• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference 2018

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, January 04, 2018, 08:49:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Thoughts on Preseason rankings? Thoughts on this years teams?
Tell us about your team and what they have coming back, your impact players!!!  56 days until our first game day!!!!

MrBackup10

Pocahontas is returning Jaden Young who hit .507 last season. They return Matthew Waymon who was a big impact pitcher and can touch upper 80s. They have a very talented freshmen class that will make a big impact. Of course Chester will be moving up to high school ball and will probably be at the near the top of pitching rotation and bat 2nd or 3rd. Another player I expect to have a breakout year is Jackson Nichols. Kid struck out a lot last regular season but figured it out in extended ball and hit .552 I believe.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MrBackup10 on January 05, 2018, 09:28:27 am
Pocahontas is returning Jaden Young who hit .507 last season. They return Matthew Waymon who was a big impact pitcher and can touch upper 80s. They have a very talented freshmen class that will make a big impact. Of course Chester will be moving up to high school ball and will probably be at the near the top of pitching rotation and bat 2nd or 3rd. Another player I expect to have a breakout year is Jackson Nichols. Kid struck out a lot last regular season but figured it out in extended ball and hit .552 I believe.

I liked the Waymon kid, I thought he did a good job last year. Would you say he is probably your number 1?

TruthHurts

1. Walnut Ridge - Cole Manning
2. Corning - SilberStein
3. Pokey - Dawson Chester
4. Melbourne - Andrew Pitts, Dylan Reynolds
5. CC - Hunter Wojeck
6. Highland - Tristan Trivett, Rhett Carter, Samuel Stowers
7. Piggott
8. Hoxie

MrBackup10

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 05, 2018, 11:23:18 am
I liked the Waymon kid, I thought he did a good job last year. Would you say he is probably your number 1?
I would say so

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MrBackup10 on January 05, 2018, 12:42:13 pm
I would say so

Chester sounds familiar, did he play football for Pokey  jr high

MrBackup10

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 05, 2018, 02:12:40 pm
Chester sounds familiar, did he play football for Pokey  jr high
Yes, he was the QB.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

January 06, 2018, 01:25:12 pm #8 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:11:05 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Gosnell- Andy Roberts - Crowder CC  commit
Westside- Avery Felts , Dylan Schwarz
Riverside- Izzy Garcia
Harrisburg- Zack Biggers
Manila- Michael Jorganson
Trumann-
Rivercrest-
Osceola-

ChokeNPoke

Riverside has a lefty that is hard to hit! He shut down Clinton who was supposed to have been pretty good with the bats and a 3a powerhouse year in and year out, Genoa Central in the post season last year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on January 07, 2018, 09:17:17 pm
Riverside has a lefty that is hard to hit! He shut down Clinton who was supposed to have been pretty good with the bats and a 3a powerhouse year in and year out, Genoa Central in the post season last year.

McClure has always been a solid pitcher , is he going to be the rebels ace?

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 07, 2018, 09:24:57 pm
McClure has always been a solid pitcher , is he going to be the rebels ace?
I would say so. He was the number 2 last year behind Gavin Stone. I'm hoping they have some kids step up after a big group of starters graduating.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on January 08, 2018, 09:49:57 pm
I would say so. He was the number 2 last year behind Gavin Stone. I'm hoping they have some kids step up after a big group of starters graduating.

Yes , The rebels lost how many starters?
Fraser will be tough to replace behind the plate

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 08, 2018, 10:48:27 pm
Yes , The rebels lost how many starters?
Fraser will be tough to replace behind the plate
Lost 6. When McClure pitches they will have a completely different outfield.

NEA Razorback olfan

For Brookland we are just the opposite, we we have a new infield. 
McClure getting any looks ?

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 09, 2018, 09:54:47 am
For Brookland we are just the opposite, we we have a new infield. 
McClure getting any looks ?
Not sure

NEA Razorback olfan

Who else pitches for Riverside?

ChokeNPoke

Dillon turner will have a lot of innings. Ryan Austin is a sophomore, he will end up being a dang good pitcher I believe. And after that I'm not real sure.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on January 10, 2018, 08:28:03 pm
Dillon turner will have a lot of innings. Ryan Austin is a sophomore, he will end up being a dang good pitcher I believe. And after that I'm not real sure.

Turner will do well, I haven't seen the Austin kid much.
Best of luck to the Rebels this coming season..except when they play Brookland..lol

ChokeNPoke

Thanks, I believe Brookland should be pretty salty this go around.

Nomad1324

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on January 11, 2018, 01:07:07 pm
Thanks, I believe Brookland should be pretty salty this go around.

Westside is still strong, Gosnell can't ever be counted out, Harrisburg has a lot of seniors coming back from a solid club, Highland was a young bunch last year, Pocahontas is probably going to be better.

Gonna be an interesting year, not just in this "conference" but NE Arkansas baseball in general.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Nomad1324 on January 11, 2018, 01:32:49 pm
Westside is still strong, Gosnell can't ever be counted out, Harrisburg has a lot of seniors coming back from a solid club, Highland was a young bunch last year, Pocahontas is probably going to be better.

Gonna be an interesting year, not just in this "conference" but NE Arkansas baseball in general.

I agree, I look forward to watching a lot of baseball !!
Nomad do you follow a particular team in the area?

Nomad1324

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 11, 2018, 02:48:23 pm
I agree, I look forward to watching a lot of baseball !!
Nomad do you follow a particular team in the area?

Not particularly. I love NEA sports, love to see kids do well.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 13, 2018, 12:05:16 pm #23 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:16:17 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Nomad1324 on January 12, 2018, 08:21:54 am
Not particularly. I love NEA sports, love to see kids do well.

I'm a big Brookland fan, but I love to watch some of the other talent in the Area as well.
I would say Brookland relies on Pitching and Defense, We have been a fairly young team the past few years. This is probably our biggest sr class. I really like some of our younger talent we have coming up also. With most of our starters returning I'm hoping to make a good run at State this year.
After watching Jr. Jake Algee pitch some this past summer , I am excited about him on the bump and at the plate as he led Brookland last year with a .382 BA. Our coaches work hard and do a good job at getting the best out of our players.

dirtbagger

Does anybody got any info on in the other teams in the conference

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to Brookland's Brandon Glenn for signing with Lyon College today!!

football king

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 05, 2018, 12:25:45 pm
1. Walnut Ridge - Cole Manning
2. Corning - SilberStein
3. Pokey - Dawson Chester
4. Melbourne - Andrew Pitts, Dylan Reynolds
5. CC - Hunter Wojeck
6. Highland - Tristan Trivett, Rhett Carter, Samuel Stowers
7. Piggott
8. Hoxie

Corning will win

LaFlamaBlanca55

Walnut Ridge always seems to be a baseball school with good baseball players, seems like they are in the hunt year in and year out, Melbourne has 16 parents as coaches and pitts and reynolds are ok if that coach doesnt throw their arms off. Highland will be better this year than last year, Cave City has a bunch of big ol young kids that are baseball players, look for them to turn it around in the next few years, Pokey always has athletes also, dont know much about new coach, hard to pick against the ridge at any level, cave city is my team to surprise some people in this division

GosnellBall

Gosnell has a young team. There are only 2 seniors and they are thenpitcher and catcher combo. But the rest r fairly young. If they can catch on quickly then it will be a good team. It will be interesting.

Quote from: Nomad1324 on January 11, 2018, 01:32:49 pm

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: GosnellBall on February 15, 2018, 09:51:18 pm
Gosnell has a young team. There are only 2 seniors and they are thenpitcher and catcher combo. But the rest r fairly young. If they can catch on quickly then it will be a good team. It will be interesting.

Roberts is an Ace , with him on the bump, Gosnell will be tough!!!
Great Kid!!!

GosnellBall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 15, 2018, 10:50:07 pm
Roberts is an Ace , with him on the bump, Gosnell will be tough!!!
Great Kid!!!

He will be the ace this year, but not sure who is going to follow him. We have a lot of pitchers that are young and not very experienced so it will be interesting.

I know u r from Brookland and you have a pretty tough team, we can't wait until we meet. It will be a good game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: GosnellBall on February 19, 2018, 08:11:37 pm

He will be the ace this year, but not sure who is going to follow him. We have a lot of pitchers that are young and not very experienced so it will be interesting.

I know u r from Brookland and you have a pretty tough team, we can't wait until we meet. It will be a good game.

Yes Sir, my son and Andy played on same fall Travel team last Fall.
Gosnell is always a tough game, looking forward to the start of season!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to Brookland's catcher Ben Robison for verbal commit to Northeast Oklahoma A&M (NEO)

NEA Razorback olfan

Gosnell at Brookland 3/6
This should be a great game!!
Gosnell is always tough!!  I'm sure Roberts will be on the bump for the Pirates!!!

GosnellBall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 04, 2018, 10:45:49 pm
Gosnell at Brookland 3/6
This should be a great game!!
Gosnell is always tough!!  I'm sure Roberts will be on the bump for the Pirates!!!

Roberts is supposed to start but has struggled a little in the last few games. We have only been on a field 2 times this season, and those times being a game. We have finally gotten some field time so we will see if that helps. Roberts is still brushing off the dust. But he is hoping to come out strong and throw as long as he can. This will be a good game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: GosnellBall on March 05, 2018, 05:35:52 pm
Roberts is supposed to start but has struggled a little in the last few games. We have only been on a field 2 times this season, and those times being a game. We have finally gotten some field time so we will see if that helps. Roberts is still brushing off the dust. But he is hoping to come out strong and throw as long as he can. This will be a good game.

I agree , this will be a good battle!!
We have a lot of room for improvement , Roberts will be fine, very talented player!!  Not sure on who will be on the bump for Brookland, probably Glenn or Jones.

TruthHurts

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on February 07, 2018, 12:11:23 pm
Walnut Ridge always seems to be a baseball school with good baseball players, seems like they are in the hunt year in and year out, Melbourne has 16 parents as coaches and pitts and reynolds are ok if that coach doesnt throw their arms off. Highland will be better this year than last year, Cave City has a bunch of big ol young kids that are baseball players, look for them to turn it around in the next few years, Pokey always has athletes also, dont know much about new coach, hard to pick against the ridge at any level, cave city is my team to surprise some people in this division

The Melbourne comment may be the most true thing I've seen on here.Melbourne's 16 Daddy Coaches is hilarious. Pitts can deal -  that part ain't no joke!

hhphc

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on February 07, 2018, 12:11:23 pm

Andrew Pitts coming off January Surgery, Not in form yet, 5 innings yesterday 13k 0 Runs, worth your time to see that kid pitch....

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: hhphc on March 06, 2018, 02:44:30 pm
Andrew Pitts coming off January Surgery, Not in form yet, 5 innings yesterday 13k 0 Runs, worth your time to see that kid pitch....

Sounds like he commands the strike zone well, what kind of surgery?
Best of luck to this young man !!

NEA Razorback olfan

3/6
Rivercrest 14
Trumann 4
F

Pocahontas 15
Hoxie 0
F

Highland 7
Walnut Ridge 5
F

Manila 19
Nettleton 9
F

Riverside 10
Harrisburg 3
F

TruthHurts

Walnut Ridge got a dose of Rhett Carter today. Melbourne got a heavy dose of the Bearded Wonder AKA Mr. Silberstein. Pokey cruised right over Hoxie. I would expect Dawson Chester to get his first start the next game they play. Highland may be a little better than I initially thought. Trivett/Stowers/Carter we knew were solid but they off to a hot start and Carter pitched a gem today.

TruthHurts

Did anybody go to the Manila/Nett game? Give us some details on what went on there today.

NEA Razorback olfan

March 06, 2018, 10:37:04 pm #42 Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:44:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: TruthHurts on March 06, 2018, 10:29:51 pm
Walnut Ridge got a dose of Rhett Carter today. Melbourne got a heavy dose of the Bearded Wonder AKA Mr. Silberstein. Pokey cruised right over Hoxie. I would expect Dawson Chester to get his first start the next game they play. Highland may be a little better than I initially thought. Trivett/Stowers/Carter we knew were solid but they off to a hot start and Carter pitched a gem today.

Thanks  for the recap , keep em coming!!
Appreciate the input!!

hhphc

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 06, 2018, 04:19:08 pm
Sounds like he commands the strike zone well, what kind of surgery?
Best of luck to this young man !!
I'm not sure, just know he was out of basketball due to surgery, obviously not his pitching shoulder!!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

TruthHurts

Walnut Ridge 5, Corning 2 Final

ballislife101

I really hope i'm wrong about this, but I feel like this is going to be a long season for Gosnell. Will be a learning experience for the youger ones.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: TruthHurts on March 07, 2018, 08:13:51 pm
Walnut Ridge 5, Corning 2 Final
Does Walnut Ridge have a good team this year?? I expected Corning to control that side! Congrats Walnut Ridge, quality win I would say!

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on March 08, 2018, 09:14:36 am
Does Walnut Ridge have a good team this year?? I expected Corning to control that side! Congrats Walnut Ridge, quality win I would say!
I know that they are traditionally always good but have missed the state tournament the past couple of years.

OB11

Quote from: ballislife101 on March 08, 2018, 08:34:28 am
I really hope i'm wrong about this, but I feel like this is going to be a long season for Gosnell. Will be a learning experience for the youger ones.

Doesn't get any easier today. Don't they have Jonesboro at their place?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas