen 1 on February 27, 2008, 05:51:28 pm
I saw them at Extreme Winter conference in branson along with SKILLET, Sanctus Real, and Bethony Dillon... they played all Christmas stuff though

It was actually Britt Nicole at Extreme in Branson.

Father Guido

Quote from: trenchwarefare_07 on April 15, 2008, 04:05:05 pm

Yeah, I forgot The Wedding was from Fayetteville. They are great. There are actually a few great Christian bands that are from Arkansas (or they have one or two of their members from Arkansas).

Jackson Waters was started while 3 of the guys were students at JBU.  One is actually from Monticello.  Another is married to a girl from Siloam Springs. 

mhs85grad

Some good ones are Anberlin, TFK, Project 86, The Almost, Dead Poetic, Flyleaf and Switchfoot.

ahoycorey

Quote from: mhs85grad on May 02, 2008, 08:32:26 am

Some good ones are Anberlin, TFK, Project 86, The Almost, Dead Poetic, Flyleaf and Switchfoot.
That's a pretty good list. I'm not a huge fan of Project 86 or Switchfoot,but I absolutely LOVE Dead Poetic,Thousand Foot Krutch,and Anberlin.

FootballGuy43

I don't think anybody has mentioned KINGSdown...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas