• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Boys Job Openings

Started by AirItOut21, May 12, 2017, 12:28:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcats

It has been posted on the 1A board that Johnny Taylor has been hired at Caddo Hills.  That means Valley Springs boys is open.

Grishawg

So they're going to replace a state champion coach who brought this program out of the ashes (it was bad...horribly bad) to 30-5 last year and hand it over to a kid with no experience? That's not fair to anyone in thjs scenario.

Good luck with that one, Imboden. You messed up big time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Grishawg on June 01, 2017, 11:24:52 pm
So they're going to replace a state champion coach who brought this program out of the ashes (it was bad...horribly bad) to 30-5 last year and hand it over to a kid with no experience? That's not fair to anyone in thjs scenario.

Good luck with that one, Imboden. You messed up big time.

That was my thoughts too.... But if the parent situation is like it sounds up there...then they'll like having a kid coaching since they may be able to push him around...

teachers pet

Matt Carter new boys coach at Cutter.

ballmember

Valley Springs, Sloan Hendrix and MVE, have one thing in common::::  Have had someone that knew how to coach---you can count all good ones and not use all your fingers---and parents/fans/adminsitrators ran them off.    Hope the best for the kids.   

Bigtimebasketballfan

Timbo and rural special open???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on June 03, 2017, 09:09:19 am
Timbo and rural special open???

Timbo should be open Coach Cody Edgar left for highland

Central Ark

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 03, 2017, 11:30:51 am
Timbo should be open Coach Cody Edgar left for highland
Fired up Highland, Fired up Edgar

brock

Quote from: Central Ark on June 04, 2017, 12:45:39 pm
Fired up Highland, Fired up Edgar

They must think he can get them "fired up". I bet he walked in and said two words "fired up". Lol

no mascot

RIP thebigtiger. Welcome to Fearless Friday thebigrebel!

We'll see if he can figure out how to crack the bball code at football heavy highland. Some good coaches have tried and failed. 

gamechanger11

He will win lots of games just by getting on the bus. Lots of talent there right more. Hire is a head scratcher but good talent right now there.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

June 04, 2017, 07:39:15 pm #61 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:52:09 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
Well, who knows

gamechanger11

Robert_Dorfenshootze

June 04, 2017, 08:00:58 pm #63 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:53:01 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 04, 2017, 07:56:59 pm
Who is us?

If you're asking me, I am a proud parent and fan of Midland Mustangs.

gamechanger11

Lol. Well Midland is not the crown jewel of scrolls by any means. And pretty sure both your coaches won more games than him. He didn't make region in girls if I recall with maybe the best player in the conf so I don't think very highly of your credibility coming on here dogging any coach without any stats to back any of it other than your opinion.

SackAttack

Well since I dont have a home school maybe I can shed a little light on this subject. the coach at Timbo started off hot and then imploded when the pressure got hot but that is pretty common with rookie inexperienced coaches. Now that being said he did just as well as some of the more experienced coaches did like the young lady at shirley and the guy at concord(cant spell his name) (Smothers maybe) or some of the boys coaches as well so it seemed to be across the board in that conference! Only got to see a few games after I moved out of that craphole of clinton but I might have to move back! But in any form Im ready for some hoops and hope the coaching in this area gets a whoooolllleee lot better in the offseason!

thebigtiger

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 04, 2017, 03:12:12 pm
He will win lots of games just by getting on the bus. Lots of talent there right more. Hire is a head scratcher but good talent right now there.
Head scratcher for people that prob aren't very intelligent.  Great hire and must have been the best candidate.  Heard more than 1 person say that he may have been for sure the best girls coach in that conference and in the top 2 in boys

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 04, 2017, 08:11:29 pm
Lol. Well Midland is not the crown jewel of scrolls by any means. And pretty sure both your coaches won more games than him. He didn't make region in girls if I recall with maybe the best player in the conf so I don't think very highly of your credibility coming on here dogging any coach without any stats to back any of it other than your opinion.

Best player in the conference?? You mean that left handed girl who scored 25 on 25 shots a game? Hardly best player in the conference. Goodness, I'll tell ya what though, there were a few coaches who underachieved. Teams with a lot more overall talent who have underachieved for years under their current coaches. I don't know what stats you want to back that up...i mean it's just opinion on who's talented and more talented and less talented etc...just saying what I think.

SackAttack

And Fearless is an opinion board that is for sure if you know what I mean

gamechanger11

I heard the Timbo faithful was wanting that Steve Carrell looking coach back that was there a few years back about mid way through the season

no mascot

Quote from: thebigtiger on June 04, 2017, 08:31:18 pm
Head scratcher for people that prob aren't very intelligent.  Great hire and must have been the best candidate.  Heard more than 1 person say that he may have been for sure the best girls coach in that conference and in the top 2 in boys

We have a big tiger spotting folks! Talking abt his favorite subject no less! What user name will you use when you go to highland? I don't get on the 4a boards often but I will if you can bring this brand of crazy!

I think you should keep the big tiger handle.

PapaHog

Camden Fairview boys open? Heard the Head Ball Coach took an AD job.

HorseFeathers

bobcats

Dion Hargrove is leaving Flippin to be the head boys coach at Perryville.

epotts

Quote from: bobcats on June 15, 2017, 08:52:04 am
Dion Hargrove is leaving Flippin to be the head boys coach at Perryville.

Wow! Never expected he would leave Flippin.

no mascot

Is perryville where smith from lead hill went to a few years back?

Head Lion

There wasn't any talent to speak of in Flippin and none on the way I believe.

epotts

Quote from: no mascot on June 15, 2017, 04:15:17 pm
Is perryville where smith from lead hill went to a few years back?

Yes, he is headed to Green Forest

ballmember

Will Perryville have quite a bit of talent returning next year on senior boys?   They were pretty good this year.

AirItOut21

Mineral springs is looking for a new boys head coach. Coach Martin has left to take the assistant softball/assistant JR high football job at Nashville

PapaHog

Who is head softball at Nashville? Have they made that hire?

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on June 19, 2017, 10:38:14 pm
Who is head softball at Nashville? Have they made that hire?

They hired Phillip Miller. I don't know anything about him

epotts

Valley Springs hired Blake Hanney from Salem(2A). He has Head Boys Coach there.

Rulesman

West Memphis is open. Coach Bray is the new AD.

Colt

Quote from: Rulesman on June 23, 2017, 06:44:02 pm
West Memphis is open. Coach Bray is the new AD.
Where did Lanny go?

AirItOut21

epotts

Any word on the Scranton job?

bluegrassboy75

Any word on Flippin or Mt. Judea? 

AirItOut21

Camden Fairview hired Jamal Russell as their 9th grade boys coach. He is originally from Conway and was the head SR boys coach in Newcomb, NM last season.

cellucor

July 09, 2017, 04:09:00 pm #89 Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:14:40 pm by cellucor
Any new moves?

Googlymoogly

Jordan Edgmon was hired to coach Mount Judea boys. They still have not hired a girls coach the last I have heard

HorseFeathers

July 09, 2017, 07:13:48 pm #91 Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:26:28 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Googlymoogly on July 09, 2017, 06:26:14 pm
Jordan Edgmon was hired to coach Mount Judea boys. They still have not hired a girls coach the last I have heard

Believe he already worked in the district at the Deer Campus....as a pe teacher

That said....probably the best hire a remote school like Mt Judea could hope for.....seeing as he's from the area, and 

Bigtimebasketballfan

Any names at west Memphis yet??

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 09, 2017, 07:13:48 pm
Believe he already worked in the district at the Deer Campus....as a pe teacher

That said....probably the best hire a remote school like Mt Judea could hope for.....seeing as he's from the area, and 

I wonder if he will coach all four since that is what they had Coach Cook doing.  Also, will Elvis coach all four at Deer and be the High School Principal?

jonesberg

James Jones is new Boys Coach at Dollarway

epotts

Any word on Flippin or Scranton yet?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I saw Bill Taylor back coaching again in Brookland.   Jr/SR asst & 7th grade coach.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on July 18, 2017, 12:02:28 pm
I saw Bill Taylor back coaching again in Brookland.   Jr/SR asst & 7th grade coach.

I was shocked by this hire.  Not that Brookland wouldn't want Coach Taylor but that he would want a 7th grade head coach and Jr/Sr High Assistant job.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: epotts on July 17, 2017, 11:11:56 pm
Any word on Flippin or Scranton yet?
According to their school board minutes, Flippin hired Josh Robins as head boys basketball coach the other night

no mascot

Where was Josh Robins at before?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas