• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne @ Batesville

Started by justalionfan, October 07, 2011, 10:29:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

I guess I will go ahead and start this post on the most important game in 5A East this year. Will Wynne redeem theirselves from last year, national highlighted fumble or will Batesville win again?

wynneaholic©

This one will be a great game!!!  I just can't predict anything yet, but give it a few days....  I am just Praying I can get off in time to get to batesville for the game!!

IYK_DA NATION

The_Pioneer

I have to believe that Wynne may be the favorite in this game.  Even being a Batesville home game.  I expect it to be a typical hard fought, low scoring game.

MrMcFlyHi72501

Haven't watched wynne play yet but I think batesville has one of the best teams in 5a. Yep. I sure do.

Batesville- 35
Wynne-14

RD™

Best in 5A?

Right. It isn't November yet.

MrMcFlyHi72501

Ok. Probably too early to be talking about the state. But they're beginning to show why they were the preseason favorite in the east. The defense has been playing well allowing just 20 points the past 3 games and the offense has been taking better care of the ball. Goodluck to both sides tho. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait!

justalionfan

Quote from: MrMcFlyHi72501 on October 08, 2011, 08:43:37 pm
Ok. Probably too early to be talking about the state. But they're beginning to show why they were the preseason favorite in the east. The defense has been playing well allowing just 20 points the past 3 games and the offense has been taking better care of the ball. Goodluck to both sides tho. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait!

I would hope that y'all only allowed 20 points against the three worst team in 5A east. Forrest City, Nelleton, and Paragould. Not worth bragging about. There is NO WAY Batesville is the best team in 5A, there is a team out there named GREENWOOD that is killing everyone. I do however bet that the fumble from last year game is played on the jumbotron over and over next week before the game. Sad but true.

chaingang

OK. Probably too early to be talking about the state. But they're beginning to show why they were the preseason favorite in the east. The defense has been playing well allowing just 20 points the past 3 games and the offense has been taking better care of the ball. Goodluck to both sides tho. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait!
Really!!!  20 points the past 3 games......that's great.......until you look and see who it was against.....Forrest City, Paragould, and Nettleton. They are 2wins 14 losses and 2 ties between the 3 teams.  Plus if you look at your whole body of work for the year......you average giving up 28 points per game..........I know you are new to the site by your post count but you gotta do better than this .

tmycjy

good luck wynne beat batesville

InYoGrill

Quote from: MrMcFlyHi72501 on October 08, 2011, 07:45:01 pm
Haven't watched wynne play yet but I think batesville has one of the best teams in 5a. Yep. I sure do.

Batesville- 35
Wynne-14

That's part of your problem, you can't just throw a lopsided score out there against a very good team and say "I haven't watched W play yet". W will hit you guys in the mouth and score a lot more than 14. W takes this game cause you Pioneers are not as good as last year and W is vastly improved. W has all the good karma going for them right now.

ADM

Quote from: chaingang on October 08, 2011, 11:11:01 pm
OK. Probably too early to be talking about the state. But they're beginning to show why they were the preseason favorite in the east. The defense has been playing well allowing just 20 points the past 3 games and the offense has been taking better care of the ball. Goodluck to both sides tho. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait!
Really!!!  20 points the past 3 games......that's great.......until you look and see who it was against.....Forrest City, Paragould, and Nettleton. They are 2wins 14 losses and 2 ties between the 3 teams.  Plus if you look at your whole body of work for the year......you average giving up 28 points per game..........I know you are new to the site by your post count but you gotta do better than this .
if you look both the wins are nettleton why do they get lumped in with two win less schools

27 Trap

Quote from: tmycjy on October 09, 2011, 06:25:36 am

I agree with you Chris......
Quote from: tmycjy on October 09, 2011, 06:25:36 am

I agree with you Chris, hope to make it to the game......Go Jackets......#17

The_Pioneer

I think it will be

Wynne 28
Batesville 21

justalionfan

Quote from: ADM on October 09, 2011, 10:30:02 am
Quote from: chaingang on October 08, 2011, 11:11:01 pm
if you look both the wins are nettleton why do they get lumped in with two win less schools

You got to be kidding me..... That's because that's all the raiders are going to win. Win a quality game and then come back with that question.

ADM

they have come along way since last year & gettin better every week i think they will surprise some teams this year

justalionfan

Quote from: ADM on October 09, 2011, 07:21:57 pm
they have come along way since last year & gettin better every week i think they will surprise some teams this year

Nettleton (2-2-1, 1-2):  vs Batesville, L 7-42; @ Blytheville: L 8-28; @ Paragould: W 42-20
PF:  57
PA:  90
Tiebreaker Points:  13
Last Game:  W 42-0 at Paragould
Next Game:  vs. Greene County Tech

Your right!!!!! they will surprise a lot of teams this year... you got 4 games left GCT, Forrest City, Beebe, and Wynne. Which team are yall gonna surprise???? I bet that Forrest City will beat yall.

IYK_DA NATION

Jackets cme in looking for revenge and to sole up the conference title fall short by a field goal

wynneaholic©

Quote from: IYK_DA NATION on October 09, 2011, 11:14:06 pm
Jackets cme in looking for revenge and to sole up the conference title fall short by a field goal
no revenge my freind.  Last year is gone and counts for nothing this year.  this team has 1 thing in mind and thats to get better each week and win as many games as they can.  they wont look over batesville, but I can guarantee you that revenge is the farthest thing from their minds this week.  Ya'll just get elmer fudd to play that replay on your jumbo tron friday over and over so ya'll can relive last year and when the final buzzer sounds, last year will be all you have to brag about!!

TTofGreenwood

Wynne       27
M. Martin's 17

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wynneaholic© on October 10, 2011, 05:30:57 pm
no revenge my freind.  Last year is gone and counts for nothing this year.  this team has 1 thing in mind and thats to get better each week and win as many games as they can.  they wont look over batesville, but I can guarantee you that revenge is the farthest thing from their minds this week.  Ya'll just get elmer fudd to play that replay on your jumbo tron friday over and over so ya'll can relive last year and when the final buzzer sounds, last year will be all you have to brag about!!

Atmosphere in here's starting to feel like 2004, brah.

The_Pioneer

I hope you guys don't run it up on us too much.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 11, 2011, 09:24:45 am

Oh nah, I'm wishing the same thing.  We never win in Batesville.

ahsalum

Quote from: MrMcFlyHi72501 on October 08, 2011, 07:45:01 pm
but I think batesville has one of the best teams in 5a. Yep. I sure do.

Batesville- 35
Wynne-14

You trying to convince us or yourself that Master Batesville  is good.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 11, 2011, 09:25:53 am

I seem to recall it being contrary to your memory.

justalionfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 11, 2011, 09:25:53 am

We did two years ago

Week   Date              Home Team   Away Team   Final    Conf
    07   2009-10-16   Batesville           Wynne           7 - 17   Yes

The_Pioneer

We at Batesville are not in Wynne's class.  We can only aspire to be what you are.

ahsalum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 11, 2011, 10:35:36 am
We at Batesville are not in Wynne's class.  We can only aspire to be what you are.

Finally some truth.

justalionfan

Interesting number

Wynne is scoring 30.5 points a game and allowing 18.8 points a game
Batesville is scoring 37.6 points a game and allowing 16.5 points a game

Advantage Batesville

Wynne is 2-1 against teams with a winning record and 3-0 against teams with losing records. Wynne next 4 games are against 1 team with a winning record (batesville) and 3 teams against losing records.
Batesville is 0-2 against teams with a winning record and 4-0 against teams with losing records. Batesville next 4 games are against 3 teams with a winning record and 1 team with a losing record.

Advantage Wynne

Common Teams

Batesville lost to Searcy by 15, Searcy lost to Marion by 5, Marion beat Wynne by 2

Advantage Wynne

Batesville beat Newport by 40, Wynne beat Newport by 25

Advantage Batesville

I am comparing Batesville to the Arkansas Razorbacks. Arkansas had 3 non conference non bcs games before playing a conference game(Alabama) and got beat. Same with batesville (Paragould, Forrest City, and Nelleton) 3 no name teams before a power house of Wynne.

So the numbers have them tied 2-2 so i guess we will find out friday who wins Game 5. Go Jackets

The_Pioneer

Thanks for clearing it all up for us.

JacketDad

I think I am hearing a little sarcasm here, so just to clear things up a little I was wondering how many state championships and conference championships you guys have won over the past 25 years or so.  If you can match ours then, yes, I would say you are in Wynne's class.  If not, keep on aspiring.

Uncle Ivan

Batesville has surpassed us here at Wynne.  That win year before last was a fluke, a tainted win, if you will.

Personally I hope we don't get mercy ruled.

The_Pioneer

Showalter is on the scout team at Fayetteville.  No more flukes in our tank.

wynneaholic©

[img][/img]

In batesville we dont get letters on our coats, we git these cool hats!!!  I am a senior on the team and already got mine!!

wynneaholic©

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 11, 2011, 09:14:50 am

and that is a good thing!!  i am feeling some of my old ways on here creeping back up!!!  Almost takes me back to the KATV 7 forums of yesteryear!!

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 11, 2011, 12:53:02 pm

Batesville has surpassed us here at Wynne.  That win year before last was a fluke, a tainted win, if you will.

Personally I hope we don't get mercy ruled.
Wynne is the fluke win capitol of the world. PB Dollarway has a fluke tie against them as well. With that said I'll go with the Fighting Flukes of Wynne over Batesville. The pretty boy offense of the Flukes takes flight along the banks of the White River friday night.

AirWarren

Quote from: wynneaholic© on October 11, 2011, 03:31:19 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 11, 2011, 09:14:50 am

and that is a good thing!!  i am feeling some of my old ways on here creeping back up!!!  Almost takes me back to the KATV 7 forums of yesteryear!!

Man, the KATV forums where heckuva lots of fun!

InYoGrill

Quote from: wynneaholic© on October 11, 2011, 03:25:36 pm
[img][/img]

In batesville we dont get letters on our coats, we git these cool hats!!!  I am a senior on the team and already got mine!!

Haha! Oh my. Take that Neer.

fallfanatic99

Quote from: wynneaholic© on October 11, 2011, 03:25:36 pm
[img][/img]

That is Freakin Hilarious!!
Good luck to both, Should be a great game.

BHS

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 11, 2011, 10:43:23 am
Interesting number

Advantage Batesville

Wynne is 2-1 against teams with a winning record and 3-0 against teams with losing records. Wynne next 4 games are against 1 team with a winning record (batesville) and 3 teams against losing records.
Batesville is 0-2 against teams with a winning record and 4-0 against teams with losing records. Batesville next 4 games are against 3 teams with a winning record and 1 team with a losing record.

Advantage Wynne

Common Teams

Batesville lost to Searcy by 15, Searcy lost to Marion by 5, Marion beat Wynne by 2

Advantage Wynne

Advantage Batesville

I am comparing Batesville to the Arkansas Razorbacks. Arkansas had 3 non conference non bcs games before playing a conference game(Alabama) and got beat. Same with batesville (Paragould, Forrest City, and Nelleton) 3 no name teams before a power house of Wynne.

So the numbers have them tied 2-2 so i guess we will find out friday who wins Game 5. Go Jackets

The common opponent section of your research is flawed.  Batesville and Wynne have played one common opponent, which is Newport.  The whole Searcy, Wynne, Marion thing doesn't work.  Sorry. 

Also, it cracks me up that you referred to Wynne as a power house.  What year is this? 

WTD

Goodluck Wynne, would love to see this game!

JacketDad

Quote from: BHS on October 12, 2011, 01:26:16 pm
Quote from: justajacketfan on October 11, 2011, 10:43:23 am
Interesting number

Advantage Batesville

Advantage Wynne

Common Teams

Advantage Wynne

Advantage Batesville

The common opponent section of your research is flawed.  Batesville and Wynne have played one common opponent, which is Newport.  The whole Searcy, Wynne, Marion thing doesn't work.  Sorry. 

Also, it cracks me up that you referred to Wynne as a power house.  What year is this?

Lots of handicappers use this philosphhy, here is one for you to mull over.
From Calpreps.com
5A EAST
Blytheville (AR) at Beebe (AR)   [projection: Blytheville (AR) 28-21]
Greene County Tech (Paragould, AR) at Nettleton (Jonesboro, AR)   [projection: Greene County Tech (Paragould, AR) 35-28]
Forrest City (AR) at Paragould (AR)   [projection: Forrest City (AR) 35-26]
Wynne (AR) at Batesville (AR)   [projection: Wynne (AR) 22-17]

oldplayer

with the exeption of the blowout by Batesville in Bates about 4 or 5 yrs ago, these two teams have slugged it out in rough tough nail bitters every year regardless of how the rest of there season is going. It's going to be a great game no matter what. "Win the turnover battle, win the game". Home team or visiter, one mistake in this game will probably be enough to lose it.

BHS

Calpreps is always accurate. 

the_whitester_21

Two very strong teams, but I think home field advantage helps out Batesville

Batesville-30
Wynne-20

Chip

heard from a good source that Batesville 's players and coaches think Wynne is soft.

I will be there.

justalionfan

Quote from: Chip on October 12, 2011, 08:33:06 pm
heard from a good source that Batesville 's players and coaches think Wynne is soft.

I will be there.

We shall see how well that source is..

TTofGreenwood

I will be there.

No way coach sticks his foot in mouth two straight years! Neers aren't taking this one lightly I guarantee it!

justalionfan

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on October 12, 2011, 08:53:03 pm

I will be there.

No way coach sticks his foot in mouth two straight years! Neers aren't taking this one lightly I guarantee it!

And I guarantee that Wynne has had this game circled in since 10-15-10. If Wynne was to only win and be Prepare for one game all year long, THIS is the one....

Big Foot

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on October 12, 2011, 08:53:03 pm

I will be there.

Are you saying it is too soon for an early Christmas gift????

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas