• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hypothetical Playoff Bracket Based on Calpreps' End of Regular Season Power Ratings

Started by bleudog, November 04, 2018, 08:46:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 06, 2018, 11:11:55 am
Bleu, the 2 seeds are 3-10 against 1 seeds in the last 3 years, with Foreman winning 2 of those....Why not just cut it to 8 teams with 2 wildcards?

I like to root for the underdog.  I know it was an anomaly, but Strong won it all as a #3 one year and I know they beat at least one #1 because I was there to see it.

Maybe 16 teams.  The 6 district champs and the next best 10 regardless of their district seeding.  And if the champ of the 2A-X isn't one of the best 6 in the state, seed them wherever they fall and hope it's at least in the top 16.

couch-coach06

Right now with the current max preps rankings mineral us ranked higher than both gurdon and mount ida even though both of those teams beat them head too head .. and I just don't see how Hampton can be ahead of junction when they play bassicaly same schedule junction beat them head too head

bleudog

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 06, 2018, 04:47:05 pm
Right now with the current max preps rankings mineral us ranked higher than both gurdon and mount ida even though both of those teams beat them head too head .. and I just don't see how Hampton can be ahead of junction when they play bassicaly same schedule junction beat them head too head

Mysteries of life, but it can be quantified. 

It would seem that based on each school's body of work, they think a rematch might turn out differently.  But then again, rematches aren't played on a computer.

http://calpreps.com/ratings.htm

On a sidebar, Calpreps doesn't count administrative forfeits as ever being played in power rating calculations.  So Hampton lost to Smackover in record only.  Junction lost to Smackover "for real."

dawgpound

Hampton beat a 4 a school that made the playoffs and a top 10 3 a school also that plays in as well

couch-coach06

Quote from: dawgpound on November 06, 2018, 07:14:34 pm
Hampton beat a 4 a school that made the playoffs and a top 10 3 a school also that plays in as well

Understand that but still head too head should matter

dawgpound

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 05:41:10 pm
No way, Hazen is 🐢🐢 slow, has no size and I'm not sure how they are undefeated. Heck eveyone knows that only the 7 and 8 has speed and size. The rest of us are at yalls mercy. 🙄🙄🙄

LOL

Hasbeen92

I'm pretty sure calpreps hasn't watched a 2A game so I don't put much faith in their rankings very similar to what weather man does

couch-coach06

Pretty much my point is I would hate too have a playoff bracket based off of these rankings

dawgpound

72aDaddy

Quote from: who-knew on November 05, 2018, 06:24:22 pm
No one said Hazen was faster than Gurdon, I said, I didn't think that they would match up equally with Hazen's Speed.
That makes perfect sense.

72aDaddy

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 08:10:03 pm
Your right not many but I think about 7-9 can and I believe Hazen Junction and Forman are 3 of them- I live about 4 miles from Haskell's football field and watched most of them when they were in PeeWee
That's compatible...Ya know...Pee-wee to high school. Any post apocalypse advice you'd like to divvy out since you're spewing with knowledge?

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 05:41:10 pm
No way, Hazen is 🐢🐢 slow, has no size and I'm not sure how they are undefeated. Heck eveyone knows that only the 7 and 8 has speed and size. The rest of us are at yalls mercy. 🙄🙄🙄
Why don't you just stick to Des Arc. I get you like hoping on coattails and all, but your allegiance doesn't lie with Hazen. And the rest of the 6 is at our mercy. ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 07, 2018, 08:51:24 pm
Why don't you just stick to Des Arc. I get you like hoping on coattails and all, but your allegiance doesn't lie with Hazen. And the rest of the 6 is at our mercy. ;)

Blah blah, I dont need your approval to talk about anything or anyone.

What team do you support?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 07, 2018, 08:48:04 pm
That's compatible...Ya know...Pee-wee to high school. Any post apocalypse advice you'd like to divvy out since you're spewing with knowledge?
I watched them in Pee wee and high school and they are not that talented in my opinion. I'm full of knowledge if you don't believe it just ask me. It would be a apocalypse for you to battle my intellect

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 07, 2018, 09:22:20 pm
Blah blah, I dont need your approval to talk about anything or anyone.

What team do you support?
I'm not from Hazen. My namesake should explain that to you.

Hasbeen92

Hasbeen92

SWAT11

Hazen may very well make it there. Junction may make it there. Hector may make it there. If foreman gets healthy they are the team to beat. Gurdon or Mt. Ida could play them at the rock.

Conway Christian has a shot. Any of those has a good shot at it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

72aDaddy

GatorBall

Pick_DA_EAGLES

i40traveler

here is an interesting tid bit.  Its quite possible Hazen could have to go through the top 4 teams in 72A to win a championship.  Gurdon, Mineral, Mt. Ida, Foreman.  Wouldn't that be something.

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

stuck in between

Quote from: i40traveler on November 08, 2018, 09:20:24 am
here is an interesting tid bit.  Its quite possible Hazen could have to go through the top 4 teams in 72A to win a championship.  Gurdon, Mineral, Mt. Ida, Foreman.  Wouldn't that be something.

That would be a tough row to hoe, but if they did there would be no doubt who the champion was.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: dawgpound on November 08, 2018, 09:36:10 am
Yes it is but i don't think they will get past gurdon
Hazen will beat them by 14+
For the record dawgpound, not talking trash I just think everyone has there south Arkansas Blinders on again this year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 08, 2018, 12:34:54 pm
Hazen will beat them by 14+
For the record dawgpound, not talking trash I just think everyone has there south Arkansas Blinders on again this year.

same song and dance from down there. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas