• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is #1?

Started by IdaLions, October 21, 2018, 11:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

After a stunning loss to Mineral Springs, there is a question to be asked. Is Foreman still the clear #1? Are they overrated because they lost the Hornets? If they return a healthy Boyd and Batey, are they still the best? Or, is Junction City and Hazen past them now. Is Mount Ida still a top 5 team? Is Earle still a top contender for state? Is everyone over looking teams from the 4-2A and the 3-2A? Just wondering what everyone is thinking going into week 9 of regular season.

who-knew

Don't think the Top 5 teams will change but should see them in a different order.

Hgalum50

Honestly think Hazen should be in that top spot as of rn.

Hawgpilot

M.I. D

It's a toss up. I'd say a healthy foreman that played Mount Ida but if not healthy idk. Honestly there are 4-6 teams that are contenders. They remember December!!!

IdaLions

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 21, 2018, 11:53:13 am
JC

After that JC/Fordyce game the other night, I would say Fordyce is a Top 5 team, if I had a top 5, it would be

1.) Junction City
2.) Hazen
3.) Foreman
4.) Fordyce
5.) Mount Ida

Putting Foreman at #3 because I don't know the full extent of their injuries. As of right now, I see these 5 as the best, with teams like Earle, Hampton, Conway Christian, and even Mountainburg pushing for the #5 spot.

godgiven999

Gurdon is 1st in the 7 as of now so they must be the best  ;D

Redzone

I'd have to give Hazen the #1 spot for now. Considering they're undefeated. #2 could be Foreman or JC.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: IdaLions on October 21, 2018, 12:13:11 pm
After that JC/Fordyce game the other night, I would say Fordyce is a Top 5 team, if I had a top 5, it would be

1.) Junction City
2.) Hazen
3.) Foreman
4.) Fordyce
5.) Mount Ida

Putting Foreman at #3 because I don't know the full extent of their injuries. As of right now, I see these 5 as the best, with teams like Earle, Hampton, Conway Christian, and even Mountainburg pushing for the #5 spot.

Hard to argue against that top 5.  I still believe Fordyce challenges for the title this year.

Old Scrapper

I'd only argue if Hazen wasn't in the top 5, 1 thru 5 doesn't matter which. You can make a good case for all to be #1

birddawg1986

If Mt Ida has home field in that swamp hole they will make a final 4 appearance

Hasbeen92

Fordyce goes to Hampton and Ida goes to Gurdon that will clear up who's 4&5

stuck in between

Quote from: IdaLions on October 21, 2018, 12:13:11 pm

1.) Junction City
2.) Hazen
3.) Foreman
4.) Fordyce
5.) Mount Ida

This is a very fair list. I can't speak for the other teams, but for Foreman to make a legitimate run at a repeat it will be crucial for Carver and Boyd to get healthy. Yes, Batey is the man, but he is going to have to have some help.

IdaLions

Quote from: Redzone on October 21, 2018, 04:19:13 pm
I'd have to give Hazen the #1 spot for now. Considering they're undefeated. #2 could be Foreman or JC.

Yeah I could see that, It's just hard to go against Junction, always a power house.

Coach Jones

hornetfanx7

Arkansas Democrat has Hazen as #1.

HG Hornet

Hazen was darn impressive when they came to play us last November in round 3 of the playoffs.  They were very scrappy, but young from what I was told.  A good scrappy team of sophomores wasn't going to come beat our senior heavy team at home last year.  We pulled away in the second half, but Hazen's talent was definitely there!  Hazen will be tough to beat this year. 

Hasbeen92

Quote from: IdaLions on October 22, 2018, 09:49:50 am
Yeah I could see that, It's just hard to go against Junction, always a power house.
Coach Carpenter isn't at junction anymore not saying anything bad about their coach now but Carpenter built their program he was an elite 2A coach

cuz

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 22, 2018, 08:48:00 pm
Coach Carpenter isn't at junction anymore not saying anything bad about their coach now but Carpenter built their program he was an elite 2A coach
Coach C may not be there but Coach Jones is on the right track. JC has been down with minutes left in the game and they didn't give up or get fustrated they kept their composure and won. They still got tradition and heart. They get better every game. Big shoes to feel but surely getting there....

Hasbeen92

Quote from: cuz on October 22, 2018, 09:27:57 pm
Coach C may not be there but Coach Jones is on the right track. JC has been down with minutes left in the game and they didn't give up or get fustrated they kept their composure and won. They still got tradition and heart. They get better every game. Big shoes to feel but surely getting there....
I was just saying they are not the same UN beatable junction team of past I think Jones is good coach but not on Carpenter's level now Carpenter's dad was a heck of a coach so there wasn't much he hadn't seen I never understood why he didn't good to bigger program he must have really liked it there

cuz

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 22, 2018, 09:35:23 pm
I was just saying they are not the same UN beatable junction team of past I think Jones is good coach but not on Carpenter's level now Carpenter's dad was a heck of a coach so there wasn't much he hadn't seen I never understood why he didn't good to bigger program he must have really liked it there
He for sure had the opportunity. I think he liked his job, the town and the people. Hard to leave when your happy, successful and respected by your peers.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: cuz on October 22, 2018, 10:02:32 pm
He for sure had the opportunity. I think he liked his job, the town and the people. Hard to leave when your happy, successful and respected by your peers.
Only one other reason to leave-money not always important to everyone but most

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas