• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett vs West Helena

Started by Sports Guru, October 19, 2018, 09:26:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

October 19, 2018, 09:26:06 pm Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:07:21 am by Crossett Eagle
Crossett comes in 2-5. West Helena is a very physical team at 6-2

Cougars by 14. This could turn out to be a good game. I have not seen Helena play since 2010 so I don't know much about them other than they have a big defense.

Sports Guru

West Helena defeats SC 24-13 as expected but I don't think anyone actually expected Crossett to give Hamburg a run like we did tonight in a 21-6 loss.

dhen

green-eagle

this may be a must win to avoid the fifth year in a row that we play SC for a playoff spot....

so let's go EAGLES!!!!

BirdFlu

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Who's traveling? Does anyone know the mileage?

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 22, 2018, 10:11:24 pm
Who's traveling? Does anyone know the mileage?
Helena is traveling.
2 hours and 59 minutes, 158 miles.

BirdFlu

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 22, 2018, 11:59:12 pm
Helena is traveling.
2 hours and 59 minutes, 158 miles.
Well darn, takes one excuse away from crossett when they lose

Full-get-it

Let's not jump to conclusions......HWH has been know to lay an egg every now and again. Talented physically but don't always play to their potential. Crossett could ease by them if QB play is solid.

cjohn1995

October 23, 2018, 12:38:13 pm #9 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:00:29 pm by cjohn1995
Crossett needs to figure something out on offense. Granted they went up against a salty Hamburg defense on Friday, Helena's is just as good.

cdl

Crossett Defense will be tested again this week when HWH gets to Yarbrough Field in Crossett. Eagle Offense has big strike ability, but needs to get it together, 122 yards of offense (vs Hamburg) won't beat a BIG Physical very quick and athletic HWH team no matter how long a trip to get to play!

BirdFlu

I just hope HWHC can see with crossett's poor lighting

cdl

Lighting is terrible at Crossett, but won't bother HWH!

dhen

HWH will win big by controlling the ground game.

Sports Guru

Hopefully Crossett defense is on point tonight and we can air it out a bit more than the Hamburg game.

GO EAGLES!!

Sports Guru

WH has so many penalties

Crossett 13 West Helena 32

3rd quarter

Eagles driving

Sports Guru

West Helena is so undisciplined... This game has been flag after flag.

BirdFlu

The score doesn't look like it

LineStepper

Sports Guru

West Helena won 45-25. Cougars had I don't know how many penalties. A couple players kept trying to start fights with Crossett. Team needs discipline!!

Full-get-it

I follow HWH along with my team cause my brother is from there....how could you say they were trying to start fights with Crossett? What game did you watch? HWH players and most of Crossett players both were in McDonalds after the game eating and there was nothing but laughs in there.

Sports Guru

October 27, 2018, 10:44:03 pm #21 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:47:22 pm by Crossett Eagle
Quote from: Full-get-it on October 27, 2018, 10:27:47 pm
I follow HWH along with my team cause my brother is from there....how could you say they were trying to start fights with Crossett? What game did you watch? HWH players and most of Crossett players both were in McDonalds after the game eating and there was nothing but laughs in there.
The radio crew saw what happened because they were talking about it on the radio. Apparently you didn't see Helena and Crossett bumping shoulders and running there mouths at each other.
The personal foul penalties and unsportsmanlike wasn't being thrown for just nothing..

Full-get-it

October 28, 2018, 12:21:04 am #22 Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:38:29 am by Full-get-it
I was there...sure there was some instances but no fights or even potential fights. Especially from a team that's up by 3-4 scores most of the game. No unsportsmanlike conduct penalties was called other than one late hit on the qb. The call that was made the most was facemask and blocking in the back. Then two teams that were "engaged in almost fights" during the game would not be eating together after the game; laughing and talking. The HWH kids were telling the Crossett kids how to beat Star City. The school resource officer for Crossett can verify that, I had a long conversation with him.

Eaglemaniac

The personal fouls I saw were face mask and horsecollar penalties. I did leave before the game was over and didn't see the 4th quarter though. I do think think the Achilles heal for Central is lack of discipline on the field. By discipline I'm not saying they are out of control emotionally, it's the type of penalties they are getting flagged for. At this point In the season a team shouldn't be getting a ton those types of penalties. They will give Warren a good game but in the end Warren will beat them if they make those mistakes this week.

Full-get-it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas