• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cabot 06

Started by JacksonvilleGolfa, January 26, 2006, 10:14:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacksonvilleGolfa

defense will be good with most players coming back, Jake Davis will be move LB and a great freshman name Blake Carter from cabot north will be starting defensive end while they will be better it will take two more years for cabot to get back

JvilleDevils

Quote from: JHSDevilGolfer on January 26, 2006, 10:14:04 am
a great freshman name Blake Carter from cabot north will be starting defensive end

Little family love....LOL

jaxwr19

he is just showing so LOVE

hornet2

defense will be good with most players coming back, Jake Davis will be move LB and a great freshman name Blake Carter from cabot north will be starting defensive end while they will be better it will take two more years for cabot to get back

Get back under the old system!!!! It is not going to happen. Conway's coach has learned his lesson and is putting in the spread and Cabot better learn their lesson too. No more state titles for the panthers under the old system. If they had the speed of the 2003 and 2004 Central tigers then maybe, but that is not the case. We are looking forward to beating you constantly when our Bryant Hornets finally have a chance to play the panthers. We hope you ignore this email and keep running the ball. If old man smith over at Conway can learn his lesson, then I am sure you will finally catch on.

chicks_fan

I used to hate playing Cabot or even watching them play. There offense is soo boring, but they got the job done so what can you say.

arreferee

Quote from: hornet2 on February 01, 2006, 11:34:16 pm
Conway's coach has learned his lesson and is putting in the spread

You might be right, but I won't believe this until I see it.  Conway's offense will be more balanced with Schwartz calling the plays, but I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it will be the spread offense.

voiceofthepanthers

Hey Hornet 2, how state championships has your offense won? How many times has your team been in the state championship or final four? Our offense is still very effective. We are not going to change, because there is no reason to change. And if you know more about our offense and players than Malham, well I guess you are the next best thing since sliced bread as a high school coach. Look forward to playing you guys as well.

JacksonvilleGolfa

Get back under the old system!!!! It is not going to happen. Conway's coach has learned his lesson and is putting in the spread and Cabot better learn their lesson too. No more state titles for the panthers under the old system. If they had the speed of the 2003 and 2004 Central tigers then maybe, but that is not the case. We are looking forward to beating you constantly when our Bryant Hornets finally have a chance to play the panthers. We hope you ignore this email and keep running the ball. If old man smith over at Conway can learn his lesson, then I am sure you will finally catch on.

even when Cabot won state in 2000 they didn't have much speed..its line up and make the other team your BIA... anyways tell Anthony Mask to get his sideburns cut

trenchwarefare_07

February 02, 2006, 08:09:37 pm #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 08:19:27 pm by trenchwarefare_07
Actually the 2000 state championship team had a lot more speed than some of the athletes that have gone through Cabot over the last few years. But I agree with you. But you also forget someone else who is very good on the defensive side. The Linebacker Colin Fuller. Fuller is a absolute monster. And he is gonna be a big factor on the defensive side. And I think that the team that is coming back next year will be much better. Malham won't let two losing seasons happen in a row.

privatevspublic

Cabot  football   will  stink  again this  year

small  to  average  size  crunksters

Their  feet  will  be   dangling  off  the  River  Bridge !!

bjacarter3

cabot will go 5-5 miss playoffs not enough size or depth

JacksonvilleGolfa

Quote from: bjacarter3 on February 02, 2006, 09:41:20 pm
cabot will go 5-5 miss playoffs not enough size or depth

yea probably

bjacarter3

defense will be a fast front 7 but small, secondary runs in quick sand / not enough heart on the field

retiredlion05

Cabot will be back in 06.  They may not win state, heck they may not even make it to the playoffs but they will be better and improved.  And for all of you doubters on the Mike Malham way of football, try playing for him.  You can't argue with the method of the second most winning active coach in the state.  He knows what he is doing and because the man has ONE bad year out of what 100, you all want to jump on the I hate Cabot bandwagon.  Give this man time to get his program back on track.  He is truly a football genius.

Bogey

Oh, I see. 

How many championships does Bryant have?  How far has Bryant even gone in the playoffs?  What is Bryant's record versus Cabot?  (BTW, they used to play each year.) 

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: retiredlion05 on February 06, 2006, 02:00:27 pm
Cabot will be back in 06. They may not win state, heck they may not even make it to the playoffs but they will be better and improved. And for all of you doubters on the Mike Malham way of football, try playing for him. You can't argue with the method of the second most winning active coach in the state. He knows what he is doing and because the man has ONE bad year out of what 100, you all want to jump on the I hate Cabot bandwagon. Give this man time to get his program back on track. He is truly a football genius.
Genius should never be used in the same sentence with football.....

FootballFan10

even when Cabot won state in 2000 they didn't have much speed..its line up and make the other team your BIA... anyways tell Anthony Mask to get his sideburns cut

You should have told him after they beat the mess out of yall in the playoffs in 04

voiceofthepanthers

Well, if we did not have much speed in 2000 when we won state, I guess that speaks volumes about coaching. Truth be told, our defense did have some good speed on it.

rhs_07

Quote from: FootballFan10 on February 13, 2006, 08:59:18 pm

You should have told him after they beat the mess out of yall in the playoffs in 04

haha that was right after WE beat the mess out of them in '03

Cabotfan

Quote from: rhs_07 on February 14, 2006, 09:58:31 am

uuu.....   he was talking about Jville and Brynot.  ;)

c_pantherz6

Quote from: Cabotfan on February 14, 2006, 01:24:51 pm
Quote from: rhs_07 on February 14, 2006, 09:58:31 am

uuu.....   he was talking about Jville and Brynot. ;)
i dont think that cabot will improve much next year....here is my reason....they lost thier starting fulback richard williams to injury and rumur has it around school that they are takin our starting linebacker collin fuller from linebacker to corner back,...they have a very good freshman class comming up one that went undefeated in jr high...just give them another year or two

c_pantherz6

cabot lost lots of people to injury and lots just quit,...including starting fulback richard williams...and rumor has it that they plan on moving linebacker collin fuller to cornerback/fulback....they have a very good freshman class comming up...one that went undefeated in jr high with very good speed,....one of the fastest ever to come through..so they just need a couple more years

lilmike55

i hate to say it...but with malham as the coach i dont think the panthers are gonna win for a while.  the teams in the new conference actually know how to throw a forward pass.  i respect malham for what he has done at cabot but his system is getting old.  if he doesnt stop running fuller up the gut everytime fuller is gonna be in the hospital at least once next year.  fuller is one heck of an athlete but he cant carry the team by himself.  and from what i hear most of the players dont like playing for malham and some have already quit.  despite all this i hope cabot comes through and beats the odds.  my prediction is 3-7.  maybe 1 conference win.

c_pantherz6

Quote from: lilmike55 on February 16, 2006, 05:59:50 pm
i hate to say it...but with malham as the coach i dont think the panthers are gonna win for a while. the teams in the new conference actually know how to throw a forward pass. i respect malham for what he has done at cabot but his system is getting old. if he doesnt stop running fuller up the gut everytime fuller is gonna be in the hospital at least once next year. fuller is one heck of an athlete but he cant carry the team by himself. and from what i hear most of the players dont like playing for malham and some have already quit. despite all this i hope cabot comes through and beats the odds. my prediction is 3-7. maybe 1 conference win.
i hate to say it but your absolutely right....none of the players like to play for him at all and his system is old

Bogey

Quote from: c_pantherz6 on February 16, 2006, 06:31:39 pm
Quote from: lilmike55 on February 16, 2006, 05:59:50 pm
i hate to say it...but with malham as the coach i dont think the panthers are gonna win for a while. the teams in the new conference actually know how to throw a forward pass. i respect malham for what he has done at cabot but his system is getting old. if he doesnt stop running fuller up the gut everytime fuller is gonna be in the hospital at least once next year. fuller is one heck of an athlete but he cant carry the team by himself. and from what i hear most of the players dont like playing for malham and some have already quit. despite all this i hope cabot comes through and beats the odds. my prediction is 3-7. maybe 1 conference win.
i hate to say it but your absolutely right....none of the players like to play for him at all and his system is old

What an epiphany! 

First of all, "his old system" has worked for him consistantly since 1981.  It is in fact, brilliant for where he coaches.  "His old system" controls the ball and shortens the game.  Therefore, if the other team does not have the ball, they can't hurt you. 

Secondly, typically, Cabot is a well-disciplined team that usually controls the line of scrimmage.  So guess what, for as long as football has been around, whoever controls the line of scrimmage typically wins the ball game. 

Thirdly, I don't know of too many players who have EVER liked it when they were playing for him.  Not too many like getting berated in practice, putting in that many hours (year round), nor practing that hard.  However, they do like winning, and being a part of a winning program.  (And didn't whine near as much)   

Lastly, as has been pointed out before, Coach Campbell at Wynne runs a similar "old system", Coach McClellan formerly at Barton ran a similar "old system", others do as well.  Would you not consider those programs successful?

Cabot will start winning again, and everything will be alright. 

c_pantherz6

i think thats right.....i do belive that cabot will start winning again, they  just need about 2 more years or so, they have size and speed comming up through jr high, next year they will improve some, im guessing probley around 4 or 5 wins, they will steadly get better.

Bogey

First, let's hope these Junior High players learn correct grammar and spelling (or at least learn how to hit the 'spell check' button) if they are going to keep postion.

Now, why are you speaking out of both sides of your mouth?
At first you are down on Coach Malham and the program then
you post the above.  Which is it?

c_pantherz6

i was never down on the cabot program...i am as big a cabot football fan as there is....im just not a fan of malham...but i do think they will start winning again

voiceofthepanthers

Bogey, I guess you are as confused as I am.  ???

Cabotfan

Quote from: c_pantherz6 on February 17, 2006, 02:49:14 pm
i was never down on the cabot program...i am as big a cabot football fan as there is....im just not a fan of malham...but i do think they will start winning again

I wish you were an fan of English.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas