• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Jonesboro Westside

Started by luxora4life, October 13, 2018, 07:16:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdFlu

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 23, 2018, 10:42:39 am
Sometimes those things just happen
It should never happen and the staff should be held responsible

bigchief72455

Who knows maybe it has been addressed.

hogwildUofA

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 23, 2018, 10:57:27 am
It should never happen and the staff should be held responsible
Ask the DC/Special Teams Coordinator he is on the post....smh

MT Legend

Hang on a second you said 1 3 and 33 didn't shake hands? Ok,on 42 Sports it shows the hand shake line.33 give 33 from Westside a hug.3 clearly walked through the line.1 had to be drug out of the line by number 33 he seemed to be a little upset.so I seen with my 2 eyes those players shake hands.🤷🏽‍♂️

MT Legend

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2018, 12:53:53 am
They didn't dress on the bus so that's definitely fake news lol

lol,Big Time "FAKE" News! Looks like the one calling Rivercrest classless is the real classless one for trying to make a bunch of kids look bad.🤷🏾‍♂️ Anyone interested in the truth here you go. https://youtu.be/LVA7MfchYRc

BirdFlu

Quote from: MT Legend on October 23, 2018, 03:36:27 pm
lol,Big Time "FAKE" News! Looks like the one calling Rivercrest classless is the real classless one for trying to make a bunch of kids look bad.🤷🏾‍♂️ Anyone interested in the truth here you go. https://youtu.be/LVA7MfchYRc
After further review, your video evidence shows 1 and 33 walking out of the linewithout shaking a hand then a few minutes later 33 for westside comes over to 33 for the colts and they hug. 33 and 1 for the colts never touched any other westside player. PLUS, it's not that great of a video because people could have walked off the field and the camera angle would have never seen it

MT Legend

October 23, 2018, 04:01:04 pm #156 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:06:09 pm by MT Legend
Quote from: BirdFlu on October 23, 2018, 03:52:41 pm
After further review, your video evidence shows 1 and 33 walking out of the linewithout shaking a hand then a few minutes later 33 for westside comes over to 33 for the colts and they hug. 33 and 1 for the colts never touched any other westside player. PLUS, it's not that great of a video because people could have walked off the field and the camera angle would have never seen it

Rivercrest has 28 players go through the line.ok I 33 pulled 1 out of the line.1 was upset at himself not Westside. He did nothing wrong cudos to 33 for stepping up and grabbing him cause he knew he was upset. Those kids looked out for one another they took the high road I would much rather my teammate grab me out of the line when I'm upset then let me go through and take a chance of me getting into it with the other players. If you didn't see 3 go through the line then my Freind you clearly need glasses lol.🤷🏽‍♂️

BirdFlu

I didn't mention 3 at all and taking the high road would be manning up and shaking hands. Not acting like a baby and walking away

MT Legend

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 23, 2018, 04:10:54 pm
I didn't mention 3 at all and taking the high road would be manning up and shaking hands. Not acting like a baby and walking away
Again he was mad at himself for fumbling and costing his team a chance at a victory.Take this for what it's  worth.us black folks don't take losing well at all. I seen good sportsmanship this whole game and both schools carried themselves well. Rivercrest had every kid on their team go through the hand shake line. "Again" 1 was not being a baby he felt like he let his team down.it happens time to time kids get emotional over these things. That's all this was 1 emotional kid.

bigchief72455

He is just a kid. Full of emotion and upset. I have met this young man a few times and I can tell you he is a good young man.Just a kid that's all. Try not to be so hard on him.

BirdFlu

No one is being hard on him. Its the right thing to do

And no winner likes losing. I hate losing worse than I like winning but you should always respect the other team and give them their credit

MT Legend

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 23, 2018, 04:20:40 pm
He is just a kid. Full of emotion and upset. I have met this young man a few times and I can tell you he is a good young man.Just a kid that's all. Try not to be so hard on him.

Exactly! Finally someone with some common sense.Thank you sir.

BirdFlu

Hopefully the coach and parents rectify the situation because it's inexcusable and should be taken care of that way

bigchief72455

BirdFlu

Maybe you should write your local snowflake chapter

bigchief72455

I'm not the one having the meltdown over a kid not shaking another's hand.

BirdFlu

Redskin2015

You are calling a kid names, that says more about your character than his

BirdFlu

No names were called and perhaps if that's the first time he's heard what the high road is, that could be the problem.

Redskin2015

Come again?

BirdFlu

Saying you're a baby is different than saying acting like a baby.

Missco

Oh my lawd. I have seen a lot of games where teams didn't shake hands. Good sportsmanship should always be shown but kid's get emotional. It is a football contest not Sunday school.

Redskin2015

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 23, 2018, 09:17:03 pm
Saying you're a baby is different than saying acting like a baby.
So because they lost a emotional game one that was being played for that number 1 spot and the kid got emotional and didn't shake hands he's acting like a baby? What about seniors in their final game if they don't shake hands because they are so emotional that they know they won't ever get to play a ball game again for their team does that mean they're acting like babies? Where do you draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not?

BirdFlu

Missco

BirdFlu

Honestly I've never heard of a senior so emotional he can't shake hands. It must be a nea thing

Missco

The whole time I was in school I can remember several times Jonesboro Westside and Gosnell wouldn't shake hands. Neither team was being bad sports both coaches just knew it could get ugly

Redskin2015

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 23, 2018, 11:09:28 pm
Honestly I've never heard of a senior so emotional he can't shake hands. It must be a nea thing
I've never heard of a grown man that bully's kids and calls them names but I guess there's a first for everything

Redskin2015

Quote from: Missco on October 23, 2018, 11:15:01 pm
The whole time I was in school I can remember several times Jonesboro Westside and Gosnell wouldn't shake hands. Neither team was being bad sports both coaches just knew it could get ugly
These water boys that don't know jack are just popping up left and right this season I've never seen them this bad

BirdFlu

Well if they knew it would get ugly there must have been some sort of bad sportsmanship displayed

bigchief72455

It happens. Remember a couple years ago when a few new Pea Ridge posters started showing up because they were winning a lot. The Pea Ridge faithful would try to tell them to shut up. I think it's kind of the same thing here.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 23, 2018, 11:22:42 pm
It happens. Remember a couple years ago when a few new Pea Ridge posters started showing up because they were winning a lot. The Pea Ridge faithful would try to tell them to shut up. I think it's kind of the same thing here.
Have you seen the green Forest guy lately I think he's finally given up on that state title run

bigchief72455

I saw him post earlier about if GF would score a TD in conference this season. 2 games left and it's been a goose egg so far.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 23, 2018, 11:25:13 pm
I saw him post earlier about if GF would score a TD in conference this season. 2 games left and it's been a goose egg so far.
And then there was brookland guy

ISU7

October 24, 2018, 10:04:23 am #184 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:50:49 am by ISU7
Get lost Bird Flu, shaking so many hands is probably how you got your FF nickname. lol  8)

BirdFlu

I've played against teams like that and so have both of my sons and know what you mean but you still have to man up and shake their hand after it's over.

OB11

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 24, 2018, 10:07:12 am
I've played against teams like that and know what you mean but you still have to man up and shake their hand after it's over.

That's a tough ask of 16-18 year old kids to be called names and and degraded for 48 minutes and then go shake the guy's hands that were doing it.

**Not saying that is what happened Friday night.**

BirdFlu

I agree but as coaches and parents we are supposed to teach them to be bigger than that kind of person. If we don't, we are no better

OB11

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 24, 2018, 10:17:27 am
I agree but as coaches and parents we are supposed to teach them to be bigger than that kind of person. If we don't, we are no better

I get your point. But with coaching, teaching, parenting, etc...we can teach kids every day to do exactly what we want them to do and when the lights come and it's time to perform they don't always do what we've taught them.

Do I think they should buck up and be good sports? Absolutely. But let's not bash teenage kids for acting like teenage kids. Not the first time someone didn't shake hands after a tough loss and won't be the last.

hogwild_82

October 24, 2018, 10:36:28 am #189 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:53:30 am by hogwild_82
Honestly this thread needs to just disappear, both teams played sloppy, both teams put the ball on the ground alot, both teams made mistakes, both teams played hard, both coaching staffs do their jobs very well. Fans need to let this game go and move on. Kids make mistakes, sure it's not the best thing to see a kid not want to shake hands, who knows why he didn't, he is a KID, let it be.

Good luck to everyone Friday, lots of football to play!!! I hope the 3-4A makes noise in the playoffs!!

ISU7

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 24, 2018, 10:36:28 am
Easy there ISU.. BirdFlu isn't even a Westside person.. Leave Westside out of this conversation. They didn't do anything wrong Friday night. These boys are first class. What happened in the past is in the past. Honestly this thread needs to just disappear, both teams played sloppy, both teams put the ball on the ground alot, both teams made mistakes, both teams played hard, both coaching staffs do their jobs very well. Fans need to let this game go and move on. Kids make mistakes, sure it's not the best thing to see a kid not want to shake hands, who knows why he didn't, he is a KID, let it be.

Good luck to everyone Friday, lots of football to play!!! I hope the 3-4A makes noise in the playoffs!!
My bad  I will erase it bro

hogwild_82

Thanks ISU appreciate it.. i modified mine too

OB11

Let's all just move on from this game. Otherwise I'll lock it up.

Congrats to Westside and good luck the rest of the season to everybody.

ISU7

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 24, 2018, 10:53:58 am
Thanks ISU appreciate it.. i modified mine too
No problem bro
Good luck to yall Friday night but you know I gotta pull for Trumann. ;D ;D
GO 3-4A!!!!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: OB11 on October 24, 2018, 10:54:57 am

+1  8)

Redskin2015

Quote from: OB11 on October 24, 2018, 10:54:57 am

+1,000

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Missco on October 23, 2018, 11:15:01 pm

Must be long ago... Being a Gosnell alum, we always shook hands with every team we played. Every Westside game was  blowout victory so no reason for it to get heated....at least on the Gosnell side of things. My 7-12 grade seasons at Gosnell, our junior high could've competed with Westsides varsity.
For the record, I'm not trying to start anything. Just stating my experience.

Missco

1989----bench clearing brawl....I wont post the other examples because they are real bad. I will PM you with details

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Missco on October 24, 2018, 04:39:25 pm
1989----bench clearing brawl....I wont post the other examples because they are real bad. I will PM you with details

Well that explains it haha. Way before my time...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas