• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAC Football 2015

Started by x14113, September 03, 2015, 07:50:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

September 03, 2015, 07:50:30 pm Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:00:09 pm by x14113
Tech is kicking off the season with a bang.

ATU 24
SNU 0
2Q

(Good catch, folks.  Not sure what happened there...  ::) )

The_Pioneer

GAC 2015 too....

ATU 45
SNU 0

Half

Lionheart88

2015.  OBU is leading East Central late, 31-24 in Ada with under 2:00 remaining.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 03, 2015, 08:48:48 pm
2015.  OBU is leading East Central late, 31-24 in Ada with under 2:00 remaining.
FINAL

x14113

Romeo

Pretty cool what happened at the ATU game. to honor Zemaric Holt, the defensive end who died in July, the defense lined up with only 10 players on the first play of the game. On the first play Southern Nazarene fumbled, the ball rolled into the endzone and was recovered by a ATU defender for a touchdown.

Romeo

phdefense

Quote from: Romeo on September 04, 2015, 12:32:10 am
Pretty cool what happened at the ATU game. to honor Zemaric Holt, the defensive end who died in July, the defense lined up with only 10 players on the first play of the game. On the first play Southern Nazarene fumbled, the ball rolled into the endzone and was recovered by a ATU defender for a touchdown.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2561269-arkansas-tech-lines-up-with-10-players-on-d-in-honor-of-late-teammate-scores-td?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-vid-23

Longfellow

In the third quarter, Arkansas Tech leads Oklahoma Baptist 50-0.

x14113

Valleysports

I don't think I can take another Boweevil commercial  :-\

x14113

No need for 'em.

ATU 24
UAM 17

Valleysports

Lionheart88

OBU 38
SWOSU 58

Injuries, youth, and poor defending got us.  Oh well.  Gotta pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get back on that horse for next week.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: x14113 on September 19, 2015, 09:46:48 pm
No need for 'em.

ATU 24
UAM 17

Nice to see the good guys winning again.

Proud Buckaroo

Harding absolutely destroyed SAU.

Maynard G Krebs

Valleysports

I read that SAU had a 16% increase in student body this year.  Anyone know anything about that? Was it a mistype?  Something change down there?

Lionheart88

They do have a new president, Dr. Trey Berry, who was a professor at UAM and OBU before joining SAU as a VP several years ago.  He's only just come into office though, I don't know how he could've had such a massive impact this quickly.

Maynard G Krebs

September 23, 2015, 07:50:16 am #19 Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:57:11 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 22, 2015, 05:16:01 pm
They do have a new president, Dr. Trey Berry, who was a professor at UAM and OBU before joining SAU as a VP several years ago.  He's only just come into office though, I don't know how he could've had such a massive impact this quickly.

The increase can be attributed to several of the progressive initiatives by recently retired president Dr. David Rankin and I'm sure that Dr. Berry will continue the trend.  One of the recent additions to the curriculum is an engineering degree program.  Numerous structures have been built during Rankins tenure and the campus is more inviting to prospective students.  There is honor dorm housing available, apartment style accommodations on campus, new science and agri science buildings, the Mulerider Activity Center (great workout facility for students), & the Rodeo Arena is unbelievably nice. 

Plus, who wouldn't want to be a Mulerider?  ;)

Valleysports

September 23, 2015, 08:10:07 am #20 Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:11:53 am by Valleysports
Good for SAU and the Southern Arkansas.  Are any of you coming to the game Saturday?  Come early - TECH does a lot of family tail (tent) gating stuff. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2015, 08:10:07 am
Good for SAU and the Southern Arkansas.  Are any of you coming to the game Saturday?  Come early - TECH does a lot of family tail (tent) gating stuff.

I have a schedule conflict, but would love to be there.  Only get to see them play once in a while and plan to be at homecoming this year.  At SAU, we Mulegate before the games!    :)

Lionheart88

I've long wondered: does a full scholarship at SAU come with a mule, or do you have to share with other students?  Maybe one per dorm room or suite?

Longfellow

Tech has family day this Saturday. Last year it was packed. I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a Wonderboy football game before

Maynard G Krebs

September 23, 2015, 10:04:23 am #24 Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:08:21 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 23, 2015, 09:46:21 am
I've long wondered: does a full scholarship at SAU come with a mule, or do you have to share with other students?  Maybe one per dorm room or suite?

With the increased enrollment, they will have to share a mule.  Not enough good looking mules to go around, as we have high standards on things like that.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2015, 08:10:07 am

Wish I could.  I love getting back to the campus when I can.

Valleysports

You know there is another sky scrapper just went up across from Whataburger?

The_Pioneer

Good.  Gotta have places for all the new boys and girls to sleep.  Not going to pass ASU as #2 school in Arkansas without more rooms.

Longfellow

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 23, 2015, 08:50:03 pm
Good.  Gotta have places for all the new boys and girls to sleep.  Not going to pass ASU as #2 school in Arkansas without more rooms.
Unfortunately, the new building will not be a dormitory. It's gonna be similar to rothwell and serve as like an administrative building that has conference rooms as well as classrooms. There is getting to be a huge lack of living space on campus. Many students are being put up in hotels.

x14113

Quote from: Longfellow on September 24, 2015, 09:14:43 am
There is getting to be a huge lack of living space on campus. Many students are being put up in hotels.

Sounds like an Arka-Tech article from my time there.  :-\

The_Pioneer

Seems like some enterprising person would build some apartment complexes in Russellville....

Valleysports

Longfellow are you up to date on that?  They've built quiet a few dorms lately.  And I think they bought one of those hotels - now a dorm.  I'll check on the housing situation in the next day or two.  I thought they'd pretty much caught up at the end of last year.

Longfellow

I know that we have quite a few international students who are living in hotels. I know some are in dorms now because of people leaving and what not

Lionheart88

I am pleased to announce that OBU will now be live streaming all home games: http://www.obutigers.com/news/2015/9/25/FB_0925151912.aspx

Longfellow

Arkansas Tech 37
Southern Arkansas 21
Start of 4th

x14113

Lionheart88

Valleysports

Quote from: Longfellow on September 24, 2015, 11:00:11 pm
I know that we have quite a few international students who are living in hotels. I know some are in dorms now because of people leaving and what not

Tech bought 4 of the Vista Apartments and has some students at the Comfort (or Day's?)  Inn.  Wilson is shutdown for a total remodel.  Next years class (2016 HS Grads) is expected to be lower - decline in college eligible students.  So they are expecting trends and capacity to meet.

x14113

The GAC race has been blown wide open.

OBU 26
HU 21

HSU 17
ATU 7

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2015, 12:25:12 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on September 24, 2015, 11:00:11 pm

Tech bought 4 of the Vista Apartments and has some students at the Comfort (or Day's?)  Inn.  Wilson is shutdown for a total remodel.  Next years class (2016 HS Grads) is expected to be lower - decline in college eligible students.  So they are expecting trends and capacity to meet.

Wilson needed that remodel...haha. the hotel you might have been thinking about was out on the interstate...they tore it down after one year and was trying to sell the land last I heard...

Lionheart88

Quote from: x14113 on October 03, 2015, 04:56:03 pm
The GAC race has been blown wide open.

OBU 26
HU 21

HSU 17
ATU 7
There are what, 4 or 5 teams tied atop the conference at 4-1?

Longfellow

Arkansas Tech, Ouachita Baptist, Henderson, and East Central tied for first in the GAC at 4-1

Lionheart88

Longfellow

I missed them. It's a 5-way tie on top of the GAC

Longfellow

At halftime
Arkansas Tech 16
Ouachita Baptist 3

Valleysports

8:00 mins left in 4th - Bryan Allen has rushed for 264 yds - TECH 418 offense
TECH 30 - OBU 6

x14113

Valleysports

Bryan Allen 279 yds, 29 Att

Lionheart88

We haven't looked this bad since the 2012 BOTR.  Credit to Tech though, they're vastly improved from the last few years.  We weren't beating ourselves, they just put it on us.

Valleysports

What's going on with Lucas Reed?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas