• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the best team in 4A-4?

Started by allboys, November 06, 2009, 07:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allboys

November 06, 2009, 07:46:51 pm Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:49:57 pm by allboys
Any ideas?

Oakey91

baller1

Well, 2 things:
Stuttgart isn't in the 4-4A to start with.
Every junior high team from a football school is undefeated at this point in the season.

4-4A: Clarksville, hands down
Pottsville is the only team who might even have a chance to play them close. The only way they lose a game this year is if they load up their schedule with 7A & 6A schools.

BOYS
1 Clarksville
2 Pottsville
3 West Fork
4 Dover
5 Dardanelle
6 Subiaco
7 Ozark
8 Booneville

allboys

thanks for the input.  I don't know alot about basket ball and was just curious. Is Clarksville that good? Or are the other teams in the conference just bad?

1-Adam-12

Clarksville is plenty good.  They have several players who excelled last year as 8th and even 7th graders.  They will be very hard to handle.

allboys

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 09, 2009, 12:05:38 am
Clarksville is plenty good.  They have several players who excelled last year as 8th and even 7th graders.  They will be very hard to handle.
I look forward to watching them when they play Ozark. Good luck to both teams.

mi-ky

Clarksville shouldn't be touched in conference, Pottsville is going to be pretty good. Clarksville did move the 9th grade Lee kid up to sr high but still have his twin brothers that are 8th graders along with their half brother. After that to me it is Subi, Ozark, WF, Dover, Dardanelle, and then Booneville.

edghog

Ozark will be very athletic. That along with new coaching should produce a good year for the Hillbillies. Top 4 I will say.

allboys

Quote from: edghog on November 13, 2009, 09:42:02 am
Ozark will be very athletic. That along with new coaching should produce a good year for the Hillbillies. Top 4 I will say.
I hope so. So far the boys seem to like the new coach. I went to their two games so far and they looked pretty good. They are 1 and 1 on the season with a win over Coleman and a loss at Greenwood. Their shooting is what hurt them at Greenwood.

edghog

I heard from a Jr Lady Hillbilly Dad that both teams looked good at times. Should be a fun year.

Lacerta agilis

Clarksville and Pottsville are the boys teams who are the measuring sticks in the conference, the girls I would say Ozark and Dardanelle.

hillbilly

Quote from: mi-ky on November 12, 2009, 11:13:37 am
Clarksville shouldn't be touched in conference, Pottsville is going to be pretty good. Clarksville did move the 9th grade Lee kid up to sr high but still have his twin brothers that are 8th graders along with their half brother. After that to me it is Subi, Ozark, WF, Dover, Dardanelle, and then Booneville.
Well the rest of your teams after Pottsville and Clarksville are already wrong. Ozark beat Subi by 20 last night.

1-Adam-12

Booneville might prove a factor in the girls.  They have 3 returning starters back from last year one of whom averaged nearly 14 a game.  Not many junior high teams can say that.

mi-ky

Hey Hillbilly, did all of those kids play last year. I seen Ozark last year and knew that they had several 9th graders and honestly didn't think they would be very good. Not to say I thought that they would be bad just not a really good team. Impressed with them. Long and athletic, not sure how good they will be when they get older but very impressed with them now.

hillbilly

I'm not really sure, I know that one of the kids playing quite a bit is an 8th grader. Thanks for the kind words.

edghog

Well it aint Bunnyville. Ozark, in both boys & girls, over the Bearcats last night.

1-Adam-12

Ozark's boys looked very good. They will be a tough team to knock off. 

But the two girls teams looked very even IMO.  McLaughlin with 24 for Ozark and Ward with 21 and 10 for Booneville.  Great game.

TigerDog

Not sure what your used to seeing in this conference, but Ozark did not look very good to me. Greenwood was in control and played deep into their bench. Clarksville will win this conference without a doubt. The twins have not lost many games to ANYONE...EVER. Pottsville will be 2nd and everyone else will be a distant and I mean a very distant 3rd.

edghog

Ozark boys & girls over Charleston.

TigerDog

How'd the 7th grade games turn out?

edghog

Tiger 7th grade boys won by about 20. Ozark B boys won. Not sure of that score.

TigerDog

The Tigers have a couple 7th graders that are very good basketball players.

Two of the junior high starters did not play in the Ozark game. Don't know if they would have made up the difference, but if they play later in the year it could be a little different.

Heard the 8th grader for Ozark still looks good though.

edghog

I haven't been to a JR High game yet this year but I have been watching this group since they were 3rd graders. They are very athletic. It's gonna be a fun ride.

arthurhawgerelli

Pottsville beat Clarksville pretty handily.  56-30 I think.

exjock

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on December 04, 2009, 10:10:13 am
Pottsville beat Clarksville pretty handily.  56-30 I think.
I seen Pottsville play earlier this year and knew Clarksville better be awesome if they were going to beat Pottsville.

sandlift

Just a rumor but the word going around Clarksville is that the Lee boys and maybe a few others will be transfering to Lamar next year. I heard that from a very good source. has anyone else heard that???

edghog

1-Adam-12

Booneville girls (by 7) and Clarksville boys (by 13) win at Booneville tonight.

edghog

Ozark girls & boys lead the entire game against Farmington only to lose at the end. Girls by 1 & boys by 2.

1-Adam-12

Thursday night Booneville girls beat Mena by 19.  Mena boys won by 2.

apachemom

Pottsville boys won the Ola tournament after beating Magazine, Jessieville, and Sacred Heart.  Don't know what those teams are like this year, but hope it foretells the season.  Go Apaches.

apachemom

West Fork at Pottsville.  Jr. Lady Apaches lost by 10. Jr. Apaches won by 10.

allboys

Ozark Girls beat Clarksville, Ozark Boys lost.

apachemom

Booneville at Pottsville.  Apache boys won easily.  Apache girls lost.

apachemom

Dover at Pottsville. Jr Apaches win by over 20.  Jr Lady Apaches had fun.

edghog

Both Ozark teams over Pottersville. Apache girls got spanked. Ozark boys by 3.
It's a wonderful life!

apachemom

January 15, 2010, 09:13:48 pm #36 Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:15:21 pm by apachemom
I heard it was a good game.  I figured the guy's game would be close.

Our girls are really struggling this year.  But the 8th grade girls won.  You take the wins where you can.

I am looking forward to them playing each other again.

edghog

Apache girls were scrappy. Apache boys are good. Ozark boys will have to play great to beat them again. There seems to be a lot of tension between the boys. Probably left over from football season.

apachemom

The girls haven't jelled as a team.  You know Jr. High girl drama.

The football season DEFINATELY had a lot to do with the boys.  All but one of the 9th graders played f'ball as well.  Games are little more fun with a little rivalry.

What is the boys' record?  I think this one will come down to the wire!!!

edghog

I'm not sure about the boys record. I've only made about half the games. I think they lost to both Clarksville & Dardanelle.

1-Adam-12

Agree with observations on both Pottsville teams.  When Booneville played them at Pottsville it took our girls till late in the 3rd to take control.

Apache boys are excellent.  Totally controlled everything.

Rematch the last date before district in Booneville.  District tourney is at Dover.

allboys

January 19, 2010, 10:04:17 am #41 Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:07:15 am by allboys
Quote from: edghog on January 16, 2010, 10:35:16 am
I'm not sure about the boys record. I've only made about half the games. I think they lost to both Clarksville & Dardanelle.
With the two Tournaments they have played in they are 8 and 7 after last nights loss to West Fork. They play Clarksville Thursday @ Clarksville.

edghog

They look really good at times. Ozark BB is on the way back. Coaches working hard. Kids with better attitudes. I'm not much of a BB fan but they are starting to show reason for me to be more of a fan.
(Won't overtake football however!)

apachemom

Apaches at Dardanelle Monday night.  Boys won, girls lost.

The boys are doing really well with the Ozark "hiccup".  Monday against Clarksville will be the real test.

apachemom

Ola at Pottsville.  Apache boys and girls both win.

1-Adam-12

Booneville girls knocked off Dover on Thursday, Dover boys won.

apachemom

Clarksville at Pottsville, Apaches and Lady Apaches both lost by 4 points.

The guys game was exciting!!! 

allboys

Where was the Clarksville / Pottsville game played at?

apachemom

At Pottsville.  Funny, we beat them at Clarksville and they beat us at home.  Unfortunately, this one counted!

1-Adam-12

Booneville lost at West Fork Tue. in both games.  Girls was close, boys not.

Booneville postponed against Dardanelle at home tonight.  Makeup date 2/3.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas