• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview-Nemo Vista Play-By-Play and Chatter

Started by WPWells, March 12, 2015, 05:10:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 10:00:18 pm
Who was the better team going into this one

IMO it was Nemo Vista...they split the season series 2-2 though..WV took the 2 games they played at Wonderview..

WPWells

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Zimmerman can't get the shot off in time...NEMO Vista Lady Red Hawks Go Back to Back as State Champions!

Donnie Jamon

HorseFeathers

Donnie Jamon

arstatechamp13

Any time you allow 13 offensive rebounds while only getting 1 you can't expect to win.

Donnie Jamon

I wasn't watching or listening. Just thought I should say it lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 10:04:15 pm
We're they in the same conf?

yes...The schools are literally minutes apart in Conway County...They've played 10 times the last 2 years...

Donnie Jamon

That's a cool story. I figured the Zimmerman girl would be dominant but didnt seem that way.

HorseFeathers

One more thing....of the 7 players that seen time tonight for Nemo Vista...6 come back for next year...5 of those played on both title teams...

Donnie Jamon

Good lord. They are like a Junction City lol

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Anyone hear who got MVP? I figure it was either Mahan or Harrison....

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Fatcat

Quote from: HF on March 12, 2015, 10:04:13 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 10:03:29 pm
Foul

Na...time ran out before she even tried to get it off...

If you click this link and watch this video circulating facebook of the last few seconds of the game you will see that Zimmerman was fouled by Mahan while making a last second 3 pt shot that she did get off before the buzzer. She should have got to shoot 3 free throws to win the game, send it to OT, or just lose the game fair and square. This same situation happened in the semi-final game against Kirby and Nemo and the Kirby player was allowed her free throws. If you stop the video at 0.01 you will see the ball in the air and the backboard not lit up yet. They need a way to review State games . Hard loss for Wonderview.

https://instagram.com/p/0NSzi4BIAN/

WPWells

The only issue was the buzzer had gone off before she took the shot. Nemo Vista won state. Let them enjoy it

Fatcat

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 15, 2015, 11:21:01 am
The only issue was the buzzer had gone off before she took the shot. Nemo Vista won state. Let them enjoy it

No the buzzer did not go off before the shot. That's what the video proves. Oh ok let them enjoy it and Wonderview girls just forget their hardwork? 20 minutes, 2 minutes, 2 seconds a foul is still a foul. I didn't set the rules for the game of basketball. Either way it doesn't change the outcome, but it does show there could have been a different outcome had she been allowed her free throw. I'm just  saying on a State game the refs should be more attentive or have a way to review. They knew it was coming down to the last second.

WPWells

Oh sorry. I didn't realize that Wonderview worked hard and Nemo didn't. I guess we should have just let the officials decide that game

By the way, not a foul. Zimmerman initiated the contact

Fatcat

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 15, 2015, 11:43:30 am
Oh sorry. I didn't realize that Wonderview worked hard and Nemo didn't. I guess we should have just let the officials decide that game

I didn't say they didn't work hard both teams did. Just said Wonderview shouldn't dismiss their hardwork over this. Oh yes..Zimmerman initiates the foul every time! Lol
I've never saw so much hating on a  young kid for being successful at a sport. She still has basketball without this game.

WPWells

March 15, 2015, 12:11:06 pm #72 Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:35:01 pm by 12th Man CHS
No one hated

And apparently you don't understand what it means for the offensive player to initiate the contact

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fatcat on March 15, 2015, 12:09:07 pm

I didn't say they didn't work hard both teams did. Just said Wonderview shouldn't dismiss their hardwork over this. Oh yes..Zimmerman initiates the foul every time! Lol
I've never saw so much hating on a  young kid for being successful at a sport. She still has basketball without this game.

...Watched approximately 3 dozen wonderview games since Zimmerman moved up...She got the benefit of the doubt on the majority of her calls. She was allowed to literally run folks over and get the block call instead of a charge. The few times I seen the charge called, you could tell from her and the fans reactions that it was a very rare call....It's tough that a missed call was on the last shot of the finals, but then again...All the iffy calls she got in her favor during the years had to catch up at some point...

End of the story is Nemo Won, Wonderview Lost...

Fatcat

Quote from: HF on March 15, 2015, 08:23:20 pm
Quote from: Fatcat on March 15, 2015, 12:09:07 pm

...Watched approximately 3 dozen wonderview games since Zimmerman moved up...She got the benefit of the doubt on the majority of her calls. She was allowed to literally run folks over and get the block call instead of a charge. The few times I seen the charge called, you could tell from her and the fans reactions that it was a very rare call....It's tough that a missed call was on the last shot of the finals, but then again...All the iffy calls she got in her favor during the years had to catch up at some point...

End of the story is Nemo Won, Wonderview Lost...

My point is that BZ was fouled shooting a three with time left on the clock. Wonderview got a raw deal. Nothing to do with what happened in years past. Video proves it

Fatcat

you are wrong my friend. Mahan rode her like a horse from the time she caught it until it left her hands. I talked to several Nemo people who said everyone in gym knew she got hacked. At least the competent ones

WPWells

Guess what. You still don't have a trophy

Btw if she rode her the whole way then she technically was fouled before she shot the three

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fatcat on March 15, 2015, 08:58:18 pm

you are wrong my friend. Mahan rode her like a horse from the time she caught it until it left her hands. I talked to several Nemo people who said everyone in gym knew she got hacked. At least the competent ones

....Are we watching the same video?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fatcat on March 15, 2015, 08:58:18 pm

Am I the only one seeing the daylight until the bump during the shot? I'm not denying that it could have been called, I've seen ticky tack refs do it all the time...But you are acting like she was wrapped up on her or something. I mean I know Wonderview fans don't understand that playing good defense isn't a foul(unless it's their players slapping arms etc), but come on now.....

Catfish

I'm beyond tired of hearing about the no call on Zimmerman. NO REF ON THIS PLANET WOULD CALL THAT IN THE STATE FINALS! Let the players determine the outcome! Nemo KILLED WV on the glass. They did a great job on Zimmerman as well! The bump was caused by Zimmerman. Yes it looks like she got the shot off before the buzzer, but you cannot expect that call in the state finals. Great season for BOTH teams! Congrats to Nemo on back to back titles! Let the kids enjoy it.

playhard

No need to call out the WV fan base HF you are replying to one person not the entire school! I think most WV fans understand the game very well that is probably why you are only hearing from 1 person about the no call at the end.

WPWells

HF has been to several WV games this year so I'm guessing he's going off what he's actually seen

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on March 16, 2015, 12:39:07 pm
I'm beyond tired of hearing about the no call on Zimmerman. NO REF ON THIS PLANET WOULD CALL THAT IN THE STATE FINALS! Let the players determine the outcome! Nemo KILLED WV on the glass. They did a great job on Zimmerman as well! The bump was caused by Zimmerman. Yes it looks like she got the shot off before the buzzer, but you cannot expect that call in the state finals. Great season for BOTH teams! Congrats to Nemo on back to back titles! Let the kids enjoy it.
+1 Well said.

Bristol

WPWells

Was it called a foul? If not it wasn't a foul

ECS walked two years ago on their buzzer beating layup to beat Charleston, but the officials didn't call it, so guess what, he didn't walk

FreeMoney

Haha this is hilarious. Nemo had fouls to give at the end and "quite possibly " could have been employing a little strategy there trying to foul before she was in the act of shooting. Moot point but argue away because it's quite entertaining. Foul before the shot -- game over.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on March 16, 2015, 12:39:07 pm

That bump earned her very very many fouls in her 4 year career....And outside of their games in St Vincent this year, Nemo Vista was probably the best at containing Zimmerman this year...

Quote from: FreeMoney on March 16, 2015, 08:26:35 pm
Haha this is hilarious. Nemo had fouls to give at the end and "quite possibly " could have been employing a little strategy there trying to foul before she was in the act of shooting. Moot point but argue away because it's quite entertaining. Foul before the shot -- game over.

This changes the whole argument.....

HorseFeathers

March 16, 2015, 09:00:26 pm #87 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:05:59 pm by HF
To Playhard...you are probably right, the whole fanbase isn't bad...Just they seem to have more than the average school(and really certain that Zimmerman could do no wrong)...But will hand it to them, those guys are a passionate group. I think they had as many at the Game in Harrison vs Kingston, as they do at a normal Home game.....

And for the record, when I actually do attend games at Hector...I just wish our fans got half as involved in the games as Wonderview's do...Or well even our student section?

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 16, 2015, 01:33:28 pm
HF has been to several WV games this year so I'm guessing he's going off what he's actually seen

probably around a dozen this year....They're like a second home team for me...haha

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 16, 2015, 09:00:26 pm
To Playhard...you are probably right, the whole fanbase isn't bad...Just they seem to have more than the average school(and really certain that Zimmerman could do no wrong)...But will hand it to them, those guys are a passionate group. I think they had as many at the Game in Harrison vs Kingston, as they do at a normal Home game.....

And for the record, when I actually do attend games at Hector...I just wish our fans got half as involved in the games as Wonderview's do...Or well even our student section?

probably around a dozen this year....They're like a second home team for me...haha

They don't even know who you are

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on March 16, 2015, 09:35:38 pm

Nope.....

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 16, 2015, 09:36:51 pm

Nope.....

Speaking of, shouldn't we be driving to Bay this year to eat at a place somewhere nearby, much like we did for Concord?

J.D.

Nope.....

Can you imagine the amount of people from that area that are trying to figure out who you are by your initials HF lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on March 16, 2015, 09:40:32 pm

Nope.....

Speaking of, shouldn't we be driving to Bay this year to eat at a place somewhere nearby, much like we did for Concord?

Do you feel safe going to Bay?

RDP96

I do not have a dog in this fight. But looking at the video it was a foul, do you know how many times a foul has been called on the defensive player when the offensive player has initiated the contact?  But I also understand the refs not wanted to make a judgement call at the end of the game.

Chalant

I have absolutely no investment in this but it looks like a foul to me. I don't see offensive girl initiating contact. I see the defensive girl take a bad angle and run into the offensive girl as she is going up. The fact it is pretty much a body foul and the defender keeps her hands up and away probably saves the foul from being called.

In terms of not calling it...that's a tough one. I personally believe if it is a foul in the 1st quarter then it is a foul with :01 seconds left too.

You see this type of foul many times in the paint. I don't know why but officials will say "she was straight up" like it excuses the entire body knocking the crap out of someone.

Basketballfan13

Watching the video I'll agree it could be a foul, but I wouldn't expect it to be called and not because its the end of the game but because you cant really judge how much contact there is when someone takes an off balance 3 off one foot. There definitely could have been a little contact there but I wouldn't expect it called in the 1st or 4th quarter of any game.

And JD i thought his initials stood for Hector Fan?

J.D.

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 17, 2015, 08:15:14 am
Watching the video I'll agree it could be a foul, but I wouldn't expect it to be called and not because its the end of the game but because you cant really judge how much contact there is when someone takes an off balance 3 off one foot. There definitely could have been a little contact there but I wouldn't expect it called in the 1st or 4th quarter of any game.

It does but they don't know that.  8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 17, 2015, 08:15:14 am

Leave it to a guy from Acorn to blow my cover...geez

Backboard Shattered

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas