• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District Tournament Sites/ Brackets/ Schedules

Started by C.P. FAN, February 05, 2018, 04:38:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Last night of the 3A-1 West:

3rd Place Girls - Greenland beat Cedarville 58-54

3rd Place Boys - Cedarville beat Mansfield boys by 30ish

Championship Girls - Charleston beat Elkins 51-36

Championship Boys - Charleston beat Elkins 65-60

Regional Seedings at Two Rivers:

Girls
1. Charleston
2. Elkins
3. Greenland
4. Cedarville

Boys
1. Charleston
2. Elkins
3. Cedarville
4. Mansfield

YSpanther

Quote from: vstigerz on February 15, 2018, 02:16:03 pm
Valley Springs may have taken Bergman lightly, but I think the difference was the guys played with a new energy and  the addition of Elijah Royce. It should be Bergman playing against Yellville-Summit tonight and anyone who was at the game Tuesday night or who has viewed the video knows that.
Who were the officials on Tuesday? The Fayetteville crew from Monday's games? Or the local guys working tonight?

Valley shot lights out at times tonight and YS turned the ball over too many times against the press.  But color me unimpressed with that local officiating crew, especially in the first quarter.  I was equally unimpressed earlier in the year.  That kind of help will not be available at the regional next week. The 1-2 game will be interesting Saturday.  Does anyone know the score on the Clinton-Marshall boys game?

Bergman1820

Quote from: YSpanther on February 16, 2018, 01:05:52 am
Who were the officials on Tuesday? The Fayetteville crew from Monday's games? Or the local guys working tonight?

Valley shot lights out at times tonight and YS turned the ball over too many times against the press.  But color me unimpressed with that local officiating crew, especially in the first quarter.  I was equally unimpressed earlier in the year.  That kind of help will not be available at the regional next week. The 1-2 game will be interesting Saturday.  Does anyone know the score on the Clinton-Marshall boys game?

Marshall 48
Clinton 67 Final

YSpanther

drybones

How did the Marshall/Yellville games go during regular season?

Bergman1820

Quote from: drybones on February 16, 2018, 08:05:27 am

11/18/17   Marshall   YHS (W)   52-51
12/19/17   YHS   Marshall (W)   63-51
2/1/18   Marshall   YHS (W)   77-48

YSpanther

Quote from: drybones on February 16, 2018, 08:05:27 am
Like Tigerz said, Yellville-Summit won on a last second shot in a tournament in Flippin early.  Marshall got some revenge on their home court, playing very well in a rough kind of game, where a lot of inside play was allowed, but they were shooting well and playing very well.  Probably Yellville's lowest stretch in the season during a losing skid before they started playing better defense and playing better as a team.  The last game was one of those where Marshall couldn't hit anything and Yellville couldn't miss and fed off of that to play hard beginning to end and created that lopsided score that actually was worse before all the backups were in for a bit at the end.  I personally think that if both teams bring their A game and the game is officiated consistently Yellville is 5 to 10 points better.  But if they don't come to play, sulking after Thursday's game, then Marshall can give them more than enough to beat them, like they did to Valley about a month ago.  Then again that game was played at Marshall.

BB4Life

I was at smackover last night watching the district championship games and noticed there were no conference trophies awarded.  I know this has been done on the past at district tournament.  Just wondering.

drybones

BB4Life

I believe there were blended conferences last year and i remeber them being handed out.   who is responsible for getting them. The AAA or the tournament host???

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: BB4Life on February 17, 2018, 10:59:53 am
I believe there were blended conferences last year and i remeber them being handed out.   who is responsible for getting them. The AAA or the tournament host???
I wonder if they labeled them incorrectly again so they decided to send them back. Last year the 8-3A trophies said 8-2A

Ru96gg

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas