• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elkins is Open

Started by Brian G, April 26, 2018, 07:05:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

HC Chad Harbison has been names QB Coach/Co-OC at Fayetteville.

bigfootelk14

Coach Harbison leaves Elkins program to become Co-OC @Fayetteville. Who becomes a candidate for this open spot??

x14113

Daunting task ahead for whomever is hired. Moving up a class and into a conference full of veteran teams.

At least they get to work with a good QB for the next two years.

bigfootelk14

As Harbison leaves the Elkins program, who are some candidates for this job? Thoughts on this news as well?

x14113

Oh, and John Bunch Stadium is apparently getting...an extreme makeover, at best.

www.mcrecordonline.com/sports/article_9fe388be-ea93-11e7-9089-8f9bb9cf9d00.html

I wonder how this will affect the street leading to the HS...?

Then again, that's the least of the questions the new HC will have to answer regarding the next few years of Elks football.

Eagle boss

Any names on who has applied?

beach bum

If they were moving to the 1-4A I would stay away from this job. However, in the 4-4A Elkins can be a yearly playoff team imo... The 4-4A will not be that good of a league the next couple years. Location of this job will attract some decent names you would think.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2018, 09:27:32 am
If they were moving to the 1-4A I would stay away from this job. However, in the 4-4A Elkins can be a yearly playoff team imo... The 4-4A will not be that good of a league the next couple years. Location of this job will attract some decent names you would think.

I think the 4-4A is going to be plenty tough enough for Elkins and whoever the new coach is.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on May 04, 2018, 02:17:19 pm
I think the 4-4A is going to be plenty tough enough for Elkins and whoever the new coach is.

They lost their best team from last year in Booneville to a league that outside of them did not have another stout team. There is no team left in the 4-4A that a true contender fears come playoff time.

x14113

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2018, 09:27:32 am
If they were moving to the 1-4A I would stay away from this job.

Therein lies the rub--the Elks are all but a lock to shift to the 4A-1 in 2020 after Pea Ridge and Lincoln leave.

RZback

Where is Lincoln going?  I know there is a chance that several schools in 1-4A could get bumped up but there are 4 schools at least in front of Lincoln in numbers. 
Elkins is a good team but moving up is almost always a hard move. 

x14113

May 05, 2018, 04:58:24 pm #11 Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:11:36 pm by x14113
Lincoln will likely be doing something in 2020 that's a bit of a red flag in NWA these days: dropping a class.

The #s have been on the slide for a while now, but it is finally reaching the point where their classing in FB is affected.

The official enrollments in G9-11 the past two years have been 295 and 280, in that order. By comparison, Elkins' enrollments have been 326 and 323.

For now, the ADM to stay in 4A in 2020 is around 294.

RZback

Quote from: x14113 on May 05, 2018, 04:58:24 pm
Lincoln will likely be doing something in 2020 that's a bit of a red flag in NWA these days: dropping a class.

The #s have been on the slide for a while now, but it is finally reaching the point where their classing in FB is affected.

The official enrollments in G9-11 the past two years have been 295 and 280, in that order. By comparison, Elkins' enrollments have been 326 and 323.

For now, the ADM to stay in 4A in 2020 is around 294.

Stranger things have happened.  I reckon they could go down but there are 8 teams below them currently in 4A so who knows.  I'm sure they would be happy to move down in class.  That would be just in time for the class they are hoping to be "the one" to be seniors. 

x14113

Bryan Hutson has been brought in from Paris to be the Elks' next HC.

beach bum

May 23, 2018, 08:44:34 pm #14 Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:12:15 pm by beach bum
Quote from: x14113 on May 23, 2018, 08:20:14 pm
Bryan Hutson has been brought in from Paris to be the Elks' next HC.

So he pushes the previous coach out the door at Paris only to bail one year later for a job in NWA?? Sure seems like a real smooth move  ::)

7AFball

Quote from: beach bum on May 23, 2018, 08:44:34 pm

So he pushes the previous coach out the door at Paris only to bail one year later for a job in NWA?? Sure seems like a real smooth move  ::)
Lanny Beavers and his moderators do not like comments that border on unfounded, untrue statements by someone who is clueless on administrative happenings at any school. Mr. Bum is not even a Paris area person and has not attended any Board meetings, etc... Enuff.

Sigmund Sauer

May 24, 2018, 10:05:28 am #16 Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:19:11 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: 7AFball on May 24, 2018, 08:28:19 am
Lanny Beavers and his moderators do not like comments that border on unfounded, untrue statements by someone who is clueless on administrative happenings at any school. Mr. Bum is not even a Paris area person and has not attended any Board meetings, etc... Enuff.
Whoa that was a pretty harmless statement to be sounding the gluteal pain alarm over. So, is attending a Paris board meeting a requirement for discussing their football program?
-someone may want to bring the aloe Vera cream to this thread.

Edit: I see the reason for such anger now lol, spillover from the 3A board post!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 7AFball on May 24, 2018, 08:28:19 am

Have you ever been to a Fearless board meeting?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on May 24, 2018, 10:29:28 am

I would like to attend.

7AFball

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on May 24, 2018, 10:05:28 am
Whoa that was a pretty harmless statement to be sounding the gluteal pain alarm over. So, is attending a Paris board meeting a requirement for discussing their football program?
No but going to high school board meetings and keeping your "ear" to the ground if a local resident, can help one understand why people are reassigned or what's going on within the sports programs and in the school studies, teachers, etc... Surely interested residents in any town's schools will attend board meetings on occasion or moreso if some "hot skinny" is going on... LOL .   Hey, it is what it is.

Jimbo Morphis

papaeagle

Quote from: Oldman on May 24, 2018, 10:29:28 am
Yep, sometimes they occur at half time of a ballgame somewhere or maybe afterwards as the parking lot thins out a bit. Heck, maybe even over a burger and fries before the game at the "local" dive. Love FF and its staff!!  Beer drinkers NOT...  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas