• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prairie Grove @ Lonoke

Started by RabAlumni, November 06, 2018, 02:12:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabAlumni

Congrats to the JackRabbits for earning a hosting site.  While I do not agree that a 3 seed should ever be a host, that is still very big for the Coaches, Players, and the Community. It has been several years now since the Rabbits have seen the Play-offs so hopefully this Friday night it will  be "Hoppin" in Lonoke. 

As for the game, I think Prairie Grove will present a lot of challenges up front for the Rabbits.  If Lonoke can limit mistakes however, I believe they will win this game in a close one by 6 points.

bulldoghistorian

Quite a few toss ups in round 1, and this is one of them!

x14113

Looking forward to seeing this one in person.

bilboswaggins

I'll talk trash tomorrow. See ya guys in a bit.

Little Bear

I think you know what you get with Prairie Grove....sound fundamental football.   Not as much talent as the past 3-4 years but scrappy kids who will play assignment football.  Won't have alot of penalties and may create turnovers.   Lonoke may be a mystery to some but really they are a running team.   If they can get their big back past the line of scrimmage and into the second level the PG lb's and secondary will have to drag him down after 8+ yards.   Lonoke has a speed back that will be able to out run all of  PG defenders if he gets a step past them.   Lonoke's passing game is very average.    This is a curious matchup and I say is a toss up as well.   

SUGARTOWN

I can't figure this game out either. PG has the recent tradition, but they have a long 1st round road trip and they clearly aren't as good as past years. Neither team can pass well, I would expect PG to come out running pretty good as their offense can be tricky if you haven't seen it before. How quickly the defense adjusts will be the key.

Lonoke likes to run as well and may give the PG defense trouble. But with no recent playoff success, I have no idea how they will respond. I see this game as being rather high scoring but close.

HeberFan

Lonoke can get off to a fast start, how good is PG at rallying late?

RZback

PG defense is not nearly as good as previous years but they can score points and I don't think Lonoke can stay with them offensively.  Lonoke will have to hold the score down to win.  PG gets into the 30's they win.   

RabAlumni

Quote from: RZback on November 07, 2018, 04:19:59 pm
PG defense is not nearly as good as previous years but they can score points and I don't think Lonoke can stay with them offensively.  Lonoke will have to hold the score down to win.  PG gets into the 30's they win.

Those yellow things on the ground might hold em down!   ;D

bilboswaggins

I may sound like one of the numerous crazy Pea Ridge fans here but eh, lets do this. PG got blown out twice this year by better teams. Pea Ridge should have not beaten us at home and if we played them again, the ridge would lose. Lincoln always plays amazing against PG but a better team they are not. I'd say PG wins on the road due to we aren't going down in the first round.

beach bum

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 07, 2018, 04:23:42 pm

Those yellow things on the ground might hold em down!   ;D

Lol.... That's horrible.

HeberFan

Pulling for our conference brothers -- go get 'em, Bunnies !

$aintMaximu$

PG got behind against Lincoln and scored I believe 21 unanswered and quick...  PG has to clean up special teams, kicking game, etc...  They do that and they can win this one for sure...

HeberFan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 08, 2018, 08:58:38 am
PG got behind against Lincoln and scored I believe 21 unanswered and quick...  PG has to clean up special teams, kicking game, etc...  They do that and they can win this one for sure...

Did they score quickly with passing?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 09:36:28 am
Did they score quickly with passing?

No.

And they got behind Lincoln because they couldn't cover an onside kick.

Mr. Nobody

As much as both teams like to run the ball, it will probably be a very short game

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 08, 2018, 10:01:32 am
No.

And they got behind Lincoln because they couldn't cover an onside kick.

Onside kick and the pooch kick...  Go to the PG telco link and click archives...  Watch the second half of the Shiloh game...  Same thing happened in Lincoln..

http://www.pgtelco.com/?q=prairie-grove-sports

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 08, 2018, 10:45:04 am
Onside kick and the pooch kick...  Go to the PG telco link and click archives...  Watch the second half of the Shiloh game...  Same thing happened in Lincoln..

http://www.pgtelco.com/?q=prairie-grove-sports

They don't have any of the current season's games up right now but I've already watched them both...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 08, 2018, 10:47:32 am
They don't have any of the current season's games up right now but I've already watched them both...

Yeah,  looks like they are all set to private....   Trust us  ;D ,  kick onside and pooch kicks.. The odds are in your favor...

SUGARTOWN

I think I'm going to attend this matchup. It's going to be a good one.

CoachRH

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 08, 2018, 10:54:06 am
Yeah,  looks like they are all set to private....   Trust us  ;D ,  kick onside and pooch kicks.. The odds are in your favor...
This is too funny!  Really feel bad for them!
:) :) :)

RabAlumni

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 08, 2018, 08:16:56 pm
I think I'm going to attend this matchup. It's going to be a good one.

Come on down... I would imagine the town will have the stands packed tonight! It is surely an interesting match-up that's no doubt. Honestly, whoever wins this game I kinda like their chances next week too. I don't know why, but call me crazy!

HeberFan

I feel like special teams will decide this one. Something odd will happen on a cold night.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 08, 2018, 10:54:06 am
Too soon....

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: bilboswaggins on November 09, 2018, 09:07:00 am
Too soon....

Sorry....  Has to be painful...  Tonight they will clean that up!  I think PG just needs to stick with what works... Sneak that pass in every 8 to 9 plays...  Clean up the mistakes and they are good to go!

RabAlumni

5 more hours until Kick-Off....  Safe travels to all of the PG folks as I know they probably left around 10-11 this morning to catch some lunch, etc.

SUGARTOWN

PG takes the opening kick (failed Lonoke onside attempt) and scores in 4 plays. 7-0

SUGARTOWN

Lonoke answers, QB Bryant with most of the yardage. 7-7 mid 1st

SUGARTOWN

Lonoke forces a PG punt then runs it down the field and scores again. 14-7 Rabbits

SUGARTOWN

Tigers block a punt and recover at Rabbits 11, QB runs it in 3 plays later. 14-14

SUGARTOWN

Lonoke tries a double pass back to QB on last play of half, second pass was a lateral that fell short, Heltemes gets a scoop and score. Terrible play call. 2 or conversion attempt fails. 20-14 PG at half

I can't see either team beating Ozark next week.

CoachRH

SUGARTOWN

November 09, 2018, 08:57:10 pm #32 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:01:01 pm by SUGARTOWN
PG going for strip instead of tackle and Parks for 30 yds for the TD.  35-20 Rabbits, 7:16 left.

Heltemes from 54, TD PG. And for some reason they go for 2 again and fail. Poor coaching decision. 35-26 Rabbits.

RabAlumni

Nobody said it had to be the best played game, but the better team won the game tonight. Congrats Rabs!

HeberFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas