• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Regional @ Lonoke

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 17, 2018, 10:10:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FastBreak12

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 23, 2018, 08:20:50 pm
Yeah these games don't mean much. Especially for Westside bc they like to shoot at Brookland gym.
From what I saw tonight, Westside is going to need more than just shooting. Both games in regionals they've struggled with the physicality of ESTEM and Southside tonight. Very few guys look to rebound and they were simply outmatched on the inside. Just looks like they're  going to have to find some toughness if they plan on making a run at state.

Bulldog92

Can someone update the girls bracket for us??  Thanks.

FastBreak12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 23, 2018, 09:16:23 pm
Can someone update the girls bracket for us??  Thanks.
Finals:
CAC vs Riverview

3rd place game:
Lonoke vs ESTEM

Bulldog92

LRRandy

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 23, 2018, 08:20:50 pm
Yeah these games don't mean much. Especially for Westside bc they like to shoot at Brookland gym.
their shooting is what might be problematic for them. Having watched two games I can't get over the odd shooting form of Westsides players. Their top shooters all have unorthodox shots. While they can get hot and obviously can fill it up quite often it's that very irregularity that will cost them a chance to win a championship. I saw air balls ( along with several makes) these last two games I watched. When any adversity comes be it tough defense, fatigue ( Westside only played 6 players when it counts) or tight game, a true form is needed to be able to consistently knock down clutch shots. I see this as young men that learned those shooting techniques at a young age and found success in elementary and junior high and were not made to correct their poor form because quite frankly they can get the ball in the basket so why change. However, it will be that very thing that will cost them. Just my opinion.

LRRandy

February 24, 2018, 08:28:38 am #105 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:33:00 am by LRRandy
Two games, two 20+ point wins. Baptist Prep pulls away from an athletic Riverview team that was fresh off sending Brookland home for the season. I have to give a big shout out to James Renshaw for his game last night. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure his 18 points is a career high. Without knowing the actual number I saw him grab many rebounds and will assume he had a double double. James has always been an effort player ( like many on the Baptist Prep team) that knows what his role is and executes it at a very high level. Great game James.

Isaac continues to lead. He has scored 30 and 31 in the first two regional games. He is such a pure shooter and so strong with the ball on the bounce. His offensive game is so outstanding  his defense I think gets overlooked. He is a great on ball defender with the quickness to stay in front of anyone. Anyone.

James Singleton is an athletically strong, quick big that can slash to the basket with good moves and has a nice touch from mid range in. Our two bigs ( I call them the James gang) will have their hands full again against  Batesville Southside but they are both strong hustle players that won't back down from the talented foreign exchange student.

This Baptist team can't be pressed. While no longer having a 7'3" safety valve to throw to over everyone there are 4 really good ball handlers. Isaac, Javion, Karson and Daniel can break a press on the dribble and have the calm confidence to pass through double teams.

How to defend this team is the issue. Isaac, Karson, Brooks, and Daniel are highly proficient from 3 and Javion, Isaac Brooks and James S can get to and finish at the basket. Choose your poison when your back is to your basket defending  against this team.

FastBreak12

Spot on Randy. Baptist looks strong and knows how to play team ball. Seems like a different player steps up each night and they get contributions from everyone. Definitely difficult to guard a team with so many weapons.

FastBreak12

LRRandy

Quote from: FastBreak12 on February 24, 2018, 01:45:34 pm
Lonoke 51
ESTEM 50
Final
ok. Good for Lonoke. I must say that outcome surprises me a little bit.

J12

Westside up 45-30 on Riverview at the half.

prHOG13

February 24, 2018, 02:52:31 pm #110 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:54:12 pm by prHOG13
Pea Ridge beats Booneville 42-40 to secure the 3 seed. Booneville the 4 seed

Whoops, wrong thread

FastBreak12

LRRandy

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 24, 2018, 02:52:31 pm
Pea Ridge beats Booneville 42-40 to secure the 3 seed. Booneville the 4 seed

Whoops, wrong thread
that means PRidge plays Baptist Prep (or Batesville Southside) if they win on Wednesday.

Livewire

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 03:56:24 pm
that means PRidge plays Baptist Prep (or Batesville Southside) if they win on Wednesday.

Wow! Can't believe LRRandy even suggested that Southside might win. Even if it was an afterthought and was put in parentheses. 😉Lol

J12

How in the world did Baptist Prep lose tonight?

Greatdane6

Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2018, 09:14:18 pm
WHATTTTTTTT HAPPEN IN LONOKE

RamblinRazorWreck

Are you guys telling me that private school kids aren't superhuman?  ;)

Ladyfan

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 24, 2018, 09:25:41 pm
WHATTTTTTTT HAPPEN IN LONOKE

First of all, I didn't have a dog in the fight. I thought it was a good game as long as you could ignore the fans for one of the teams. Whew!

Tensions were high between both teams. It was tied with 1.5 seconds left and BP player fouled sending SS to the free throw line.

prHOG13

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 03:56:24 pm
We've hit 17 threes in a game twice this season. We would need a game like that to get us over the top this time.

FastBreak12

February 24, 2018, 10:07:13 pm #119 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:09:13 pm by FastBreak12
Quote from: Ladyfan on February 24, 2018, 09:48:14 pm
First of all, I didn't have a dog in the fight. I thought it was a good game as long as you could ignore the fans for one of the teams. Whew!

Tensions were high between both teams. It was tied with 1.5 seconds left and BP player fouled sending SS to the free throw line.
A foul called 96 feet from the basket. Hate to say but the game should have been decided in overtime rather than by the official.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2018, 09:14:18 pm
a good game by 2 good teams. Back and forth both teams having and extending leads but never up by more than 6. One point Baptist Prep lead at half Batesville SS came out and took control leading much of the third and fourth quarter. Momentum seemed to change in Baptists favor with the press,  turning BSS over a few times and then getting a few key blocks on the defensive end. It was tight for the last few minutes. Baptist Prep took the lead with under a minute to play and BSS appeared to be holding the ball for the last shot with 33 seconds left. At 9 seconds there was a five second call and Baptist had the ball. We had a shot ( a long 3) with around 4 seconds that missed # 32 rebounded the ball ( I thought he skipped when he came down) and passed the ball to # 20. A fouls was called  93 feet from the basket with 1.5 seconds left. The free throw was made to win the game.

I'm guessing your question as rhetorical but I thought I would give you a synopsis of the how Baptist lost.

Credit to BSS. They played tough D. The big man had a good game but did not dominate. I thought the James gang played him tough but he is a really good player and a difference maker. #32 was held mostly in check but he did have a huge 3 in the fourth quarter.

I felt our guys played a little tight. Credit to the 3-2 zone that BSS plays so well.

Congrats to BSS on the regional championship. I hope we get a rubber match in Hot Springs.

J12

eamo8911

Quote from: ajhop on February 25, 2018, 10:07:37 am
If I'm not mistaking, I believe you have to broadcast so many regular season games before you can broadcast post-season.

And the school in question broadcasts all home games on their website using YouTube.

LRRandy

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 19, 2018, 01:33:42 pm
Don't come in here and try to be the voice of reason. I have a feeling the East will realize a few things once state is upon us.
4 of the last 6 teams left are from the East region. I think they realize it's lonely at the top

Livewire

After tonight I think we will be looking at a repeat of the East Regional semifinal bracket.
Riverview will need to show up to play to make it happen. Baptist Prep should enjoy a nice scrimmage game.

Sigmund Sauer

March 02, 2018, 08:44:11 am #125 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:46:10 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Livewire on March 02, 2018, 08:27:00 am
After tonight I think we will be looking at a repeat of the East Regional semifinal bracket.
Riverview will need to show up to play to make it happen. Baptist Prep should enjoy a nice scrimmage game.

A quick look at the common opponent suggests that won't happen, I realize it's tourney time and season games are out the door, but that common opponent, Two Rivers beat Riverview but was destroyed by Pottsville both times.

Pottsville 73 Two Rivers 44
Pottsville 60 Two Rivers 36

Cleared the bench both games

Riverview 50 Two Rivers 55

Livewire

You could be right. I've not been able to actually see Pottsville play.  I'm basing my opinion on their opponents. Looks to me like they have had an easy schedule, whereas Riverview has ran the East gauntlet.
Should be interesting!

Livewire

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 19, 2018, 01:33:42 pm
Don't come in here and try to be the voice of reason. I have a feeling the East will realize a few things once state is upon us.

You were 100% correct! We realized that what we have been saying all year is true. The state champions will come from the East Region! And the runner up and the 3rd place team and 4th place team...

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on February 23, 2018, 11:35:44 pm
their shooting is what might be problematic for them. Having watched two games I can't get over the odd shooting form of Westsides players. Their top shooters all have unorthodox shots. While they can get hot and obviously can fill it up quite often it's that very irregularity that will cost them a chance to win a championship. I saw air balls ( along with several makes) these last two games I watched. When any adversity comes be it tough defense, fatigue ( Westside only played 6 players when it counts) or tight game, a true form is needed to be able to consistently knock down clutch shots. I see this as young men that learned those shooting techniques at a young age and found success in elementary and junior high and were not made to correct their poor form because quite frankly they can get the ball in the basket so why change. However, it will be that very thing that will cost them. Just my opinion.
I was right. I posted this after watching them play 2 games in regional. It's a credit to the Westside players that they made it so far. They did have a great season. Getting to the state championship game is an accomplishment they will remember. Baptist played great defense. Westside shots weren't falling much when they did get open looks and Baptist defense limited the catch and shoot oportunities by covering the floor so well.

The defense limiting Westside was a key but the ease with which the James gang combined to score 34 points kind of surprised me. The inside was wide open for bunnies after a Baptist guard would penetrate and dish off. Time and time and time again.

I saw a basketball team dominate a bunch of shooters that might now understand why they should have changed their shooting form in 8th grade.

The game really wasn't competitive.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2018, 10:00:39 pm
I was right. I posted this after watching them play 2 games in regional. It's a credit to the Westside players that they made it so far. They did have a great season. Getting to the state championship game is an accomplishment they will remember. Baptist played great defense. Westside shots weren't falling much when they did get open looks and Baptist defense limited the catch and shoot oportunities by covering the floor so well.

The defense limiting Westside was a key but the ease with which the James gang combined to score 34 points kind of surprised me. The inside was wide open for bunnies after a Baptist guard would penetrate and dish off. Time and time and time again.

I saw a basketball team dominate a bunch of shooters that might now understand why they should have changed their shooting form in 8th grade.

The game really wasn't competitive.

You really are a treat man. Congrats on coming to a message board to crap all over HS kids. One of the biggest tools I've seen poston all of social media.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:03:42 pm
You really are a treat man. Congrats on coming to a message board to crap all over HS kids. One of the biggest tools I've seen poston all of social media.
you owe me a dictionary.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2018, 10:07:13 pm
you owe me a dictionary.

It's sad man. Hats off to Prep but you are awful.

J12

Westside among other teams put in a lot of work everyday. It's sad to see kayboard warriors like Randy try to take away hard work and dedication, then to call out coaching, is truly unbelievable. This message board is fun, but people like him truly take away from it all. Celebrate the kids and hardworks and leave it up to 40 year olds, who I'm sure never got off the bench, to come crap all over it.

J12

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:13:46 pm
Westside among other teams put in a lot of work everyday. It's sad to see keyboard warriors like Randy try to take away hard work and dedication, then to call out coaching, is truly unbelievable. This message board is fun, but people like him truly take away from it all. Celebrate the kids and hardworks and leave it up to 40 year olds, who I'm sure never got off the bench, to come crap all over it.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:03:42 pm
so you posting that Baptist Prep's supporting players were inferior to the players that surround #10 ( a take that has been proven wrong) is different than me analyzing the dysfunctional shooting forms of those players you said were superior? I gave an opinion on basketball fundementals and how it would effect your team. I was right. You don't like it.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2018, 10:15:50 pm
so you posting that Baptist Prep's supporting players were inferior to the players that surround #10 ( a take that has been proven wrong) is different than me analyzing the dysfunctional shooting forms of those players you said were superior? I gave an opinion on basketball fundementals and how it would effect your team. I was right. You don't like it.

I never said that bro. I've always said Prep was the odds on favorite. Get your facts right before you type. I was the first to congratulate McBride and Prep. You seriously are a trip haha. "All in fun" or not, you need to grow up.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:13:46 pm
Westside among other teams put in a lot of work everyday. It's sad to see kayboard warriors like Randy try to take away hard work and dedication, then to call out coaching, is truly unbelievable. This message board is fun, but people like him truly take away from it all. Celebrate the kids and hardworks and leave it up to 40 year olds, who I'm sure never got off the bench, to come crap all over it.
are you happy with the way your coach had that team prepared to play? I didn't take anything away from anyone's hard work and dedication. I congratulated them on making it to the championship game. I posted three weeks ago my opinion on why they wouldn't win a championship. I was right. Your wounds are a little raw right now. Might want to log off.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2018, 10:21:43 pm
are you happy with the way your coach had that team prepared to play? I didn't take anything away from anyone's hard work and dedication. I congratulated them on making it to the championship game. I posted three weeks ago my opinion on why they wouldn't win a championship. I was right. Your wounds are a little raw right now. Might want to log off.

Coach Whitmire had his guys ready. We were beat by a better team & I'll log off whenever I please.  It takes a special person to over & over dog high school kids. But, again, you've proven up to the challenge. Congrats.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas