• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep is open

Started by LRRandy, April 27, 2018, 10:17:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Brian Ross is going to LR Central

LRHogfan23

Heard this was in the works several days ago. Should be interesting to see who fills his position and if McBride will follow him to Central.

LRRandy

Quote from: LRHogfan23 on April 27, 2018, 10:19:34 am
Heard this was in the works several days ago. Should be interesting to see who fills his position and if McBride will follow him to Central.
he wouldn't be able to transfer and play his senior year.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on April 27, 2018, 10:24:59 am
he wouldn't be able to transfer and play his senior year.

I thought there was no rule against going private to public freely.  Perhaps I am mistaken.

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on April 27, 2018, 10:30:31 am
I thought there was no rule against going private to public freely.  Perhaps I am mistaken.
you may be right. I'm not sure. I thought it was for both ways.

LRHogfan23

From what I have read, he would be eligible, however I didn't look very hard.

"Transfers From Non‐Member School to Public School
A student attending a non‐member school (including a home‐schooled student) who returns to the public school district of his parents' domicile shall become eligible immediately after attending one day of classes."

The question becomes should he follow coach Ross or not?

Stay and have a chance at  4 state championships, or go to Central where he would be going up against tougher competition, and might get better exposure.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on April 27, 2018, 10:35:08 am
you may be right. I'm not sure. I thought it was for both ways.

You should know better than to assume the rules were even-handed!  LOL   ;D 

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on April 27, 2018, 10:41:33 am
You should know better than to assume the rules were even-handed!  LOL   ;D
that's a good point. 😀

LRRandy

Quote from: LRHogfan23 on April 27, 2018, 10:40:06 am

A student attending a non‐member school (including a home‐schooled student) who returns to the public school district of his parents' domicile shall become eligible immediately after attending one day of classes."

Stay and have a chance at  4 state championships, or go to Central where he would be going up against tougher competition, and might get better exposure.
thanks for posting that.

OB11

Quote from: LRHogfan23 on April 27, 2018, 10:40:06 am

Would a "Non-Member" school mean not a AAA member? Baptist Prep is a member of the AAA.

LRHogfan23

That's what I am not sure of. It lists the transfer rules for Public School to Non-Public School, Non-Public School to Non-Public school, but then changes the wording to Non-Member to Public school.

So im not sure if that means Non-AAA members or Non-Public schools.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: OB11 on April 27, 2018, 10:58:18 am
Would a "Non-Member" school mean not a AAA member? Baptist Prep is a member of the AAA.

Yup, good point.  And exactly why I am not sure.  But I have always thought it was intentionally set up to allow private to public movement without a domicile change and without penalty. 

eagle1

Quote from: LRRandy on April 27, 2018, 10:53:10 am
thanks for posting that.
Non-member schools are referring to none AAA member schools I believe but may be wrong.

eagle1

Great job. Great talent base coming back from three peat 4A state champs and a drop in class offers a great opp to win  state championship in first year.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on April 27, 2018, 12:18:54 pm
Non-member schools are referring to none AAA member schools I believe but may be wrong.
it will be interesting to see what happens.

2fe

You can go private to public without sitting

neds

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: neds on May 12, 2018, 04:50:13 pm
2fe is correct

But only to the school & district in which you reside unless you move before the cutoff date, correct?

LeftyWorld

Yea I'm almost positive it's got to be to the school district where you live. Even if you School choice to another district coming from a private school surely you would still have to sit a year if your a junior or senior. If not what's stopping someone from going private their junior year so they don't have to sit out then transfer to any public school in the state of their choosing?

gamechanger11

Doesn't matter what the rules are aaa are not going to enforce them. They just like to write rules but doesn't make anyone abide by them.

Eagle20

The AAA only investigates rules violations that they are made aware of by a complaint from another member school.  They do not investigate claims made by individuals.  Most of the time other schools do not want to mess with it. 

OB11

Quote from: Eagle20 on May 12, 2018, 11:16:12 pm
The AAA only investigates rules violations that they are made aware of by a complaint from another member school.  They do not investigate claims made by individuals.  Most of the time other schools do not want to mess with it.

Right. And it has to be an administrator (usually a supt) that files the complaint.

eagle1

Will have an announcement soon. It will be a great one!

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: eagle1 on May 15, 2018, 01:00:10 pm
Will have an announcement soon. It will be a great one!

CSM needs to say "YES", and get this settled before school is out.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on May 17, 2018, 10:14:42 am

CSM needs to say "YES", and get this settled before school is out.

So is Steve Miller going to be the basketball coach as well as AD?

RamblinRazorWreck

May 17, 2018, 11:18:04 am #25 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:14:04 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: fann07 on May 17, 2018, 11:15:18 am
So is Steve Miller going to be the basketball coach as well as AD?

No clue (except rumors)...  I was hoping out loud.

eagle1

Announcement of new coach will be soon.

beach bum

This is not current Baptist Prep news, but it was nice to see Vanover last month end up going to California after his year at prep school. He will do well in the Pac 12 style wise and a great academic institution. It's on the short list of one of the most highly thought of public universities in the country for its academics. That is great for that young man and I hope he succeeds for the Bears.

eagle1

Thought we would get the announcement tomorrow but it will likely be Monday now.

RamblinRazorWreck

eagle1

Great hire. Had to move announcement to today due to Sr Trip.

LRRandy

So excited to have Coach Miller back as head BB coach. A great coach and an even better man. Baptist couldn't have asked for a better transition from Coach Ross.

BigLion10

Saw where McBride is killing it in the Fab48 tournament this week in Vegas. Picked up offers from SMU, TCU, and Kansas. Great news for this young man who I think is the best player in the state

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas