• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas High School Rivalries

Started by razorback5, May 12, 2006, 11:48:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chrismurphy19

Conway v. Russellville

Got EXTREMELY heated in the mid to late 90s, and got even more heated when one of the most promising athletes in Conway at the time transferred to Russellville to play quarterback. The game is almost always an exciting one.

oh, p.s.....Go Cyclones

Texarkana_Piggie

back in the 70s arkansas high used to play conway in a non conference game every year.  they finally quit the series.  every game ended in a fight.  when we were in the conference with hot springs, every year, visiting buses got rocked leaving the stadium.  it was ugly.

Deltaboy

"SHOWKILLER"

Quote from: The Juggernaut on May 15, 2006, 09:50:03 pm
Surprised with as many Booneville posters around here, Booneville - Ozark hasn't been mentioned.

I'll say it!!!

BOONEVILLE-OZARK!!!

memphisguy

Starting this year it will be the Marion and West Memphis game. The first game in football will be at West Memphis and there won't be enough parking or seating.

RD™

Mike you had it wrong..

West Confidence Vs East (Lack There Of)

:)

Lions84

mtindian42

WPWells

Charleston-Booneville. Don't believe me? Go look at the thread

LJ06

Y'all brought a thread back alive from 2006? Wth?

AirWarren

Man. Occasionally someone will bump the 2006 title game thread.

Jack1990

Yeah...seen that happen and hate it when it does!

AirWarren

Jack1990

He's gotta get pleasure from somewhere!

Lions84

Rison and Fordyce is another good one.

Clara Allen

From my high school days:  Mineral Springs- Murfreesboro and Mineral-Dierks:  always ugly.  Mineral -Nashville had the prospects to be ugly, but we didn't play each other in anything but basketball.  That could get heated fast.
As mentioned: Russellville-Conway in anything. When my kids were in school that rivalry in soccer was tremendous and football was just plain nasty!

For me: Lamar-Clarksville, just because we are 5 miles apart and Lamar-Paris, just because we do not like each other

WPWells

Nashville-Stuttgart AKA "We're just here to talk about the past"

cuckoobird

Nashville doesnt have much of a past

AVGBBFAN

Nettleton ve Truman in the day.
Bay vs riverside or BIC
Jonesboro Westside vs Pocahontas

Ventman

Carlisle vs Hazen, Highway 70 smack down!

Lions84

January 28, 2015, 03:21:02 pm #70 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:18:44 am by Lions84
We are filled with these and some body needs to write a book on them.

Hornet4ever

Hackett vs Mountainburg

I've been apart of this as a player and as a fan. This game is always heated, no matter the score or the other teams record. I haven't been to a Hackett vs Burg game where it didn't get interesting. Sure is fun though, love the small town atmopsphere and the tension between the two.

Lions84

Till 1985 Clarendon and Holly Grove was always a knock down drag out game.

WCD

I would say that Harding Academy -v- Barton would be considered a rivalry. It's not as big as it once was since the demise of the Barton Bears from Papa Frank's era.

I would also say that at one time Harding Academy -v- Des Arc was a big rivalry but since HA was moved to the 3A, they don't play each other any more. Sad.

WCD ;D

Lions84

Quote from: WCD on January 18, 2016, 11:26:12 am
I would say that Harding Academy -v- Barton would be considered a rivalry. It's not as big as it once was since the demise of the Barton Bears from Papa Frank's era.

I would also say that at one time Harding Academy -v- Des Arc was a big rivalry but since HA was moved to the 3A, they don't play each other any more. Sad.

WCD ;D

True!

Pat Swilling

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas