• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia vs Shiloh Christian

Started by Vtowneagle, September 29, 2013, 09:15:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vtowneagle

Predictions? Thoughts and insights welcome!

Jimmymack

you guys gonna have to play lights out mistake free football to win this one!  Hope you have a great week of practice Turf and hope no injuries.  Way to go 10th graders Friday night!

turftime

Dad we are a little banged up but ready to go.

Jimmymack

Turf, I know you are playing hurt but that's the kind of person you are pushing on!  Way to go Eagles!!  Huge win on the road with mainly 10th graders!!!!!

AT

I think SC wins, but if Vilonia can slow dwn Harrison, maybe they can slow down the Saints.

Maynard G Krebs

Jimmy Mack and  turf time could have this conversation at the family dinner table.. I have visions of this family (like many cross the country) texting each other at the table!

Intelligentsia

I am going with Vilonia 35-31.  Vilonia has taken their bruised bunch on the road three weeks in a row and will be pumped going into this contest.  The home field advantage will help them earn a hard fought win. 

The Future

Shiloh looking for a win and finally gets one.

Shiloh 42 Vilonia 24

Jimmymack

IYG  What's your take on this game?  Do you think our players will be motivated?  A little positive motivation would be appreciated instead of negative propaganda?  What do you think?  Thinking about going down to the local junkyard and see what's going on this week too!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jimmymack on September 30, 2013, 06:46:06 pm
IYG  What's your take on this game?  Do you think our players will be motivated?  A little positive motivation would be appreciated instead of negative propaganda?  What do you think?  Thinking about going down to the local junkyard and see what's going on this week too!

Read your pm, mack.

Go Postal

September 30, 2013, 08:41:26 pm #10 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:44:12 pm by Go Postal
Shiloh played a half of a game with Greenwood and half of a game with Morrilton (kind of like how Harrison played last Friday against the Eagles.  Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge to IYG, seven and RTR).  The Eagles have a lot of heart, can come to play and I do hope they win, but I think that Shiloh pulls this out.

Vtown33

Thank y'all being an underdog is always fun! I'm trying to heal up this week to play against Shiloh! I think our boys won't give up just like I said last week we won't quit until the end of the 4th quarter! Out team had a lot of heart! And from what I hear Houston is going to try to be at the game to watch! That should give us a little motivation and it's a home game;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Vtown33 on September 30, 2013, 08:51:53 pm
Thank y'all being an underdog is always fun! I'm trying to heal up this week to play against Shiloh! I think our boys won't give up just like I said last week we won't quit until the end of the 4th quarter! Out team had a lot of heart! And from what I hear Houston is going to try to be at the game to watch! That should give us a little motivation and it's a home game;)

Great post 33!

Lions84

Eagles in a upset of the Saints. Go Vilonia.

vtowneagles

Eagles at home and with the possibility of Houston coming? I like vilonias chances but this week they don't have to element of surprise! Vilonia ran double wing all game last week! Shiloh will be prepared for the double wing this week! To much to handle for so many sophomores! Shiloh 34 vilona 21

The Future

This is sad. Wheres all the Saint fans at?? I knew most were bandwagoners, but I coulda swore there were a few who proclaimed truefan status and would be here come good or bad. I'm not saying they have to be on 24/7 and constantly posting, but come on! When was the last time anyone saw one of them?
Oh well, maybe next year when Shiloh is 4A and will have a little better success, some of them will crawl out from under their rock.

InYoGrill

Quote from: vtowneagles on October 02, 2013, 02:09:06 pm
Eagles at home and with the possibility of Houston coming? I like vilonias chances but this week they don't have to element of surprise! Vilonia ran double wing all game last week! Shiloh will be prepared for the double wing this week! To much to handle for so many sophomores! Shiloh 34 vilona 21

I'm sure Shilo either had coaches at Harrison last week or watched the broadcast of the game. True, V ran out of the doublewing but we passed very effectively out of that formation. With the combo of DW and #6's arm with good catching receivers, I like our chances of scoring high in every game. Houston's uncle told me an hour ago that he should be there in a wheel chair. That inspiration right there will be neat to see. I not only think we will beat SC but we may put the hurt on them this game.

AT

Although I predicted SC to win, I can't help but to root for the Eagles to win every week with the exception of the Alma game. Something about playing inspired football for an injured teammate is just awesome to see.

Vtown33

We will be playing for many injured seniors Friday night! Houston cotton, Branson vanlandingham, Joseph Owens, Justin Dunn and other players as well!

RTR15

Shiloh had no answer for the  DW last year.  Unless their coaches spent a lot of time studying since then (which i doubt) i think it will be effective.  The biggest difference will be if our 10th graders will step up again.  Seniors, wounded or not, can motivate the younger guys to overachieve with some encouragement on the sidelines on game night.  You don't have to have cletes on to lead your team.

C-Mac 73

Can you say "upset looming?" I like Vilonia in this game, 31-27. IYG will be three sheets to the wind streaking on Old Milwaukee and Jim Beam by halftime.

InYoGrill

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 03, 2013, 12:33:21 am
Can you say "upset looming?" I like Vilonia in this game, 31-27. IYG will be three sheets to the wind streaking on Old Milwaukee and Jim Beam by halftime.

LOL! CMAC!! You growing up young man. I bet you miss Friday night lights BAD in Neer land.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 03, 2013, 06:50:37 am

LOL! CMAC!! You growing up young man. I bet you miss Friday night lights BAD in Neer land.

No, he'll be wearing the white hat! Rest of crew will be school board.  ;D

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 03, 2013, 09:48:04 am

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

Scram flea. Don't you have some Okie schools to beat up on? You miss us, admit it speaker mutt?

C-Mac 73

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 03, 2013, 11:12:20 am

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

Scram flea. Don't you have some Okie schools to beat up on? You miss us, admit it speaker mutt?
Haha. I do miss Friday nights for sure. Good luck with $hiloh IYG. TT obviously misses us... Not much going on in 6A lol

Vtown33

Turns out Houston won't be able to make the game tomorrow.. Skin cells were dead so he has to get another skin graft.. Keep praying for #10 Houston cotton

sevenof400

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

Now we know how Greenwood's streak is maintained!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Vtown33 on October 03, 2013, 06:14:24 pm
Turns out Houston won't be able to make the game tomorrow.. Skin cells were dead so he has to get another skin graft.. Keep praying for #10 Houston cotton

We will continue! Defend out turf tomorrow Eagles!

TTofGreenwood

October 03, 2013, 09:24:04 pm #28 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:25:56 pm by TTofGreenwood
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 03, 2013, 07:33:31 pm

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

Haven't seen IYG officiating any of our games, but the ones we have had have been just as bad.

And yes, we miss y'all. Used to enjoy competition on Friday nights.  ;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 03, 2013, 09:24:04 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 03, 2013, 07:33:31 pm

$hiloh 34
V-town 31

Haven't seen IYG officiating any of our games, but the ones we have had have been just as bad.

And yes, we miss y'all. Used to enjoy competition on Friday nights.  ;)

I also miss all the grangygreen mutts on our 5A threads. I may have to highjack a few threads at the runt 6A shelter.

Lions84

Go Eagles I got some ole Clarendon folks there who have a daughter Cheerleading for the Eagles

Defense 101

I hope everyone in 5A gives Shiloh a good whippin before they slither back down to 4A.... Go Eagles!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Defense 101 on October 04, 2013, 02:32:19 pm
I hope everyone in 5A gives Shiloh a good whippin before they slither back down to 4A.... Go Eagles!!!

+1!

FowlMood

Maynard G Krebs

Should Vilonia  win tonight, I wouldn't consider it an upset.  Close scoring game I think

sevenof400

Vilonia broadcast team is using this tonight....

vtowneagles

vtowneagles

Shilohs qb had a field day with our defense! On the groud at least!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 04, 2013, 04:48:14 pm
Should Vilonia  win tonight, I wouldn't consider it an upset.  Close scoring game I think

I would like to retract this post

C-Mac 73

vtowneagles

Exactly!!! Greenbrier beat Beebe by 50+, vilonia lost to Beebe, vilonia beat Harrison, and greenbrier beat harrison by a little!  Morrilton beat the breaks off Shiloh, but then loses to alma, vilonia gets killed by Shiloh. Looks like alma has the west wrapped up? Maybe throw greenbrier in there

AT

October 05, 2013, 10:06:30 am #41 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:07:08 am by Almatrackster
No way Alma has this wrapped up.

Harrison could easily be 2-0 in conference right now and Alma is traveling there this upcoming Friday. A very potent offense that Alma can't let get going, because the Airedales are not set up to play from behind.

Not to mention traveling to Greenbrier still, playing Vilonia at home, who always plays us tough, and SC at home, who beat us last year with a worst team.

Vtowneagle

The West is wide open. It's so crazy.

InYoGrill

Thoughts on the game: WOW! Shilo has one in sync FAST hiking offense. I think they brought one bus of 30 players to the game. So many of them look 6-6.2ft and 180-200pd. They are very athletic and it showed last night. Their qback is shifty and has great vision. Kinda odd looking throwing motion- shot put like but effective. I thought Floyd called and excellent game on O.

I thought we could run on them with our DW but we just didnt have our mojo like last week. We moved the ball some but just couldnt get the pts on the board. We had several go out with injuries though minor hopefully. Just one of those years where we needed to be injury free with such as younger and smaller team. I thought Steward ran hard as well as Estes. Didn't seem like Santiago touched the ball much that game. Forgot his name but the soph #27 I think runs like a bull. Got to admit,though this will be a tough season, next few years look good with all these talented sophs getting varsity experience.

I hope Shilo gets beat by everyone else in conference, though I think they are much improved this year. If they had another 20-25 on their roster depth with some more size they would be a top 5 team. That offense was entertaining though I wanted them to lose.

I greatly enjoyed seating by many friends last night. Pervis Eagle is such a swell person. We talked non stop. He loves the Vilonia so much!!! Everytime he saw young folks he would engage in conversation with them. Lot of youngsters talked to him and left smiling. +1!.  Still praying you beat that cancer and have many good days ahead. The school needs you there.

Go Eagles! Go Houston!

Defense 101

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 05, 2013, 01:44:22 pm

I think they brought one bus of 30 players to the game. So many of them look 6-6.2ft and 180-200pd.

That's what you get when you let private schools recruit talent and hand pick their team. Next year they will get to steal games from all the small 4A schools that have to play the hand their delt and Floyd can get that "Elite" feeling back in his ego.

C-Mac 73

If someone threw all the West teams in a hat (besides Huntsville and Clarksville), and then picked the order of final conference standings, I wouldn't dispute them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas