• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 4/19 - 4/23

Started by Earl is my Hero!!, April 19, 2010, 08:24:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

terminator

QuoteHis following comment, "Bryant fans don't want me anywhere near that game. No Lovely Ladies Leaping on my field..."

FPfan, your sarcasm is duly noted here.....don't know what personal grudge you hold against the squire, but it would be refreshing to have an umpire, once, that was consistent and knew the darn rule book.  (and yes, darn was misspelled intentionally). 

I am sure his intent was if she's leaping, she's leaping, and he would not hesitate to make the call.  Much as I have picked on the squire, on and off the field, his knowledge of the game and the rules are impeccable.  Crawl back in your hole before I add YOU to my list of 'hits' along with Tigger, Duds, and Sir sMack Alot.  I am unmerciful when it comes to  twits like you.  :o

terminator

FPfan,

Let me guess, good detective work and based upon some of your previous post; must be from Nettleton and kin to one of the ladies whose picture was posted. 

A leap is a leap.....end of discussion!

Earl is my Hero!!

April 24, 2010, 03:05:53 pm #202 Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:23:47 pm by Earl is my Hero!!
Quote from: fpfan on April 24, 2010, 02:16:39 pm
Yes, Earl, you are a professional. I have gathered that from reading this forum. Continue in your quest to help the girls playing softball in Arkansas. We should all be grateful.

Don't forget the [/sarcasm]...

I guess I could have just turned my back on the game when my daughter graduated like so many others have, but here's a little stat for you. The average age of umpires is in excess of 55 years of age. After this season, I expect 3 to 5 umpires to retire from actively calling games just in my area. We have one umpire under 30 years of age.

I have held three training sessions this spring for summer ball. Only two people under the age of 30 have shown.

When we do get young people to umpire, idiots outside the chainlink fence that think they know the rules berate them to such a point that they quit after a very short time. Do umpires make mistakes? Absolutely. Have I? Yes I have. I made a big one last night (in the JV game).

Some bozo that kept yelling at me because I wouldn't call a batter out for being out of the box even sent a threatening email to another umpire in my area saying I was lucky to get out of the park alive. Here's the problem.

While the batter may have been out of the box, she never swung at, offered to bunt, or otherwise attempted to contact the ball with the bat. I'm sure all of you can recite the entire rule to me chapter and verse that covers this infraction. I'll give you a hint: Rule 7, Section 3, Article 2.

Earl is my Hero!!

QF, can we just [/end] thread?

There's no end to the stupidity...

Glory2012

So are the umpires calling the illegal pitching or not? Seems to me that if it is being called it could have a impact of some close games.

terminator

QuoteSo are the umpires calling the illegal pitching or not? Seems to me that if it is being called it could have a impact of some close games.

Ok rookie, (notice I did not call you a n00b), first off, welcome to Arkansas.

The problem we have had is the inconsistency of enforcement.  I have even had an umpire tell me that it was not a 'leap' if her feet were not (and displayed with his fingers) this high off the ground, but was if she could clear a coke can.

Even when they do tend to call it, it is only during critical moments or game altering situations.  They should be consistent with it regardless of timing or game situations.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas