• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JACKETS AT BLAZERS

Started by wynnefootballfan, October 01, 2018, 11:09:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnefootballfan

Thoughts?

This will be an important game for the Jackets playoff hopes. Blazers have been doing good. I think the Jackets confidence is getting better.

JessieP

I think Wynne's youth gets better every week. Blytheville may very well be the big surprise in the 5A this year. They may be for real. I think Wynne's physical style of play is too much for Valley View. Wynne in a low scoring game.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: JessieP on October 01, 2018, 11:59:29 am
I think Wynne's youth gets better every week. Blytheville may very well be the big surprise in the 5A this year. They may be for real. I think Wynne's physical style of play is too much for Valley View. Wynne in a low scoring game.

I agree, I think the Jackets have a solid shot as the #3 in the East. Still some biz to take care of of  course. Three teams ahead that anything could happen, but I think they can do it.. As for Blytheville I agree as well. The Chicks only weeakness is there depth, they play a lot of guys both ways. Even with that they are double tough.

JacketFan

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 01, 2018, 12:50:01 pm
I agree, I think the Jackets have a solid shot as the #3 in the East. Still some biz to take care of of  course. Three teams ahead that anything could happen, but I think they can do it.. As for Blytheville I agree as well. The Chicks only weeakness is there depth, they play a lot of guys both ways. Even with that they are double tough.
Young guys keep getting better every week, need to get that offense rolling consistently and they will do good the remainder of the year.  Go jackets

Ball Hawk

Tough game to call that's for sure. I've gotten to see both teams in action and IMO it'a toss up. I think maybe HFA will be the difference here so I'll go with Valley View in a close one.

VV definitely hits the tough part of their schedule coming up that's for sure.

The_Pioneer

Overdahill

I may be stuck in the past but I just can't pick VV against Wynne. Jackets by 10

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on October 01, 2018, 11:09:16 am
Thoughts?

This will be an important game for the Jackets playoff hopes. Blazers have been doing good. I think the Jackets confidence is getting better.
Just curious, what type of offense is Wynne running these days?

walkingguy72396

JacketFan

Valley view students made fake tombstones with some of the jacket players actual names on them for homecoming, and apparently it got out on social media.  I heard that VV administration is coming to Wynne to apologize in person for the classless act.  It has definitely lit a fire in the players and coaches, so this is gonna be a good game.  Leave it all on the field boys, play hard, play fair, and go Jackets.

EAGLEFAN14

The_Pioneer

Jeepers, if this sort of thing is needed to fire you up....

Jacketalum07

20-0 wynne 3 minutes left in the first quarter.

hsindian

Quote from: JacketFan on October 05, 2018, 10:29:02 am
Valley view students made fake tombstones with some of the jacket players actual names on them for homecoming, and apparently it got out on social media.  I heard that VV administration is coming to Wynne to apologize in person for the classless act.  It has definitely lit a fire in the players and coaches, so this is gonna be a good game.  Leave it all on the field boys, play hard, play fair, and go Jackets.
I'm not seeing the big deal. It's been done on homecoming floats or signs for years.

JessieP

Read the story. This was not high school hijinks, with the heartbreaking history that poor family has had to endure. I was at the game tonight watching a horribly mediocre Pioneer football team. A  man was checking scores on his phone and told the group of parents around him that Wynne was up 28-0, an audible applause was heard, At Pioneer stadium. Imagine that. I don't care if it was off campus, was there no adults around? Classless Valley View, Classless.

JacketFan

Great game tonite Jackets, I think they might be hitting there stride.  I think the whole town of Wynne was at that game, great support for these young men, and I was super proud of team tonite, Go Jackets

VVBlazer

I didn't get to go to the game, but I listened to it on the radio. Wynne came out and punched VV right in the mouth, and then punched them in the gut, and then punched them in the head, and then punched them right back in the mouth. I don't know if the tombstone float was the motivation or not, but if it was, great job to the Yellowjackets for teaching the Blazers a lesson in respect and humility. With the exception of a few Wynne mistakes, it sounded like they played very solid football and completely controlled the game. I actually caught myself giggling a little bit every time Wynne scored. I have never been a fan of VV Cockrell's coaching style, and now that my kids have all graduated, I get to root for any team that I want. Plus, I have a great nephew on the jacket squad! Go Jackets!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas