• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 4 Boys

Started by PuddlePirate12, March 08, 2015, 11:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PuddlePirate12

We have 4 Acorn vs 1 Emerson and 1 Bay vs 2 Kirby. What are y'all's thoughts and predictions on these matchups

WPWells

Ctucker

basketballmom#3

Emerson over Acorn by 20
Kirby over Bay by 12

PuddlePirate12

Hey I seriously think Kirby will give Bay a run for their money. They did well against Roby and Siebenmorgan tonight. And they're playing some good ball. But I have to go with Bay by 5 and Emerson by 20. I hope I'm wrong about the Bay prediction! Go Trojans and Pirates! Would be as good of a final as any

elvis26

;D I have to go with emerson and Kirby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sideliner

Good grief what some match-ups!!!
Hoping to see Emerson amd Kirby in the finals. Bay will be very hard to beat though. Kirby will have to bring their A game.
Emerson over Acorn by 20.
Go Region 4!

Batman44

Bay vs Emerson in finals! Bay to win state.

bscinar

I am a homer, but I am with Batman on this one.

sideliner

March 09, 2015, 12:31:30 am #9 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:33:17 am by sideliner
So is there a finals schedule yet? I want to start working on being off that day. Is 1A usually during weekend or do the finals start on Thursday?

J.D.

March 09, 2015, 12:50:23 am #10 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:53:55 am by J.D.
Kirby and Emerson.

Good luck to all four deserving teams, may the best teams win.

BasketballNeverStops

Kirby and Emerson all day.

smackdat014

Emerson over Acorn by 20

Kirby over bay by 8

Finals: Emerson vs Kirby

Let's go Trojans and pirates!!

jk

Gotta go with Bay and Emerson, on neutral court Bay beats Kirby by 15. I know it's not home court but next best thing. Still look for Bay to pull away at end. Emerson wins by 15. By the way 2 worst games I've seen County line and Scranton play this year but 2 teams they played had alot to do with that. Gym will be rock'n when Bay and Kirby play. Congrats

BoxNOne

Emerson by 20
Bay by 12

HorseFeathers

emerson by ten plus......and kirby in the upset. Region 4 could finally get their first title in ten years...

NEArkie

@ArkActAssnAAA:
2015 Basketball Finals Schedule: Thursday, March 12th
3:30 pm  3A Boys
5:15 pm  3A Girls
7:00 pm  1A Boys
8:45 pm  1A Girls

hasbeen25

I do have to say that Acorn Boys proved themselves today! They were completely written off and gave Emerson a run for their money! Being  their first time to state and being the major underdog and still be able to play like that shows a lot about their mental game. Very impressed!

sideliner

Man I hate I missed thay game. Acorn peaked at the right time. They played great all week. It was almost the perfect underdog story!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: sideliner on March 09, 2015, 04:47:00 pm
Man I hate I missed thay game. Acorn peaked at the right time. They played great all week. It was almost the perfect underdog story!

The acorn team today and the acorn team at regionals were two different teams! You can tell they wanted it bad

Backboard Shattered

I'm gonna say Bay by 5 if they dress out all 15 coaches and the super sophomore if they go 2 coaches like most teams and sit out sophomore I say Kirby by 44.  Smith is a class act Coach!  And when they hyroken I get pumped

sideliner

Calling is TERRIBLE for both teams. Every call is a makeup call.

bscinar

This is the worst officiated game I have seen down here. Too inconsistent with the calls

sideliner

This is awful. Neither team can play because the officiating is so bad.

J.D.

Quote from: J.D. on March 09, 2015, 12:50:23 am
Kirby and Emerson.

Good luck to all four deserving teams, may the best teams win.

I changed this thinking Kirby might have a shot as well as they've played.

Bay is just flat out good.  Watson is a game changer. #23 is really good as well. 

BoxNOne

Watson probably best in 1A and Pritchett probably top five. Hard to lose with that firepower.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 09, 2015, 06:44:25 pm
Watson probably best in 1A and Pritchett probably top five. Hard to lose with that firepower.

They wouldn't be where they are without watson. Thats for sure

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 09, 2015, 06:46:14 pm

Watson is filthy.

RedWolf275

No doubt about that.

J.D.

Where would the pirates be without Revels?

dragondad

Quote from: J.D. on March 09, 2015, 07:01:37 pm

Where would the pirates be without Revels?

Take away any of the Pirate starters and they'd be headed home after today's game. It took all they had to pull out the win today.

Silky Johnson

No one ever listens to the Batman? Besides Batman I'm disappointed in all of these awful predictions I saw. You had to know Kirby couldn't hold Watson or Pritchett under double digits. If the Freshmen don't step up and #21 doesn't get to live at the free throw line Kirby is in trouble.

Silky Johnson

Lol. Emerson got lucky Acorn didn't have any smart players or a consistent ball handler. Acorn couldn't help but throw the ball away. If I had a mallard tattoo on my arm for every time someone complains about Colton Watson I'd probably just play for Emerson.
Anyway it's obvious Colton Watson made a smart decision by wanting to move to Bay because he's playing for a state championship. Hate on him some more and maybe he'll just keep on scoring Thursday night.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 09, 2015, 07:46:04 pm
Lol. Emerson got lucky Acorn didn't have any smart players or a consistent ball handler. Acorn couldn't help but throw the ball away. If I had a mallard tattoo on my arm for every time someone complains about Colton Watson I'd probably just play for Emerson.
Anyway it's obvious Colton Watson made a smart decision by wanting to move to Bay because he's playing for a state championship. Hate on him some more and maybe he'll just keep on scoring Thursday night.

Bay made the smart decision. I heard theres a good junior at Scranton whose dad is a coach. Y'all prolly could use one more assistant, huh? Or a new girls coach. You got your use out of this one! And if you had a mallard tattoo and played for Emerson you'd probably be a lot smarter!  ;D

hawk16

So is Revels seriously injured?

Catfish

Not a Bay fan by any means but they are very good. If #20 for Emerson can't go it will not even be close. Repeat NOT EVEN CLOSE. Assuming he does play though, Bay still wins by 15. To much to deal with.

BasketballNeverStops

Emerson-55
Acorn-54
OT
I was really impressed with Acorn and their postseason run. Fell a little bit short and I believe that if they had more solid possessions in the last few minutes they would be playing for the ring Thursday night. Emerson is hoping and praying that Revels will be good to go.

Bay-64
Kirby-50
Game was closer than what score showed. Seemed as if when Kirby would go on a run, Bay would get a three from Watson or Pritchett that would ruin their momentum. This Bay team could be the best one they have fielded over the past 5-6 years.

Batman44

Quote from: Catfish on March 09, 2015, 10:34:07 pm
Not a Bay fan by any means but they are very good. If #20 for Emerson can't go it will not even be close. Repeat NOT EVEN CLOSE. Assuming he does play though, Bay still wins by 15. To much to deal with.
Catfish, you have ALWAYS been a gentleman, and if you aren't careful, dang if you aren't going to become a scholar. ;D

AcornTigerFan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 09, 2015, 07:46:04 pm
They were smart enough to make it to the state semifinals, and play a top ranked team to one point in overtime. Why so rude? This is a group of boys who have never had a winning season, and lost a starter right before regionals. Give some credit where credit is due. I understand why no one gave them respect before this week, but they proved something yesterday and have earned it.

AcornTigerFan

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 09, 2015, 05:04:37 pm
Quote from: sideliner on March 09, 2015, 04:47:00 pm

The acorn team today and the acorn team at regionals were two different teams! You can tell they wanted it bad

Yep   ;D  Heartbroken after that game, but couldn't be prouder of their effort.

Bigbird2012

Revels will be fine. I talked to Coach Nix after the game and he seemed pretty confident that he would be fine and be there Thursday. Revels is a heck of a player but I have seen him let his team down several times in the last few years in close IMPORTANT games when he could have kept pushing for a few more minutes. I had the privilege of being there for the Regional Finals when Emerson played Kirby.  # 24 from Emerson got hurt and was in a lot of pain from what I could see but he got back in the game and carried his team and THAT is a leader. Revels seems like a good kid and if he is anything like his father was when he played for the last Emerson team that won the STATE title then he will be there ready to play and wont let anything hold him back.

As far as Acorn goes they do not have a thing to hold their heads down about. They played a great game and gave Emerson the #2 ranked team in the state a run for their money.

Batman44

Was very impressed with Acorn. Except for a few key turnovers, they would be playing Thursday night. Congratulations!

Silky Johnson

Was more of a shot at emerson than anyone or player from Acorn. Those guys played tough and Sky Jackson is a certified baller. A couple different possessions and they very well could be playing at summit arena. The turnover with 11 seconds was one that killed me as a spectator because they couldn't get any of the other possessions back but that one was probably going to win them the game. The jump ball call on the hogan kid at the end of regulation was a joke btw.. Even if they had a hand on the ball I could see from the front row that Emerson was hacking his arms before they could tie it up.

Batman44

You nailed it, Silky!!

AcornTigerFan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 10, 2015, 12:58:25 pm
Was more of a shot at emerson than anyone or player from Acorn. Those guys played tough and Sky Jackson is a certified baller. A couple different possessions and they very well could be playing at summit arena. The turnover with 11 seconds was one that killed me as a spectator because they couldn't get any of the other possessions back but that one was probably going to win them the game. The jump ball call on the hogan kid at the end of regulation was a joke btw.. Even if they had a hand on the ball I could see from the front row that Emerson was hacking his arms before they could tie it up.
Ok that's better. lol I'm glad someone else noticed that call! You're right, I watched the replay on video and and their arms were wrapped around him from behind before there was any way possible to call a jump . >:( Should never have went to overtime if they had called that foul.
I know it's easy to blame the refs after a heartbreaking loss, but I was annoyed that the bald ref was so chummy with the Emerson players. That same ref called both Emerson games-the one against County Line and Acorn-and he chatted and laughed with them the whole time, even swatted them on the rear when they went to the free throw line.  ??? He must call games in their area. We still could have won it if we'd done a few things better, but having that ref sure didn't help in those final seconds and the other two wouldn't make any calls.

PuddlePirate12

That ref has never ref'd an Emerson game besides those two. I have never seen him before this tournament. If he's from our ares he doesn't ref 1a

Bigbird2012

funny you say that Acorn Tiger Fan, cause I didn't like that particular ref either. No doubt im glad Emerson won but yall played an awesome game and changed the way a lot of people look at you all including myself!

dragondad

That "bald ref" wasn't chummy in the Emerson / CC game.   He stood over Revels after Revels took a charge and he called a block. Stood over the top of him like he was ready to fight and yelling at Revels.

It's funny refs bring attention but when Emerson brings up a ref who's wife works for the opposing school district, no one sees the big deal.

Acorn is an awesome ball team, I saw many missed calls on both ends of the floor and many bad calls on both ends. Man up and play through it. Fact is, neither team should have been close enough for the refs to determine the outcome.   If Emerson hadn't been so inaccurate with their shots from the line and under the goal the game would have been over at the half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas