• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Charleston

Started by CHSTigersFan, November 17, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Charleston
36 (36.7%)
Osceola
55 (56.1%)
Who cares it's the Friday after Thanksgiving!
7 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

Hitman Warrior23

WPWells

I haven't seen many teams over the years get Charleston out of sorts like Osceola did last night. Congrats to the Noles. You earned it.

About the officiating, the one horrendous call was the PI on the jump ball. Other than that the officiating was fine. There's no such rule as targeting in high school. They called the 15-yard crack block and marked off the yards and that was correct enforcement. The officials were not the reason that Charleston lost at all.

BAMA#16

Quote from: WPWells on November 25, 2017, 09:43:56 am
I haven't seen many teams over the years get Charleston out of sorts like Osceola did last night. Congrats to the Noles. You earned it.

About the officiating, the one horrendous call was the PI on the jump ball. Other than that the officiating was fine. There's no such rule as targeting in high school. They called the 15-yard crack block and marked off the yards and that was correct enforcement. The officials were not the reason that Charleston lost at all.
I agree, CHS got outplayed, and Osceola dominated both lines of scrimmage.

Mr_Deb

teh29

Quote from: teh29 on November 18, 2017, 01:17:31 pm
Top to bottom.. Prescott has more team speed than Charleston.. And osceola had too many athletes and too much speed for prescott. The same will ring true against Charleston. Yes chuck is a very good team.. And have Playmakers that will make plays. They throw the ball more than prescott which may equal more success against osceola than prescott had. But at the end of the day.. Too much speed. This game goes alot like the prescott game went. Chuck keeps it a little closer with the passing game but come up short 34-20.

Well, I was close. Didn't get to attend myself, but from what I read and what I have been told, chuck shot itself in the foot with a couple turnovers. Im sure chuck will be a topic of discussion this time next year as usual.

teh29

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 11:05:44 am
What exactly has Charleston lived by this year that they won't be able to execute?  They have a good run game, they have a good short passing game, they have a good deep passing game, they have a good kicking game, and their special teams game is pretty successful as well. Hence their record. From a skill level, this is one of the most talented teams that has come through Charleston in a while.  But yes, I guess if the Noles can take away their ability to execute ALL of what they have lived by this year then Osceola just may get that W after all :o

A scoop and score on a blocked punt.. And an 80 yard TD pass on busted coverage.. That was the two times chuck got in the endzone.. It appears that osc def was able to neutralize the offense for the most part. Yes, like I said in my last post.. The turnovers were uncharacteristic of chuck.. And definitely hurt.. Turnovers always do. Snapping the ball over the punters head in the opponents red zone always hurts. Charleston also made two goal line stands that ended in two fgs instead of tds or the score of this one could have been even worse. But good teams make plays. Osceolas speed, size, and athletes just made more.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 24, 2017, 09:48:37 pm
Osceola has beat the state champion and runners-up in back to back weeks. Not bad.
But that's so last year.

FBGFDRUM

November 25, 2017, 06:04:53 pm #257 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:11:13 pm by FBGFDRUM
Quote from: WPWells on November 25, 2017, 09:43:56 am

Refs definitely didn't lose Charleston the game, Charleston lost Charleston the game. Our O-Line got demolished, we fumbled the ball in the endzone, we had a ball go flying over our punters head, and we just all around played like trash. But I still think that block should've had harsher consequences.

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2017, 04:03:02 am
They just can't take a lick. It wasn't helmet to helmet.  Played soft teams all year and looks what happens when they play a fast and good football team. 12-0 and you guys say osceola didn't have a chance and these guys only scored 14 points? Get out of here

I bet you were the guy in high school who always talked about how good he would've been if he had the grades to play football.

And it was definitely helmet-to-helmet. Earlier in the year I defended an even harder hit against SMF when everyone was calling that hit a H2H.

hoghelmet14

As an independent observer who was at the game.... I believe the game was lost for Charleston on the line of scrimmage.... Osceola defense drove Charleston back an average of two yards every play.... that killed the Charleston run game and the Charleston QB was running for his life almost  every play.  Charleston always has good teams.... I have watched them play 26 games...  last night was the first time I have ever seen them lose.  They beat us every year and I have been to several playoff games and 2 state championship games.... Charleston always has good teams... but this year they seemed to be off their game just a little.... and being off just a little this deep into the playoffs gets you beat.... Osceola was ever bit as tough and fast as advertised also...  feel free to correct me if I am wrong....

flow51

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 25, 2017, 06:08:04 pm
I bet you were the guy in high school who always talked about how good he would've been if he had the grades to play football.

And it was definitely helmet-to-helmet. Earlier in the year I defended an even harder hit against SMF when everyone was calling that hit a H2H.

No that inelegable player is on the team..... #3 from what I was told doesn't have a high enough GPA per AAA.  But I dunno....  ???

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 25, 2017, 07:56:27 pm
As an independent observer who was at the game.... I believe the game was lost for Charleston on the line of scrimmage.... Osceola defense drove Charleston back an average of two yards every play.... that killed the Charleston run game and the Charleston QB was running for his life almost  every play.  Charleston always has good teams.... I have watched them play 26 games...  last night was the first time I have ever seen them lose.  They beat us every year and I have been to several playoff games and 2 state championship games.... Charleston always has good teams... but this year they seemed to be off their game just a little.... and being off just a little this deep into the playoffs gets you beat.... Osceola was ever bit as tough and fast as advertised also...  feel free to correct me if I am wrong....

Hit the nail on the head.

ISU7

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2017, 08:48:49 pm
No that inelegable player is on the team..... #3 from what I was told doesn't have a high enough GPA per AAA.  But I dunno....  ???
If the AAA knew this he wouldn't be playing. Game over.

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2017, 08:48:49 pm

Woah. Do you mean ineligible? There's a spell check on here. That wasn't even close.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2017, 09:44:46 pm
If the AAA knew this he wouldn't be playing. Game over.
He didnt last year thats why he didnt play. This year he is just fine

Mister Fister

I agree with hoghelmet.  I said after the game was over that osceloas Dline won this game...  no ? Asked

gold45

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2017, 11:05:12 am
A scoop and score on a blocked punt.. And an 80 yard TD pass on busted coverage.. That was the two times chuck got in the endzone.. It appears that osc def was able to neutralize the offense for the most part. Yes, like I said in my last post.. The turnovers were uncharacteristic of chuck.. And definitely hurt.. Turnovers always do. Snapping the ball over the punters head in the opponents red zone always hurts. Charleston also made two goal line stands that ended in two fgs instead of tds or the score of this one could have been even worse. But good teams make plays. Osceolas speed, size, and athletes just made more.

You were correct then and now.  Charleston killed themselves in many ways and lost this ball game but Osceola was the better team as a whole.  Well coached and great athletes.

BAMA#16

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 25, 2017, 07:56:27 pm
You would be correct, lost four offensive lineman and the whole front seven from the defensive unit to graduation, sometimes it's hard to replace those positions. This was basically a whole new team this year.

adaptedtigerfan

Bad as I hate to say it...  hoghelmet is right.  The Seminole D-Line absolutely destroyed Charleston's O-Line...    I believe that's where the game was won as well.

AlumniLights

Expectations are always high in Charleston. It's just the nature of the beast. We are expected to do great, from PeeWee all the way up to the High School ranks. As we know, not every group can hoist the trophy up at the end of the year, however, just being a part of a program like Charleston is special in itself. Getting the opportunity to play for great coaches and play in front of the gridiron legends that played before you and you once looked up to is something a tiger revels in. Just because a group goes 12-1 and ends in heartbreak doesn't mean the hard work all offseason and summer was for none. Losing your last game sucks, but that's part of it. You can't win every title, and you can't win every game. Going through the gauntlet of workouts and playing under the lights of Alumni Field is worth the process and the memories. Whether its 7-5 or 14-0, dawning the black and gold is a special honor. As for the guys who ended their high school career at 12-1, join the rest of the group that fell a bit short in their quest for the hardware; and always remember that the "eye of the tiger" will never fade.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AlumniLights on November 27, 2017, 11:44:54 am
Expectations are always high in Charleston. It's just the nature of the beast. We are expected to do great, from PeeWee all the way up to the High School ranks. As we know, not every group can hoist the trophy up at the end of the year, however, just being a part of a program like Charleston is special in itself. Getting the opportunity to play for great coaches and play in front of the gridiron legends that played before you and you once looked up to is something a tiger revels in. Just because a group goes 12-1 and ends in heartbreak doesn't mean the hard work all offseason and summer was for none. Losing your last game sucks, but that's part of it. You can't win every title, and you can't win every game. Going through the gauntlet of workouts and playing under the lights of Alumni Field is worth the process and the memories. Whether its 7-5 or 14-0, dawning the black and gold is a special honor. As for the guys who ended their high school career at 12-1, join the rest of the group that fell a bit short in their quest for the hardware; and always remember that the "eye of the tiger" will never fade.
Great post

CoolBreeze

It's a sad fact that 29 of the best 30 teams in 3A will lose their last game.

gold45

Excellent post!

Fang

Quote from: gold45 on November 27, 2017, 05:56:32 pm
Excellent post!
excellent post!  That post could be for several teams especially the Prescott Curley wolves since they have an older and richer football tradition than Charlestown.

adaptedtigerfan

Hang in there fang...  one day you might reach troll status...

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: Fang on November 27, 2017, 09:15:03 pm
excellent post!  That post could be for several teams especially the Prescott Curley wolves since they have an older and richer football tradition than Charlestown.

Let me guess. You're a disgruntled senior who played for the curleywolves this year and salty you got pounded and couldn't pull out that sweet back to back and came on to FF to rant and rave against teams that beat you.

That, or you're just a terrible troll.

Hawg N GA

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 28, 2017, 10:43:50 am
Let me guess. You're a disgruntled senior who played for the curleywolves this year and salty you got pounded and couldn't pull out that sweet back to back and came on to FF to rant and rave against teams that beat you.

That, or you're just a terrible troll.

Maybe you're the troll

gold45

Not gonna lie..pretty bummed I don't get to go watch the Tigers play anywhere tonight.  Good luck to the Seminoles!  Will the game be streamed anywhere?  Would love to watch it.

camo5257

Quote from: gold45 on December 01, 2017, 03:04:24 pm
Not gonna lie..pretty bummed I don't get to go watch the Tigers play anywhere tonight.  Good luck to the Seminoles!  Will the game be streamed anywhere?  Would love to watch it.
Really late, lol but in case you still wanted to watch
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

gold45

Quote from: camo5257 on December 01, 2017, 09:02:19 pm
Really late, lol but in case you still wanted to watch
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

Thank you!  I found it on another thread and watched.  What a game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas