• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls play rough.

Started by shah_guido_g, January 30, 2010, 08:07:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bird dog

January 30, 2010, 09:15:04 pm #1 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:25:33 pm by bird dog
Looks like Ola @ Mt Ida.
Were you also at the Mt Ida at Ola Game??
Savanna for the Lions, there , is quite a player!!

Great lighting in that Gym!!! Have not been there yet.

ES Smith

Great shots! What camera settings do you use? Pictures that I take in the gym always have too much motion. Can anyone give me any suggestions on better gym pics?

bird dog

January 31, 2010, 08:24:44 am #3 Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:32:18 am by bird dog
Blurr (motion) is caused by shutter speeds to slow. Notice how bright the gym is at Mt Ida, this allows high shutter speeds and directly effects picture quality. The only other gyms that I know of that are that bright (2AA) are JCW, BHG and Hector. Most gyms that I shoot at require a shutter speed of 1/200  some 1/160
( borderline to slow for motion)that is with f2.8 and ISO 1600 and then light corecting with photoshop elements. My pics from BHG game look similar to these great shots here, without photoshoping.

Just guessing from what I see, I might try f3.2 ISO 800 and shutter speed 1/320 with my Nikon set up.

shah_guido_g

January 31, 2010, 10:01:50 am #4 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:21:14 pm by shah_guido_g
Quote from: ES Smith on January 30, 2010, 11:09:54 pm
Great shots! What camera settings do you use? Pictures that I take in the gym always have too much motion. Can anyone give me any suggestions on better gym pics?

I shot in RAW format with settings of Manual, ISO 1600, 1/500s, and f/1.8.

Processed with Canon Digital Photo Professional(DPP), Noiseware Community Edition, and Photoshop7.

I use whatever ISO I need to get the shutter speed up. Noiseware Community is a freeware program that does a pretty good job with noise. DPP is the RAW processor that comes with Canon cameras.

Try to use manual settings in gyms. The lighting is usually pretty consistent. Automatic modes cause the exposures values to fluctuate when metering light and dark jerseys.

As I said, I will use the ISO setting to get the shutter speed to usable levels and use the Noiseware to cleaning some of the noise. I use minimal settings in Noiseware. Over use can cause people to look like mannequins.

bird dog

what are the specs on your f 1.8 lens

bird dog

OK, I read some of the reviews, what are your pros and cons on this lens??

monster_island

February 01, 2010, 06:58:31 pm #8 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:47:11 pm by monster_island

onegearruss

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas