• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lonoke @ Ozark

Started by Wonderdog, November 11, 2018, 12:26:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances to the quarterfinals?

Ozark
34 (77.3%)
Lonoke
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 16, 2018, 12:26:02 am

Wonderdog

Ozark (8-2) VS Lonoke (6-5)

The 4-4A conference champion Hillbillies hosts the 3rd seeded Jackrabbits from the 2-4A. What is the strengths and weaknesses of each team? What should attendees expect from this matchup?

Sidenote: Is there a more notable or higher recommended establishment to dine at than Rivertowne BBQ?

knownothingboutfallball

Ozark chokes and gets out coached

Redskin2015

Gray lizard

The BBQ place will be hard to beat.
I am still on the fence about just how strong Ozark is.  The 4 went 2-2 last week so I may not have given them enough credit.  Dardanelle did not look as I hoped they would. Mena found a week team. Looking at this weeks game Ozark needs to play well or the 4 may be out.

HeberFan

Lonoke has played great, two weeks in a row. Asking for three performances in a row is tough. Still, we're backing the Bunnies here in Cleburne County!

SUGARTOWN

This game depends on how good Ozark's run defense is. Lonoke doesn't really have an effective passing game, their QB had most of their yards on the ground last week.

Ozark is one of the few teams that I haven't seen play in person or on film, so I can't get a good idea of how this game will go. I'm assuming Ozark as a #1 seed is pretty good, so I would lean toward them at home.

Gray lizard

They should have some depth from a few Freshmen if they moved them up.  They have not allowed many points after the opener with Booneville. So I would expect them to be good against the run and pass.

RabAlumni

As I stated last week, I think the Winner of the Lonoke/PG game would beat Ozark this week thus I will be going with the JackRabbits on the road.

This would be the biggest Victory of the Taggart Moore era and put some life back into this program for sure. The win @ home last Friday night against PG sure gave it a jolt but they need this one right here!

HeberFan

CoachRH

Ozark will be tough to beat.
Of course it's an opinion but they look better!

Sports Guru

RabAlumni

HeberFan

gerber707

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 14, 2018, 12:23:21 pm

Basis?
I'm basing it on the fact that your game with pg was close and that pg got beat soundly by dardenelle who Ozark beat. I know they say not to compare scores but who are they?

phdefense

Quote from: gerber707 on November 14, 2018, 07:05:45 pm
I'm basing it on the fact that your game with pg was close and that pg got beat soundly by dardenelle who Ozark beat. I know they say not to compare scores but who are they?
In this season "they" can be Charleston. I leave it to you to figure the rest out.

HeberFan

Rooting for the Bunnies in this one. Let's go to the hop!

Gray lizard

I hear they have BBQ rabbit for the special this week at the Rivertowne  BBQ.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 15, 2018, 09:15:09 am
I hear they have BBQ rabbit for the special this week at the Rivertowne  BBQ.

Rivertowne is about the only place to eat in that forsaken place... There is also a nice Mexican eatery there as well, but that's about all.

ea cat

Many places off I-40 to eat before you get to Ozark.

RabAlumni

Quote from: ea cat on November 15, 2018, 10:17:51 am

You must be speaking about Conway or Russellville?

Gray lizard

Quote from: ea cat on November 15, 2018, 10:17:51 am
But do they serve BBQ rabbit?

HeberFan

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 15, 2018, 11:20:37 am
But do they serve BBQ rabbit?

Bunnies too fast to catch.  Lizards are much slower!

ea cat

Hasenpfeffer is better than bbq rabbit.

HeberFan

RabAlumni

So what all does Ozark do well?  What is it that some think they do not do so well?

x14113

Good at: Feeding an entire town before game day

Bad at: Smack ;D

gerber707

Quote from: x14113 on November 15, 2018, 05:12:03 pm

;D

CoachRH

Quote from: x14113 on November 15, 2018, 05:12:03 pm

Lol, I believe Ozark pulls this one out, wait...they win it out right!

RabAlumni

Today is the day... Safe travels to all Lonoke Coaches, Players, Staff, and Fans.   Time to go to Hillbilly Country and take the W!

x14113

Turnovers the biggest difference so far.

How 3Q starts will go a long way.

x14113

HeberFan

Congrats to the Bunnies on a good season and the Hillbillies for making it to Thanksgiving week.

RabAlumni

Was out of pocket Saturday-Monday in the Deer woods, but I wanted to congratulate Ozark on a big victory. They had a solid game plan and executed it very well.

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 20, 2018, 09:06:46 am
Was out of pocket Saturday-Monday in the Deer woods, but I wanted to congratulate Ozark on a big victory. They had a solid game plan and executed it very well.

Did you get a deer ?

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 09:11:18 am
Did you get a deer ?

Shot a doe yesterday evening about 4 p.m.   Finally got tired of watching deer this weekend waiting on the big boy!

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 20, 2018, 09:32:46 am

Shot a doe yesterday evening about 4 p.m.   Finally got tired of watching deer this weekend waiting on the big boy!

They should be in prime rut this week. Surprised you did not see a buck with the does.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas