• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma @ Greenbrier

Started by Airedale90, October 21, 2018, 04:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Airedale90

Going to be a good game this week? Alma trying to stay in the 2 spot in the west for at least 1 home playoff game.  I feel it could be a tough game on the road for the Airedales.  Alma will have to make some adjustments on offense for sure.  I think the defense will be ok if they don't have to stay on the field all night like last Friday.  Looks like good weather for Friday time will tell who wants it. 

AT

Honestly don't know what to expect. Greenbrier has been inconsistent. Basically our game for the 2 seed. Everyone in the conference is probably rooting for Greenbrier here.

Dales need to bounce back and make a statement.

incogneto

Airedale90

Well I hope Alma wins but it's hard to say.  If Alma gets back to running the ball and giving the defense some rest I feel Alma will win.  The rest of the conference will be hoping Alma loses.  If Alma plays their running QB I think he has potential for the big plays.  It will be a good game for sure I'll say Alma 28 - 21.

Airedale90

I've talked with several people and we are all trying to figure out why they don't play the QB who is a great athlete.  The times he's in there good things happen he just doesn't get that many reps. Makes no sense.  If they are going to do anything something different is going to need to happen.

the voice

I don't think everyone hopes Alma loses. It really doesn't matter does it ? Alma wins head to with Morrilton, I don't see Alma losing this one anyway. Hard part behind you guys

AT

Quote from: the voice on October 21, 2018, 09:38:46 pm
I don't think everyone hopes Alma loses. It really doesn't matter does it ? Alma wins head to with Morrilton, I don't see Alma losing this one anyway. Hard part behind you guys

Nope you could get 2 seed in a 3 way tiebreaker if we lose to Greenbrier

Airedale90

Ok that's good I didn't look at all the possibilities on who can still make the playoffs.
I think Alma wins but we have to show up and take care of business.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 21, 2018, 05:01:16 pm
Honestly don't know what to expect. Greenbrier has been inconsistent. Basically our game for the 2 seed. Everyone in the conference is probably rooting for Greenbrier here.

Go Dales! Smash them bluecats!! Grill  ;D

Dales need to bounce back and make a statement.

pantherblue

DevilDog59

Quote from: the voice on October 21, 2018, 09:38:46 pm

As proven last year... tie breaker scenarios in high school football are very strange. I'm not sure how much it would matter if they lose, but I'm definitely not rooting against it.

Go Postal

South 45

Glad I tuned in for this one...going to be a fun 5 minutes.

Go Postal

This is a nail biter and the feed just went out with 32 seconds left.

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on October 26, 2018, 09:26:28 pm
This is a nail biter and the feed just went out with 32 seconds left.
I'm beside myself over here!!!

Go Postal

Dales with 1 sec left going to try FG to tie it up

Go Postal

It's blocked!  'Briar wins! :o

woopork

pantherblue

How bout those blue cats!!!

The Future

Thankful I found the Greenbrier stream in time. Alma's went down right around the 30 second mark and never came back up.
What a game!
Looks like a bit of football karma for Alma. They blocked Morriltons kick to win the game earlier this season and tonight they ended up on the other side

Go Postal

So if Motown wins next week, do they get 2nd seed because of their win over 'briar?

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on October 26, 2018, 09:34:04 pm
It's blocked!  'Briar wins! :o
Thanks Postal...I needed some closure on that one.

DevilDog59

So, three way tie for second in the West... who gets the two spot?

PercussionMan

October 26, 2018, 10:03:21 pm #23 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:08:58 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: DevilDog59 on October 26, 2018, 09:43:35 pm

I'm going to attempt to give my assessment.

PercussionMan

October 26, 2018, 10:07:45 pm #24 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:16:27 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: DevilDog59 on October 26, 2018, 09:43:35 pm

Hard to say....depends on next week, and I think it all depends on tie breaker points:

Right now, Morrilton has 46 tie breaker points with the win tonight....Greenbrier has 42 points with the win tonight....Alma has 34 points with the loss tonight.  Morrilton "should" beat Clarksville by 13+....Alma "should" beat Huntsville by 13+....Greenbrier vs Vilonia may be a toss up. 

I think Morrilton would have 2nd seed in that case (59 points and head-to-head win over Greenbrier).  Alma and Greenbrier would depend on whether or not Greenbrier beats Vilonia and by how many.  If Greenbrier wins by 6 or more, they would be 3rd seed (48-55 points), and Alma would be 4th seed (47 points).  If Greenbrier loses, it would only be a 2-way tie, and Alma holds the head-to-head over Morrilton, making Alma the 2nd seed and Morrilton the 3rd seed.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.   ;D

the voice

October 26, 2018, 10:45:58 pm #25 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:38:05 am by the voice
wow 😮 !
Did not see this happening!

pantherblue

Well I'm shocked at you Voice lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas