• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Started by Brian G, March 01, 2015, 12:30:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

I'd like to use this thread for local info (like places to eat) as well as overall chatter about the games.

Scores will be on a separate thread each day.  Feel free to start other topics but lets try to gather here for one stop shopping.

BasketballNeverStops

Gonna be heading down early Tuesday morning and check in at Hope before going to the games, believe it's about a 30 mile distance from Hope to Nashville. 

warriorsports

oldfireguy

Quote from: warriorsports on March 02, 2015, 10:01:48 am
When are the championship games played? Date and times are not listed on http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Basketball/2015/BRACKETS/STATE/BB_1ASTATEBracket_2015.pdf

The championship games of all classes (7-A to 1-a) are usually held the following weekend at Hot Springs.

~WPS~

Hope everyone enjoys their time in Nashville. I can provide info if needed.

jacketman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 02, 2015, 11:59:14 am
Will anyone be broadcasting the games this week?

~WPS~

Quote from: jacketman on March 02, 2015, 05:39:46 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 02, 2015, 11:59:14 am
Will anyone be broadcasting the games this week?
I haven't heard anything about video being available. I'll be sure to post it if I find anything out. I'm sure each school will have their own radio broadcast.

HorseFeathers

I expect the Conway County schools will be on KVOM 101.7 out of Morrilton...Believe they live stream the radio broadcast, or have in the past.

yesteryearman

Any talk yet about the games on Wed and Thurs with the winter storm coming in?  Hope they make decisions soon enough before folks start driving that direction. 

Silky Johnson

Don't think the weather down south is supposed to be as bad up north. Teams probably need to leave at appropriate times.

playhard

http://citylinktv.com/channel/csn-tv-searcy/

Audio broadcast only, think they are only broadcasting Wonderview Nemo Guy & maybe SH

ballmember

1A and 2a brackets do not have teams on them; other classes are working as stated.  thanks. 

yesteryearman

There is a posting on 3A board that tomorrow games at Cossatot River may have been postponed.  Any talk about that, or about Nashville games for tomorrow?  Would be nice to know sooner than later for those who will be traveling there.

~WPS~

The weather in Nashville isn't supposed to get bad until later at night Wednesday. Thursday's games could be in question depending on how bad it gets overnight.

Brian G

Quote from: ballmember on March 03, 2015, 05:18:19 pm
1A and 2a brackets do not have teams on them; other classes are working as stated.  thanks. 

Refresh the page after hitting the link  It's a settings issue in some people's pc.

ballmember

B.G., thanks, refreshing the page worked !!

WhatsUrRingSize

No games today does this mean games on Sunday and Monday ?

gobblerfire

Anyone know the new schedule due to today's cancellation?

NEArkie

Found this on 6a message board...........             

This press release from the AAA was just sent to us:

Updated Weather Notice
2015 State Basketball Tournaments

Because of winter weather which is expected to cover the state with either snow or ice today, the Arkansas Activities Association has postponed Wednesday's state tournament play in all classes 7A, 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A).

The postponement which will push the semifinal round in each classification to Sunday, and will keep the State Finals which are scheduled for March 12-14 at Hot Springs' Bank of the Ozarks Arena on schedule.

"The decision was based on a safety issue," said AAA executive director Lance Taylor. "We wanted to make sure that everyone could travel to our state locations without hazardous driving conditions. The weather conditions will not be favorable to travel on Wednesday, and warmer temperatures are expected for the rest of the week."

The starting times will remain the same for all state tournament games. The semifinal rounds will be play on Sunday starting at 12:30 p.m.

The press conference for the State Finals will be held at the AAA office on Monday, March 9th, at 11:00 a.m.

To download the brackets with the new time changes and dates, go to the AAA website at www.ahsaa.org. The brackets can be downloaded or viewed from our main page.

Tournament Sites:
Class 7A – Springdale High School
Class 6A – Siloam Springs High School
Class 5A – Greene County Tech High School
Class 4A – Ozark High School
Class 3A – Cossatot River High School
Class 2A – Pangburn High School
Class 1A – Nashville High School (Kirby)

~WPS~

Games will be played Thursday-Sunday. Times stay the same. Start Sunday at 12:30.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 04, 2015, 09:29:37 am
Games will be played Thursday-Sunday. Times stay the same. Start Sunday at 12:30.

Emerson could make it today but tomorrow we will probably be frozen in. It's suppose to snow and sleet all night here

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 04, 2015, 09:58:58 am

Emerson could make it today but tomorrow we will probably be frozen in. It's suppose to snow and sleet all night here
That's what  I have been thinking. If they cant play today before it starts how will they play tomorrow when the roads are bad. I bet it will be a Monday finish. 

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on March 04, 2015, 10:04:54 am

That's what  I have been thinking. If they cant play today before it starts how will they play tomorrow when the roads are bad. I bet it will be a Monday finish.

They should've just started games early today

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 04, 2015, 10:28:08 am
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on March 04, 2015, 10:04:54 am

AGREE

Baller4life23

FreeMoney

AAA=incompetency lethargic corrupt arrogant unnecessary . Feel free to add your own but you cannot subtract lol

sideliner

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 04, 2015, 10:28:08 am

YES!! Probably could have gotten half or more games done today safely with a bit of planning. Thanks AAA...

HorseFeathers

i think it.s better the AAA actually stepped in and made a blanket decision....for once...

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on March 04, 2015, 02:31:14 pm
i think it.s better the AAA actually stepped in and made a blanket decision....for once...

I think everyone could get there.. It's the getting home that would be the problem. And why does it always wait until tournament time to do this?! They could move the tournament to June and it would snow

Moonshiner

Feel bad for the teams that tried to plan ahead and came down the night before.  I can't imagine the cost of feeding those kids for three days plus the hotel bill.  And playing a game after spending 3 nights in a hotel. 

#1kirbytrojanfan

Posted by: Moonshiner
« on: Today at 02:48:56 pm »
Insert Quote

Feel bad for the teams that tried to plan ahead and came down the night before.  I can't imagine the cost of feeding those kids for three days plus the hotel bill.  And playing a game after spending 3 nights in a hotel. 

I can say from last years experience it was VERY costly!!

yesteryearman

I don't see how they will play tomorrow if there was concern about getting home tonite when winter weather is just beginning and temps are still around 32...compared to tomorrow when 1-3in of ice/snow is on ground and roads and temp is 21.......looks to me like it will be fri thru mon

ballmember

I think it will be friday thru monday;  have a questoin about 2A, they had 5 day schedule and have played none of their tournament?  May need to double up one day or play an extra day?? Those other classes that had 5 days already have gotten a day in.  So they have 4 days left.   With tourney in Hot Springs not starting til thursday  they will have a couple of free days, hopefully to rest up.  The latest finished could be scheduled on friday or saturday.  lots of decisions.   Safety however is number 1, .   

yesteryearman

As expected, just posted on AAA website   "all tournament games postponed today, will resume tomorrow Friday, March 6. 

armorall

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 05, 2015, 08:02:17 am
As expected, just posted on AAA website   "all tournament games postponed today, will resume tomorrow Friday, March 6.
What a surprise !
Just a few minutes ago the head of AAA told a coach the roads are fine put your kids on the bus and come on down. Funny that didn't go to the office and their was a major wreck in Benton all the schools in that area are closed , just come on down. The AAA is more worried about the gate than the kids .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas