• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville at Watson Chapel (WMS)

Started by GuvHog, August 20, 2018, 03:41:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

This one will be a tough game for the Wildcats. Nashville is always good so I'll say the Cats win in a close one. Comments??

PA Dad

I don't know anything about either team, but I'll be rooting for WC.

Overdahill

Quote from: GuvHog on August 20, 2018, 03:41:01 pm
This one will be a tough game for the Wildcats. Nashville is always good so I'll say the Cats win in a close one. Comments??

WC will represent the Central well; glad to have them but wish we still had McClellan also

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on August 20, 2018, 03:41:01 pm
I'll take Nashville.

zebrafan

zebradynasty

Interesting to see how this will get spin. I know this was the first game but WC had a lot of returning starters and they looked like sophs playing their fist game!

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 20, 2018, 11:04:14 pm
Interesting to see how this will get spin. I know this was the first game but WC had a lot of returning starters and they looked like sophs playing their fist game!
Hope they improve but man there gonna be fighting tough for that last spot in the Central...Pa/LRC and Parkview who scrimmaged us looks tough.

GhostofRosswoodCC

Did the kid that pushed the ref last night get kicked out of game or not?  It was unclear on what happened>?
I hope White Hall gets the Watson Chapel team I saw last night ;) ;D

OrangeCrush.

I don't think he did. Which is amazing to me. Kid was ready to throw down with anyone.

Hogman2018

WC gave this game away! Too many turnovers

The_Pioneer

Jimbo Morphis

Guv must be sticking to Hogville today.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on August 20, 2018, 10:48:42 pm
Very very sloppy game.

100% agree. It was sloppy for both teams. WC is going to have to stop turning the ball over or they won't make the playoffs.

AT

Is Nashville expected to be up this year? You never want to lose down a classification, but Nashville isn't usually a bad one to lose by one score.

OrangeCrush.

There is little difference between 5A and 4A teams, talent, etc. Nashville probably could have won the 5A South more years than the 7-4A over the last decade.

scrapman

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 21, 2018, 06:19:52 pm
Is Nashville expected to be up this year? You never want to lose down a classification, but Nashville isn't usually a bad one to lose by one score.
Nashville started like 5 sophomores the other night as well only having 8 returning starters from last season. Not bad considering WC returned 18 starters and I think 2 all state and 5 all conference players.
It was a very sloppy game although fun to watch. A lot better to watch than that first game.
It will be interesting to see where WC ends up this year. Very talented but obviously have some things to work out.

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 21, 2018, 12:55:00 pm
WC gave this game away! Too many turnovers
Nashville had turnovers and played sloppy at times as well.  They simply outplayed WC and got the win. 

AHS06

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 21, 2018, 07:18:10 pm
There is little difference between 5A and 4A teams, talent, etc. Nashville probably could have won the 5A South more years than the 7-4A over the last decade.
There is a difference between top tier 5A and 4A teams.  Nashville has an excellent program and it shows every year.  Playing a 5A south schedule is different from playing a couple during non-conference.  I would like to see Nashville and Prescott start their rivalry again.     

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: AHS06 on August 22, 2018, 09:07:20 am
There is a difference between top tier 5A and 4A teams.  Nashville has an excellent program and it shows every year.  Playing a 5A south schedule is different from playing a couple during non-conference.  I would like to see Nashville and Prescott start their rivalry again.   
Who is top tier in 5A other than PA?  It's them and everyone else.  I would take Warren, Robinson, and Arkadelphia against anyone in 5A other than PA. And even PA looks beatable this year.

scrapman

Quote from: AHS06 on August 22, 2018, 09:07:20 am
It has been tried over the last several years. Prescott won't play. They have said no to JR and SR high games. Sad because it has always been such an exciting rivalry.

Overdahill

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 22, 2018, 09:37:14 am
Who is top tier in 5A other than PA?  It's them and everyone else.  I would take Warren, Robinson, and Arkadelphia against anyone in 5A other than PA. And even PA looks beatable this year.

One of them should schedule Mcclellan and see what happens

STUNNA

Quote from: Overdahill on August 22, 2018, 10:07:05 am
i doubt any of the 3 listed are scared of McClellan. That also doesn't mean they would beat McClellan.

Da Truff

in the past this would be a true statement but the 5A is getting better and better with teams like McClellan, Parkview and the likes on the up swing.  You throw in LRCA and PA, there's some good talent in 5A nowadays

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Overdahill on August 22, 2018, 10:07:05 am
Would McClellan run a real offense or just stick to the usual and run the QB 50 times?

Overdahill

Quote from: STUNNA on August 22, 2018, 10:13:35 am
i doubt any of the 3 listed are scared of McClellan. That also doesn't mean they would beat McClellan.

I didn't think they would be scared; I would just like to see those games. Think it would be competitive and fun to watch

AHS06

Quote from: scrapman on August 22, 2018, 10:06:20 am
It has been tried over the last several years. Prescott won't play. They have said no to JR and SR high games. Sad because it has always been such an exciting rivalry.
It definitely is an exciting rivalry.  Hopefully it will be restored soon.  Both sides say the other does not want to play LOL

AHS06

I am in noway trying to discredit the 4A conference.  However, with the top tier teams the talent and dept becomes a factor.  Below is Hootens preseason top 5.   

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Morrilton
3. Texarkana
4. LR Christian
5. LR McClellan

1. Warren
2. Joe T. Robinson
3. Arkadelphia
4. Pea Ridge
5. Stuttgart

Da Truff

Quote from: AHS06 on August 22, 2018, 11:00:22 am
I am in noway trying to discredit the 4A conference.  However, with the top tier teams the talent and dept becomes a factor.  Below is Hootens preseason top 5.   

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Morrilton
3. Texarkana
4. LR Christian
5. LR McClellan

1. Warren
2. Joe T. Robinson
3. Arkadelphia
4. Pea Ridge
5. Stuttgart

That should be the Kickoff Classic games 5A Vs. 4A top 5 against top 5.  Those would be 5 great games

AirWarren

Warren against current 5a teams since 2000 from my recollection:

Valley View(2-0). Warren has outscored them 75-40.
Watson Chapel(4-1). Warren has outscored them 193-101.
Pulaski Academy(2-6). PA has outscored Warren 341-258
Maumelle(1-0). Warren outscored the hornets 41-6. *they were Oak Grove at the time.
Little Rock Christian. (1-1).
Farmington. (1-0). Warren wins 49-13
Camden FV. (0-2).

Warren is 11-10 against 5A squads. Aside from the 4 years of torment PA gave us and the two years Buck James had a dream squad at Camden, we have done fairly well against 5a size schools.

#1 Hog fan

No offense but I'm gonna take it that a lot of you didn't here what Camden Fairview just did to Monticello in Monticello. 47-7

NWA Hawg

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on August 22, 2018, 11:33:38 pm
No offense but I'm gonna take it that a lot of you didn't here what Camden Fairview just did to Monticello in Monticello. 47-7

Monticello is not a very good football team.

HeberFan

Quote from: Da Truff on August 22, 2018, 11:06:25 am
That should be the Kickoff Classic games 5A Vs. 4A top 5 against top 5.  Those would be 5 great games

None of those top teams want to start the season with a loss.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: fann07 on August 23, 2018, 07:55:44 am
Monticello is not a very good football team.
Yeah they not terrible though anytime you just smash a team at their home like that it's a good sign

NWA Hawg

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on August 23, 2018, 10:29:06 am
Yeah they not terrible though anytime you just smash a team at their home like that it's a good sign

I still say it depends on the team you are smashing.

AHS06

Quote from: HeberFan on August 23, 2018, 10:10:43 am
None of those top teams want to start the season with a loss.
Texarkana is not worried about starting the season with a loss.  We have always scheduled a rugged non-conference.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: AHS06 on August 23, 2018, 11:38:15 am
Texarkana is not worried about starting the season with a loss.  We have always scheduled a rugged non-conference.
We know Ark High is not scared of losing the first game. They've been Texas High's whipping boy to start the season for decades.

Hogman2018

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 12:07:18 pm
We know Ark High is not scared of losing the first game. They've been Texas High's whipping boy to start the season for decades.
Its called the numbers game we dont supposed to beat them ! They got twice as many kids sonny!!

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 23, 2018, 01:40:42 pm
Its called the numbers game we dont supposed to beat them ! They got twice as many kids sonny!!
Warren regularly has 30-40 kids on roster, that's with 9th graders moving up.  They beat teams twice that big all the time.  Try another excuse sonny.

AHS06

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 12:07:18 pm
We've taken our fair share but everything goes in cycles and things have turned around.  I wonder why Nashville won't establish a lasting series in Texarkana against maybe Liberty Eylau?  Yet, they will continue to schedule Hope (Sure Win) and shy away from Prescott and some fans mumble under their breath of wanting a shot at Arkansas High.   

HeberFan

Quote from: AHS06 on August 23, 2018, 02:20:01 pm
We've taken our fair share but everything goes in cycles and things have turned around.  I wonder why Nashville won't establish a lasting series in Texarkana against maybe Liberty Eylau?  Yet, they will continue to schedule Hope (Sure Win) and shy away from Prescott and some fans mumble under their breath of wanting a shot at Arkansas High.

How quickly you forget McTelvin Agim.

OrangeCrush.

August 23, 2018, 02:43:00 pm #40 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:46:32 pm by OrangeCrush.
Quote from: AHS06 on August 23, 2018, 02:20:01 pm
Hope is a rivalry that goes back 108 years.  That's not going to end no matter how bad Hope is.  Like you said things go in cycles. 3-4 years ago and 15-20 years ago Hope was legit.

Prescott and Nashville can't get schedules to match up for it to happen. 

We have played Pleasant Grove and Liberty Eylau a few times over the years. I'd love to play someone from Texarkana again, but you have to play who is available.

And me personally, I would like to play someone better than Ark High.  When was the last time they had a winning season? 

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 23, 2018, 01:40:42 pm
The numbers game does not apply and it is sickening whenever it's brought up between Arkansas and Texas High.  I do not know where the mentality changed to we are not supposed to beat them. 

AHS06

August 23, 2018, 04:07:34 pm #42 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:09:40 pm by AHS06
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 02:43:00 pm
Hope is a rivalry that goes back 108 years.  That's not going to end no matter how bad Hope is.  Like you said things go in cycles. 3-4 years ago and 15-20 years ago Hope was legit.

Prescott and Nashville can't get schedules to match up for it to happen. 

We have played Pleasant Grove and Liberty Eylau a few times over the years. I'd love to play someone from Texarkana again, but you have to play who is available.

And me personally, I would like to play someone better than Ark High.  When was the last time they had a winning season?
LOL well we finished .500 last year and even during our down years we would still beat up on Nashville.  Personally I would like to see a "Battle of the Border" played in Texarkana with Arkansas High vs Texas High, Liberty Eylau vs Nashville, and Pleasant Grove vs Ashdown.

Nashville never schedules a tough non-conference.  Look at Robinson and Arkadelphia...Appears Nashville is afraid of starting the season with a loss and wants to pad their schedule.   

BTW I pull for Nashville ;D and others in our area.  Arkansas High, Ashdown, Hope, Nashville, and Prescott.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on August 22, 2018, 11:33:38 pm

Who is your team?

zebradynasty

Nashville is like the 3rd winningest program in the state all-time but has historically never played up much. They may be looking for some tougher in state competition now but I'm not convinced on how committed they are to upgrading their non-conference schedule.

OrangeCrush.

Why do we need to upgrade our noncon schedule? Hope and De Queen are 100 year old rivalries that we aren't going to end no matter how bad they are. That leaves one game. And I'll go back to "you can only schedule who you can".

zebradynasty

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 06:05:55 pm
Why do we need to upgrade our noncon schedule? Hope and De Queen are 100 year old rivalries that we aren't going to end no matter how bad they are. That leaves one game. And I'll go back to "you can only schedule who you can".

Hope and De Queen are not considered tough competition. Padding your win totals with weak competition ain't cool!

AT

I'd have to say after reading about this game, my thoughts on WC haven't changed positively or negatively.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 23, 2018, 07:00:25 pm
Hope and De Queen are not considered tough competition. Padding your win totals with weak competition ain't cool!
Did you not read what I just posted? We don't schedule them based on tough competition. Do you understand what a rivalry is? The goal isn't to pad win totals, we do that by winning games in the toughest conference in 4A.

AHS06

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 07:14:50 pm
Did you not read what I just posted? We don't schedule them based on tough competition. Do you understand what a rivalry is? The goal isn't to pad win totals, we do that by winning games in the toughest conference in 4A.
There are many long standing rivalries that comes to an end or at least skip some years.   Maybe in the years to come the Scappers will play up or at least schedule some Texarkana teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas