• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Wynne

Started by JacketFan, October 06, 2018, 11:45:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

Any thoughts on this rivalry game.  Wynne is coming off a big win at VV, but both teams are young and rebuilding, so I expect this to be a good game as always.  Go Jackets

Overdahill

JessieP

Tough call, Wynne is clearly better this year but you can't underestimate the "Snake bit" factor. Batesville seems to have Wynne's number. I was really sweating this one out until I saw Overdahill pick Wynne. Manna from heaven! Whenever Over picks Wynne over Batesville it's money in the back.

We may be outgunned but Pioneer Nation thanks Overdahill for his kiss of death.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on October 06, 2018, 04:02:17 pm
Tough call, Wynne is clearly better this year but you can't underestimate the "Snake bit" factor. Batesville seems to have Wynne's number. I was really sweating this one out until I saw Overdahill pick Wynne. Manna from heaven! Whenever Over picks Wynne over Batesville it's money in the back.

We may be outgunned but Pioneer Nation thanks Overdahill for his kiss of death.
I think playing at home will outweigh Overdahills kiss of death, so I will pick Wynne 35-10.

Overdahill

Quote from: JacketFan on October 06, 2018, 04:07:55 pm
I think playing at home will outweigh Overdahills kiss of death, so I will pick Wynne 35-10.

If you JacketFans want I can go ahead and flip over to picking the Pioneers but you got this one regardless ;D

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 06, 2018, 05:00:53 pm
If you JacketFans want I can go ahead and flip over to picking the Pioneers but you got this one regardless ;D

While I dreadfully agree with you on this year's matchup I want to know if you're making that pick with the same certainty and promise you felt when you made that pick last year?

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 06, 2018, 05:29:28 pm
While I dreadfully agree with you on this year's matchup I want to know if you're making that pick with the same certainty and promise you felt when you made that pick last year?

My Motto is: "Often Wrong; Never in Doubt"

The_Pioneer

Wynne by infinity, as usual.  They are unbeatable.

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 06, 2018, 08:23:45 pm
Wynne by infinity, as usual.  They are unbeatable.

You see that's the problem, 5 of the last 7 years no one told the Pioneers. I hate when they go off script like that.

Rick Swines

PA Dad

I predicted that Morrilton would beat Alma so you know I am great at predictions.  But, Batesville is just not Batesville this year.  I know this is probably the biggest rivalry game in 5A and you can throw the records out, but I think Wynne takes this one.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 06, 2018, 11:55:38 pm
I predicted that Morrilton would beat Alma so you know I am great at predictions.  But, Batesville is just not Batesville this year.  I know this is probably the biggest rivalry game in 5A and you can throw the records out, but I think Wynne takes this one.

I'd rather walk on my lips than pick against my Neers but you may be correct. I just don't see us winning this one. Losing to a less than average Forrest City may have taken the wind out of our sails. A great group of seniors deserve better than having to watch the sophomores gain experience.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 12:26:44 am
I'd rather walk on my lips than pick against my Neers but you may be correct. I just don't see us winning this one. Losing to a less than average Forrest City may have taken the wind out of our sails. A great group of seniors deserve better than having to watch the sophomores gain experience.

Not if the same results will happen. You've gotta look at the future in any sport.

Hogman2018

Batesville must be pretty BAD if you cant make the playoffs in the  East!  Year in  there is only two teams in the conference that is any good!!!

JessieP

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 07, 2018, 08:57:01 am
Batesville must be pretty BAD if you cant make the playoffs in the  East!  Year in  there is only two teams in the conference that is any good!!!

Why are you being so contentious with us? In this age of a divided America rather than argue let's celebrate our common ground. Batesville and Texarkana have some things in common. Neither team will win their conference and neither team will make it to WMS. Come on Hogman, let's hold hands and sing "We were o-ver-raaa-aaa-ted, we were o-ver-raaa-aaa-ted". Because at the end of the day also ran is also ran. Oh well, the 5A didn't pan out as you hoped but there's always the 4A. There's no Greenwood or PA in the 4A.

pioneer_fella

both teams are down so you never know. Should be a close game.

wynnefootballfan

I've said it before. To them there hill folk and us river bottom'ers up year or down this week of the year is like a holliday. Gonna be a big time Friday night.

You Neer's drive safe on the way down..

Hogman2018

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 11:29:53 am
Why are you being so contentious with us? In this age of a divided America rather than argue let's celebrate our common ground. Batesville and Texarkana have some things in common. Neither team will win their conference and neither team will make it to WMS. Come on Hogman, let's hold hands and sing "We were o-ver-raaa-aaa-ted, we were o-ver-raaa-aaa-ted". Because at the end of the day also ran is also ran. Oh well, the 5A didn't pan out as you hoped but there's always the 4A. There's no Greenwood or PA in the 4A.
oh If we get beat by Mcclellan and PA  that means we were overrated!! According to you we are not very good anyway! I bet you the East wont beat us in the playoffs! U do know the way the brackets are set up the second round two good teams gonna get knocked out so that means whoever loses them games they are overrated right! U dont have a clue do you??

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 08, 2018, 10:50:10 am
oh If we get beat by Mcclellan and PA  that means we were overrated!! According to you we are not very good anyway! I bet you the East wont beat us in the playoffs! U do know the way the brackets are set up the second round two good teams gonna get knocked out so that means whoever loses them games they are overrated right! U dont have a clue do you??

Somewhere, an English teacher weeps.

JessieP

wynnefootballfan

Game Day!!!

Hope yall bring a bunch with ya from Batesville and hope the weather holds for us. Pioneer fans drive safe..

JessieP

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 12, 2018, 12:46:11 pm
Game Day!!!

Hope yall bring a bunch with ya from Batesville and hope the weather holds for us. Pioneer fans drive safe..

The threat of a cold wet night won't help attendance. The bummer of having a down cycle is the lack of enthusiasm. When was the last time you saw a Wynne/Batesville thread have 21 replies the week of the game? Usually you see "Beat Wynne" written on store fronts around town, not this year. Like PA Dad said, this game is usually the game of the week with the East Championship in the balance. This year it is the battle for the 4th spot. I'm betting the halftime line for food at the snack bar won't be too long this year.

Overdahill

If the Pioneers show out tonight we may have to start calling them the Possums ;D

JacketFan

It's sprinkling in Wynne right now, hope it moves on out before game time.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Overdahill on October 12, 2018, 01:44:08 pm
If the Pioneers show out tonight we may have to start calling them the Possums ;D

lol.. good one,

Yea its not the normal year for sure. The Jackets had there run of trouble in 08', 09' and 2010. A few good players but not the normal teams we were used to. It happens in high school football from time to time but teams with good foundations don't stay down long.

PA Dad

Sounds like a typical Batesville/Wynne game - a barn burner.  Tied at the start of the fourth quarter.

NEASPORTSFAN

RunninJoe

Great game. Batesville/Wynne never disappoints.
Batesville 45
Wynne     31
Final

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 12, 2018, 10:04:11 pm
Great game. Batesville/Wynne never disappoints.
Batesville 45
Wynne     31
Final
Way to go Pioneers!!!!

NEASPORTSFAN

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Dad on October 06, 2018, 11:55:38 pm

I showed again how great I am at picking winners.  Batesville just has Wynne's number.  Congrats to the Pioneers.

Now can they handle Blytheville?

JacketFan

Quote from: Overdahill on October 06, 2018, 11:53:20 am
Another big W for Wynne
Thanks Overdahill for the kiss of death again this year, you are forever banned on commenting on the Jackets, lol. Great win Pioneers

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on October 12, 2018, 10:52:29 pm
Thanks Overdahill for the kiss of death again this year, you are forever banned on commenting on the Jackets, lol. Great win Pioneers

It was a great game. The score was 7-7 with 11 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Once again our MVP is Overdahill, It's not in his DNA to pick Batesville over Wynne. To me one of the unsung heroes is Batesville's punter, he flipped the field 3 times tonight.

JessieP

I was very impressed with Wynne's sophomores. They have some gifted 10th graders. Any Wynne fans have any info on the kid who got hurt early in the game? From the stands it was a pretty gruesome arm injury, I saw quite a few Batesville Mom's covering their eyes. He walked off the field but it was apparent he was hurting. Praying he is back in action soon. You hate that part of football.

Jacketalum07

A good case of being out coached in this game. Congrats to the pioneers on coming to wynne and putting 45 points on the board in one of their down years. Wynne secondary looked lost most of the game. The fumble in the fourth quarter when we needed a touchdown to tie it killed us. This loss always hurts more then others! #35 for Batesville is a man and made a lot happen when he didn't have much to work with. Good luck to y'all next week.

Overdahill

Quote from: JacketFan on October 12, 2018, 10:52:29 pm

Now that my deadly power has been confirmed I must be more careful in my predictions. I won't be picking against the Possums in the future  :D

The_Pioneer

Man, I enjoy beating Wynne, especially at their place.  Almost as much as beating Newport.

NEASPORTSFAN

Yes great win. It's a great rivalry, and for the most part it's pretty clean. Wynne has a great football program. A lot of pride. So does Batesville. I think there is a mutual respect there.

The_Pioneer

Agreed.  There wasn't much respect towards nor from Newport, but Wynne seems to be a solid rivalry.

JessieP

At one point last night someone with a program pointed out to me that there were 12 sophomores on the field. It was a physical well played game. It's safe to say that in a very short time order will be restored in the East. In 13 of the previous 16 years the Batesville/Wynne game has determined the East winner. After this year that appears to resume.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas