• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Football

Started by Greenie, April 02, 2018, 12:44:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenie

Any games that really stand out?
Danville's Schedule
8/31 - Lamar @ Danville
9/7 - Danville @ Dover (Sr. Night)
9/14 - Waldron @ Danville
9/21 - Danville @ Mayflower
9/28 - Two Rivers @ Danville
10/5 - Danville @ Glen Rose
10/12 - Atkins @ Danville (This may or may not be right)
10/19 - Danville @ Baptist Prep
10/26 - Jessieville @ Danville
11/1 - Danville @ Perryville

If you got rankings or possible good games or blowouts, let me know. 

SR30

@ Glen Rose is going to be tough. Small group of seniors have something to prove this year.

beaverfan007

Glen rose should be pretty good

Mulerider4Life

Glen Rose will probably out gun Danville. It's also at Glen Rose. Tough when playing those 3A teams.

Greenie

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 02, 2018, 03:18:38 pm
Glen Rose will probably out gun Danville. It's also at Glen Rose. Tough when playing those 3A teams.
What kind of offense do they run?

Bbencathcart

Jessieville,Two Rivers, and Baptist Prep should be easy wins for the Little Johns. I think the real competition in this conference will be between Danville, Glen Rose, and Mayflower. Feel that Glen Rose has strong tradition and always plays tough hit you in the mouth football. Then Mayflower has the twins ( Deon and Keon) with a strong senior class. Also, Danville is always threat and good tradition for the past few years.

AT

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong. Danville is having a senior night 2nd game of the season and at Dover?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Bbencathcart on April 02, 2018, 09:03:42 pm
Jessieville,Two Rivers, and Baptist Prep should be easy wins for the Little Johns. I think the real competition in this conference will be between Danville, Glen Rose, and Mayflower. Feel that Glen Rose has strong tradition and always plays tough hit you in the mouth football. Then Mayflower has the twins ( Deon and Keon) with a strong senior class. Also, Danville is always threat and good tradition for the past few years.

Don't sleep on Jessieville. They are a dark horse and play with swag.

beaverfan007

So is this the new conference??

SR30

Yes this,is the new conference.. and jessieville lost that swag after the Glen Rose game last year. And didn't find it the rest of the season.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: SR30 on April 03, 2018, 12:51:58 pm
Yes this,is the new conference.. and jessieville lost that swag after the Glen Rose game last year. And didn't find it the rest of the season.

Not very fundamentally sound. Could say they had a hard time putting their game pants on. Sounds like you need to help them get their crap together.

Greenie

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 02, 2018, 09:21:11 pm
Sorry if I'm reading this wrong. Danville is having a senior night 2nd game of the season and at Dover?
Yeah I was confused about that too.

beach bum

Danville is going to finish 2nd in this pretty strong conference.... They'll beat Glen Rose this coming fall.

SR30

Going to be hard to beat GR at home.. especially not having played them before. These seniors have something to prove that the last 2 classes didn't..

Kraig Crist

Quote from: SR30 on April 03, 2018, 04:44:43 pm
Going to be hard to beat GR at home.. especially not having played them before. These seniors have something to prove that the last 2 classes didn't..

Why do you give a crap? Aren't you a magnet cove?

SR30

April 03, 2018, 06:43:43 pm #15 Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:54:01 pm by SR30
No sir my son will be a senior at GR next season. Haven't been at MC since 9th grade

athletic supporter

Quote from: Greenie on April 03, 2018, 03:55:44 pm
Yeah I was confused about that too.

Danville plays @ Dover week 2. Dover has had their Senior Night on their home opener since Smith has been there. It's odd, but it gets the "festivities" out of the way during non-conference and try to avoid the distraction during a game that could mean a playoff berth is what I was told.

beach bum

Quote from: athletic supporter on April 04, 2018, 06:08:47 am
Danville plays @ Dover week 2. Dover has had their Senior Night on their home opener since Smith has been there. It's odd, but it gets the "festivities" out of the way during non-conference and try to avoid the distraction during a game that could mean a playoff berth is what I was told.

Sounds like the coach seems full of himself with that analysis.... So he changes something all around because a game might move him from the 6 seed to the 5 seed?? ::) .... You know what good teams do. They don't care about that stuff and win anyway. If there is truth to that then that is pretty funny and almost a joke.

beaverfan007

Jessieville gave glen rose fits lots last year for a half then they took control and got the win

athletic supporter

Quote from: beach bum on April 04, 2018, 08:12:55 am
Sounds like the coach seems full of himself with that analysis.... So he changes something all around because a game might move him from the 6 seed to the 5 seed?? ::) .... You know what good teams do. They don't care about that stuff and win anyway. If there is truth to that then that is pretty funny and almost a joke.

Apparently you've never met Greg Smith

Mulerider4Life

Danville will lose by at least 10. If not more to GR

young_gun

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 05, 2018, 11:47:08 am
Danville will lose by at least 10. If not more to GR

You are one of the best comedians I have heard in a while.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: young_gun on April 06, 2018, 03:08:39 pm
You are one of the best comedians I have heard in a while.

I appreciate it. I work real hard to pull this stuff out of thin air. I am about as bad as the guys on Drivetime Sports

friscokid

Quote from: athletic supporter on April 04, 2018, 06:08:47 am
I happened to catch the last game of the year there and wondered why the FB players weren't recognized. (The band and cheerleader seniors were.) I figured it was just because they had only 5 seniors on the FB team.

x14113

The new logo for Two Rivers:

I wonder if they covered their bases with Bethesda before making that logo...

teachers pet

I understand Jessieville will be starting a freshman QB so it may be a tough start.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 04, 2018, 08:12:55 am

Considering Dover rarely has actual football talent and was competing for 7th and 8th before he got there, and now they're reguraly in the playoffs (even as a 4 or 5 seed)...maybe he's doing something right there...not to mention he's been beating the crap out of rival Atkins, which Dover had never been able to do before

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 21, 2018, 11:19:28 am
Considering Dover rarely has actual football talent and was competing for 7th and 8th before he got there, and now they're reguraly in the playoffs (even as a 4 or 5 seed)...maybe he's doing something right there...not to mention he's been beating the crap out of rival Atkins, which Dover had never been able to do before

This is true and beating Atkins too when Atkins has been a solid, steady program as of late.

Longfellow

Quote from: x14113 on July 18, 2018, 10:31:26 pm
The new logo for Two Rivers:

I wonder if they covered their bases with Bethesda before making that logo...
I think we should just see how many people can sue our school district over the mascot

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on July 23, 2018, 10:34:01 am
I think we should just see how many people can sue our school district over the mascot

Lol, there may be some people who don't like it being used..... I like the new look though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 23, 2018, 10:36:06 am

Lol, there may be some people who don't like it being used..... I like the new look though.

Believe Longfellow might be making a joke over the fact Two Rivers had some issues over the original Logo that was on the gym floor

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 27, 2018, 09:30:17 pm
Believe Longfellow might be making a joke over the fact Two Rivers had some issues over the original Logo that was on the gym floor
Yep. University of Florida threatened to sue if we kept the logo that was originally on the gym floor. Oddly enough, the person who designed the logo was an art teacher who has probably never seen a college athletic event her life

Greenie

Danville has a scrimmage Aug 16th at Charleston. Danville lost two players to injuries but they have a lot of back ups. Season predictions (8-2,9-1,10,0) I think Crane will help prep Danville for Glen Rose and Mayflower but they will be dog fights. Most likely going to be like the Danville-Rison game in round two of the 2a state playoffs.

beach bum

1.Mayflower
2.Atkins
3.Danville
4.Glen Rose

.....Everyone else

SR30

1. Glen Rose
2. Mayflower
3. Atkins
4. Danville

Glen Rose gets Atkins and Danville at home..

ROULETTE

Quote from: beach bum on August 08, 2018, 08:29:47 pm
1.Mayflower
2.Atkins
3.Danville
4.Glen Rose

.....Everyone else

Mayflower will not win conference.

Senator Snuffy

Quote from: beach bum on August 08, 2018, 08:29:47 pm
1.Mayflower
2.Atkins
3.Danville
4.Glen Rose

.....Everyone else
Wow........not likely.  Lets bring it back to planet earth.
1.  Glen Rose
2.  Mayflower
3.  Danville
4.  Atkins.
Everyone else

Jvlion15

Jessieville is young. Only 5 Srs but in 2 years it will be different. Freshmen qb is a stud who threw for 2,000 plus yards last year. But again they will be young and inexperience.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas