• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What the playoffs should be

Started by beach bum, November 05, 2018, 10:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 05, 2018, 10:31:39 pm Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:35:23 pm by beach bum
- If the AAA really cared about competition and not $$$$$
- Top 2 seeds in each conference get in
- 4 "wildcards" or also referred to as at large elections
-you could mix the 1 vs 2, 1 vs WC, 2 vs 2 matchups however you liked, I just did it this way
-I tried to not make conference foes play until the semifinals
-look at how much more competive games are right away, solves mostly blowouts in round 1
-also no byes cause I hate byes, and the four WC's are cause we know in a strong conference the 3 or 4 seed can be better than a 2 seed in a weak conference

1st 3 Salem
WC # 1 Mount Ida

1st 6 Hazen
2nd 4 Mountainburg

1st 7 Foreman
WC #2 Earle

2nd 8 Hampton
2nd 5 Mountain Pine

1st 8 Junction City
WC # 3 Mineral Springs

1st 4 Hector
2nd 3 EPC

1st 5 Conway Christian
WC # 4 Fordyce

2nd 6 Des Arc
2nd 7 Gurdon

beach bum

I think some will say how did I pick Fordyce at 5-5 as a wildcard? Well look at their 5 losses. I am not going to fault a team for going out and playing tough competition. If your team was snubbed no worries this is just hypothetical  ;D

72aDaddy

For the most part, those are pretty competitive rd 1 games.

HorseFeathers

Could add that extra "0" week to the back end of the season instead of at the front in August too...

Rida4Life

I don't hate your idea but I still think the power rating system makes more sense. 

You could still seed teams 1-32 and end up with the best 16 teams as the higher seeds.
It would also bring about the possibility of more neutral site games for like those middle seed matchups and possibly quarters and semis.

I'd like to see it.  Let's face it.... looking at the bracket maybe 1 5 seed has a legit chance to win?  why not make it the best 32 instead of surviving to be the 5 in a weak conference....

IDK... I guess there are arguments to each way.

Lionsquatch

I like this idea because I hate seeing these schools that are 3-7 and somehow in the playoffs and they have to travel 5 hours to get dominated by 50+ when the kids didn't want to go anyways.  This would help solve some of these problems

stuck in between

Not a bad idea at all. The only draw back I see is how or who determines the wildcard spots? There will be an argument made by many that they belong over the other. Figure that out and present it to the Triple A. I'm sure they will welcome your idea with open arms because they only wants what is best for the student athlete. (Sarcasm intended).

72aDaddy

Quote from: stuck in between on November 06, 2018, 09:45:44 am
Not a bad idea at all. The only draw back I see is how or who determines the wildcard spots? There will be an argument made by many that they belong over the other. Figure that out and present it to the Triple A. I'm sure they will welcome your idea with open arms because they only wants what is best for the student athlete. (Sarcasm intended).
No thinking brain should be able to determine the WC spots, seriously. Therefore, just have the top 3 seeds of each conference and do away with the WC idea.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas