• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 6A Boys State Tournament Final: Siloam Springs 4 Mountain Home 0

Started by sevenof400, May 05, 2017, 10:57:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to discuss any and all aspects of the 6A Boys State Playoffs. 

6A Tournament: host Siloam Springs
6A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Siloam Springs vs Mountain Home

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the bracket will play at 12:00 noon Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1W (First round bye) - Siloam Springs
4E vs 5W  --   Searcy 3 vs Greenwood 0

Searcy 0  vs Siloam Springs 6

Siloam Springs 1(3)  vs LR Hall 1(1)

Benton 1 vs LR Hall 3

2E (First round bye) - LR Hall
3W vs 6E   --  Benton 6  vs Marion 0

The games in the bottom half of the bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1E (First round bye) - Mountain Home
4W vs 5E  --   El Dorado 7 vs Pine Bluff 0

El Dorado 0  vs Mountain Home 3

Mountain Home 1(4)  vs Russellville 1(2)

Jonesboro 2 vs Russellville 4

2W (First round bye) - Russellville
3E vs 6W   --  Jonesboro 8  vs Sheridan 0

Buck183

I do know Siloam prevailed this evening making them the 1 seed out of the West. 

sevenof400

.....and, we're off and running !

Thanks, Buck!

And I am assuming that made Russellville the 2 seed from the west...

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 06, 2017, 09:57:01 pm
.....and, we're off and running !

Thanks, Buck!

And I am assuming that made Russellville the 2 seed from the west...

Well, I would ASSUME that too. But I don't have the final say so I wouldn't go off anything I said.  😳

I do know I'm excited for three days of playoff soccer here in my hometown.  I fully intend to get a solid 8-10 hours of soccer in everyday.  Hopefully we do a good job accommodating the visiting teams and make this event enjoyable for all. El Dorado did a great job hosting it last year and made us feel at home.  They set a high standard for us to follow.  Looking forward to the opportunity. 

mhip201

East teams:
1. Mountain Home
2. LR Hall
3. Jonesboro
4. Searcy
5. Pine Bluff
6. Marion

sevenof400

Quote from: Buck183 on May 06, 2017, 10:03:40 pm
Well, I would ASSUME that too. But I don't have the final say so I wouldn't go off anything I said.  😳

I do know I'm excited for three days of playoff soccer here in my hometown.  I fully intend to get a solid 8-10 hours of soccer in everyday.  Hopefully we do a good job accommodating the visiting teams and make this event enjoyable for all. El Dorado did a great job hosting it last year and made us feel at home.  They set a high standard for us to follow.  Looking forward to the opportunity.

Enjoy the experience, Buck.  I can tell you from past experience it is a joyride followed by a fall off a cliff of emotions as you watch euphoria and agony so interconnected. For almost every senior, when they step off the field for the final time this season, they won't see an athletic field in quite the same way ever again.  Even though the players don't always realize it, many of the parents do.

I say all of that because an observer of human emotions will have a field day. 

I'll be interested to hear how the tournament goes both on the field and from the perspective of hosting in Siloam Springs. 

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 07, 2017, 10:04:15 am
Enjoy the experience, Buck.  I can tell you from past experience it is a joyride followed by a fall off a cliff of emotions as you watch euphoria and agony so interconnected. For almost every senior, when they step off the field for the final time this season, they won't see an athletic field in quite the same way ever again.  Even though the players don't always realize it, many of the parents do.

I say all of that because an observer of human emotions will have a field day. 

I'll be interested to hear how the tournament goes both on the field and from the perspective of hosting in Siloam Springs.

Thank you. Looking forward to being able to take a majority of the games in. When we travel to these events it seems like you're always running around before and after the games making sure the teams are taken care of.  Being at home should afford me the opportunity to just stay on site and watch soccer.  That's a gig I can handle.  (Not to mention helping out with logistics in hosting the event)

Lets Go 5

Buck

I call one of the golf carts! I never get that job.
I'll drive you around since your older then me.  ;D

fourfourtwo

Quote from: mhip201 on May 07, 2017, 08:40:55 am
East teams:
1. Mountain Home
2. LR Hall
3. Jonesboro
4. Searcy
5. Pine Bluff
6. Marion

Confirmed for:
Boys Soccer 6A West
1- Siloam Springs
2- Russellville
3- Benton
4- El Dorado
5- Greenwood
6- Sheridan

Buck183

Quote from: Lets Go 5 on May 07, 2017, 08:41:51 pm
Buck

I call one of the golf carts! I never get that job.
I'll drive you around since your older then me.  ;D

You can have the dang golf cart until your little heart is content. Golf carts are for whimps.  I'll be in the Rhino all weekend. 😁

sevenof400

Buck183

Lol....looks like my last reply got a little modified. 

sssuperpantherfan2

sssuperpantherfan2

ricepig

chaoslord

sssuperpantherfan2

A few rescheduled games, all games will be played at Panther Stadium on the turf.

chaoslord

Siloam up 3-0 at half on the turf.

Benton/Hall about to start up on the grass field. Goal mouth on the end I'm at is trashed. I'm sure there is a reason why but I am curious why they didn't move to Field 1.

chaoslord

Siloam wins 6-0

Hall, I think, has scored on the other field.

Also Field 1 isn't painted like I thought which would explain not using it.

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

Russellville 4
Jonesboro 2

Jonesboro was up 2-0 but once Russellville scored the first the result felt inevitable.

2 PKs to Russellville, 1 to Jonesboro

chaoslord

Mountain Home 3
El Dorado 0

Final

chaoslord

Siloam Springs 1
Hall 0
21:12 remaining in first half

Siloam player glides down the wing, evading the only challenge to come his way, before centering it for #21 who places it out of the keepers reach.

Hall creates a good chance immediately after kick off, and then Siloam counters. Big shouts for a penalty, not given.

chaoslord

Since the goal, Hall has had basically all of the chances, although you'd be hard pressed to say any of them were quality. Siloam is possessing the ball better but keeps turning the ball over, which Hall is turning into opportunities.

Right as I'm typing this up, Siloam creates their best chance since the goal but puts it wide on the rebound after a good first effort forces the Hall goalkeeper into a save.

10 minutes left in the first half

chaoslord

Siloam plays a ball over the top. Hall defense slows up thinking he's off. Flag stays down and the Siloam player collects but shoots right at the keeper.

Hall, later, on the counter gets fouled about 40 yard from goal. Quick restart and an effort is taken from 30 yards, but is a floater and is easily gathered in by the Siloam keeper. A minute later, another Hall chance from the corner of the penalty area forces a quick save. That ends up being the last good chance of the half.

Half time

Siloam Springs 1
Hall 0

Siloam Springs is the better team but they are playing with fire by not getting a second goal.

chaoslord

Off to a quick start in the second half. Hall appeals for a penalty at the corner of the area, not given, that Siloam counters quickly. Forces a good save out of the Hall keeper.

Minutes later, Hall corner falls to a player near the top of the goal area and he misplays it over the bar. Another attack by Siloam follows and Siloams #11 makes a very public demonstration after believing he was fouled.

This one could get choppy folks

33 minutes left

chaoslord

Penalty shout for Siloam as #21 goes down being challenged by two players. Nothing given. He gets up and kicks his shoe toward the referee. A Hall player throws the ball a little hard toward a Siloam player after the referee says the throw in belongs to Siloam which brings a talking to.

A hard challenge in front of the Hall penalty area followed by a long ball over the top. The Hall player tracks it down and puts it on goal after the keeper comes out to challenge. The ball will be in the back of the net without another touch but a Hall player is on hand to tap it in. The Siloam coaches appeal furiously for offside but nothing given.

Siloam Springs 1
Hall 1

Goal was around the 27 min mark, there are now 23 minutes remaining

chaoslord

Hall #9 receives what I believe is the first yellow card a few minutes ago. Hall #15 picked up one just now. Both bad fouls, although the first one was more tactical than it was reckless.

13:36 left

chaoslord

4 minutes to go and Siloam is still the better team, but as we are now basically (before shorty becoming literally) in "next goal wins" territory, either team can find something

Goin to OT

4 minutes left in 2OT

Goin to KFTM

chaoslord

sssuperpantherfan2

mlrfo4

VHSCoach2

Mountain Home wins after kicks from the mark. It was 1-1 heading into the kicks.

chaoslord

Not that the kicks score is particularly important but for anyone who cares it was 4-2

B2 Stealth Bomber

Curious were they just missed or did goalie block them?

chaoslord

chaoslord

19 minutes in and both teams have had some good chances but we are scoreless

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

19:49 left in first

I spoke too soon. Siloam crosses it in, producing a good save from the MH keeper. Unfortunately it spills out in front of goal and another player is on hand to punch it in.

Siloam Springs 1
Mountain Home 0

After the restart mountain Home has a good opportunity blocked by a defender

chaoslord

#14 for Siloam Springs comes in pretty late and is given a yellow card for his troubles.

10 minutes left in the first half

chaoslord

chaoslord

Siloam Springs up 3-0 after a cross headed home.

36 minutes to play in the second half

chaoslord

Siloam player beats the keeper to the ball and lifts it over and in.

4-0, 26:12 to play

ArkansasSportsFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas