• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game of the Week: Harrison Golden Goblins @ Alma Airedales

Started by Go Postal, October 13, 2018, 11:32:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woopork

Quote from: Zeus on October 19, 2018, 10:11:42 pm
Harrison's rb really impressed me, he doesn't juke much, but he's super quick. Their o-line is also impressive. Qb and wr's were mediocre, but that could've been because of the light rain. They are a very fundamently sound team on the defensive side of the ball, not much speed, but they're well coached.

Would've stunk for Alma if Harrison had any speed or nonmediocre qb/wr. Alma may have lost by 60

Go Postal

Harrison's rb really impressed me, he doesn't juke much, but he's super quick. Their o-line is also impressive. Qb and wr's were mediocre, but that could've been because of the light rain. They are a very fundamently sound team on the defensive side of the ball, not much speed, but they're well coached.

Yeah, the Goblins did seem a little bit off tonight.  Good thing for Alma.

doctor in the house

Thanks for the play by play Trackster! Can anyone tell me when was the last time that Alma was shut out at home? My guess is a long long time ago???

Lumberjackfan1978

RD™

Quote from: doctor in the house on October 20, 2018, 01:36:09 am
Thanks for the play by play Trackster! Can anyone tell me when was the last time that Alma was shut out at home? My guess is a long long time ago???
Russellville did it this past September 31-0

InYoGrill

Go Postal

Airedale90

Harrison has a very good team.  I believe they have the chance to play with PA and knock them out.  Alma offense is going to have to play much better in order to move on and that means playing your best players. Half of Alma cannot figure out why the OC doesn't give more reps to the one who makes big plays.  Very frustrating from the fans to see talent being wasted.  We have heard that they try and put the best 11 out there but that's not the case on the offense side of the ball.  The entire team suffers.

Sasquatch71

When you rush for 260+ apparently didn't need to juke much.

woopork

Quote from: Airedale90 on October 21, 2018, 08:06:06 am
Harrison has a very good team.  I believe they have the chance to play with PA and knock them out.  Alma offense is going to have to play much better in order to move on and that means playing your best players. Half of Alma cannot figure out why the OC doesn't give more reps to the one who makes big plays.  Very frustrating from the fans to see talent being wasted.  We have heard that they try and put the best 11 out there but that's not the case on the offense side of the ball.  The entire team suffers.

I bet the coaches are intentionally not playing the best players. They probably try to lose.

Airedale90

Yea sounds like you are right because that's what is happening. Glad someone else is as smart as me and can figure it out.

JacketFan

4th seed Wynne just beat 1 seed Harrison in first round of volleyball state tournament, Go Jackets

MoTownDog

Going beyond the regular season.  Gobs have that wrapped up.

If the Gobs have to play one of these teams here's my prediction:

Texarkana won't be much of a problem.  Good team but can't handle the Gobs.
Will have to play a good game to beat Little Rock Christian
PA's a problem.

The last Arkansas team to beat PA was my own Morrilton Devil Dogs in 2013!

If Harrison can recover every onside kick and match scoring with PA, they could be the 2018 5A Champs.

Sasquatch71

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 24, 2018, 03:28:43 pm
Going beyond the regular season.  Gobs have that wrapped up.

If the Gobs have to play one of these teams here's my prediction:

Texarkana won't be much of a problem.  Good team but can't handle the Gobs.
Will have to play a good game to beat Little Rock Christian
PA's a problem.

The last Arkansas team to beat PA was my own Morrilton Devil Dogs in 2013!

I think this is a fair assessment.  I still think that the Goblin D is not being given their due.  I think they have the firepower to slow down PA on offense.  Only time will tell and we all know with teenage kids ANYTHING can happen.

If Harrison can recover every onside kick and match scoring with PA, they could be the 2018 5A Champs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas