• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 4 at Emerson

Started by HorseFeathers, February 23, 2015, 09:25:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

February 23, 2015, 09:25:13 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:00:30 pm by HF
* Schedule edited to reflect snow day, and Finals/Consolation being played on SUNDAY

Boys Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Thursday 5:30)
#1 Emerson Pirates
vs
#4 Oden TimberWolves

Game 2 (Friday 5:30)
#2 Caddo Hills Indians
vs
#3 Nevada County Blue Jays

Game 3 (Thursday 8:30)
#1 Kirby Trojans
vs
#4 Trinity Christian Warriors

Game 4 (Friday 8:30)
#2 Bradley Bears
vs
#3 Acorn Tigers

Semi Finals

Game 5 Saturday 5:30
#1 Emerson Pirates
vs
Winner Game 2

Game 6 Saturday 8:30
#1 Kirby Trojans
vs
Winner game 4

Consolation

Game 7 (Sunday 2:15)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Sunday 4:45)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner #6

Girls Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Thursday 4:00)
#1 Sparkman Lady Raiders
vs
#4 Oden Lady TimberWolves

Game 2 (Friday 4:00)
#2 Acorn Lady Tigers
vs
#3 Trinity Christian Lady Warriors

Game 3 (Friday 7:00)
#1 Kirby Lady Trojans
vs
#4 Emerson Lady Pirates

Game 4 (Friday 7:00)
#2 Bradley Lady Bears
vs
#3 Caddo Hills Lady Indians

Semi Finals

Game 5 Saturday 4:00
#1 Sparkman Lady Raiders
vs
Winner Game 2

Game 6 Saturday 7:00
#1 Kirby Lady Trojans
vs
Winner game 4

Consolation

Game 8 (Sunday 1:00)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Sunday 3:30)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner game #6

PuddlePirate12

For girls Sparkman is the #1 seed and Bradley is #2

sportsfan-3

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 23, 2015, 09:38:42 pm
For girls Sparkman is the #1 seed and Bradley is #2
Can you tell us about these 2 teams?

PuddlePirate12

Sparkman has a decent post player. She's about 6'3" I would guess. They also have a real good guard that can drive and shoot. The one white girl that starts can shoot good. The other two players don't do much. Bradley has a really good PG. She can drive and pull up well. She doesn't get the chance to because #3 for Bradley literally shoots 30 threes a game. She may hit 6 or 7 but that's about it for them. They moved up some from a good junior high though. You're probably looking at a Kirby vs Acorn regional final. If Sparkman beats Acorn it's an upset

hawgfan15

Yeah Kirby and Acorn should be the regional final. Sparkman's big girl could give Acorn problems on the offensive glass but I don't see Sparkman being able to match up with Acorns guards.

On the guys side I can see both 3 seeds winning their 1st round games but a Emerson vs Kirby championship is a safe bet.

It should be a fun week of basketball on both sides. I plan on being there

yesteryearman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 24, 2015, 12:32:25 pm
Yeah Kirby and Acorn should be the regional final. Sparkman's big girl could give Acorn problems on the offensive glass but I don't see Sparkman being able to match up with Acorns guards.

On the guys side I can see both 3 seeds winning their 1st round games but a Emerson vs Kirby championship is a safe bet.

It should be a fun week of basketball on both sides. I plan on being there

Well looking at the weather forecast I wouldn't count on any games being played on Wed.  I would guess that they will move the schedule forward one day, with finals on Mon....if they do that then whoever loses the consolation game on Mon would have to turn around and play at 2:30 on Tues...fortunately, with the tournament in Nashville it won't require overnite stay or a lot of travel.

PuddlePirate12

Tomorrow's games haven't been canceled yet but it isn't looking good. Emerson had practice today and I went up there just to see if Coach knew anything. I talked to the principal, who is the regional coordinator or whatever and he said they may play all first round games Thursday and just start playing at like 11 and be on schedule the rest of the way. Or they may just push it all back a day. If they can't play Thursday either they will likely play all first round games friday, second round games Saturday, and finals monday. If they'll let them play Sunday night they could do that instead of a finals monday. That would prevent that 2:30 turn around for the Tuesday state game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2015, 04:31:52 pm
Tomorrow's games haven't been canceled yet but it isn't looking good. Emerson had practice today and I went up there just to see if Coach knew anything. I talked to the principal, who is the regional coordinator or whatever and he said they may play all first round games Thursday and just start playing at like 11 and be on schedule the rest of the way. Or they may just push it all back a day. If they can't play Thursday either they will likely play all first round games friday, second round games Saturday, and finals monday. If they'll let them play Sunday night they could do that instead of a finals monday. That would prevent that 2:30 turn around for the Tuesday state game.

Fairly certain schools played on Sunday for regionals two years ago....but then again it was the only way to finish the tournament on Monday as well...

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2015, 04:31:52 pm

It would be much better for the kids to play on Sunday.  They need the rest before state. 

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

Girls

Sparkman 67
Oden 52

Kirby 81
Emerson 31-- ouch!

Boys

Emerson 85
Oden 28

HorseFeathers

How'd the last game of the night go?

HorseFeathers

Found it...Kirby 74 trinity 31

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on February 26, 2015, 10:59:20 pm
Found it...Kirby 74 trinity 31

Sorry I forgot to post that one! Emerson and Kirby boys both looked really good tonight. They could, and should, both make some noise in the state tournament. Kirby girls looked good the second half. First half they didn't look as good as they normally have. They'll go far in state. Sparkman girls did about as I expected. Acorn should handle them easily. Good night of basketball in the big E. Tomorrow night should be good too! I predict Acorn and Caddo girls, Nevada and Bradley boys!

HorseFeathers

Updated with the times for Sunday from the AAA website

PuddlePirate12

Boys

Caddo Hills 19
Nevada 18

End of 1st

PuddlePirate12

Caddo Hills 39
Nevada 29

Halftime

PuddlePirate12

Caddo 45
Nevada 56

7:09 left in 4th

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 08:44:05 pm
Bradley-Caddo score?
[/quote

Caddo won 50-34 I think. Acorn is up on Bradley 32-30 at the half

sideliner

sideliner

Acorn and Bradley boys in overtime!!
Caddo girls beat Bradley

#1kirbytrojanfan

hawgfan15

Acorn won by 4 in OT. Sky Jackson had 27 points

J.D.

Congratulations to Coach Jackson an Acorn's boys on getting to state.

PuddlePirate12

Good games in Emerson tonight. Especially boyd. Emerson vs Nevada will be a fast paced, physical game. I take Emerson by 9. Then Acorn vs Kirby will be a good game. I take Kirby by 14 though. Games start at 12 today

sideliner

sideliner

hawgfan15

Girls 3rd place game

Acorn 52

Caddo 48

hawgfan15

Boys 3rd place game

Nevada 24

Acorn 19

Halftime

hawgfan15

Boys 3rd place game

Nevada 51

Acorn 36

Final

hawgfan15

Kirby 15

Sparkman 12

End of 1st

hawgfan15

hawgfan15

Girls Championship game

Kirby 64

Sparkman 44

Final

hawgfan15

sideliner

Physical game at Emerson v Kirby! One player already hurt. :(
Kirby up 26-25 at half

Silky Johnson

PuddlePirate12

sportsfan-3

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: sportsfan-3 on March 01, 2015, 08:16:40 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2015, 08:00:33 pm
Emerson
Is that all you got to say?

What do I need to say boss? Said who won. Not give me a play by play. You wanna score? 48-40. I'm not real sure what you want me to say? Lol see concord Wednesday.. That's all

yesteryearman

Quote from: sideliner on March 01, 2015, 06:15:30 pm
Kirby up 26-25 at half

How is the player that got hurt?

hawgfan15

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 02, 2015, 10:11:44 am
Quote from: sideliner on March 01, 2015, 06:15:30 pm
Kirby up 26-25 at half

How is the player that got hurt?

He was able to come back in the 2nd half but was in a lot of pain. Hopefully the next few days off will help. Emerson will need him and this is his senior year.

Bigbird2012

it was a very physical game. #24 from Emerson went up and came down pretty hard on the floor and messed up his arm, however the refs only missed 3 or 4 fouls right in front of them before Jackson finally hit the floor. He sat out for a minute or 2 before half time and then came back out and played but seemed to be in pain the whole time. I'm not sure how true it is but I heard SEVERAL people saying before the game even started that 1 of the refs graduated from Kirby and another had kids at Kirby and his mother or mother-in-law was the lady on the bench keeping stats for Kirby. Now if this is true I'm not sure. Emerson and Kirby both played hard. If Kirby makes it past Nemo and the 2nd round and meet up with Bay, Bay could have a hard time getting past them especially with them being the hosts of the tournament.

Ole Man River

I can tell you this, I know 2 of the 3 Referees that called that game personally and they could care less who won the game.  They are some of the best referees and persons you'll ever meet.  Now you can say what you want, but just because you didn't agree with what they called or didn't call it's because they forgot more about the game of basketball than you will ever know.  Don't get on a chat board and accuse them of cheating.  And no I was not one of the men that did the Emerson/Kirby game but I was there and watched it.

Bigbird2012

HOld up wait a minute, I don't recall anywhere in my post saying that the refs cheated so calm down before you have an aneurism.

yesteryearman

I was there the night Emerson played Nevada, Kirby played Acorn etc, and they rotated several different groups of refs for the four games.  With that pool of refs why/how would they have to end up with refs having ties to Kirby calling the Emerson/Kirby game.  Perhaps since it was on Sunday some of the refs were not available.  I don't know, and I'm not saying that the "Kirby" refs would be biased.  Still, why even put yourself in that position.  I think that the AAA assigns the refs, but who makes individual game assignments. 

Ole Man River

The Crew Chief assigns games at the Tournament.  He selects the best referees to call the Championship Gsmes.  In the boys case, he selected those three,

Bigbird2012

that makes so much sense. Hire the best crew even if 2 of them are from the home town that one of the teams there are. I may be wrong but I am almost certain that last year during regionals at Cossatot in the Emerson/ Kirby game one of the refs was the same one that was at Emerson last night calling. and No I am NOT saying he cheated for Kirby just making a comment so PLEASE everybody stay calm.  ::)

yesteryearman

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on March 02, 2015, 04:05:44 pm
that makes so much sense. Hire the best crew even if 2 of them are from the home town that one of the teams there are. I may be wrong but I am almost certain that last year during regionals at Cossatot in the Emerson/ Kirby game one of the refs was the same one that was at Emerson last night calling. and No I am NOT saying he cheated for Kirby just making a comment so PLEASE everybody stay calm.  ::)

Can you imagine the uproar from Bay fans if they play Kirby and two of the refs are from Kirby...but, Bay is so much better than everyone else it probably won't matter....unless.......

yesteryearman

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on March 02, 2015, 04:05:44 pm

Am I correct, I was told, that possibly this same ref was the one that made two quick foul calls on #20 from Emerson?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas