• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Felony

Started by LRRandy, May 17, 2016, 07:39:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/05/alabama_lt_cam_robinson_charge.html

This isn't trading your personal property for tattoos. This is a felony. Any chance he is dismissed from team? At the very least how many games is he suspended?

beach bum

When I saw this I knew it would not turn out well if they are convicted and don't get an easier pass because who they are.... the stealing the weapon and having an unregistered gun will not suit well for them. Alabama is also a state that does not have lenient drug laws so this may end up bad for them.

ricepig

May 17, 2016, 08:44:43 pm #2 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:13:46 pm by ricepig
Quote from: beach bum on May 17, 2016, 08:26:53 pm
When I saw this I knew it would not turn out well if they are convicted and don't get an easier pass because who they are.... the stealing the weapon and having an unregistered gun will not suit well for them. Alabama is also a state that does not have lenient drug laws so this may end up bad for them.

They were arrested in Louisiana, and Robinson's attorney thinks the DA will reduce or drop the stolen gun charge as it will take a preponderance of evidence to prove he knew about it.

Edit: it's not that simple it now appears.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/cam_hootie.html

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on May 17, 2016, 08:44:43 pm
They were arrested in Louisiana, and Robinson's attorney thinks the DA will reduce or drop the stolen gun charge as it will take a preponderance of evidence to prove he knew about it.

Edit: it's not that simple it now appears.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/cam_hootie.html

Benefits of being an athlete....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on May 18, 2016, 05:55:33 pm
Benefits of being an athlete....

Short of doing time, Saban said today that the punishment will be handled internally, and that the players would be in better circumstances with him, Bama, watching over them, lol.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on May 18, 2016, 07:20:08 pm
Short of doing time, Saban said today that the punishment will be handled internally, and that the players would be in better circumstances with him, Bama, watching over them, lol.
yeah, watching over him protecting the blindside of his quarterback. Amazing to me that a kid can get arrested for a felony and still play major college football.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on May 18, 2016, 07:25:52 pm
yeah, watching over him protecting the blindside of his quarterback. Amazing to me that a kid can get arrested for a felony and still play major college football.
Is my memory clear here - is or is not LRRandy a fan of a school in Columbus? 

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 18, 2016, 08:15:01 pm
Is my memory clear here - is or is not LRRandy a fan of a school in Columbus?
crystal

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on May 18, 2016, 11:43:01 pm
crystal

And you want to point out other school's issues?
Buckeye, heal thyself.

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 19, 2016, 06:57:55 am
And you want to point out other school's issues?
Buckeye, heal thyself.
national championship trophies heal a lot of things. Really though, you trying to compare a felony to trading personal property for tattoos? (Which is not even a crime)  Kinda not the same.

mtindian42

Buckeyes have did there time. It's behind us now. Good to see another buckeye out here Lr randy. Go Bucks!!!

beach bum

May 22, 2016, 07:49:20 pm #12 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:51:00 pm by beach bum
I will never get upset when a guy is capitalizing on THEIR ABILITIES. Getting tattoos for autographs isn't even close to an actual criminal offense. Those guys were called everything in the book when that happened. Who cares? I don't ever want a tattoo but it wasn't like they were out stealing guns. Good for them IMO getting free tattoos. The NCAA is a joke and it is why I watch very little college sports anymore. These are not student athletes in the major sports. Look at the TV contracts and bowl payouts, etc... this is big business in which they see nothing of the cut. These are athlete-students! The NCAA served a great purpose at one point but let us just call it what it is now. That is a free amateur league for the pro franchises.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on May 22, 2016, 07:49:20 pm
I will never get upset when a guy is capitalizing on THEIR ABILITIES. Getting tattoos for autographs isn't even close to an actual criminal offense. Those guys were called everything in the book when that happened. Who cares? I don't ever want a tattoo but it wasn't like they were out stealing guns. Good for them IMO getting free tattoos. The NCAA is a joke and it is why I watch very little college sports anymore. These are not student athletes in the major sports. Look at the TV contracts and bowl payouts, etc... this is big business in which they see nothing of the cut. These are athlete-students! The NCAA served a great purpose at one point but let us just call it what it is now. That is a free amateur league for the pro franchises.

Certainly you don't think a free education is worth NOTHING?

And they are actually getting a "cost of attendance" stipend now which is $4500 at Arkansas, so it's not like they are getting nothing.

Breitontime

$4,500, for 60+ hour weeks, on top of class.

Say, $50K over four years on education, plus $18K in stipends.

I wish I could make millions upon millions, upon more millions, and pay my employees $68K over four years for 60+ hour weeks.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Breitontime on May 23, 2016, 11:33:07 am

I wish I could make millions upon millions, upon more millions, and pay my employees $68K over four years for 60+ hour weeks.

And I wish when I was in college I could've had it ALL paid for PLUS get some spending money and free tutors without having to take years and years to pay off my student loans.

But hey, life's unfair, nobody's forcing anybody to go to college OR play sports in college. We all know the rules when we apply or sign a LOI.

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on May 23, 2016, 11:33:07 am

You're a little shy on your education costs, living at home going to Tech? Also, they don't put 60hrs a week in, it's against the rules.

Breitontime

May 23, 2016, 04:13:54 pm #17 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:44:06 pm by Breitontime
Formally, it is against the rules. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, a lot. Video, training room time, etc.

What's four years at UA these days?

Lol, wish I could live at home and go to Tech. The easy life.

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on May 23, 2016, 04:13:54 pm
Formally, it is against the rules. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, a lot. Video, training room time, etc.

Probably closer to $72-75,000, everything thrown in. You can live a little cheaper off campus, or more expensive. As far as the hours, the surveys the player's do, show a round 40-43 hours, with practice, film, tape, weights, training table.

fastdrop

Quote from: Breitontime on May 23, 2016, 04:13:54 pm

Funny - growing up on us are you.

When my son says he doesn't make enough money.... I just look at him and say yep playing around chasing the ladies 24/7 cost a lot of money. Live with in your means or figure out a way to make mo money .... the magic money tree in my back yard died a few years ago. HA HA.

Reality is a witch at times.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on June 01, 2016, 03:04:09 pm
Funny - growing up on us are you.

When my son says he doesn't make enough money.... I just look at him and say yep playing around chasing the ladies 24/7 cost a lot of money. Live with in your means or figure out a way to make mo money .... the magic money tree in my back yard died a few years ago. HA HA.

Reality is a witch at times.

Yeah, but shoot, I thought I was rich back in my running around days, he'll figure out when he gets married and children come along.

beach bum

Anyone else hear the comment from the DA out of Louisiana? Wow, just wow! It must be nice to be an athlete.... Just imagine if one of us we did the same thing they did.

Longfellow

Ridiculous that they get off just because they play at Alabama. There is something seriously wrong with our justice system

ricepig

Quote from: Longfellow on June 21, 2016, 10:30:02 am
Ridiculous that they get off just because they play at Alabama. There is something seriously wrong with our justice system

I don't think it was because they played at Bama, I think they'd gotten off as long as they played any where without an A/C field, lol.

beach bum

I am thinking that DA has a permanent bottle of scotch behind his desk....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on June 21, 2016, 01:59:35 pm
I am thinking that DA has a permanent bottle of scotch behind his desk....

Empty, or recently replaced.......

LRRandy

Hard to believe. 

Longfellow

Another Bama player arrested today. Possible first rounder Tim Williams arrested for possession of a firearm without a license. He was also in possession of marijuana but was not charged because he said he was holding it for his friend, "Brandon Chicken". I bet he plays against Kentucky and faces no discipline from Saban

ricepig

Quote from: Longfellow on September 29, 2016, 12:51:56 pm
Another Bama player arrested today. Possible first rounder Tim Williams arrested for possession of a firearm without a license. He was also in possession of marijuana but was not charged because he said he was holding it for his friend, "Brandon Chicken". I bet he plays against Kentucky and faces no discipline from Saban

Actually, the person driving his car said the marijuana in the console was his, and he was holding it for Mr. Chicken. Williams was charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. Oh, I agree, he won't sit.

LRRandy

He is a key player. He will probably sit against Kentucky, they could win with all second team, but that will probably be it. Saban's player discipline is a joke.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on September 30, 2016, 09:34:29 am
He is a key player. He will probably sit against Kentucky, they could win with all second team, but that will probably be it. Saban's player discipline is a joke.
Nick was quick to throw Barnett under the bus for transferring, though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas