• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brogdon Holiday Classic @Highland

Started by biglion1985, December 26, 2017, 05:46:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 30, 2017, 05:07:20 pm
I know nothing about the Memphis team, but I would guess this was a good effort by Manila.
They were just a tad athletic, should do nothing but help prepare us to reach our goals.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on December 30, 2017, 06:41:14 pm
They were just a tad athletic, should do nothing but help prepare us to reach our goals.

Congrats

ISU7

NEA Razorback olfan

Head Lion

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on December 30, 2017, 08:02:08 pm
In the Border Battle, they lost by 7 to Parkview and by 2 to LR Hall

Sounds like good games

boss85

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 27, 2017, 07:09:28 pm
I'd like to know WHY Rivercrest didn't play. I'm sure it'll come out soon though.
Rivercrest called the night before the tournament and backed out. The coach was reportedly unhappy with the hotel accommodations at the Days Inn of Hardy, which were provided by the tournament organizers free of charge. The tournament organizers deserved better than this from Rivercrest. Backing out at that late date is not cool. The colts missed out on a great tournament with outstanding competition. I guess a 20 point loss to Brooklyn s fun too though.😢😢😢😢😢😢

Head Lion

December 30, 2017, 10:10:49 pm #57 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:12:30 pm by Head Lion
It was a really good honor to Coach Brogdon. Bad Bay Mowers put close to $50k into the tournament for teams & scholarships. A great facility for watching games & everyone was very hospitable & were great host. The teams varied from average to top level 7A teams. The guarantee of games is what drew us. Plus I would give the sponsors & organizers & Highland Schools 2 thumbs up. We were invited to 5 holiday tournaments with guarantee of accommodations, meals, etc. Coach Wimbo made the right call for our program by going there, 4 games in 4 days is a lot like the grind of postseason. This was my experience being there 3 of 4 days & just my opinion of our situation.

luxora4life

Quote from: boss85 on December 30, 2017, 09:41:07 pm
Rivercrest called the night before the tournament and backed out. The coach was reportedly unhappy with the hotel accommodations at the Days Inn of Hardy, which were provided by the tournament organizers free of charge. The tournament organizers deserved better than this from Rivercrest. Backing out at that late date is not cool. The colts missed out on a great tournament with outstanding competition. I guess a 20 point loss to Brooklyn s fun too though.😢😢😢😢😢😢

I told you that there are two side to every story.  Since you put Highland side out here, I will go there..  As a parent of a player, I was told Rivercrest Coach was unhappy with the accommodations and when he expressed his concerns he was meet with racist remarks like:  your kids are from Wilson, they have been in worse.  Like I said, there are two side two every story, but just maybe both sides are telling the truth on this one.

HorseFeathers

So what were rivercrests concerns? The hotel has multiple good reviews on Trip advisor, and it's not like there is a whole lot to choose from in Hardy Arkansas...

BigLion10

Didn't have any rooms at the Hilton or Peabody left in Hardy??

BoxNOne

I have actually stayed at the Hardy Days Inn and found it to be quite nice. But I am not that particular about accomadations, especially if they are free..

NEA Razorback olfan

There is not many hotels to choose from in that area

luxora4life

December 31, 2017, 02:08:21 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 31, 2017, 12:18:24 pm
So what were rivercrests concerns? The hotel has multiple good reviews on Trip advisor, and it's not like there is a whole lot to choose from in Hardy Arkansas...

What ever they were , the coach decided to address them, but the response he got was the reason he pull his team.  Let not loose sight of " " your kids are from Wilson, they are use to worse"  part of the store.  That the reason he gave for pulling his team out of the tournament.  Try not to leave that part out of the hotel discussions.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: luxora4life on December 31, 2017, 02:08:21 pm
What ever that were , the coach decided to address them, but the response he got was the reason he pull his team.  Let not loose sight of " " your kids are from Wilson, they are use to worse"  part of the store.  That the reason he gave for pulling his team out of the tournament.  Try not to leave that part out of the hotel discussions.

It's all hearsay

luxora4life

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 31, 2017, 01:43:11 pm
I have actually stayed at the Hardy Days Inn and found it to be quite nice. But I am not that particular about accomadations, especially if they are free..

I agree.

Especially if they are free sound a lot better than.... they are from Wilson, they are use to worse. 

87DAWG

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 31, 2017, 02:22:46 pm
It's all hearsay
I live in the area and there are only 2 hotels left. Best Western on the 4 lane recently closed down. Also, why would they back out the day before the Tournament? Seems like if they had a concern they would of expressed concern earlier. Not asking for a response but that seems odd.....

Radiotalker

Quote from: luxora4life on December 31, 2017, 03:05:11 pm
I agree.

Especially if they are free sound a lot better than.... they are from Wilson, they are use to worse. 

Who made that comment,  the hotel or tournament officials?

luxora4life

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 31, 2017, 04:03:08 pm
Who made that comment,  the hotel or tournament officials?

I will repeat before I answer the question, that I understand there are two sides to every disagreements.  With that said, I was told the comment was made by the tournament director.

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 31, 2017, 12:18:24 pm

I think the issue was that most, if not all of the other teams in the tournament were in a different hotel and he wanted to know why they were the only team that had to stay in the other one. The tournament director then responded with the "where your kids are from, they have stayed in worse" comment.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 31, 2017, 07:02:50 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:06:11 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
So it sounds like the Rivercrest coach felt his team was disrespected by the tournament director by saying I'm sure your kids have stayed in worse, I know I have , but that's just me. I'm not sure what the coach was suspecting in The big town of Hardy, but I wasn't privileged to the whole conversation. My question would be did any other teams in this tournament stay at the Days Inn?
I agree the tournament Director should be respectful to all the teams and coaches. Sounds like there was a lot of teams that needed  rooms for players and parents.
Main problem is lodging in that Area , very nice arena but not many hotels

boss85

I don't know who the Rivercrest coach is. I don't know his name, age or experience. But a coach who would pull out of a 3 game guarantee tournament the night before either does not know how much problems this would cause, or just doesn't care. Months of planning. I still say this is not cool.

It sounds like the tournament official may not have chosen his words wisely, and the coach was overly sensitive or looking for a reason to get out.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 31, 2017, 07:29:11 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:31:28 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Sounds like a great tourney, ..Memphis teams, Har-Ber, Manila...
Estem ,  a lot if talented teams

Surprised Rivercrest wasn't in the NEA Tournament
I believe they usually are

boss85

By the way, let's everyone leave racism out of this. The people who worked so hard to put this tournament on, and the man for whom it is named are outstanding people who deserve respect. I saw young men of all races playing and competing with great passion, and fans and parents of all races sitting side by side to enjoy the games we love.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 31, 2017, 07:42:25 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:55:49 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: boss85 on December 31, 2017, 07:34:05 pm
By the way, let's everyone leave racism out of this. The people who worked so hard to put this tournament on, and the man for whom it is named are outstanding people who deserve respect. I saw young men of all races playing and competing with great passion, and fans and parents of all races sitting side by side to enjoy the games we love.

As we did at our Brookland tourney, it was great to have all the teams there, Monticello, Har -Ber,  Wynne, Baptist Prep, Nettleton..Paragould..all the fans where great !!
After Palestinian Wheatly lost to EPC in NEA Tournament first rd, Brookland invited them to come over and play a game and fed everyone pizza afterwards..  I helped carry them in ,so I know...
Too much hate in this world , this game should bring everyone together , players and fans !!

Happy New Years to all my friends on here!!

luxora4life

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 31, 2017, 07:02:50 pm
So it sounds like the Rivercrest coach felt his team was disrespected by the tournament director by saying I'm sure your kids have stayed in worse, I know I have , but that's just me. I'm not sure what the coach was suspecting in The big town of Hardy, but I wasn't privileged to the whole conversation. My question would be did any other teams in this tournament stay at the Days Inn?
I agree the tournament Director should be respectful to all the teams and coaches. Sounds like there was a lot of teams that needed  rooms for players and parents.
Main problem is lodging in that Area , very nice arena but not many hotels

Yes, two or three other teams did...

RedWolf275

Starting to sound like The Rivercrest coach just decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go. JMO.

boss85

January 01, 2018, 12:32:42 pm #78 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:34:46 pm by boss85
Quote from: luxora4life on January 01, 2018, 09:04:44 am
Wow! You two are amazingly funny.  :(
Not trying to be funny, just having a discussion with no agenda. If ANY team backed out at the last minute because of half the team being sick with the flu, or a personal tragedy within the team etc. I would understand. But to back out for the reason given is petty. In my opinion, Rivercrest didn't want to come and went looking for an excuse.

I'm sure you and I will not agree on this subject, and it sounds like your feelings are hurt. I just know how much work and how many hours, days and months of work go into the organization of an event like this. If Rivercrest puts on a tournament of this magnitude, I will come watch some games and criticize any team that backs out the night before.

NEA Razorback ol: I appreciate your many updates and your attitude on this board. It's refreshing.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: boss85 on January 01, 2018, 12:32:42 pm
Not trying to be funny, just having a discussion with no agenda. If ANY team backed out at the last minute because of half the team being sick with the flu, or a personal tragedy within the team etc. I would understand. But to back out for the reason given is petty. In my opinion, Rivercrest didn't want to come and went looking for an excuse.

I'm sure you and I will not agree on this subject, and it sounds like your feelings are hurt. I just know how much work and how many hours, days and months of work go into the organization of an event like this. If Rivercrest puts on a tournament of this magnitude, I will come watch some games and criticize any team that backs out the night before.

NEA Razorback ol: I appreciate your many updates and your attitude on this board. It's refreshing.

I have no ill will towards anyone, especially State Football  Champs Rivercrest Colts, I have met Lux, and ISU..wonderful people ....first rd of popcorn is on me at Brookland if they want!!

luxora4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 01, 2018, 01:17:10 pm
I have no ill will towards anyone, especially State Football  Champs Rivercrest Colts, I have met Lux, and ISU..wonderful people ....first rd of popcorn is on me at Brookland if they want!!

What we want and need is a win against Brookland, but I might have just accept the popcorn?   It will be a tall order for Crest.  Brook land is a very good team.  I was very impressed watching them in the NEA finals. 

luxora4life

Quote from: boss85 on January 01, 2018, 12:32:42 pm

;D

ISU7

January 02, 2018, 09:03:40 pm #82 Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:17:38 pm by ISU7
Quote from: boss85 on December 30, 2017, 09:41:07 pm
Rivercrest have no problem wth losing you can't win them all BTW we lost to a good team called Brookland, Colts didn't schedule Brooklyn NY this season.  Sorry😅😂😅😂😅

luxora4life

Quote from: rebelfan on January 02, 2018, 07:45:30 pm
I am from Highland and I heard none of this, and I sat right behind the Brogdon family. All I heard was they said the Rivercrest coach called and said they were not coming. If they gave a reason, or if the tournament director said something that made him mad it was never made known to any of the people I talked to. I know all of those involved in getting the tournament together and I do not believe any of them would have said what was reported on here that they said. I don't believe the part about the hotel wasn't good enough. They had not even been to it, unless it was some other time, and I don't think they were because they have never played anywhere around this area that I know of. If the tournament director did say something, he was replying to what the Rivercrest coach said the reason that weren't coming, if he even gave a reason. I am sure that they will never be invited again.  The same thing happened a few years ago at ICC, when Earle called and said they weren't coming back. They had already played that week. The story then was so many of their players were suspended they did not have enough to play.

:-\

UKWILDCATS

Just wanted to correct rebel fan on one thing, it was actually Hughes rather than Earle that didn't show up to play ICC in the Bad Boy Classic

biglion1985

Ok that last comment just made me confused lol

TruthHurts

The staff and volunteers went out of their way to make the teams, coaches, refs,  and guests comfortable and feel welcome.

ISU7

elvis26

:D no this tournament was over on dec the 30th. springdale-har-ber won the tournament by beating marion. springdale is coached by scott bowlin that used to be at greene co tech.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas