• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Tournament Final Four

Started by J.D., March 02, 2018, 10:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Turn over Mve

50.6 to go

Mve 59

Kirby 53

BannerChaser95

Mve takes it.

Mve 6

Kirby 53

Kirby didn't capitalize on early freethrows, Mve capitalizes on late freethrows.  Good game to watch

Flobbito

MVE girls are heading to Hot Springs 64-52 final score.

gamechanger11

Now tell me luck of the draw doesn't matter. They not one of the best 2 teams. 3 ahead of them was on other side.

Hef

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 03, 2018, 01:46:03 pm
Now tell me luck of the draw doesn't matter. They not one of the best 2 teams. 3 ahead of them was on other side.

Yep. MVE is a good team but the bottom of the bracket was LOADED!!

baller334

Lujk246

Lujk246

Lujk246

Lujk246

bscinar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2018, 09:09:06 am
Refs didn't turn the ball over 15+ times...just saying
Bay couldn't play defense - and if calls were anywhere close to equal, Bay doesn't turn the ball over.  One kid got tackled to the floor and landed on while shooting a 3 and there was no call.  The foul called and then waived off at the buzzer absolutely impacted the outcome of the game. 

I'm just a fan now, no kids playing in this game and it was the worst of several very badly officiated games in the tournament, and I watched 16 or so of the games....  I realize 1A gets the last pick of officials, but its gotten ridiculous.  I couldn't count how many times referees made conflicting calls during this week.

Hogs2018

Lujk246

4 seconds left
ICC 50
MVE 48
TO ICC, MVE at the line for one more

Lujk246

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: bscinar on March 03, 2018, 02:49:34 pm
  Bay couldn't play defense - and if calls were anywhere close to equal, Bay doesn't turn the ball over.  One kid got tackled to the floor and landed on while shooting a 3 and there was no call.  The foul called and then waived off at the buzzer absolutely impacted the outcome of the game. 

I'm just a fan now, no kids playing in this game and it was the worst of several very badly officiated games in the tournament, and I watched 16 or so of the games....  I realize 1A gets the last pick of officials, but its gotten ridiculous.  I couldn't count how many times referees made conflicting calls during this week.
Bay fans just can't take getting beat! Wow

thebigman3

So... what your saying is the refs made Bay turn the ball over?

noties

Unfortunately the officiating is something a team can not control. However..  a team can make an effort to adjust to the officiating. That's something that I don't think Bay did very well throughout the game. When you have two or three starters with 2+ fouls in the first half, they should be able to realize how they refs are going to be calling and adjust for that.

D6Bound

if it makes you feel better, if it wasn't for the Jonesboro crew at Armorel that was completely one-sided against ICC, you guys wouldn't have had to worry about officiating playing against Kirby

not so slim shady

I've been real impressed with the number of coaching legends that have have graced us at devil dog arena. You've got Lynn "the master of the match up" Harris, "Precious " Paul Noesseur, Warren "I'm at the next level coaching college ball" Bane, Tommy "Frog" Reed, Lindell "The Legend" Martin, Jim "are you a rookie referee" Binam. The list goes on and on. Time for Norfork and Wonderview and then The Godfather versus the legend. But first a butterfinger blast from sonic. Let's get it on.

D6Bound

Final Score prediction...
Norfork 68
Wonderview 62

Lujk246

Motownsportsfan

Hogs2018

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 04:02:00 pm
if it makes you feel better, if it wasn't for the Jonesboro crew at Armorel that was completely one-sided against ICC, you guys wouldn't have had to worry about officiating playing against Kirby
Right lol. Can't help it that you got beat by a crappy Bay team in a down year. Good luck in the finals though, don't get all the way there and then lose because that'd be the most ICC thing you could do. Lol

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 06:42:32 pm #77 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:45:28 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Hogs2018 on March 03, 2018, 06:34:56 pm
Right lol. Can't help it that you got beat by a crappy Bay team in a down year. Good luck in the finals though, don't get all the way there and then lose because that'd be the most ICC thing you could do. Lol
yeah from the looks of your teams in the future you'll be having a lot of "down years" coming up. Enjoy watching ICC in the finals while you sit home and complain about how you have a down year every time you get beat or blame the refs, cuz that'll be the most Bay thing you can do. Lol

Lujk246

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: not so slim shady on March 03, 2018, 05:03:34 pm
I've been real impressed with the number of coaching legends that have have graced us at devil dog arena. You've got Lynn "the master of the match up" Harris, "Precious " Paul Noesseur, Warren "I'm at the next level coaching college ball" Bane, Tommy "Frog" Reed, Lindell "The Legend" Martin, Jim "are you a rookie referee" Binam. The list goes on and on. Time for Norfork and Wonderview and then The Godfather versus the legend. But first a butterfinger blast from sonic. Let's get it on.
Making a finals promo

Hogs2018

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 06:42:32 pm
yeah from the looks of your teams in the future you'll be having a lot of "down years" coming up. Enjoy watching ICC in the finals while you sit home and complain about how you have a down year every time you get beat or blame the refs, cuz that'll be the most Bay thing you can do. Lol
A boys basketball in general is trash. Icc is trash. Lol in years past this ICC team would have big troubles getting to the state tournament. Before you speak to me, win a ring first chump. Something you haven't done since your coach last played 😂

officialvsfan

So many haters on here.  Everyone should just enjoy what these kids are doing in the current year. 

D6Bound

Quote from: Hogs2018 on March 03, 2018, 06:54:28 pm
A boys basketball in general is trash. Icc is trash. Lol in years past this ICC team would have big troubles getting to the state tournament. Before you speak to me, win a ring first chump. Something you haven't done since your coach last played 😂
is this TheChosen1's burner account? You sound awfully familiar to him ::)

D6Bound

Quote from: Hogs2018 on March 03, 2018, 06:54:28 pm
but it's whatever, just make sure the baseball bats are clean and ready for practice next week ;)

Motownsportsfan

J.D.

Quote from: officialvsfan on March 03, 2018, 06:59:09 pm
So many haters on here.  Everyone should just enjoy what these kids are doing in the current year.

Nope. No way is that possible.  Instead, let's be titty babies about officials or what side of the bracket team A, B, and C are on.

Most people on here have their heads shoved so far up their hypocritical as ses, that they can't just stop for two seconds and enjoy what these teenagers were able to accomplish throughout the season. They would rather use their time to pointlessly complain and run down other team's success.

riccoar

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 07:01:38 pm
but it's whatever, just make sure the baseball bats are clean and ready for practice next week ;)
Bay is moving to 2A next year.

J.D.

noties

Wonderview came out swinging & never quit. Norfork can't buy a shot in the arena tonight. It was the wrong night to have a cold shooting performance.

J.D.

Wonderview - 64

Norfork - 44

Final.

Flobbito

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 03, 2018, 01:46:03 pm

Everybody keeps saying this, yet no one had an easier road to the semi's than Norfork. The first good team they play and they lose by 20.  Hmmm.

Flobbito

Hats off to ICC, they were good sports and have a good team. Their two best today were #42 and #25 a sophomore and freshman, respectively. The difference in this one to me was #25, we just didn't have someone who was quick and tall enough to match up with him. They will be a good team for a while with those two.

Hogs2018

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 06:59:35 pm
is this TheChosen1's burner account? You sound awfully familiar to him ::)
Close but no cigar!!! Lol no I am new to FF so nice try but def not :)

D6Bound

Quote from: Flobbito on March 03, 2018, 07:32:39 pm
Hats off to ICC, they were good sports and have a good team. Their two best today were #42 and #25 a sophomore and freshman, respectively. The difference in this one to me was #25, we just didn't have someone who was quick and tall enough to match up with him. They will be a good team for a while with those two.
MVE was a great team. I didn't realize how well they could shoot the ball but man, they could fill it up. It was a great game all around. Good luck to you guys in the coming years.

D6Bound

Western grove is looking LEGIT tonight

J.D.

Western Grove - 33

Guy-Perkins - 20

Half

D6Bound

Quote from: Hogs2018 on March 03, 2018, 07:49:27 pm
Close but no cigar!!! Lol no I am new to FF so nice try but def not :)
okay TheChosen2, you're in the wrong thread because like the other guy said Bay is in 2A, you won't have to worry about "trash" competition in that classification, You'll meet some REAL competition when you go against Earle every year.   :o

Have fun!

riccoar

Big props J.D. for bringing the scores. Been much appreciated

D6Bound

Congratulations to WV girls as well, they played great tonight.

Lujk246

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 08:05:45 pm
okay TheChosen2, you're in the wrong thread because like the other guy said Bay is in 2A, you won't have to worry about "trash" competition in that classification, You'll meet some REAL competition when you go against Earle every year.   :o

Have fun!
Bay played Earle this year at Earle and only lost by 1..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas