• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Melbourne Sr. Girls

Started by Sparklemoon, January 30, 2018, 10:17:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparklemoon

Been following these girls all year, theyre clicking on all cylinders!  A fun team to watch!

football king

eamo8911

Who's better in your opinion, Melbourne or Mountain View?  I haven't gotten to see either play this year.

Jump shot

RedWolf275

Quote from: football king on January 30, 2018, 12:37:30 pm
can they beat riverside?

Riverside beat Melbourne by 12 in the NEA tournament. Melbourne does have as good of a 9th grader as I've seen in a while.

LHHC

Quote from: Sparklemoon on January 30, 2018, 10:17:23 am
Been following these girls all year, theyre clicking on all cylinders!  A fun team to watch!

Can't say the same about their boys.  Saw them get thumped in the Izard County Tournament.  For being a football school, they sure let a 1a team beat the crap out of em.

eamo8911

Quote from: LHHC on January 30, 2018, 02:21:25 pm
Can't say the same about their boys.  Saw them get thumped in the Izard County Tournament.  For being a football school, they sure let a 1a team beat the crap out of em.

Well, they did get thumped by top-5 ICC @ ICC, whose two losses are 4A contender Batesville Southside and 3A EPC on an off night. ICC's Cooper is the best player in 1A right now and led them to the Final Four last year as a freshman, so I'd cut Melbourne a little slack for that game. (and that's very hard for me to do. old rivalries never die.)  Still not a great year for them though. 

Shifting back to girls ball, are Melbourne, MV, and Riverside in the same region?  Things could get mighty interesting toward the end of February if so.

baller334

I've seen all 3 quite a few times this year and Riverside is quite a bit better than Melbourne and I'd say 8 to 10 better than Mtn View.
As you all know anything can happen come tournament time and plus they are hosting Regionals.

The boys are not good at all bottom line!! EPC is not a 3A team, they are a mediocre 2A team at best and beat ICC by about 8 or 10. ICC will do fine in a low tier 1A division.

RedWolf275

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 30, 2018, 04:23:31 pm
Well, they did get thumped by top-5 ICC @ ICC, whose two losses are 4A contender Batesville Southside and 3A EPC on an off night. ICC's Cooper is the best player in 1A right now and led them to the Final Four last year as a freshman, so I'd cut Melbourne a little slack for that game. (and that's very hard for me to do. old rivalries never die.)  Still not a great year for them though. 

Shifting back to girls ball, are Melbourne, MV, and Riverside in the same region?  Things could get mighty interesting toward the end of February if so.

Yes, Melbourne, Mountain View and Riverside are in the same region along with Valley Springs and Hoxie.

Hitman Warrior23

That's A CRAZY stacked region!

BoxNOne

January 30, 2018, 09:05:11 pm #10 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:06:57 pm by BoxNOne
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 30, 2018, 07:23:17 pm
That's A CRAZY stacked region!

No doubt about that! At least one of those five teams Mentioned above won't make state tournament. As for Melbourne girls they are a solid group with one really good player. They hung in with Riverside for three quarters but wore down in the 4th.

Sparklemoon

January 31, 2018, 12:04:50 pm #11 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:08:18 pm by Sparklemoon
Speaking of the IC tourney.  Ive heard the officiating was crooked.

no mascot

All of those teams that were mentioned earlier outside of perhaps mtn view have lost to 1a teams this year. Idk if mtn view has played any of the top 1a schools.

LHHC

January 31, 2018, 08:27:44 pm #13 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:01:04 pm by LHHC

According to all the "brass" from Melbourne they were screwed.  If you get beat by 22 by a 1a school and that team has one of their worst shooting performances of the year, you should be feeling pretty lucky your tough football school boys were even in the game in the 2nd quarter.

eamo8911

Of course Melbourne was "screwed" @ ICC. Old rivalries never die. ICC would probably say the same thing if the roles and location were reversed.  But, i still wish they played every year in regular season, and in Melbourne's old gym. I'll never forget that atmosphere   and that stupid huddle thing the Melbourne boys did back in the Davidson days. Anyone know where those two boys are now?

eamo8911

What 1A school did riverside lose to?

RedWolf275

Bay girls by 1 in NEA. Riverside beat Bay by 10 and 12 the other two games.

zebra73

Hitman Warrior23

To me Early Season  and holiday break losses or wins,  hold very little Water.  If you're a good coach your looking to peak right about 1 to 2 weeks from now, can't afford to learn many lessons in the state tourney or any tourney really!

no mascot

Lots of excuses being tossed out all of a sudden!

emceedd

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 31, 2018, 08:56:21 pm
Of course Melbourne was "screwed" @ ICC. Old rivalries never die. ICC would probably say the same thing if the roles and location were reversed.  But, i still wish they played every year in regular season, and in Melbourne's old gym. I'll never forget that atmosphere   and that stupid huddle thing the Melbourne boys did back in the Davidson days. Anyone know where those two boys are now?

Been a few years, last I heard Patrick was in Colorado and Jordan I think was in New York

ballmember

Like Melbourne over Mtn View girls although i think Mtn View has the most talent.   Melbourne small .  Coaching should play a big role in this matchup. 

TruthHurts

Melbourne Sr Girls about to get stronger when the other two 9th graders move up.

Bluekatz12

Heard there were gonna be some last minute changes to the district bracket. Something about some ineligible players???

TruthHurts

Beware of Fake News generated from the HQ's of the  Brockwell News Network.

ISU7

Quote from: LHHC on January 31, 2018, 08:27:44 pm
According to all the "brass" from Melbourne they were screwed.  If you get beat by 22 by a 1a school and that team has one of their worst shooting performances of the year, you should be feeling pretty lucky your tough football school boys were even in the game in the 2nd quarter.
This isn't football or Melbourne would crush IC😂

LHHC

February 12, 2018, 10:49:54 pm #26 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:52:09 pm by LHHC

Louise79

Quote from: eamo8911 on January 30, 2018, 12:53:46 pm
Who's better in your opinion, Melbourne or Mountain View?  I haven't gotten to see either play this year.

Mtn View..... that was definitely proven in their District final.....MV Mercy Ruled them, Melbourne was in SHOCK!
Melbourne is not a bad team, but MV blended conference had tougher teams that MV had to play, making them even better in the long run. Plus MV just has more talent as a whole team.

eamo8911

Quote from: Louise79 on February 18, 2018, 10:12:13 pm
Mtn View..... that was definitely proven in their District final.....MV Mercy Ruled them, Melbourne was in SHOCK!
Melbourne is not a bad team, but MV blended conference had tougher teams that MV had to play, making them even better in the long run. Plus MV just has more talent as a whole team.

Yeah, was not expecting that at all.  Now, the question is MV or Riverside?  Riverside only beat Melbourne by 12 in the NEA.  Was Riverside not with it during that game? Was Melbourne just not with it Saturday, or is MV gonna steam roll the #1?  Can't wait to see.  Of course, MV has to get past Hoxie first, who I hear is pretty salty.

RedWolf275

If Mt View is the real deal, they should have no problem with Hoxie. Riverside has handled them easily twice.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 19, 2018, 10:39:33 am
If Mt View is the real deal, they should have no problem with Hoxie. Riverside has handled them easily twice.

That MTN View game vs Two Rivers was a dandy. 

RedWolf275

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 19, 2018, 11:39:44 am
That MTN View game vs Two Rivers was a dandy.

3A has several good girls teams. Going to be some good regional and state matchups!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas