• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 year in review

Started by Oldref, April 07, 2015, 03:36:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldref

Been about three weeks since it all ended at Hot Springs.....wanted to share a few thoughts and even a few facts about the year from my perspective. Saw a lot of good teams and coaches and visited some new places I had never been before. Really enjoyed making those trips and meeting so many nice folks. Also really proud of how the teams all played so hard at state and acted on the floor. Proud of Bay for wearing a big target all year but still achieving the main goal they had set for themselves. Great bunch of kids and coaches! Thanks Yellowjackets from an old guy that loved watching you all play!!!

Bay finished 40-5  losses were to Marmaduke, Pocahontas, EPC, Riverside and Marked Tree. Bay also beat all of those teams at least once by double figures except for Pocahontas......only played Poky once and lost.
Didn't lose to a 1A team all year......Bay at Emerson was a 5 point win for Bay. Rest of 1A  wins were 10 or more points.
Average margin of victory at state was 28.5 Closest game was semifinals against Kirby (won by 14)
8 of top 10 players return next year for Bay.
One that graduated is very good......as in one of the best ever :)

Teams to watch next  year in no particular order....Emerson, Kirby, Nevada, Bay and probably some other team like Acorn was this year..... really good that no one thought about.

Bay is pretty good at Baseball this year also so who knows...... maybe another state tournament trip down south is coming:-)

Everyone have a great summer!!!!!!

bscinar

Good recap - it was a fun year to watch the Yellowjackets.

J.D.

Quote from: Oldref on April 07, 2015, 03:36:57 pm
Been about three weeks since it all ended at Hot Springs.....wanted to share a few thoughts and even a few facts about the year from my perspective. Saw a lot of good teams and coaches and visited some new places I had never been before. Really enjoyed making those trips and meeting so many nice folks. Also really proud of how the teams all played so hard at state and acted on the floor. Proud of Bay for wearing a big target all year but still achieving the main goal they had set for themselves. Great bunch of kids and coaches! Thanks Yellowjackets from an old guy that loved watching you all play!!!

Bay finished 40-5  losses were to Marmaduke, Pocahontas, EPC, Riverside and Marked Tree. Bay also beat all of those teams at least once by double figures except for Pocahontas......only played Poky once and lost.
Didn't lose to a 1A team all year......Bay at Emerson was a 5 point win for Bay. Rest of 1A  wins were 10 or more points.
Average margin of victory at state was 28.5 Closest game was semifinals against Kirby (won by 14)

Teams to watch next  year in no particular order....Emerson, Kirby, Nevada, Bay and probably some other team like Acorn was this year..... really good that no one thought about.

Bay is pretty good at Baseball this year also so who knows...... maybe another state tournament trip down south is coming:-)

Respect.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on April 07, 2015, 03:36:57 pm

Even I can't think of anything witty to try to take away from Bay's accomplishments this season..

+1

Buck Douff

my congrats to Bay for an outstanding season as well.  There was a very athletic young man on their junior team (I assume he was a 9th grader, from the sideline looked to be 6'3' or so) who could challenge some of the returners for playing time next year. Still way too early of course, but Bay looks like the team to beat at this point.

The other teams mentioned are all quality teams and deserve to be considered. I would also add County Line to that list as well.  Although losing two starters, they return their 6'5" post, and will have strong sophomore and junior classes next year. No "star" but 7or 8 quality players who have been playing together since grade school.

They are young, but could make some noise come tournament time.

Backboard Shattered

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas