• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle/Elkins

Started by lizard1989, October 21, 2018, 11:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lizard1989

I am really looking forward to this matchup!

Lizard47

Me too, I have been curious about Elkins all season
They have put up some crazy points at times. Had that one slip at Mena but they were missing key personnel. Apparently they are back on track as they scored at will on Pottsville last week. I want to see how the Lizards defense fares against their offense.

Gray lizard

Checked the score board and apparently Elkins scored another 3 TD's after the game.  They are still finding the end zone.
I think Dardanelle will match up much better and hold their scoring down. Is Dardanelle going to be healthy in the back field?
If so I feel they will win by at least 2 TDs.

Lizard47

We rested our starter against Subiaco, he should be good to go. We also saw the return of our senior playmaker who was injured in week 3. Others have seen action and been honing their skills. We have more usable depth now than anytime thus far I guess. It's senior night in Dardy and I expect the Lizards to be hitting on all cylinders.

bilboswaggins

friscokid

There's some stuff going on in Dardanelle that by now is quite public but I don't think it'll be a distraction.

lizard1989

I think this team os focused and ready for Elkins.

Gray lizard

Quote from: friscokid on October 25, 2018, 02:02:04 am
There's some stuff going on in Dardanelle that by now is quite public but I don't think it'll be a distraction.
Not going to affect this team at this point.  If it was going to it would have blown up a few weeks ago. Things seem to be under control.

Lumberjackfan1978

This should be a good game.But I think Dardy wins

Lizard47

It was known before conference play started. There is no reason for it to affect the team or the season. No use in letting it ruin a good thing.

Sigmund Sauer

I can't imagine why anyone would drop in on a post about Dardy vs Elkins and type that mess. You want drama, go watch the daily soaps. As for Elkins they can be dangerous once they get rolling offensively. Problem is their defense allows any decent offense to keep rolling nonstop. I think offensively, they've shown their hand by now and Dardanelle will win by at least 2 tds.

MillsFan1985

This is gonna be a good game right here, both teams 7-1 (4-1), I think that Dardanelle's defense is too good for Elkins and will stop their powerful offense.

I take Dardanelle 21-13

CatPride

This should be a fun game to watch. I like Dardanelle by a couple of scores.

Lizard47

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 11:07:21 am
This is gonna be a good game right here, both teams 7-1 (4-1), I think that Dardanelle's defense is too good for Elkins and will stop their powerful offense.

I take Dardanelle 21-13

Dude, you straight up picked Elkins by 13 on the GLion memorial. Which is it really?

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 01:30:34 pm
Dude, you straight up picked Elkins by 13 on the GLion memorial. Which is it really?

You're right, I straight up guessed for this game on the Glion Memorial, that was before I looked as some of each teams stats. I will go edit that now since you have such a big problem with it. ;D

Lizard47

Not a problem for me at all, I know who's gonna win this game. I was just curious about the contradiction.

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 02:01:53 pm
Not a problem for me at all, I know who's gonna win this game. I was just curious about the contradiction.

Glad we got it figured out, I don't like getting into arguments on this site because of that type of stuff.

Lizard47

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 02:06:03 pm
Glad we got it figured out, I don't like getting into arguments on this site because of that type of stuff.

Must have been my OCD kicking in. I had just been on the pickem and then came over here and remembered your username and thought what's going on here? This game has the potential, as others have said, to be a fun game to watch. It will answer some questions about how good Dardy's defense really is as well as how good Elkin's offense really is.

Lizard47

Dardy averages 36 ppg scored and just under 12.4 ppg allowed.
Elkins averages just under 51 ppg scored and 22.8 or so allowed.
Elkins gave up 49 and 41 to Mena and Pottsville respectively.
Dardy gave up 27 and 21 to Charleston and Ozark respectively.
Something will have to give or balance out tomorrow night and I'm thinking that process is going to be very entertaining.

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 02:46:15 pm
Dardy averages 36 ppg scored and just under 12.4 ppg allowed.
Elkins averages just under 51 ppg scored and 22.8 or so allowed.
Elkins gave up 49 and 41 to Mena and Pottsville respectively.
Dardy gave up 27 and 21 to Charleston and Ozark respectively.
Something will have to give or balance out tomorrow night and I'm thinking that process is going to be very entertaining.

Yeah that's what I was looking at on MaxPreps, the point differential is very close to each other so I expect to see a good game Friday.

Lizard47

Will you be watching the game?

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 02:52:10 pm

I won't be attending as I'll be at the Mills vs Southside game but I will definitely be keeping up with it.

HeberFan

Gray lizard

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 02:52:10 pm
I will watch it on the world wide web.  Just hope those guys stop talking about that guy and his pony you know the chicken whisper and talk about the game a little more.

HeberFan

I will watch the Elks get de-horned.

Lizard47

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 25, 2018, 03:46:36 pm
I will watch it on the world wide web.  Just hope those guys stop talking about that guy and his pony you know the chicken whisper and talk about the game a little more.

Oh they're not gonna stop talking about that, lol, it's totally a homer broadcast.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 25, 2018, 04:19:41 pm
Oh they're not gonna stop talking about that, lol, it's totally a homer broadcast.

Who does the livestream broadcast?

Lizard47

Couple of great guys. The middle school principle, and the father of our former all state lineman #63 who now plays for UCA. A lot of us get a kick out of their particular style, lol. I can see where non locals would not appreciate it but it's our broadcast by our guys. They really are two great individuals and they freely give their time and effort to provide us a live stream even though their sons have graduated in previous years. It's the kind of support that makes the Lizard Nation great.

Gray lizard

You are correct about Russell and I don't know the other guy.  Funny I have watched a couple games and they never state who they are.  So I may know the other guy.  Glad they put it on so others can enjoy.

HeberFan

Hope the cow elks enjoyed running up the score last week. Tonight they'll not fare so well.

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 26, 2018, 07:57:35 am
You are correct about Russell and I don't know the other guy.  Funny I have watched a couple games and they never state who they are.  So I may know the other guy.  Glad they put it on so others can enjoy.
I absolutely love the Lizard broadcasts.  When I can't make a game, I always watch and Russell is a great and Godly man.  I respect him totally and love listening to him.  It is just like talking to him in person.

Sigmund Sauer

October 26, 2018, 10:07:31 pm #31 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:14:29 pm by Sigmund Sauer
I may be going out on a gray limb here, but after watching a bit of the live stream myself, it feels as though I'm in the presence of a celebrity in this forum.......Oddly enough, it only took about 5 references for it to finally sink in.  I'm going to be honest, I was most impressed by Elkin's pass protection early. Great job by an undersized offensive line that seemed to play with more heart than skill. It also seemed as though Dardy was being held on many plays. If it's obvious on a pixelated live stream, it probably should have been called. It's rare to see so many plays where the QB runs around for an eternity so often with almost no holding calls. Good times, on to next week..........

Lizard47

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 26, 2018, 10:07:31 pm
I may be going out on a gray limb here, but after watching a bit of the live stream myself, it feels as though I'm in the presence of a celebrity in this forum.......Oddly enough, it only took about 5 references for it to finally sink in.  I'm going to be honest, I was most impressed by Elkin's pass protection early. Great job by an undersized offensive line that seemed to play with more heart than skill. It also seemed as though Dardy was being held on many plays. If it's obvious on a pixelated live stream, it probably should have been called. It's rare to see so many plays where the QB runs around for an eternity so often with almost no holding calls. Good times, on to next week..........

I agree, their o-line did play their butts off, and they did in fact hold while doing it. However, inspite of whether it was all legal, it was still the best pass protection I've seen this season. The word vigorous comes to mind, and they seemed to be well conditioned as they kept it up all game long. Hats off to Elkins, that was a heck of a game. A bargain at only five bucks. Elkins just arrived in this conference up from 3A and they are some of the best competition in it.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 26, 2018, 10:36:17 pm
I agree, their o-line did play their butts off, and they did in fact hold while doing it. However, inspite of whether it was all legal, it was still the best pass protection I've seen this season. The word vigorous comes to mind, and they seemed to be well conditioned as they kept it up all game long. Hats off to Elkins, that was a heck of a game. A bargain at only five bucks. Elkins just arrived in this conference up from 3A and they are some of the best competition in it.
"it was still the best pass protection I've seen this season." Agreed....

Gray lizard

October 27, 2018, 07:04:15 am #34 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:59:25 am by Gray lizard
Well I  know to keep silent about broadcast team or you just might get called out. If they would have looked just to the right of those Walmart lights they could have spotted the old Graylizard on the radio tower.  With a good pair of glasses you can watch both Dardanelle and Pottsville game.

Full-get-it

Are Dardy and Pottsville actually that close?

athletic supporter

About 7 miles between stadiums

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas