• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts/Predictions on Championship Games

Started by epotts, March 10, 2015, 02:03:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

epotts

Thoughts and predictions on who will win the championships in girls and boys

arstatechamp13

Hate to say it but I'll take Bay in a very close game and Wonderview by 10+. Wonderview girls will be ticked off and ready. They've made it too far too many times for the seniors on this team to let it slip again

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 10, 2015, 02:41:03 pm
Hate to say it but I'll take Bay in a very close game and Wonderview by 10+. Wonderview girls will be ticked off and ready. They've made it too far too many times for the seniors on this team to let it slip again
I completely agree with this entire post. Emerson will have to really bring it because Bay is always hungry this time of year and they've been here on multiple occasions. As for the girls game, I'll take Wonderview as well. They really want to go out on top this time around after falling just short last season. Mercy ruled both opponents in previous two games. Series is tied 2-2 for the year and all the chips are on the table for the fifth and final matchup.

PuddlePirate12

I'm not going to lie. Bay is the better team. If Emerson wins I'm sure everyone will say Bay lost it, not Emerson won it. And that may be true. Win or lose I'm proud of those boys. They've worked hard from 7th grade to get where they are. They've made this town proud!

dragondad

I'm going with the Pirates, they're hungry and I think the last game woke them up. I agree with Puddle, theses boys have worked hard since 7th grade to see themselves with this opportunity and they've done it. I'm not going to start doubting them now. There's two seniors on the bench that hasn't seen much playing time in years but they've never deserted their team, been there for every game and every practice. That, to me, shows more heart and character than anything I've seen on the floor.

Bigbird2012

I have to go with Emerson by 5 in OT. Bay is the better team no doubt who wouldn't be when you have, well never mind I'm not even going to go there!  >:( I have seen Emerson play some good ball as well as some lazy sorry ball but when it comes to something they want BAD I believe they will  succeed! I watched them play JC and nobody with any sense can tell me Emerson has more athletes and better ball players than JC but they still beat them and played with more heart and aggression than I have EVER seen them play. I am also pulling for Coach Nix in this one. He isn't going to get much recognition because for 1 he is a young coach and its his 4th or maybe 5th year coaching and 2 he is going up against Coach B who has been in the game awhile and has people who worship him but he is a heck of coach as well. So it would tickle me to death to see the Emerson Pirates win the state Championship.

Silky Johnson

I'll take Bay. Coach Brannen has specific game plans for these postseason games and with him already winning 2 rings Im sure he will have another good plan for his 4th trip to the State Finals.

Bigbird2012

Catfish

Boys: Bay wins. I watched Emerson twice in Nashville and I just wasn't impressed. Bay by 15

Girls:Nemo Vista wins. Nemo is the better TEAM. Zimmerman is a GREAT player but if they contain her like they did in the Regional Finals I say Nemo by 6. To many options for Nemo, and if they keep the ball out of Zimmermans hands Wonderview will be all out of sync.

Excited to head to Hot Spring Thursday afternoon! Good luck to all 4 teams!

hawk16

No way Emerson will win. Emerson might want it bad but so does Bay. They're playing really good basketball right now. Plus there are three players on that team that has been there before. Bay by 10+.

MyView

Quote from: Catfish on March 10, 2015, 05:30:27 pm
Boys: Bay wins. I watched Emerson twice in Nashville and I just wasn't impressed. Bay by 15

Girls:Nemo Vista wins. Nemo is the better TEAM. Zimmerman is a GREAT player but if they contain her like they did in the Regional Finals I say Nemo by 6. To many options for Nemo, and if they keep the ball out of Zimmermans hands Wonderview will be all out of sync.

Excited to head to Hot Spring Thursday afternoon! Good luck to all 4 teams!

You hit it right on the head, about the girls' match-up!
Nemo knows how to keep Zimmerman from scoring 40, unlike the teams they played so far in State!

J.D.

Girls: I'm not sure who will win.  Both teams are deserving of the state title. 

Boys:  :-\

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: hawk16 on March 10, 2015, 06:07:27 pm
No way Emerson will win. Emerson might want it bad but so does Bay. They're playing really good basketball right now. Plus there are three players on that team that has been there before. Bay by 10+.

There were a couple for Wonderview that had been there before.. As well as concord.

hawk16

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 10, 2015, 06:53:17 pm

There were a couple for Wonderview that had been there before.. As well as concord.
How many from Emerson?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: hawk16 on March 10, 2015, 07:42:15 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 10, 2015, 06:53:17 pm

How many from Emerson?

None. But they're here. That's the point. Having experience doesn't make you unbeatable.  Nor does having inexperience make you more likely to lose. Emerson's played more state playoff games in the last two years so I guess they have more recent experience. I'm not going to get into an argument with anyone anymore. It's pointless. You're right I'm wrong.

Beast Boy

dragondad

I think it's a 4 pt game regardless of who the winner is.   I'm still saying Emerson takes the win.

Czarcasm

Wonderview and Nemo have played 10 times over the last 2 years. 8 times with both teams having 9 of the 10 same starters. Both teams know each others sets, who to guard, out of bounds plays. This game is a toss up. I think it will just come down to who can knock down their 3 points shots.
I would like to see district and regional tournaments taken out so you don't have a chancr to see the same team for 3 weeks straight.
Will 20 be playing for Emmerson? If so Bay will win by 10. If not it might be much larger spread.

Pirate1992

Emerson Bay game go be a tight game neck & neck, for all that didn't know theses two teams played in December Bay won by 5 points  which game was won by free throws in the last minute of the game,, which what most likely be the which ever team make free throws will win Thursday. Bay will run a box in one on #20 fa-sho, if emerson can still score with guard play I give Emerson the win  by 3..

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Pirate1992 on March 10, 2015, 09:55:24 pm
Emerson Bay game go be a tight game neck & neck, for all that didn't know theses two teams played in December Bay won by 5 points  which game was won by free throws in the last minute of the game,, which what most likely be the which ever team make free throws will win Thursday. Bay will run a box in one on #20 fa-sho, if emerson can still score with guard play I give Emerson the win  by 3..

Hello Pirate1992! Welcome to fearless. If you're rooting for Emerson the majority of the people here will hate you! Lol

Pirate1992

Hahahaha im used to that.. but im go call it fair... Bay good & Emerson good too.. & it get too ruff I got ur back Puddle..lol

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Pirate1992 on March 10, 2015, 10:23:45 pm
Hahahaha im used to that.. but im go call it fair... Bay good & Emerson good too.. & it get too ruff I got ur back Puddle..lol

I got yours too. Us Pirate fans gotta stick together! I suppose you'll be at the game Thursday?

Pirate1992

Go try to be, if I dnt have to work  :(.. if I dnt will be there screaming with the rest of the gang..lol

Backboard Shattered

Bay with all 28 assasstant coaches and the sophomore Bay by 3.  Bay with 2 coaches and no kids that moved in Emerson by 20+!   Should be great finals I'll be there checking balls sweeping and checking for cheatifications and giving ramiifications!  Hyroken

jk

Look for Bay to win by 15-20, sure hope I'm wrong. I think everyone not from Bay will be pulling for Emerson. I know I will.
Girls game should be a dandy, gonna go with Wonderview this time

jacket3

Bay-Emerson game will be close, too close for me to call but i'll say it will be a 3 pt game either way and gl to both teams . they've both fought hard to get here and hate to have a loser in this one . They both deserve to win.

yesteryearman

Looks like Bay by 20+.....they should be playing in the 6A or 7A tournament....I don't see anyone in any of the other classes being able to beat them.

Moonshiner

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 11, 2015, 11:42:52 am
Looks like Bay by 20+.....they should be playing in the 6A or 7A tournament....I don't see anyone in any of the other classes being able to beat them.

Surely you're being sarcastic

yesteryearman

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 11, 2015, 11:45:21 am
Quote from: yesteryearman on March 11, 2015, 11:42:52 am

Surely you're being sarcastic

Nope, that's the way I see it.  Honestly, who in Class 2A thru 5A could Bay not play with and probably beat?  They may have lost to some 2A or 3A schools during the year but that was regular season.  Bay is just too deep, strong, and talented over 32min for Class A schools.

Moonshiner

Emerson might not beat them, but either team in the 3A final could.  ECS might even blow them out. They are good, but not unbeatable.

PuddlePirate12

Batman44

Quote from: jk on March 11, 2015, 07:28:41 am
Look for Bay to win by 15-20, sure hope I'm wrong. I think everyone not from Bay will be pulling for Emerson. I know I will.

I'm not from Bay, and I'm pulling for them!! Wouldn't even mind seeing them mercy rule them, even though I know that's not gonna happen. I just hope they win.

RedWolf275

Bay by 10+ over Emerson. But I'm pretty sure JC,Earle or ECS would have their way with them.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Batman44 on March 11, 2015, 12:38:56 pm

I'm not from Bay, and I'm pulling for them!! Wouldn't even mind seeing them mercy rule them, even though I know that's not gonna happen. I just hope they win.

What did Emerson do to you? And a mercy rule is likely if what I just heard is true

Bigbird2012

Emerson beat JC  ::)

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2015, 12:42:32 pm
Bay by 10+ over Emerson. But I'm pretty sure JC,Earle or ECS would have their way with them.

yesteryearman

Since Bay obviously won't play JC, ECS, Earle, Bentonville, etc, I'm saying that in any other year Emerson might have a legitimate shot at a championship.  This Bay team is, from the time I saw them play, and from what I've read, exceptional for an Arkansas Class A size school.

RedWolf275

Oh. Now that's an entirely different statement than the other post.

yesteryearman

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2015, 01:06:23 pm

How is it different?  I said that I predict they will win by 20.  I said that they are talented and well-coached enough to play with any of the other 2A thru 5A schools.  I said that, since they don't play we won't know for sure how they would do against JC, ECS, or any of the other very good higher classification schools.  I said that Bay is just too talented, deep, strong and well coached for typical, year to year Class A schools.   Those of you who know, tell us, is this the best team Bay has had over the last six years, where they have been to the tournament 5 times and to the finals, what 3 or 4 times?  Have they had another player as good as Watson?  How would this Bay team do against last years Concord team?  If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but if this is truly an exceptional Class A team, should they not win the state championship?

RedWolf275

I definitely think they will win the 1A championship. I have seen Bay play a few times each year for the past 5-6 years and I am not sure this is their best team.

jk

Bay is very good, but I could name at least a dozen 2a-5a teams that I think woud beat them on a neutral court. Hopefully Emerson will be #13, but I don't think so

yesteryearman

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2015, 01:35:34 pm
I definitely think they will win the 1A championship. I have seen Bay play a few times each year for the past 5-6 years and I am not sure this is their best team.

Did any of those teams have anyone even close to as good as Watson?  My point being, if they didn't, then he is the difference maker, able to score or assist almost at will against typical Class A teams and that would include the Bay teams of the last 5-6yrs, and the teams they either beat to win championship, or that beat them in semi or finals.  I guess I'm saying that I just don't see how this Bay team could lose to typical Class A teams in a tournament situation.  I didn't see the Bay teams of the last 5-6yrs, but if any of them were better than this team, then Bay should be working on winning 5 out of 6 instead of 3 out of 6.

Silky Johnson

March 11, 2015, 02:05:30 pm #41 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:07:37 pm by Silky Johnson

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 11, 2015, 01:20:20 pm
Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2015, 01:06:23 pm

How is it different?  I said that I predict they will win by 20.  I said that they are talented and well-coached enough to play with any of the other 2A thru 5A schools.  I said that, since they don't play we won't know for sure how they would do against JC, ECS, or any of the other very good higher classification schools.  I said that Bay is just too talented, deep, strong and well coached for typical, year to year Class A schools.   Those of you who know, tell us, is this the best team Bay has had over the last six years, where they have been to the tournament 5 times and to the finals, what 3 or 4 times?  Have they had another player as good as Watson?  How would this Bay team do against last years Concord team?  If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but if this is truly an exceptional Class A team, should they not win the state championship?
Last years Concord team would've locked down this years Bay team.

Silky Johnson

Last years concord was good but I wouldn't consider them a great defensive team. They only played a few competitive games last year but that wasn't all their fault or maybe it was because they would just blow people out lol. I guess we'll never know but if last years South Side Bee Branch could play concord within 4-5 points like they did in regionals I'd say Bay has a shot. Colton Watson would be really hard to stop and if Bay could ever stay out of foul trouble it would be a fun game to see.

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 11, 2015, 12:56:11 pm

What did Emerson do to you? And a mercy rule is likely if what I just heard is true

Don't tell me..

Batman44

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 11, 2015, 12:56:11 pm

Hey Puddle, Emerson has done nothing to me to upset me. I think they are a VERY good team, and I drove to Emerson the night Bay played them. Great game! My only point was that I will be pulling for Bay, and very well could be the only one not from Bay doing so. The mercy rule comment was just a way of saying that if they were getting that far ahead, I could rest easy. I expect a very close game. BTW, what have you heard? Hope Emerson is at full strength.

dragondad

Emerson won't be mercy ruled, and they're going to be fine Puddle.

Catfish

I'm definitely hoping Emerson can pull it off and prove me wrong. Not a Bay fan at all. Never have liked them. But they're good. Really good.

Batman44

C'mon Catfish, you know deep down, you're a Bay fan.  :)

Catfish

Quote from: Batman44 on March 11, 2015, 04:19:18 pm
C'mon Catfish, you know deep down, you're a Bay fan.  :)

I like the purple and gold! But I know some guys it looks better on!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas