• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 JR High - Girls Basketball

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, September 19, 2014, 01:52:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

September 19, 2014, 01:52:05 pm Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:54:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Tell us about your girls team, Who  is going to be some of the top teams in your conference. Returning top players?  7th graders that may be moved up, or new players that just moved in?

NEA Razorback olfan

September 19, 2014, 02:15:07 pm #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:28:48 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland Lady Bearcats  has returning freshman starters Hannah Lovrein, and Ally Loflin. Both were moved up as 7th graders. Hannah plays for the Ark Hoopsters, and Ally played for Fat City. I hear We have a freshman move in from Armorel (Don't know her name yet) that also played for the Hoopsters AAU team, and probably would have been moved up to Sr High if she was still at Armorel. I could see coach Hoffman's 7th grade daughter Lotti being moved up along with a couple other 7th graders.

chickasaw fan

Found out today that Brookland had another move in. She was Valley View starting jr high point guard last year. I think she is a 9th grader this year. Lots of guards at Brookland. Should be interesting.

NEA Razorback olfan

Coach Baltz should be thrilled , I believe the last 2 out of 3 years Brookland Jr girls have been conference, and or district champs. Brookland has a talented 7th grade group coming up also. Brookland should have some speed and quickness, so  I look for them to press ,and push the ball again this year. Chickasaw fan, are going to make some the brookland girls game this year? Any Idea on the names of these new girls ? You could pm me on these if you want.

Ezyout9700

Whitney Wagner is girl from Armorel. They also had a girl from EPC move, barely 5' but she has definitely improved since she has got her. Other girl is Hayden Cain, she is playing volleyball right now, but she will be in shape when bball rolls around. Her dad Brent is the one who got Ally to play for Fat City.  Hannah and Ally are also playing tennis right now as a doubles team , they are #1 doubles team  for the high school and have not been beaten yet this year.  Bailey Lovrien and Rachel Gramling are #2 doubles team. Madison Loflin is #1 single player and Minley Long is # 2 singles.  Basketball, tennis these girls are all great athletes they just might make it to State in tennis.

NEA Razorback olfan

September 21, 2014, 12:33:51 am #5 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:40:35 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Ezyout9700 on September 20, 2014, 11:12:02 pm
Whitney Wagner is girl from Armorel. They also had a girl from EPC move, barely 5' but she has definitely improved since she has got her. Other girl is Hayden Cain, she is playing volleyball right now, but she will be in shape when bball rolls around. Her dad Brent is the one who got Ally to play for Fat City.  Hannah and Ally are also playing tennis right now as a doubles team , they are #1 doubles team  for the high school and have not been beaten yet this year.  Bailey Lovrien and Rachel Gramling are #2 doubles team. Madison Loflin is #1 single player and Minley Long is # 2 singles.  Basketball, tennis these girls are all great athletes they just might make it to State in tennis.

Good to hear from you Easyout, thanks for the update. Sounds like the girls are doing great, Jr Girls should be tough this year. I'm ready to watch some basketball.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 05, 2014, 10:41:28 pm #6 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:07:49 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Looking at the Schedule , Brookland JR girls start their season November 10th-13th at the Valley View tourney. They should see some very good competition there. Then on the Road again vs 5A Nettleton and 6A( MacArthur/Jonesboro)
not sure who will start for the Lady Cats, but this tourney will let the 3 new players gel with everyone.

JR Lady Bearcats
(9) Hannah Lovrien PG
(9) Ally Loflin PG/SG
(9) Whitney Wagganer PG/SG
(9) Hayden Cain PG/SG
(9) Taylor Hammett PF
(9) Nashawnta Montgomery G
(8   Mallory Lovrein PF
(8  Hannah Roedel PF
(8  Kaylee Matthews
(8  Gracie Hyde G/PF
(8  Emily Pate SG/PF
(8  Eden Boles G
(7) Lotti Hoffman SG
(7) LaCasia Daniel PF/C
these are the ones I know of, please feel free to add the names I left out

chickasaw fan

Post the jr high schedule. I would like to see it. thxs

NEA Razorback olfan

October 07, 2014, 09:25:47 am #8 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:13:20 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
BROOKLAND LADY BEARCAT
BASKETBALL SCHEDULE 2014-15
Day/Date Opponent Place Teams Time
Tuesday, 11/4 Dennis Manley Scrimmage Home All Teams 5:00
11/10th,11th,13th Valley View Jr. Inv. Tourn Valley View Jr TBA
Tuesday, 11/18 Nettleton Away Jr, Sr 5:00 TBA
Monday, 11/24 Jonesboro/MacArthur Away Jr, Sr. 5:00
Tuesday, 11/25 GCT Away 7th,8th, Jr 5:00
Monday, 12/1 Rivercrest Home Jr Girls & Boys 6:00
Tuesday, 12/9 *Westside Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 12/12 *Trumann Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Tuesday, 12/16 *Harrisburg Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
12/18th,19th,20th Nettleton Jr. Inv. Tourn. Nettleton Jr TBA
Monday, 1/5 *Highland Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 1/9 *Gosnell Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Tuesday, 1/13 *Pocahontas Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 1/16 *Cave City Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Monday, 1/19 *Westside Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Thursday, 1/22 *Trumann Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Monday, 1/26 *Harrisburg Home 7th, Jr, Sr. 5:00
Thursday,1/29 *Gosnell Home 7th, Jr, Sr. 5:00
Monday, 2/2 *Highland Away Jr, Sr JV & V 5:00
Thursday, 2/5 *Pocahontas Home Jr, Sr JV & V 5:00
2/9th,10th,12th,14th Jr. High District Tourney Highland Jr TBA

* Denotes conference games

NEA Razorback olfan

October 08, 2014, 09:51:09 pm #9 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:58:16 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
The girls are working hard and What I hear, there is going to be some really good teams in 4A-3 conference this year. Pocahontas, Westside, Cave City, and Harrisburg are pretty loaded this year and maybe some others. should be some great games this year. I'm really looking forward to watching our girls improve every time the hit the floor.

NEA Razorback olfan

Talked with Coach Baltz last night at Jr football game, he is really impressed with the Wagner Girl, likes her work ethic , listens well and is very quick and athletic. He hasn't seen the Cain girl on the floor this year, she is still in volleyball right now but looks forward to getting them all together soon and getting ready for start of season.

chickasaw fan

I knew they would enjoy having Wagner at brookland!! When I saw her I was impressed. Is she going to be the 1 or 2?? What is Baltz going to do with so many guards??

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Basketball is built on Defense, The boys is Half court Man to Man, the Ladies is full court man plus they mix up some full and half court zone w/ traps on the sides. Some 3-2, or 2-3 half court zone if need. We love guards at Brookland , our Sr girls are almost all guards from 5'5 Cali, to 5'11 Rachel Gramling and Baily Lovrein, they can all push the ball in transition. These Jr girls with Ally Loflin, Hannah Lovrein, Whitney Wagner, Hayden Cain, and Lotti Hoffman may be the fastest girls group that has hit the floor for Brookland. Size is one thing we don't have much of , and I'm not coach Baltz but Depending on the size of the team we are playing and how effective we are,  IMO our girls will Full Court Press and push the ball from Tip to buzzer.

NEA Razorback olfan

Chickasaw fan, do you plan watching some Brookland girls games ??

chickasaw fan

Maybe, I would like to watch them. How deep do you expect them to get this year? State semis or finals??? Sounds like u guys are loaded sr and jr high?? Baltz and Richie are in good shape with talented and hard working players.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on October 12, 2014, 11:28:04 pm
Maybe, I would like to watch them. How deep do you expect them to get this year? State semis or finals??? Sounds like u guys are loaded sr and jr high?? Baltz and Richie are in good shape with talented and hard working players.

After watching our boys win State last year,  I'm sure our girls would love to get that far. I believe we will have a good season Sr and Jr , how good really depends on injuries and how much we improve from game to game. Sr girls made it to Quaterfinals with 1 senior, 2 Jr, 2 Sophs starting,
This year they will have 3 sr, 2 Jr starting.

Moonshiner

Any good Class A jr. Girls teams this year?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 13, 2014, 01:46:52 pm
Any good Class A jr. Girls teams this year?

Bay Jr girls won conference and district with mostly 7th graders. Bay doesn't have a Sr girls team this year so I'm not real sure how the schedule will be done for Bay Jr girls.

shady11954

valley springs jr girls and boys should be pretty good this year

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: shady11954 on October 13, 2014, 08:50:09 pm
valley springs jr girls and boys should be pretty good this year

I have heard Valley Springs JR and SR girls are really tough , good luck on the season

NEA Razorback olfan

Easyout, any word on who all is in the VV Jr tourney??

Ezyout9700

Nope!! I will have Ally ask Baltz....

NEA Razorback olfan

October 16, 2014, 09:34:34 pm #22 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:47:12 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Ezyout9700 on October 16, 2014, 09:12:49 pm
Nope!! I will have Ally ask Baltz....

Sounds good , just saw on twitter Jr and Sr girls Vball teams are conference Champs!!
Few more weeks till BBall season. Jr vball District is this weekend, Baltz should have his whole team starting next week!!

NEA Razorback olfan

This is a Jr Basketball thread but congrats to Brookland Jr Vball team, conference and district champs. Now we can get ready for basketball season. Coach Baltz will have ALL his girls together for the first time. Season starts in about 3 weeks, not sure on starters yet,  starting line up could change a few times early in season, but Coach will have them all working hard competing for a starting position. I really believe our new girls will fit in with coach Baltz system very well, already hearing a lot of positive talk from other parents that believe this is a pretty solid group that could contend in a tough 3-4A conference.

bscinar

Bay jr girls first game of the year:
94-7 over Kipp Delta.
I wasn't there but 94 pts in a jr girls game has to be close to a record?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: bscinar on October 20, 2014, 07:46:36 pm
94-7 over Kipp Delta.

Wow, thats Awsome !!  It is in my book, Big congrats to Lady Jackets!!!

gamechanger11

I don't believe that is awesome sounds like  poor leadership beating a team like that.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: gamechanger11 on October 20, 2014, 10:03:12 pm
I don't believe that is awesome sounds like  poor leadership beating a team like that.

I see what you mean gamechanger, I wasn't there, so I don't really know what happened, doesn't sound like Kipp had much. Sounds like a lot a lay ups by Bay.

Ezyout9700

Brookland jr. High played Kipp in team camp, we pulled our starters halfway through first quarter and still beat them by 60. Hard to keep your kids from not scoring when the girls are finally getting to play.  But 97-4 is kind of extreme. I agree!!!!   

NEA Razorback olfan

October 20, 2014, 10:33:02 pm #29 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:54:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Easyout ,I know your ready for bball season at Brookland. They should be fun to watch this year!!  Did yall play Bay jr girls in camp?

so Brookland vs Rivercrest is first game of VV tourney, Didn't we play them Last year??

Ezyout9700

Yes we played Bay I think we split with them.  Very close games.  Rivercrest has that strong point guard .  She is the main scorer shut her down and not much left. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 20, 2014, 08:08:17 pm
94-7 over Kipp Delta.

Wow, thats Awsome !!  It is in my book, Big congrats to Lady Jackets!!!

94 points in a class A jr Girls game? Wonder what the score was at the end of the third?  You would think they scored most of those in the first 18 minutes since the clock runs the last 6.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Ezyout9700 on October 20, 2014, 11:55:15 pm
Yes we played Bay I think we split with them.  Very close games.  Rivercrest has that strong point guard .  She is the main scorer shut her down and not much left.

Yes I remember bay playing in Brookland Christmas Tourney , they won Silver Division, going to be tough group in Sr High

I believe I remember us playing them in that same tourney , that guard was really good , she plays for the Ark Mavricks

chickasaw fan

I would guess the girl from rivercrest would move up to senior high. Depending on how deep sr high is.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on October 21, 2014, 01:47:31 pm
I would guess the girl from rivercrest would move up to senior high. Depending on how deep sr high is.

Honestly I have no idea, somebody from Rivercrest would have to let us know.
From playing there Sr girls last year and talking with D Brown's parents I think they have some really good AAU guards that were Sophs and Jr's last year, I could be mistaken. From talking to coaches most will not move a 9th grader up unless they plan on them being a starter or major minutes. Also Size of the player that has to effectively guard Sr players. Most players that were moved up already have the size of a Sr player , of course there are exceptions.

Next year I believe Brookland could have 1-2 Soph guards starting

NEA Razorback olfan

Chickasaw fan , I haven't even seen some of these girls so I'm going off what y'all tell me and from those I have seen before , who knows we could look up mid season and see some of the freshman out there, that's the coaches call. But I look forward to watching the new talent at Brookland!!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

94-7 over Kipp Delta.

OUCH!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Got to see all the girls tonight at Meet the Bearcats Banquet , New girls look very athletic , coach said he had some good tourneys lined up starting with VV where he can really see what he has . Will get to see them scrimmage each other at Meet the Bearcats Nov 4th. Talked to some of the Parents , they say the girls are excited about upcoming season!

Silky Johnson

Bay jr. Girls beat Viola by 49. I think the score was 55-6.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 26, 2014, 01:28:40 pm
Bay jr. Girls beat Viola by 49. I think the score was 55-6.

Bay girls are rolling, I believe most of them played for coach Hoffmans Arkansas Hoopsters, Bay has a really good young group!

BoxNOne

I saw Bay beat Riverside 39-35 last week. Those teams they slaughtered must be horrible cause Riverside is an average jr team after moving up two ninth graders.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe that Bay has all 8th graders starting ,they are going to be Salty time they get into Sr High. I haven't seen them play this year. Heard we played Kipp at team camp ,pulled starters mid 1st qtr and still won by 60. We will get tested early with the VV touney , with Annie Camp (Jonesboro), Paragould, Marion, Marianna, Rivercrest and VV  plus regular season games with Nettleton 11-18 and MacArthur (Jonesboro) 11-24. Those will be tough!!

BoxNOne

Olfan, I think Bay may have one ninth grader starting that just moved in from Trumann. I think they were gonna move her up until sr high folded. Sounds to me like Brookland will be loaded at point guard but only one can play there. My bet is the girl from Armorel will be the best.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 02, 2014, 05:20:43 pm #43 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:15:11 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Box, I had no idea about the the Trumann girl move in, sounds like she will really help Bay. Brookland has some good guards coming up, where they all will play is left up to coach. He definetely has options at pt guard, I think he will try different combos to to find the best fit. Any of them can bring the ball down. I haven't seen the Cain or Wagner girl, But Ally Loflin was the Fastest girl in our conference last year as an 8th grader. Believe her dad said she avg around 12 pts , 3 steals last year. Box, did you see our Jr girls last yr?

chickasaw fan

If loflin is faster than Wagner then she can fly!!! I think Wagner"s natural position is the 2 guard. She is so athletic off the dribble in  half court set. She can go right or left. She is looking to score.  I found out she ran the point for the hoopsters in the summer. Heard she plays in some big time events. I hadn't seen her in the summer, so I cant give a report!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds good to me , I'm looking forward to watching her this year!! All I have heard is very positive things about her!! Hoffman teaches the game very well at all positions , he lives and breaths it. Red and Black scrimmage is tomorrow night so I will see them on the floor for the first time. If Loflin and Wagner are guarding each other that would be some quick on quick...lol Honestly I couldn't tell you who is faster, I have watched Loflin play since she was 7th grade ,she had impressive speed and quickness then vs Freshman. Wagner May be more of a 2 guard , if she can knock it down from 3 range and drive the lane she will be tough to stop. Loflin has a strong build so she may be a 3 or 4, she can drive and has a good mid range game with the pull-up.

BoxNOne

Olfan, I did not see the Brookland jr girls last year. But one thing you can count on this year. The Wagner girl is going to get somebodys minutes.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 03, 2014, 10:48:26 pm #47 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:21:38 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: BoxNOne on November 03, 2014, 10:26:28 pm
Olfan, I did not see the Brookland jr girls last year. But one thing you can count on this year. The Wagner girl is going to get somebodys minutes.

Great !! I get to see her in tomorrow night scrimmage in red/white game. We could have used her last year, we were basically around 3 deep out of our starting 5 last year (8th Ally Loflin,and Hannah Lovrein ,) 9th Taylor Reddick but still came in 3rd or 4th in conference.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 04, 2014, 09:59:52 pm #48 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:14:26 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Watched meet the bearcats tonight , I will start with the 7th girls, good athletic group that can push the ball, very aggressive on defense and attacks the basket. Other teams may be in the double bonus before the end of 1st qtr though. Now for the Jr High Girls , after seeing our new girls in action , they are the real deal. I didn't know but Whitney Wagner ,Ally Loflin, and Hannah Lovrein all played together a few years ago on Hoopsters. Hayden Cain and Loflin played together on Fat City this summer. All these girls can go, with  Mallory Lovrein, Gracie Hyde, Emily Pate, and LaCasia Daniel in the post along with 7th grader Lotti Hoffman that can play point guard or wing. This years  team could have 5 different leading scorers every time they hit the floor. Should be a good year for the Lady Bearcats.

After tonight my guess for starters would be
1 Hannah Lovrien
2 Whiteny Wagner
3 Ally Loflin
4 Hayden Cain
5 Taylor Hammit or M Lovrein

chickasaw fan

Ive been waiting on an update from over there old fan. Sounds like things went well!! You got info on Wagner and the hoopsters I didn't have. How did the girl from vv do? You got her at the 4?? I thought she was a guard also?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas