• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Northside

Started by Topdog1, August 27, 2018, 10:50:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2018, 12:41:47 am
Greenwood....racist??

Surely not??

😉

NAH! They have lots of black kids...Just pick up Hooten's and turn to the team page and look! Wait a minute.......

catfish1

Troy Aikman could not have sustained the young oline of GW last nite someone is gonna have to step quickly to get us on schedule. Go Dogs!!

High Voltage

Sorry I'm late to the party...some key points here...

Northside is good. Let's not take anything away from those guys. They beat GW end of story.No excuses. They were the better team and would beat GW 9, maybe 10 out of 10 times.

GW needs a true Qb and move Holt back to receiver so he can make big plays. Also we don't have a RB like we used to. The defense didn't look bad at all, heck they were on the field the whole night.

Congrats Northside!

Baitshop

Phew, this thread sure is devoid of UofG fans....

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Baitshop on September 02, 2018, 01:50:40 pm
Phew, this thread sure is devoid of UofG fans....

Like roaches under a light

The Future

Bait, have you given any thought to what you're gonna do if Southside is able to beat Greenwood Friday night?

All night party at Bensons with open bar? Parade down Garrison? Streak down Rogers Ave? 6 story bonfire in the stadium lot? Get ESPN to do a 30 for 30? I'm sure you'll think of something unique. Just if you opt for the streak, please allow me time to leave Jim Rowland before you exit the press box.

Been a long 11 years since Southside has tasted victory against little bro. And with Southsides impressive win over Bentonville West, this most likely will be the first time since the 2012 game Southside will be the favorite.

Jones has only lost back to back games twice in his tenure at Greenwood. We're gonna hope there's not a third. We have work to do, but I'm confident Jones will have them playing til the clock ends.

The Future

September 02, 2018, 07:40:28 pm #56 Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:33:22 pm by The Future
Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 02, 2018, 07:21:17 pm

You know you've made it as a bonafide great team when people are happy you lost just as much as they are when their team wins.
Wasn't too long ago when Eldo was that good, right Purplecat?  ;)

Looks like the only team that could put the state into a frenzy over a loss more than Greenwood is PA. At least for now while their 4peat and win streak are going

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on September 02, 2018, 07:40:28 pm
You know you've made it as a bonafide great team when people are happy you lost just as much as they are when their team wins.
Wasn't too long ago when Eldo was that good, right Purplecat?  ;)

Looks like the only team that could put the state into a frenzy over a lost more than Greenwood is PA. At least for now while their 4peat and win streak are going

You got it right.  Jealousy is ugly.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

PA Dad

RD™

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 02, 2018, 07:21:17 pm
There is a famous lyric I'm going to share with you:
"Y'all are gonna keep f**** around with me and turn me back to the old me"

tomdawg55

Good game NS was a prepared as I have seen them in 10 years missing the likes of the true QBs GW has been used to left them in a true rebuilding year NS was very aggressive which GW had no answers to
Enjoy the win grizzlies  yes hard work pays off

AT

GW defense held up well at times. Schemed well against Northside, who doesn't have much of a running game. Big plays by Northside made a difference.

Greenwood O looked about the most uneffective as I've ever seen, but that will probably be one of the most athletic defenses they will face. Passing game was okay at times. Running game didn't do much for the Bulldogs.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: grizz on September 01, 2018, 12:29:48 am
Greenwood doesn't eat the humble pie often, but gitcha some of that tonight.

Both teams have serious O line problems.  You didn't see Northside's real offensive strength tonight (receiving corps) because Deuce had no time to throw it.
Credit the Bulldog defense for that.

Holt is a heck of a baller.  My kid plays football and baseball for Northside so I already knew that.  Not sure if Holt bothers me more on the football field or the baseball field.  Scary good in both.

Greenwood folks ought to be proud of Luke Leonard tonight too.  Kid is salty.  Will take a hit and keep coming at you.

You Greenwood guys are spoiled.  Quit with the "we are young" crap.  You got beat by a better team.  We are back.  Go look at our two deep.  Lots of juniors.  We will be there next year too.

The best thing of all is this:  The black players on this Northside team got called n****** tonight by Greenwood players more than they will all the rest of the season combined.  So that part is over.  The racist crap is pretty much over until next year.

I agreed with your post until the last idiotic paragraph.  Why bring racism into it?  Were you on the field and heard what was said?  NO.  So shut up and just talk about the teams.  Yes, Northside was better.  End of story. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 01, 2018, 12:45:56 am
NAH! They have lots of black kids...Just pick up Hooten's and turn to the team page and look! Wait a minute.......

Way to play into the racist rant.  You tool.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

I'll say this about friday night's game.  GW was outmatched on both sides of the ball.  NS came to play and GW didn't.  The only problem i saw was that the Northside players were acting as if they'd never won against GW with all their shenanigans.  Oh wait, this group of NS players hadn't ever won against GW, had they?

Grizzlyfan

Thoughts from the game:

It's always a good day to beat Greenwood
The Northside defense is salty.  Good rush ends and good linebackers.
Greenwood has a QB problem.  Holt is a great athlete but not a QB
Greenwood remains, far and away, the dirtiest team in all of Arkansas high school football.  From the after play cheap shots to the racist talk to somebody holding on every single play.  It must be bad parenting because they couldn't have learned any of that from St. Rick.

RD™

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 04, 2018, 10:58:42 am
Thoughts from the game:

Greenwood remains, far and away, the dirtiest team in all of Arkansas high school football.  From the after play cheap shots to the racist talk to somebody holding on every single play.  It must be bad parenting because they couldn't have learned any of that from St. Rick.
As a Greenwood parent I assure you that crap isn't taught in this house, so unless you have specific examples, kick rocks jerkoff.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RD™ on September 04, 2018, 11:34:02 am
As a Greenwood parent I assure you that crap isn't taught in this house, so unless you have specific examples, kick rocks jerkoff.
Then it must be St. Rick.

The Future

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 04, 2018, 01:36:08 pm
Then it must be St. Rick.

Grizzfan, as I watched the game I saw jaw jacking and head bobbing from the guys in red as well.

Would you say they learned that from their parents or Northsides coaching staff?
::)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 04, 2018, 10:58:42 am
Thoughts from the game:

Yes, the boys in the Red uniforms were angels.  lol    By the way........you mentioned the "racist talk", were you on the field?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 04, 2018, 01:57:19 pm
Yes, the boys in the Red uniforms were angels.  lol    By the way........you mentioned the "racist talk", were you on the field?

Maybe they were just rapping??

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 04, 2018, 01:57:19 pm
One degree of separation from the field.  So I will stand by what I was told.

Baitshop

Old habits are hard to break....

Bigfootdogfan

Bigfootdogfan

Sorry Bait, I couldn't resist. Hehehe!!!!!

grizz

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 04, 2018, 09:26:55 am
I agreed with your post until the last idiotic paragraph.  Why bring racism into it?  Were you on the field and heard what was said?  NO.  So shut up and just talk about the teams.  Yes, Northside was better.  End of story.

Well,no.  I wasn't on the field. Don't need to be.  Same crap.  Different year.  Greenwood is gonna go racist every single time.  That's who Greenwood is. 
Your opponents with significant numbers of black players address it before game time.  You guys are famous for this.

You can get mad, but don't blame me for exposing your cultural problems.

grizz

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 04, 2018, 09:31:04 am
I'll say this about friday night's game.  GW was outmatched on both sides of the ball.  NS came to play and GW didn't.  The only problem i saw was that the Northside players were acting as if they'd never won against GW with all their shenanigans.  Oh wait, this group of NS players hadn't ever won against GW, had they?

They have now, haven't they? lol

FortSmithFootballFan

I would add that Greenwood has a "culture" of winning...credit the coaches for their consistency year over year and the support of the community.
What you probably already know is that the "culture" at Northside is different. Not in a good way or bad way, just different. What you probably DON'T know or maybe take for granted is that many of the Northside players come from broken homes and in many cases don't even live with their biological parents. The Northside coaches, EVERY MORNING before early practices personally drive to 20-30 of the athletes residences (whether permanent or temporary) to make sure the athlete comes to practice and has a ride. In most cases the coach is their ride to practice. The coaches have had to work harder over the years...the athletes have had to overcome more than the average athlete in the 6A or 7a for that matter.  I've watched over the years and can truly say this NS team has come together like I've never seen before overcoming obstacles no student athlete should have to overcome. While they still have their shortcomings and "things to work on", I'm super proud of the start they've had to this year and hope they can continue it. A win over Greenwood IS a big deal when you've had a losing season the year before. I just pose this comment as another perspective on the fact that this NHS team could be really fun to watch this year as they've brought kids together from every walk of life and background together to create a real team. I think, It's fun to watch. Best of luck to both teams again. I can't wit to see where these teams end up at the end of the season. GO GRIZ!

PA Dad

Quote from: FortSmithFootballFan on September 06, 2018, 10:16:16 pm
I would add that Greenwood has a "culture" of winning...credit the coaches for their consistency year over year and the support of the community.
What you probably already know is that the "culture" at Northside is different. Not in a good way or bad way, just different. What you probably DON'T know or maybe take for granted is that many of the Northside players come from broken homes and in many cases don't even live with their biological parents. The Northside coaches, EVERY MORNING before early practices personally drive to 20-30 of the athletes residences (whether permanent or temporary) to make sure the athlete comes to practice and has a ride. In most cases the coach is their ride to practice. The coaches have had to work harder over the years...the athletes have had to overcome more than the average athlete in the 6A or 7a for that matter.  I've watched over the years and can truly say this NS team has come together like I've never seen before overcoming obstacles no student athlete should have to overcome. While they still have their shortcomings and "things to work on", I'm super proud of the start they've had to this year and hope they can continue it. A win over Greenwood IS a big deal when you've had a losing season the year before. I just pose this comment as another perspective on the fact that this NHS team could be really fun to watch this year as they've brought kids together from every walk of life and background together to create a real team. I think, It's fun to watch. Best of luck to both teams again. I can't wit to see where these teams end up at the end of the season. GO GRIZ!

Great post.  +1

PA Dad

Quote from: grizz on September 06, 2018, 09:51:03 pm
Well,no.  I wasn't on the field. Don't need to be.  Same crap.  Different year.  Greenwood is gonna go racist every single time.  That's who Greenwood is. 
Your opponents with significant numbers of black players address it before game time.  You guys are famous for this.

I have no idea what the truth is.  But I know that success successful programs suffer many slights and rumors.

I hope these reports are overblown.  If they are not, I will be very disappointed in GW.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 07, 2018, 11:00:38 am #81 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:03:42 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: grizz on September 06, 2018, 09:51:03 pm

Do you really want to talk about cultural problems?   Again, you weren't on the field.  So zip it!   BTW, i'm "one person away" from being on the field too.  And I hear all the crap that all teams say.  If you think that there are racists on only one side of the ball, then you're living in bubble little man.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 07, 2018, 11:00:38 am
Do you really want to talk about cultural problems?   Again, you weren't on the field.  So zip it!

GW does the same thing when they play SS. It is expected. They do have a good program though and I know coach Jones would not approve. And yes my son has personally heard the words from the GW kids on the field and from their sidelines.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2018, 11:03:30 am
GW does the same thing when they play SS. It is expected. They do have a good program though and I know coach Jones would not approve. And yes my son has personally heard the words from the GW kids on the field and from their sidelines.

I'll ask you like i asked the NS idiot.  Do you think that the racists rants are only one sided?  I mean, i'm sure your little angel hasn't ever said anything derogatory or racist.  I'm talking about all the other boys for SS.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 07, 2018, 11:04:46 am
I'll ask you like i asked the NS idiot.  Do you think that the racists rants are only one sided?  I mean, i'm sure your little angel hasn't ever said anything derogatory or racist.  I'm talking about all the other boys for SS.

And now back to our regular scheduled discussion of football. Good win by Northside. GW is not as bad as some of their fans are making it out to be. SS will need to improve to win tonight.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2018, 11:26:58 am
And now back to our regular scheduled discussion of football. Good win by Northside. GW is not as bad as some of their fans are making it out to be. SS will need to improve to win tonight.

That's what i thought. 

7AFBFAN

CJ7

I believe Greenwood actually suspended a player last season for using a racial slur toward a teammate. I know Coach Jones has a zero tolerance policy.

FBGFDRUM

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas