• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A week 7

Started by athletic supporter, October 06, 2018, 02:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

Winners in BOLD:

Mayflower @ Baptist Prep...In the Battle of the Eagles, Mayflower "grounds" BP...48-13

Glen Rose @ Jessieville...The Beavers play one of the bottom 4 teams in conference so they must be traveling. They could play this game in Madagascar and the result would be the same...52-6

Perryville @ Two Rivers...Several years ago, this was The Battle of the Mustangs. Now it's just a game...26-6

Game of the Week:

Atkins @ Danville...This will be the best team the Red Devils have faced. It's also on the road. That is a scary enough combination for me to take the home team in a nail biter...22-21

CoolBreeze

The only one you'll get much disagreement about is Atkins at Danville. Atkins remains undefeated but they have not played a strong schedule. The next three weeks will tell the tale as they face Danville, Mayflower and Glen Rose.

On the other hand, the Little Johns are 3-3 with all three losses to strong teams, two of them undefeated. Their wins are less impressive, since the teams they defeated have only two wins combined; however, two of them were 4A. But they will be on their home field.

So, I believe you are right to show this game as a close one.

Coach Jones

Atkins vs Danville is by far the game of the week.  Might be one of the best match ups in the state.  They will be playing for what is likely the 3 seed, assuming Mayflower and Glen Rose are the two top dogs.  These are both very talented teams that could both have a chance to make a little playoff run if the match ups are favorable.   At this point in the season team health could play a big part.  Are both teams healthy?

WarEagle10

Very good discussion here.  I've seen film on every team and have seen several teams in person to this point.  A lot of this has already been discussed, but here's my take today. 
Glen Rose is the best team.  They dominated Mayflower, but if you take away a few key holding penalties, that game could have been closer.  Glen arose forced Danville to throw which isn't their strength and looked very good in that game.  Mayflower beat Danville in the rain and allowed Mayflower's speed to hurt them.  Atkins is very similar to Glen Rose in my opinion.  Atkins defense may not be quite as good though from what I can tell.  Each of the next 3 weeks will be important for Atkins as they play Danville, Mayflower and Glen Rose.  Those 3 games will be the game of the week each week.  The 5th playoff spot will be Baptist prep unless they can somehow pull off an upset against Mayflower or Danville.  They have been playing well on defense lately and figuring some things out on offense.  Still would be a tall task for BP to pull off an upset with lack of depth and team speed.  BP gets Danville, Mayflower and GR at home and go to 2Rivers.  Jville and Pville are out of the picture at this point although I like Jville's QB.  Good for a freshman.  Perryville is learning a new system this year.  They have some size and a few playmakers, but not enough skill guys to compete with the top 4 just yet.  They also play very hard and physical. 

athletic supporter

This week's results:

Mayflower 37 Baptist Prep 0...The Baptist Eagles' wings were clipped

Glen Rose 38 Jessieville 0...The Beavers chomp on the Lions

Perryville 43 Two Rivers 0...It only took a short drive for the Mustangs to feel better

Danville 26 Atkins 7...I picked the winner; the score shocked me

This week: 4-0
YTD: 30-4

CoolBreeze

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 13, 2018, 05:25:09 pm
This week's results:

Danville 26 Atkins 7...I picked the winner; the score shocked me

And most everyone else.

HorseFeathers

Not me....It's why I went to watch Lamar/Greenland..

Okay I might not be 100% honest...But I figured Atkins/Danville had a bigger chance of getting ugly score wise..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas