• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yahaya elgible

Started by sgibson, January 19, 2017, 09:39:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sgibson

A great team just got better as Salisu Yahaya is eligible to play for Jonesboro the rest of the year. That is huge...

Redwolves8526

Wow...add another 6'7-6'8 body to an already super talented squad.

Do you care to explain how he got eligible? Was curious what the deal was with the AAA. He's a good kid, Im happy for him.

sgibson

From what I understand on the radio and twitter, it has to do with his adoption. He has been waiting forever what it seems like.

Redwolves8526

I know you can only play one year on a visa. Didn't know anyone was trying to adopt him.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 19, 2017, 09:50:11 am
I know you can only play one year on a visa. Didn't know anyone was trying to adopt him.

I believe before he got to Jonesboro, or so it seemed.

asuguy870

I believe he has been in the process of being adopted by the family he lives with since he moved over it has just taken forever to get finalized. Glad they finally got it sorted out. I know Jhs has been really good but he takes them to a whole new level, its hard to find a weakness. Theyve been beating all these teams without a single player that is legitamately over 6 ft 4.

Redwolves8526

With him eligible, I'd like to see them play someone like Memphis East or Chino Hills, just to see how good they actually are. Lol. Not sure if anyone (maybe ElDo) can hang with them in the state this year after adding a talented 6'7 forward.

OB11

There is a really good article in the Jonesboro Sun about this today if anyone gets a chance to read it.

ricepig

I thought this would happen, smart student, but it helps him in so many ways.

https://twitter.com/coachwesswift/status/842201555633881088

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas