• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Lamar

Started by CatPride, October 19, 2018, 09:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

Lamar makes a statement this Friday. Lamar takes down the mighty cats by 2.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on October 21, 2018, 02:16:53 pm

I like the way you think, but I'll wait a while to start holding my breath.

CatPride

Quote from: xadboy on October 21, 2018, 02:16:53 pm
That a boy!! Way to stay positive and dream big!! I like it.

xadboy

Quote from: CatPride on October 21, 2018, 03:35:44 pm
That a boy!! Way to stay positive and dream big!! I like it.
Better to be a positive dreamer than a negative Nancy!

Warriors023

October 21, 2018, 08:25:10 pm #54 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:35:27 pm by Warriors023
The warriors definitely have a chance. This will be the toughest defense Booneville has faced to this point. Lamar won on the longest road trip of the year, in the rain. The game wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed looking at the stats. I think Lamar makes a statement. Pottsville averaged 6.3 YPC with 36 carries to Boonevilles 4.2 YPC with 53 carries. I'll take Lamar's ability to stop the run .

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 21, 2018, 08:25:10 pm
The warriors definitely have a chance. This will be the toughest defense Booneville has faced to this point. Lamar won on the longest road trip of the year, in the rain. The game wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed looking at the stats. I think Lamar makes a statement. Pottsville averaged 6.3 YPC with 36 carries to Boonevilles 4.2 YPC with 53 carries. I'll take Lamar's ability to stop the run .

How do those two stats indicate Lamar should stop Booneville's run game?

Bearcatdad

LOL.  Someone needs to drug test you. 

Proud Buckaroo

Terrible comparison. 

panther07

No sir.

xadboy

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 20, 2018, 04:13:45 pm
Here's a fun little tidbit for those who like looking at the numbers.

Booneville and Lamar have played 4 common opponents so far this season and here are the final point spreads for each game.
Paris: Lamar won by 27, Booneville by 48
West Fork: Lamar by 35; Booneville by 30
Greenland: Lamar by 6; Booneville by 28
Mansfield: Lamar by 8; Booneville by 49

On average, Booneville has beat the same opponent by almost 20 more points than Lamar did. West Fork is the only opponent Lamar beat by more points than Booneville.

I wish this week's matchup was in week 10, so we could have more games to compare.
Lamar and Booneville dominated both Paris and West Fork. Lamar dominated the first half, Booneville the second half against Greenland. Lamar played Mansfield in the rain and slop. It's not easy to compare that game by score alone, without seeing both games. This game is going to come down to the defense. Can Lamar stop Booneville? They stopped everyone else other than 1 half against Greenland.

Can't hardly wait til Friday!

Proud Buckaroo

Booneville isn't Greenland, West Fork, Paris, Mansfield or Danville.

Score comparisons get you no where. I'm sorry to my friends in Lamar. But Booneville wins by 21.

Warriors023

Buckaroo, have you watched Booneville on film??

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 22, 2018, 02:38:08 am
Buckaroo, have you watched Booneville on film??

No, he's looking at the numbers.

Booneville's water girl can carry an average of 5.75 water bottles compared to Pottsville's water girl, who can only carry 3.25. Which means the Denver Broncos stink this year, therefore, Booneville wins by 21.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2018, 11:42:59 pm
Booneville wins by 21.

Just looking at it dispassionately, if Booneville wins by less than 21, Bearcat fans ought to be upset with the team.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lets just hope Jones isn't able to pull the ole referee crew of the past out of retirement for this game.  What was the white hats last name...Foster? Worst officiating crew in the world!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 22, 2018, 10:31:00 am
Lets just hope Jones isn't able to pull the ole referee crew of the past out of retirement for this game.  What was the white hats last name...Foster? Worst officiating crew in the world!!

Amen!! Laziest white hat I've ever seen. Seems like every time there was a play of 10+ yards, he'd throw a flag and call it back, just so he wouldn't have to walk that far.

xadboy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 22, 2018, 10:31:00 am
Must be worried if you are coming up with excuses before the game is even played.

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2018, 11:42:59 pm
Booneville isn't Greenland, West Fork, Paris, Mansfield or Danville.

Score comparisons get you no where. I'm sorry to my friends in Lamar. But Booneville wins by 21.
PB I'm sorry but Booneville won't cover that. The Lamar D is to good.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 12:05:38 pm
Must be worried if you are coming up with excuses before the game is even played.

Very worried!! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 12:07:43 pm
PB I'm sorry but Booneville won't cover that. The Lamar D is to good.

How certain are you? We have only ran 3 plays so far.  Will we pull out the 4th?

RattleCat

Ok here is what's going to happen Booneville will line up and run the ball just like they did when Jones played at Booneville and if you can stop it it's going to be a good game and if not mecy mecy mecy!!!You know the plays all you got to do is stop them and hope you have better luck doing that than the first eight have.

MICHAELSPAPPY

PB I'm sorry but Booneville won't cover that. The Lamar D is too good.

Lamar defense has indeed been good, but we will have to step it up a notch this week. And we can't have any mental lapses. And we can't take any quarters off. And we will need a few breaks.

xadboy

Quote from: RattleCat on October 22, 2018, 12:44:10 pm
Ok here is what's going to happen Booneville will line up and run the ball just like they did when Jones played at Booneville and if you can stop it it's going to be a good game and if not mecy mecy mecy!!!You know the plays all you got to do is stop them and hope you have better luck doing that than the first eight have.
Mecy mecy mecy!!! ???

xadboy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 22, 2018, 12:19:09 pm
How certain are you? We have only ran 3 plays so far.  Will we pull out the 4th?
3 4 better pull out 5 or 6 as well.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 01:15:13 pm
3 4 better pull out 5 or 6 as well.
Confidence is awesome in your team.  Also...a realistic basis for assumptions comes in handy in all sports.  Like "I'm sorry but Booneville won't cover that.  The Lamar D is too good." How did you arrive at that assumption?

TheTruth2010

I actually like the fact that all the boonville folks are blowing this game off like it will be a cake walk. Lamar is 8-0 as well, and this game is for the conference title. You better believe that they will get their best game. Lamar's Defense is stout! Especially against the run! Lamar-27 Boonville-26! Don't worry we will have tissue available at no cost to you as you leave the field!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 01:30:04 pm
I actually like the fact that all the boonville folks are blowing this game off like it will be a cake walk. Lamar is 8-0 as well, and this game is for the conference title. You better believe that they will get their best game. Lamar's Defense is stout! Especially against the run! Lamar-27 Boonville-26! Don't worry we will have tissue available at no cost to you as you leave the field!

Where do you get anyone blowing it off? Load all 11 in the box and lets rock and roll! No tissues needed.  Bearcats don't cry!

Bearcatdad

October 22, 2018, 01:48:51 pm #77 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:52:20 pm by Bearcatdad
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 01:30:04 pm

Danville, Johnson Co Westside and Subi all said you had a stout defense.  Each said it was tough to score on them but they did.  LOL   better keep your crying towels for the home crowd.  Cats are not overlooking lamar nor are they scared!!  Lamar won't score 27 points either!!

TheTruth2010

Lol Subiaco and Westside scored on the second team Defense.., congrats on looking up scores without knowledge of what actually happened in the game. And Danville scored only 12 on us in the first game of the year on the road...

TRH

After having seen both teams play I have little doubt that Booneville will impose their will on Lamar.
Mansfield had opportunities to win against Lamar, but bad play selection and penalties cost them dearly.
I'm not taking anything away from Lamar, as they came to Mansfield ready to play and scored enough to win the game.
Against Booneville Mansfield was out of the game by halftime.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: TRH on October 22, 2018, 02:24:44 pm
After having seen both teams play I have little doubt that Booneville will impose their will on Lamar.
Mansfield had opportunities to win against Lamar, but bad play selection and penalties cost them dearly.
I'm not taking anything away from Lamar, as they came to Mansfield ready to play and scored enough to win the game.
Against Booneville Mansfield was out of the game by halftime.
Comparing scores does nothing really. Lamar Mansfield was a downpour

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 02:56:29 pm

Correct me if im wrong...Doesn't Lamar say a strength is the run?  Seems like somewhere it was stated under 100 yds per game passing?  The rain hurt Mansfield more than it did lamar.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 20, 2018, 10:00:12 am
Lamar has 9 passing tds. Averaging about 86 yards a game passing and about 251 a game on the ground.

Here it is.  So...a physical team should dominate in muddy conditions.  15-7 final with Mansfield correct?

Warriors023

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 22, 2018, 03:26:27 pm
Here it is.  So...a physical team should dominate in muddy conditions.  15-7 final with Mansfield correct?
Correct. That Lamar Mansfield game wasn't as close as the scoreboard shows either. The difference in yardage's and defensive stats was astounding.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 22, 2018, 03:31:28 pm
Correct. That Lamar Mansfield game wasn't as close as the scoreboard shows either. The difference in yardage's and defensive stats was astounding.

I understand that statement to its fullest.  But not when its a 15-7 ball game.  Lamar scores 7 in q 2 and 8 in q 3.  Mansfield scored 7 in q 3. Its not like a big gap was closed up late in the game when it was in hand against first or second team.  If stats were so astounding...whats with the inability to close and score? Don't give me weather....it was the same at bearcat stadium and that's with our many turnovers we never have.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 22, 2018, 03:31:28 pm

I'd love to see these astounding stats!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 07:32:21 am
No, he's looking at the numbers.

Booneville's water girl can carry an average of 5.75 water bottles compared to Pottsville's water girl, who can only carry 3.25. Which means the Denver Broncos stink this year, therefore, Booneville wins by 21.
Has as much validity as some of the other analyses I've seen on this game.

TRH

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 02:56:29 pm

It misted during the game, it wasn't exactly a downpour.
And I wasn't "comparing scores", I was comparing the physicality of the two teams on both sides of the ball.
Good luck to both teams.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 01:58:12 pm
Lol Subiaco and Westside scored on the second team Defense.., congrats on looking up scores without knowledge of what actually happened in the game. And Danville scored only 12 on us in the first game of the year on the road...

And a lot of the points scored on us was against our 2nd and 3rd teams other than Greenland and we just didn't show up till 2nd half and put up 35 points and didn't allow a first down till we sub out our boys.  Say what you want but all you are doing talking trash is fueling these Cats fire and you really don't wan't them to come out and play hacked off or it will be a long night for lamar. 

xadboy

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 03:40:56 pm
I'd love to see these astounding stats!!
Mansfield only had 7 first downs. 2.5 yards average on 22 carries for a total of 55 yards. 181 passing yards (65 of those on the only TD scored) on 11 out of 24 passing attempts. Take the 1 long pass and they have 170 yards for the game.

Lamar had 15 first downs, 255 rushing yards and 30 passing yards. Total yards Lamar 285 Mansfield 236. Not as big a gap as some think. But Lamar had 2 opportunities to score but a fumble and penalty killed those two drives.

Other than the one big play, Lamar's defense was solid. Just like they have been all year. The only team that has been able to score on them was Greenland 27. But Greenland put up 34 on Booneville.

xadboy

Quote from: TRH on October 22, 2018, 03:56:28 pm
It misted during the game, it wasn't exactly a downpour.
And I wasn't "comparing scores", I was comparing the physicality of the two teams on both sides of the ball.
Good luck to both teams.
The first half was a steady down pour, it was a light rain in the second half.

TRH

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 04:15:27 pm
Mansfield only had 7 first downs. 2.5 yards average on 22 carries for a total of 55 yards. 181 passing yards (65 of those on the only TD scored) on 11 out of 24 passing attempts. Take the 1 long pass and they have 170 yards for the game.

Lamar had 15 first downs, 255 rushing yards and 30 passing yards. Total yards Lamar 285 Mansfield 236. Not as big a gap as some think. But Lamar had 2 opportunities to score but a fumble and penalty killed those two drives.

Other than the one big play, Lamar's defense was solid. Just like they have been all year. The only team that has been able to score on them was Greenland 27. But Greenland put up 34 on Booneville.

Mansfield also made it inside the Lamar "red zone" twice by passing, only for our OC to lose his mind and run on every down.
And your 255 rushing yards were on a bunch of carries, due to our OC calling far too many rushing plays, resulting in several 3 and outs and more offensive possessions for Lamar.
In fact Lamar's YPC was either the lowest, or the 2nd lowest of the season against Mansfield, for their rushing attack.

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 04:15:27 pm

50 yards difference.....truly astounding!

All joking aside, it sounds like Lamar had the momentum most of the night. That being said, weather should NEVER make THAT big of a difference, ESPECIALLY for a run-oriented offense with a supposed stout defense.

I seriously cannot recall a game when weather almost cost Booneville a game that they were suppose to win convincingly. Take last Friday night as an example: Booneville had 3 or 4 fumbles while it was raining in the first half against Charleston, and STILL managed to win 42-3, with the backups playing the 4th quarter.

So let's stop trying to blame your close call against Mansfield on the same weather Booneville played in.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 04:30:30 pm
50 yards difference.....truly astounding!

All joking aside, it sounds like Lamar had the momentum most of the night. That being said, weather should NEVER make THAT big of a difference, ESPECIALLY for a run-oriented offense with a supposed stout defense.

I seriously cannot recall a game when weather almost cost Booneville a game that they were suppose to win convincingly. Take last Friday night as an example: Booneville had 3 or 4 fumbles while it was raining in the first half against Charleston, and STILL managed to win 42-3, with the backups playing the 4th quarter.

So let's stop trying to blame your close call against Mansfield on the same weather Booneville played in.

Booneville had 521 yards Offense and allowed 24 in the same rain.

TheTruth2010

Heard there was supposed to be bad weather this Friday night. The forecast shows Rain on Boonevilles parade! Warriors win Friday and shock the 3a world!

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 04:51:12 pm
Heard there was supposed to be bad weather this Friday night. The forecast shows Rain on Boonevilles parade! Warriors win Friday and shock the 3a world!

Bad weather means Lamar should put up ASTOUNDING stats and completely dominate Booneville. 9-7 Lamar

TheTruth2010

Quote from: TRH on October 22, 2018, 04:29:44 pm
Mansfield also made it inside the Lamar "red zone" twice by passing, only for our OC to lose his mind and run on every down.
And your 255 rushing yards were on a bunch of carries, due to our OC calling far too many rushing plays, resulting in several 3 and outs and more offensive possessions for Lamar.
In fact Lamar's YPC was either the lowest, or the 2nd lowest of the season against Mansfield, for their rushing attack.
Lamar averaged 4.5 yards per carry. Well take that all night.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 05:15:32 pm

Gonna need to average more than that against a defense that only allowed 75 total yards to the same team that racked up 236 on you.

Oh but wait.....the weather.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 22, 2018, 04:40:05 pm
Booneville had 521 yards Offense and allowed 24 in the same rain.
That's not saying much.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 22, 2018, 05:15:32 pm

Won't average that against Booneville's Defense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas