• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Perfect Storm

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 13, 2014, 10:57:48 pm
Ok. I spent five years in Aggieland getting two grad degrees, but I don't think I can match Valley's enthusiasm fascination.

Thanks you for adding something to the discussion, instead of "Nope", "We own every team in Texas", or "A&M will return to mediocre".   :)   

ricepig

Typical PhD b.s., you use 1000 words when 20 would suffice. I hope you're not the aTm fan who stood behind section 106 Friday night and made a complete fool of himself. If so, I'm embarrassed for you. He did your 12th man group, no favors.

Valleysports

Now there's a typical Hog reply - 50 words when NONE would suffice!  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 14, 2014, 07:20:37 am

His was just all Aggie propaganda and excuses, I know you wouldn't allow that in the Hog thread to go unnoticed.   ;D  I'll leave you two to your little love fest over the Ags.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on May 14, 2014, 07:25:08 am
Quote from: Valleysports on May 14, 2014, 07:20:37 am

His was just all Aggie propaganda and excuses, I know you wouldn't allow that in the Hog thread to go unnoticed.   ;D  I'll leave you two to your little love fest over the Ags.

" I'll leave you two to your little love fest."

Not that there's anything wrong with that now in Arkansas....  :-)

Valleysports

mack

Valleysports

How many know what gig-em means without looking it up?  I don't!  :-[

True Fan

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 14, 2014, 06:10:52 pm
How many know what gig-em means without looking it up?  I don't!  :-[

I know what it means to gig frogs, does that count?

Valleysports

Quote from: True Fan on May 14, 2014, 06:54:04 pm
How many care? I don't.

C'mon - this is Arkansas 2014, you can come out of the closet now.  You wouldn't be on an Aggie Thread if you didn't care.  ;)   I'll google it..

True Fan

Nah Valley. Just got lured to a new thread with a catchy title and pointed out some facts that you like to overlook. Now, it pops up in my unread reply folder.  ::)

I got a sister in Houston who sent my nephew and niece through aggieland. I can't help but to learn some things, doesn't mean I have to care.

Valleysports

Ooops forgot to look up Gig-em....   :-[

Valleysports

Rather than end a conversation with "goodbye", many conversations between Aggies end with "gig 'em", usually accompanied by a thumbs up. This tradition began at a 1930 Midnight Yell Practice held before the football game against the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. In an attempt to excite the crowd, Pinky Downs, a 1906 Texas A&M graduate and member of the school's Board of Regents, asked "What are we going to do to those Horned Frogs?"[13] Using a term for frog hunting, he answered his own question, "Gig 'em, Aggies!"

Big Fan

Quote from: Valleysports on May 14, 2014, 11:10:58 pm
Rather than end a conversation with "goodbye", many conversations between Aggies end with "gig 'em", usually accompanied by a thumbs up. This tradition began at a 1930 Midnight Yell Practice held before the football game against the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. In an attempt to excite the crowd, Pinky Downs, a 1906 Texas A&M graduate and member of the school's Board of Regents, asked "What are we going to do to those Horned Frogs?"[13] Using a term for frog hunting, he answered his own question, "Gig 'em, Aggies!"
That is actually good info...........shocking! 

Valleysports

May 19, 2014, 06:51:24 pm #65 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:55:31 pm by Valleysports
I hadn't thought about other sports!  :-\   Can't see, being in the SEC, making a difference.

ricepig

Your sleeping on the job Valley, aTm just got another 5* QB, Kyler Murray. By the way, which one leaves first, Allen or Murray? I watched this kid in some Tx playoff games on TV, he runs, be interested to see how he passes against SEC defenses.

Valleysports

May 28, 2014, 04:50:41 pm #67 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:02:19 pm by Valleysports
I looked him up - just adding to that 2015 class #1 class.  He does look good - I think he'll Red Shirt, play baseball, take the QB reigns, his Junior Year, after Allen wins the Heisman, and A&M is on top.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 28, 2014, 04:50:41 pm
I looked him up - just more of that 2015 class A&M has committed.  He does look good - I think he'll Red Shirt, play baseball, take the reigns his Junior Year after Allen wins the Heisman.

Well, his Dad played for aTm, he was going there if I coached there. He looked more option, or Auburn type QB than a Sumlin type, but he looked good in the Allen game I watched.

Valleysports

Looks like he has some physical maturing to do - 5'11", 170 lbs.  As long as he didn't go to Texas.  I am glad you told me this, I'll be passing it by my UT Coworker in a couple of hrs.  He really hates A&M, with a passion.  Hasn't dealt with A&M's success well at all..   :D

Uncle Ivan

Valleysports

Better yet -  I'll be spending tomorrow with one of those Univ Texas Alumni Billionaires (6 billion).  Maybe I should drop my Perfect Storm theory on him?  NOT   :-X

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on May 28, 2014, 08:29:39 pm
Better yet -  I'll be spending tomorrow with one of those Univ Texas Alumni Billionaires (6 billion).  Maybe I should drop my Perfect Storm theory on him?  NOT   :-X

You're a little old for a cabana boy.

Valleysports

You are correct about that - just found out he's on UT's school board.  ha ha

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on May 28, 2014, 10:00:21 pm
You are correct about that - just found out he's on UT's school board.  ha ha

Good deal.  Tell Jeff I said hello.

Valleysports

Hey that's pretty good Ivan - met him last night, seems like an alright guy.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 28, 2014, 08:29:39 pm

Why, don't like your job, ready to retire??

Russ PhD

ricepig

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 29, 2014, 04:28:07 pm
And the hits just keep on coming...

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=55354

Siverand had an offer from the Hogs.

Wasn't good enough to just post it on HV?

Russ PhD

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 04:52:09 pm

Exactly.  Two completely different audiences (IMHO), but I could be wrong.  Are you ricepig on HV?

ricepig

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 29, 2014, 04:56:17 pm

Exactly.  Two completely different audiences (IMHO), but I could be wrong.  Are you ricepig on HV?
Why would one change their name on any message board? Yep, same name on every board.

Russ PhD

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 05:13:28 pm

Why would one change their name on any message board? Yep, same name on every board.
Maybe you don't post that often & forget what name you used. :)

ricepig

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 29, 2014, 05:58:58 pm

Oh......One figured someone with a PhD could remember something so important!

Russ PhD

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 06:01:52 pm

+1

However, we might define important differently.

ricepig

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 29, 2014, 06:05:11 pm
Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 06:01:52 pm

+1

However, we might define important differently.

It's obviously things you can remember.

Russ PhD

Between HV & FF you have slightly more than 20,520 posts than I do. That probably doesn't count any resets in the post count that you might have experienced on either site.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 29, 2014, 06:08:39 pm
Between HV & FF you have slightly more than 20,520 posts than I do. That probably doesn't count any resets in the post count that you might have experienced on either site.  ;D

Yeah, but I'm retired, haha. I don't think there's been a reset, but who knows.

Uncle Ivan

Could be worse - there's people in the 50,000 range.

Valleysports

Murray's pledge could begin a domino effect that leads to the Aggies continuing to pick up steam in the form of commitments from other elite prospects.

ESPN 300 receiver Kemah Siverand, a four-star player who had several other attractive options, including LSU, Ohio State and Texas followed the day after landing Murray. 

ESPN 300 receiver DaMarkus Lodge and Cedar Hill (Texas) High teammate outside linebacker Richard Moore both indicated just hours after Murray's pledge that they'll announce their commitments on July 1.

Five-star defensive tackle Daylon Mack, who had planned summer visits to Alabama and LSU, canceled those plans after Murray's pledge. The longtime Texas A&M commitment also showed up on Twitter in a maroon shirt with the hashtag "#WRTS", which Aggies have been using since the Murray pledge (the acronym stands for "We run this state").

Other ESPN 300 recruits, like linebacker Malik Jefferson and receiver Christian Kirk,  took notice of Murray's pledge - "A&M got a great QB", replied Kirk".

ricepig

So now they will take the guys Texas couldn't win with, we'll see if they can.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 06:06:33 pm

Well I finally see your way of thinking - A&M is settling for 5 Star Recruits, instead of competing with Arkansas for 2-3 Star Recruits - right?  I've said since Day 1 - "A&M moving to the SEC, is not good for Arkansas" - maybe I was wrong after all.   ;D

The Storm has just started - not even in it yet!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 02, 2014, 06:19:20 pm

Well I finally see your way of thinking - A&M is settling for 5 Star Recruits, instead of competing with Arkansas for 2-3 Star Recruits - right?  I've said since Day 1 - "A&M moving to the SEC, is not good for Arkansas" - maybe I was wrong after all.   ;D

When they do something, it will be the first time.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 07:17:14 pm

Good point - it's a matter of "when".   :)  Seriously A&M certainly has everything they could ask for (players, facility, money) in place - what they do with it remains to be seen.  Are Sumlin and his Assistants, legit major program caliber?  Probably the only unknown left...

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 02, 2014, 07:39:07 pm

Good point - it's a matter of "when".   :)  Seriously A&M certainly has everything they could ask for (players, facility, money) in place - what they do with it remains to be seen.  Are Sumlin and his Assistants, legit major program caliber?  Probably the only unknown left...

When, as in "if".

Valleysports

You slipped - what you really think is on record now!  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 02, 2014, 07:54:56 pm

You slipped - what you really think is on record now!  ;)

I'll be dead and buried, probably my kids too, but you keep on hoping!

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 08:05:50 pm

You and Bubby with your predictions based on emotions.  ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 02, 2014, 11:51:44 pm
Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 08:05:50 pm

You and Bubby with your predictions based on emotions.  ::)

History my friend, based on history.

cuckoobird

If we go by history then arkansas will never be sec champs

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 03, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
If we go by history then arkansas will never be sec champs

Boy, you must have taken a smart pill to figure that one out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas